• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

top 3 N64 stages for brawl

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to go with:

1st - Hyrule Castle (This stage was so awesome. I got kinda sad when I noticed it was completely gone in Melee)
2nd - Dreamland (Simple but so much fun)
3rd - Sector Z (It's freaking huge)

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
1. Princess Peach's Castle [I Love This Place, It Was My Fav In N64 Smash Bros]
2. Hyrule Castle
3. Saffron City

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
Sector Z
Hyrule Castle
Mushroom Kingdom

And if they would be graphically re-made, and I could pick a forth, Meta Crystal (that's the name for the Metal Mario stage, right?)

The intro stage would be pretty cool too. (Master Hand's desk that turned into a stage in the intro)

Sir James

The Doctor
1. Dreamland
2. Yoshi's Island
3. Saffron City

I don't care if these stages don't get any graphical overhauls. I just want them to make a return!

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
The old Brinstar is called Planet Zebes <_<

I want Hyrule (definately), Saffron City, and Dreamland (I'm expecting this since it's in Melee). I'd like Sector Z but it was improved to Corneria. I also like Peach's Castle and Mushroom Kingdom (although it has walk-off ledges, making it wave-shine territory).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hyrule Castle needs to return, and probably should be slightly revamped with more Overhead areas like the small tower, but not much more is needed.

Saffron City would be great, all it needs is to be slightly bigger, and updated per the Pokémon Games represented(in other words, if we get Ruby/Sapphire series, and so on).

Finally, there's the original Mushroom Kingdom. Nothing beats the awesomeness that this stage beholds. The POW Block did return, but the pipes did not, which means its double representation(MK1 and 2) were piss-poor at best and does not do SSB justice. Yeah, I like the level, so what?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Finally, there's the original Mushroom Kingdom. Nothing beats the awesomeness that this stage beholds. The POW Block did return, but the pipes did not, which means its double representation(MK1 and 2) were piss-poor at best and does not do SSB justice. Yeah, I like the level, so what?
Dude, Mushroom Kingdom sux BAD!!! And NO, just No. Dreamland 64 should be like the only one to return. Maybe Hyrule for the n00bs. LOL

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Hyrule Castle, Sector Z and Mushroom Kingdom were my favorite 64 stages. If they also choose any Melee stages, I would say Onett, Fountain of Dreams and Brinstar Depths.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Let's clarify this here. I'm referring to what stages from the original Smash game. There's plenty of other stages from Melee that should return. Shall I list them? No, I don't think so :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dude, Mushroom Kingdom sux BAD!!! And NO, just No. Dreamland 64 should be like the only one to return. Maybe Hyrule for the n00bs. LOL
Dreamland 64 already made its return in Melee, so expecting it back doesn't make one iota of a difference. Hyrule Castle is the most popular stage according to the original Smash Bros.com poll on the original website. Noob stage? More like favorite stage.

How does the Mushroom Kingdom suck anyway? It could've been better for a character or two, but it was a lot of fun, and made the battles interesting. Having more than one obstacle without easily causing unfair advantage for anyone(except Ness, and that's literally it) made it definately worth unlocking. Congo Jungle was the only bad level in the game, but only because it had no obstacles, and that was the fun of the original. Surprisingly, because the characters are more apart in Melee, CJ was played much more. Probably because there's so many rediculously big or crazy stages, that some easy ones made it nice.

I love Dreamland 64 and all, but most of the Melee levels were boring to me. Moving levels =/= fun. Of course, that's my opinion and all, but some like Icicle Mountain made the fighting...well, wait, what fighting? Any character with a semi-terrible or terrible jump were screwed. Not to mention, that it doesn't even help the Ice Climbers in any way(besides the non-slipping) that makes a real impact on gameplay. I'm not saying I want a character's main stage to make them actually broken or anything like that, but perhaps a slight advantage that could really help. I admit that the non-slipping might be useful to IC mains, but how many people actually use Icicle Mountain as a main stage anyway.

Sorry about talking so much about Melee stages and all. I just want classic stages that allow lots of thought, and little abuse as is. It also would make sense why Sector Z was changed to the rediculously smaller Corneria.(in the first game, Link actually needed his Up B just to get off the Tail of the ship itself. DK might've needed it too, but I don't really play him much, so...)

greenblob

Smash Lord
I dunno... I see Sector Z as the Hyrule Temple of Smash 64. Way too big, tons of camping, and for the most part uninteresting.

MK was a campfest too, just not as much. There were several interesting tidbits (aside from POW blocks and pipes, the multilayered platforms on the right side were cool), but the left side was kinda bad.

Hyrule Castle was fun because of diversity, but camping out at Isai's house might become a problem.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
wow they were all perfect except for samus stage

1.Dreamland
2.Peaches castle
3.Hyrule
4.Sector Z(NOT STUPID SMALL CORNERIA)
5.Saffron City
6.Congo Jungle
7.Yoshi's Island
8.Mushroom kingdom
9.Planet Zebes

sorry for listing more than 3

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
1.Saffon City
2.The mario stage with the bumpers(forgot the name)
3.Hyrule Castle

I didn't put Dreamland because I'm sure they are going to bring it back anyway.

Top Bottom