• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad or Captain Toad?

Captain Toad or Toad?

• Captain Toad

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Toad

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
As we know, Captain/Toad is a highly requested DLC, but which would be a better choice: Toad or his captain counterpart? I would say Toad, since he can represent the Toad species' various abilities.

Best case scenario imo is toad with a captain alt and takes moves from those games.

I personally prefer captain toad to regular toad though.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Captain Toad because he's made himself into more of a differentiable character in his own game. Would be cool to see Captain Toadette alternate costumes.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Toad is more important to the series overall, the only problem I have is Peach's Special.

D

Deleted member

Ah i hate Toad, especially after playing LMDM i have newfound hatred for the crybaby. If anything the Captain...

Laniv

Smash Champion
I have a preference towards Toad, but I'll go with Captain Toad for his greater moveset potential.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I chose classic Toad. He's the one I grew up with and the one I have the deepest connection to. I believe regular Toad has enough appearances to draw a good moveset from. That jumping meme would also die a fiery death since his ability to do this with his gear off isn't disputable. That said, I recognize that Captain Toad represents his best chance to become playable at this point in time. I wouldn't have a problem with either, just I prefer the original.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Toad...

More potential in moveset than Captain Toad.

Captain Toad don't even jump.

Toad can jump. In Super Mario Bros. 2, he's a faster character with a worst jump (but a jump nonetheless) and the highest strength.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Captain Toad has a ton more move set potential, and his own game

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Wow, Im surprised at how many people vote Captain over Vanilla Toad. My vote goes to OG Toad

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
*Sees people who say Captain Toad can't even jump*
B****, when has :4villager: fought? When have :4link: and :4tlink: co-existed at the same time (More examples of this; :4mario: and :4drmario:, :4samus: and :4zss:, :4zelda: and :4sheik:)? When has :4ganondorf: been reduced to a semi-clone of :4falcon:? When has :4jigglypuff:'s Rest in Pokemon ever cause an explosion? When have :4roy: and :4morton:been the exact same size as their siblings? When has :4robinm: used Nosferatu in Awakening? When have :4ness: and :4lucas:started using Paula, Poo, and Kumatora's moves? Why can the Koopalings turn into Shadow Mario? Since when were the Duck and Dog friends? Why does :rosalina:, caretaker of the Lumas, make them fight for her. WHY ISN'T THE ENTIRE CAST OF CHARACTERS CORRECT WITH THEIR CANONICAL SIZES? Smash isn't canon, and in Smash Captain Toad can ****ing jump.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
*Sees people who say Captain Toad can't even jump*
B****, when has :4villager: fought? When have :4link: and :4tlink: co-existed at the same time (More examples of this; :4mario: and :4drmario:, :4samus: and :4zss:, :4zelda: and :4sheik:)? When has :4ganondorf: been reduced to a semi-clone of :4falcon:? When has :4jigglypuff:'s Rest in Pokemon ever cause an explosion? When have :4roy: and :4morton:been the exact same size as their siblings? When has :4robinm: used Nosferatu in Awakening? When have :4ness: and :4lucas:started using Paula, Poo, and Kumatora's moves? Why can the Koopalings turn into Shadow Mario? Since when were the Duck and Dog friends? Why does :rosalina:, caretaker of the Lumas, make them fight for her. WHY ISN'T THE ENTIRE CAST OF CHARACTERS CORRECT WITH THEIR CANONICAL SIZES? Smash isn't canon, and in Smash Captain Toad can ****ing jump.
Well, Robin can learn Nosferatu if you reclass her to a Dark Mage...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Toad is way better choice than Captain Toad i will explain:
-Toad is a character that every mother and father knows Captain Toad isnt
-Toad got more games of his own than Captain Toad
-Toad has an amiibo wich proves that nintendo cares about the original than the Captain one
-Toad has a better moveset and more interesting look at SSB Crusade for example
-Toad did appear in more than 100 games
-Toad has more fans than the Captain
-Toad has been here since the melee poll

Captain Toad has a ton more move set potential, and his own game
Toad has more

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would like Toad in Smash to be a composite character... being based on Toad from Super Mario Bros. 2, Toad from Wario's Woods, Blue & Yellow Toads from New Super Mario Bros. Wii & U, Toad from Super Mario 3D World, and Captain Toad from Treasure Tracker.

Toad in Smash would have Classic Toad as the default and his alts are Captain Toad, Toadette, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Green Toad, Purple Toad, Red Toad... and Toadsworth replaces Peach's Toad.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
"Toad" is just one of many identical looking specimen of its species.
Every playable Toad (Wario's Woods, western Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart, etc) could be the same, or completely different ones.
Captain Toad however is an actual character, and a more established one compared to the other Toads.

I'm not really for having Toad as a playable character, but if i had to choose, i'd go for Captain Toad.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Toad is already in Smash as Peach's counter shield. Captain Toad, however, as HakuryuVision mentioned, is a more established character compared to the other Toads. He even has his own game, which I enjoyed a lot.

To sum things up, I prefer the Toad who likes adventures over the one who does nothing but runs around like a cockroach at the first sign of danger.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Captain Toad could actually have more attacks than Toad (Or actually have attacks)

Also, him not being able to jump doesn't effect anything, since Olimar and Alph can't jump either in Pikmin, yet they can jump in smash bros.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Captain Toad purely for the fact that Sakurai would be hard-pressed to deny the fact that he's a distinct character with his own sub-series.

Identity goes very far in this game.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Either would be great, but I have a slight preference for Classic Toad.

Top Bottom