• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Ganondorf - the incarnation with two swords: VOTE NOW!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
This is a thread dedicated to bringing support for Toon Ganondorf in Smash Bros.

Vote for him on the Smash Ballot!

Who's Toon Ganondorf?

Toon Ganondorf is the representation of Ganondorf from the Wind Waker. He is unique for wielding two swords.

Boss battle clip is featured below.

Since the Zelda series have various incarnations of key characters, it is necessary to label what kind based on art style. We do have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, but they represent a more mainstream aesthetic (OoT and Twilight Princess). Since the Wind Waker has cell-shaded art and more exaggerated bodies, the incarnations are given a sub-title Toon, like Toon Link.

Fighting Style
With Toon Ganondorf wielding two swords along with some martial arts, he has potential to stand out as a unique fighter by fleshing out moveset ideas. However, to stand out further from Ganondorf, which happens to have movesets derived from Captain Falcon, but slower and stronger, he will have to be slightly lighter and more agile, while still having archetypes of a typical villain of well-timed attacks with faster falling.

Why should Toon Ganondorf be added?

Need more Villains
In SSB4, only one new villain was added to the roster, despite that voting is happening now until October 3rd. With only 4 villains (Bowser, Bowser jr., Ganondorf, and Wolf), the anti-hero (Wario), and two villain/hero types (Dedede and Mewtwo), the roster needs new ones to potentially enjoy an all-out battle of the villains.
Diversify Dual-wield characters
Previously, Pit in Brawl was the only character that does dual-wield by switching between Bow and blades. With the inclusion of Dark Pit and that both Pits expanded their arsenal, there is not yet a character that uses only two weapons at once.
Expand Zelda Roster
The Zelda Roster has not been updated since Brawl with Toon Link, yet there are plenty of other characters that deserve to be in Smash, including Toon Ganondorf. If more are added, then the Zelda roster can catch up to Mario series's roster size.

Do what you can to bring in the legendary villain!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nice Thread. He certainly had a unique fighting style and personality in Wind Waker, and his proportions are a little strange compared to the rest of the cast. Shame that he never appeared in the other Toon games, or he woud certainly have had more support.

I'm more of a Tetra and Vaati supporter, but more characters from the Toon games are always welcome for me.

:231:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I dont see this happening bro but I'll give him my vote! :b:
I'm all too familiar with badly wanting a character in that has little to no chances...

I think he'd be an interesting character to add to the roster for sure, and Zelda definitely needs more reps (we havent had more than 5 Zelda reps since Melee and that was over 13 years ago; it's about time Zelda gets the respect it deserves!)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd personally rather see Ganon as our.... second Ganon, but I'm not really opposed to Toon Ganondorf myself.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Oh hell no. I'm not even for a new Zelda character, but if one is included, how about a new Zelda character? You know, like Impa or something.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's some problems I see...
Need more villains: How many characters can use this argument? K Rool, Ridley, Wolf...just to name a few of the more popular characters...Zelda is full of potential villains, such as Girahim, Skull Kid (both are Assist Trophies I know, but I'm just throwing in probably the two best examples that aren't Ganon in some form) as well as Vaati, Zant, etc...
The same thing can be said for female characters; such as Impa, Krystal, Dixie Kong, etc... while it does indeed bring up the point that both villains and females are lacking in the roster, there still needs to be something else to add instead of this...

Duel Wielding Swords: I'm not really sure using two swords justifies a character being added to the roster...Why not Zant? he uses two swords and he'd be much more fun as a character than Toon Dorf...I mean hell if we're gonna have another Ganon who uses two swords then let it be the badass from Hyrule Warriors...There's also a bunch of smash fans saying 'no more sword users' while I do disagree with them (it depends on what else the character brings to the table instead of just using a sword), in this case it doesn't really hold any ground as to why he should make it in...

Zelda needs a rep: 'Need muh reps' While I agree to a certain extent as I would like to see some Zelda characters who I feel fill a specific void in the roster for the Zelda series...Ganondorf would fill the same role twice, I know Toon Link is another Link (I personally do not like Toon Link being a separate character, especially for the only 'technical' newcomer for Zelda since melee) but Toon Link at least fits a different persona as the main Link as he represents the whole Toon Zeldaverse with his own unique personality...While I don't want to say that his role isn't important (I mean it's ****ing Ganondorf we're talking about here) but what else about Toon Ganondorf specifically makes him worthy of a spot in the roster...
At the same time other franchises are also in need of representation (Metroid, DK, possibly Kirby as well), but what else about this character do you feel gives him the 'right stuff' to be in...

I'm not saying people should not vote for Toon Ganondorf but there needs to be something more enticing arguments to support his inclusion rather than a few minor arguments...I personally don't see anything, Pig Ganon has more grounds than Toon Ganondorf if we really are going to have a second Ganon, though personally I would rather someone outside of the Triforce Trio to represent the Zelda series such as Impa or Midna...in case that wasn't already obvious

Top Bottom