• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link combos and follow-ups

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
Just list some tactics you've found with TL. The more the better!
ex:
Boomerang>Bomb(thrown upwards)>Grab/Shield Grab(usually your opponent will chase you after being hit)>UThrow>Any aerial

Last edited:

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
bomb (or arrow, rang doesn't work for somereason)>grab> down throw> any aerial at your discretion, at some percentages it links to firespike which if they don't tech you can follow up with> fast fall pogo hit.
bair is still really effective at walling some characters out
Agt bomb down> fastfall aerial
grab>forward throw is good mixup for people expecting down throw, leads directly to upsmash.

raymundoTheGod

Smash Apprentice
When I get that shield grab, I like to:
D throw
Juggle with:
Nair
U tilt
And follow up from there after the juggle is broken.

Last edited:

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
You can rang/arrow/hell even bomb at low percents into grab.
Down throw
Up tilt
Grab
Down throw
Depending on how high they are you can either aerial up b or get another up tilt then up b. I havent checked the percentages but I would think that a down throw does more percent than following with another up tilt

Edit: I take that back. Grab does about 6 percent while up tilt does 9. But its a nice change up and it just looks cooler lol

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
On Spacies: Anything your heart desires. Taunt > Nair > Up-B > Final Smash > Up Smash
Floaties: No Combos.

There ya go :)

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
Tink Combos against non-floaties!
3...2...1... GO!
Bomb, Nair, Down Tilt, U-Air, Rang, U-Air, U-Air, Hop On Platform, U-Tilt, U-Tilt, D-Air Fire Spike, D-Tilt, Nair, Arrow, Grab, D-Throw, Up-B!
Stock 2....

Last edited:

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
My favorite finisher combo - assuming other options have been exhausted or are harder to make for whatever reason - is bomb/arrow -> grab -> upthrow -> upb.

This usually is only doable or needed at higher percentages, but when you're zoning or poking against opponents who can outrage or out-combo you (like Marth or Sonic, perhaps) then it makes an excellent finisher. Especially if you've been making heavy use of dthrow and your opponent has been DI-ing properly. Upthrow with the wrong DI makes your upb and excellent and easy areal finisher.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't always work space ghost. Its very easily tech'd before the fsmash hits

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
USE YOUR BOOMERANG! It can get you so many hits, grabs etc. It can reset. It can cover a certain direction forcing your opponent to either get hit or come straight at you. I love love love throwing the rang, letting it hang, grab my foe, into a fthrow, into the rang, and then getting a second chain. Though my rhyme was lame this combo is super sexy and you get two grabs, plus most characters will be combo'd after the second grab. And if you are feeling fancy you can throw the boomerang first, then use a bomb to get your grab off then continue the pwnage

Top Bottom