• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ok, so, not to overhype anyone, but ...

We got Ike randomly two weeks ago.
We got a new Fire Emblem stage today. Preceded by a picture of Marth and Ike and ... the new stage.

It may be Sakurai's way of making sure all parts of the trailer in a Fire Emblem characters reveal are taken care of, much in the same way every Mario character was confirmed and featured in Rosalina's trailer.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Oh, I am most definitely expecting a Fire Emblem reveal at E3. If we're really lucky, Sakurai will troll everybody again and pull a Greninja, announcing 2 Characters in the same cinematic.

I mean, I totally wouldn't mind 4 FE reps especially after the popularity skyrocketed with Awakening.
And before anybody asks: If we end up getting 2, I'm pretty sure it would be Robin and Chrom. Can't keep that bromance seperated.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Wait, somebody picked Robin as a man? Always felt it necessary to pass Galeforce onto the women's side since Donnel & Gaius already help out enough as it was.

Anyways, I'm liking the new stadium but intrigued its not FE13. Guess this would serve as Ike's default if we count Arena Ferox as "Marth's"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Has there been any Morgan love? I know he/she isn't as important as Robin, but Morgan is a pretty cool character, too.
True, but like you said, Morgan isn't as important as Robin, and they'd probably play very similar if not the same.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So,how does the reveal of this new, non-Awakening/Radiant stage affect Robin's chances? Are they about the same as before, slightly higher, or slightly lower?

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
I don't really see any impact at all. Maybe a blanket increase in odds for more Fire Emblem representation, but I really don't see how it damages anyone's chances at all, least of all an Awakening representative, who technically already have their 'own' stage on the 3DS version.

Not that I especially see a connection between the likelihood of seeing a character and the number of stages.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So,how does the reveal of this new, non-Awakening/Radiant stage affect Robin's chances? Are they about the same as before, slightly higher, or slightly lower?
Same, not sure why people expected an Awakening stage when we already have one on the 3DS.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Wait, somebody picked Robin as a man? Always felt it necessary to pass Galeforce onto the women's side since Donnel & Gaius already help out enough as it was.
It's the only "problem" I have with my current party setup. No Galeforce on team Robin/Tiki while every other team has at least one. If I really wanted to I could just let Tiki go by herself (as she can handle that pretty easily) and team up Robin with somebody who has it, but then I'd forgo the S-Rank bonus chance for team actions. So I usually just decide to rush in with them at 8 move and have them kill EVERYTHING on a counter attack, while the others take care of whatever didn't die to the Tactician. And the Dragon. The Tactician riding the Dragon.

Man, I need to stop trying to force in Awakening quotes before I can't stop anymore. But what can I say? I'm a man of passion.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think having Chrom joining the likes of Marth and Ike would be a great disservice to the near-25-year legacy of Fire Emblem, given this was valuable development time, money and energy, that could have been spent on someone else. We have dozens of classes, weapon items, over a thousand characters, and such aesthetic variety. How could anyone want to represent the brand image of Fire Emblem so poorly?

Would you really consider Kris to be a tactician? I know that wiki page lists her as one, but I couldn't agree on that. Marth and Jagan had as much strategic input... They didn't really rely on Kris for more than her might and undying loyalty in Altea.
Jagen is technically the original Tactician, but Kris is somewhat supposed to fill that role of being a player-created character like the original Tactician Mark from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. Awakening finalized it because they also went and created a dedicated class for the Tactician (but said Tactician can still be reclassed into whatever you want :p).

Agreed, Chrom would be the worst choice for Fire Emblem. I don't care how many blue-haired sword-wielding Lords there are in the series, that shouldn't affect them adding someone else other than a blue-haired sword-based Lord.

inb4 they add Sigurd. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wait, somebody picked Robin as a man? Always felt it necessary to pass Galeforce onto the women's side since Donnel & Gaius already help out enough as it was."
Male Robin makes it so that Nowi, Kjelle, and Noire can all get Galeforce instead of just 2.

With female Robin such an option doesn't really exist, IIRC, since, aside from Chrom, the child is based on the mother, and Lucina doesn't need Robin to get Galeforce, so it makes more sense to make a super Morgan instead or to pair her up with Chrom to get the best possible Lucina. But I feel like Lucina gets enough help from Sumia to where I would rather have a super Morgan instead.

This is all assuming I'm doing a play through to get the best possible children characters and not just playing for the heck of it, in the latter case I always go male and pair myself up with Olivia.

Anyway.

I think Robin shouldn't heavily lean towards magic or swordplay but rather instead both be represented almost equally.

My idea is something like this; grounded attacks (tilts, smashes, and jab) should be swordplay which is about 7 or so moves while Specials and and 4 aerials should be magic, for 8 magic moves. The 5th aerial move could be a sword attack for a totally of 8 and 8. Grab and pummel can be physical while the throws are more magical. Now with the swordplay Robin could have a Brave Sword equipped and could have a gimmick of being able to cancel a sword attack into another attack, but this can only be done once at a time (basically if Robin were to cancel attack A into attack B then attack B cannot be canceled), or a jump but aerials and throws cannot be canceled. I'm still working out how I want the magic attacks to work.
To add onto this now.

I like the idea Hong had of Magic working out as a trap like style of play.

So keeping my Nspecial idea I had on page 49, for those who don't know what it was;

If you press and hold Nspecial Robin will start charging up, if you push up on the control stick wind will be charged, left is fire, right is dark (yesI know Robin can't actually use dark, but frankly I don't care), and down is thunder. This charged up power could last for a X amount of time and depending on the element that got charged Robin will have a different effect on the sword. Fire means more damage, thunder is more KB but slower, wind is fast but less KB, and dark could make the sword shoot out dark waves from the attacks or something and overall give more range.
Sspecial could summon a Tornado that is about the height of Ganondorf, maybe a bit taller, and it could stay in place for a certain amount of time. And if Sspecial is presed again it will make the Tornado move either left or right, depends on the direction the stick is pushed.

Dspecial could create a vortex of darkness that stays in place until Robin decides to make it explode, similar to Snake's Dspecial except that Robin can put it anywhere (even in the air). Think of it like a mix between Zelda's Sspecial in Project M and Snake Dspecial,

Uspecial..... I'm still working on that one.

I'm thinking Robin's aerial magic attack should act like projectiles.

I'm thinking of Robin as a zoning character with Project M Roy mobility and combo game but with a more average weight and fall speed.

Thoughts so far?

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Jagen is technically the original Tactician, but Kris is somewhat supposed to fill that role of being a player-created character like the original Tactician Mark from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. Awakening finalized it because they also went and created a dedicated class for the Tactician (but said Tactician can still be reclassed into whatever you want :p).

Agreed, Chrom would be the worst choice for Fire Emblem. I don't care how many blue-haired sword-wielding Lords there are in the series, that shouldn't affect them adding someone else other than a blue-haired sword-based Lord.

inb4 they add Sigurd. :p
Haha Sigurd would be funny just because of how every Smash player in the world would have the most confused look on their faces for about five seconds.

Anyway the way I see it, there were only five characters who had any chance to be a third FE character: Chrom, Robin or Lucina for Awakening representation, Tiki for consistency and uniqueness, or Anna for the most consistency in the series. It helps that all five were playable in the most recent game as well.

Anyway like mentioned before we gots ourselves both Ike and Marth together, AS WELL as the Wii U FE stage! I'm feeling good about a Fire Emblem character reveal at E3.

Edit: Very interesting moveset idea, mimgrim! I would be all over that playstyle.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Haha Sigurd would be funny just because of how every Smash player in the world would have the most confused look on their faces for about five seconds.

Anyway the way I see it, there were only five characters who had any chance to be a third FE character: Chrom, Robin or Lucina for Awakening representation, Tiki for consistency and uniqueness, or Anna for the most consistency in the series. It helps that all five were playable in the most recent game as well.

Anyway like mentioned before we gots ourselves both Ike and Marth together, AS WELL as the Wii U FE stage! I'm feeling good about a Fire Emblem character reveal at E3.

Edit: Very interesting moveset idea, mimgrim! I would be all over that playstyle.
inb4 the arena is used to announce Isaac.

Ok, I'll stop.

I don't think it should just be restricted to Awakening. There's a couple of other non-Awakening characters who I think have a slight chance. I don't actually think Sigurd has any chance at all; however, keep in mind that Sigurd was planned before Marth.

I think the other possibilities are Arvis, Leif, and Roy. Granted, Roy would be a veteran, but the arena is based more on the GBA arenas instead. If Roy is in I highly doubt he'd be the third FE rep, though, if anything he'd be a fourth. Arvis and Leif due to Jugdral.

Yeah, they're unlikely, but I don't think they're out of the question.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
At first I was impressed that so many people were skipping over the actual reason you'd use female Robin: that way you can marry chrom and the story turns into an epic romantic tragedy suffered by husband, wife and daughter.

But then I remember how people here feel about chrom, and I guess it makes more sense they just want to be friends with him.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
At first I was impressed that so many people were skipping over the actual reason you'd use female Robin: that way you can marry chrom and the story turns into an epic romantic tragedy suffered by husband, wife and daughter.

But then I remember how people here feel about chrom, and I guess it makes more sense they just want to be friends with him.
I was under the impression that most people here liked Chrom enough as a character in Awakening, but they just really don't like the idea of him being in Smash (for obvious reasons).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I was under the impression that most people here liked Chrom enough as a character in Awakening, but they just really don't like the idea of him being in Smash (for obvious reasons).
I was under the impression most of us hated his character too.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I personally don't dislike Chrom in Awakening. He's a fairly decent unit and has an OK personality. He's not anything particularly interesting, but I find him likable enough. But I really dislike the idea of him being in Smash because he offers so little and doesn't properly represent Fire Emblem for what it is.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I personally don't dislike Chrom in Awakening. He's a fairly decent unit and has an OK personality. He's not anything particularly interesting, but I find him likable enough. But I really dislike the idea of him being in Smash because he offers so little and doesn't properly represent Fire Emblem for what it is.
Well, I don't want him in Smash for essentially the same reason as you. Disliking him is separate from that. He was a little too vanilla for me (as was a lot of the cast; IS seemed to make the optional children characters more interesting for some reason), but I suppose I didn't hate him. I really just didn't like him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've never gotten the chance to play Awakening so I can't suggest one way or the other. I hate the idea of saying I hate a character I haven't seen in action. I hate the idea of Chrom only because he wouldn't bring anything new to Smash Bros., which also directly contradicts what Sakurai has been showing off where all new characters have been bringing a totally new mechanic into the game.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Awakening characters being vanilla? Dude, yea, I disagree with that. In other Fire Emblem games there's a bunch of characters that barely have personality and appear mid-game or at points in which your little group is already familiar and awesome.

In awakening it's literally difficult to not want to include new characters into the fighting party. The personality quirks are hilarious and the support conversations are actually easily accessible. The only other FE game where I liked so much of the cast was Rekka No Ken, while other Fire Emblem games sold me on about five characters each and the rest fell into the realms of the forgotten.

Granted, the small group of PoR characters I care about are a very awesome group. Nephenee, Soren, Mia, Lethe ... truly awesome characters. Same with Sacred Stones: Joshua is hands down the best swordmaster ever.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I like the idea for the Marth-Ike-Robin dynamic is because it represents Agility, Power, and Intelligence.

I don't see how Chrom would be any more interesting than Marth or Ike from a moveset standpoint, even if he is a mix between the two. Which would be boring.

And since it is likely that Snake is getting cut, we need another trap character.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like the idea for the Marth-Ike-Robin dynamic is because it represents Agility, Power, and Intelligence.

I don't see how Chrom would be any more interesting than Marth or Ike from a moveset standpoint, even if he is a mix between the two. Which would be boring.

And since it is likely that Snake is getting cut, we need another trap character.
I still think Snake will be replaced by Sami, but that's just me. Robin being for Tactics would be a nice addition I think.

Hong

The Strongest
Awakening characters being vanilla? Dude, yea, I disagree with that. In other Fire Emblem games there's a bunch of characters that barely have personality and appear mid-game or at points in which your little group is already familiar and awesome.

In awakening it's literally difficult to not want to include new characters into the fighting party. The personality quirks are hilarious and the support conversations are actually easily accessible. The only other FE game where I liked so much of the cast was Rekka No Ken, while other Fire Emblem games sold me on about five characters each and the rest fell into the realms of the forgotten.

Granted, the small group of PoR characters I care about are a very awesome group. Nephenee, Soren, Mia, Lethe ... truly awesome characters. Same with Sacred Stones: Joshua is hands down the best swordmaster ever.
Don't think this entire post is for you, so much as whenever I talk about Awakening and I don't keep myself in check, I have a lot to get out of my system.

Fire Emblem loyalist would be upset from going to Awakening after the Tellius games because the Tellius games have far and wide the best writing and the best cast of characters we have ever seen. They are as quirky as they are believable. Awakening's cast has flavour, but they're scarcely human.

Awakening seems to do everything in its power to take away suspension in belief. Fantasy of all things is supposed to enchant viewers by adding a touch of the impossible to reality, often with historical references and inspirations. That said, this does not apply to plot happenstance or character development, for very good reasons. it is harder for the reader (or player) to form bonds with characters who don't really seem like they have any world outside of filling a specific niche that you would pull straight out of an anime.

Chapter 4, where they arrive in Ferox, is where the player typically stops caring.
Oh, you just killed my entire border guard? Awesome skills, lad! Don't worry, their families won't care.
So get this: I can't help you with your war. It's because I am not the ruler of this domain. BUT YOU'RE IN LUCK! A tournament is going on RIGHT NOW, where we select foreigners to fight for us (THIS MEANS YOU) to determine who runs this joint. IF YOU WIN WE CAN SEND SOLDIERS RIGHT NOW.

Yeah. There goes all my interest in the plot. The Tellius games never did ANYTHING that ridiculous. To go back to the characters specifically, like the rest of Awakening, the characters are all quantity and no quality. How is it that the children, all barring Lucina are entirely optional, have more interesting backstories than almost everyone else? How is it that characters like Virion are the oddballs to actually have any depth to them? How much better could the game be if we had someone like Brady in the main cast, to actually have reasonable assessments for a given situation?

Compare it to Path of Radiance. Ike, Soren, and Titania can all have such drastically different reactions to something, but they all have different ideas of how to respond. Mix in someone like Mist or Shinon, and things get even more dirty. Yet, we all know about Shinons, Sorens, Titanias, Mists, Greils in our life. That didn't stop them from making the characters interesting.

I rather have had them cut the Awakening character list by 10 and focus on making the existing pool of characters better. As far as gameplay is concerned, if you don't make second seals so ridiculous inaccessible for the first 16 chapters of the game and penalize people for class changing, at least people would still be able to have the team composition their want. ALL characters need at minimum a segment before and after the chapter they appear in for proper development. After that, don't pull off a Kellam and have him reinforce his stupid trope every time he talks. That character was at his best when he is talking to someone like Donnel or Nowi and we get to actually know more about him.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly, the story of Awakening didn't bother me. I've seen worse. My only gripe with it was time travel.

And like with any other FE game, Awakening has it's memorable characters and not memorable characters. Some character have more development then others. Either way I love Olivia <3.

My biggest gripe with Awakening are the maps. They are soooooooooooo big and bland and all have the objectives of route the enemy or kill the boss. There is barely any variety and they just don't feel like they require any kind of strategy due to the vastness of them. Even Shadow Dragon, despite having the same objective for every map, had good variety between the maps.

The Pair Up mechanic was more of a disappointment then what I expected. It wasn't balanced properly.

Not to mention Lunatic+ is totally arbitrary. I would have preferred Reverse Lunatic instead.

It's a good game, but for FE vets it was a bit of a disappointment. But it still saved Fire Emblem on the whole, so it's hard to be too mad at it lol.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh, awakening definitely has its flaws. I don't disagree with that, I just disagree that the characters are vanilla because for the most part they're actually interesting to follow, even if most of that is a matter of their personality being elaborated more by supports than by actual story. And really, the supports are the most enjoyable part of that game.
The actual story is really just Chrom, Robin and Lucina. And the bit with the children and the future is one I personally wasn't a fan of and wouldn't have cared about it if I hadn't made my character be Lucina's mother, which improved the implications of the story ten fold. In fact, that's why I like Robin so much: if it wasn't for her representing me in the game, I don't think I could have given any care to the story. The personal investment in the relationships was necessary to make the story enjoyable.

Regarding Path of Radiance, the story is definitely much more excellent, so much that Radiant Dawn was needed as a proper expansion to the mythos of that world (and which promptly ramped up the intensity to 11.) But I personally don't find anything about most of its characters remarkable or memorable. In terms of Fire Emblem I could name a solid amount of the characters in that game, but I almost immediately forgot about half of them. And the ones I like most I do because of personality and use more than their importance in the story; biggest example being Nephenee being the most simplistic character ever designed and having nothing to do with the story, and yet somehow becoming my favorite. Also, there's no doubt the Greil Mercenaries were developed fantastically, but thematically I find them to be just a slightly better version of the Shepherds of Ylisse, better mainly in that I like Titania more than Fredrick, Soren is a BAMF and has one of the most interesting plot-twist support in the series, and Ike gets more personality due to having to deal with spoilerific stuff regarding Greil.

Now, when I compare both of these games to Rekka no Ken, which is still the standard by which I compare Fire Emblem games, they both to me fall short in every single way. While it had boring characters like every FE game (Renault anyone?) we were still getting great characters up until the near-end of the game (with Nino and Jaffar's storyline being complemented by how awesome units they were.) Add to that the tragedy of the Black Fang, and characters getting side stories that were related to the events in the game, like Matthew losing his love and Nino and Jaffar defecting.
And yea, difficulty. I personally dislike that Fire Emblem is going the route of Sacred Stones in that the goal of the game now is sheer grindfest to get supports and everyone to master every class and every stat. There's no realism in that mechanic and it definitely takes away. I very much prefer the other games being completely unforgiving and having you realize late in the game you didn't let a unit fight enough to achieve maximum experience, or that you should have used the arena more or went shopping for weapons before completing a specific chapter, etc. It makes me sad that people introduced to the series treat it like grinding is the most awesome thing ever when really it just detracts from the experience, imo.

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, I'm just going on and on about Fire Emblem. Man, it'd be awesome to get Rekka no Ken again ... if another Fire Emblem game would merit a remake it'd be that one. We'd get Lyn voice acting, Mark the tactician becomes an actual character, cgi videos ... that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
My biggest gripe with Awakening are the maps. They are soooooooooooo big and bland and all have the objectives of route the enemy or kill the boss. There is barely any variety and they just don't feel like they require any kind of strategy due to the vastness of them. Even Shadow Dragon, despite having the same objective for every map, had good variety between the maps.
No kidding.

Especially on Lunatic, where they drop so many enemies before you can reach a strategic position, that by the time you reach the strategic position, it has lost its value because many of the threats have been neutralized. Chapter 2 is an early example. I mean yeah, I would have liked to have used that bridge or those fortresses before the bridge as a strategic point of contention, TYVM.

You can't have Fire Emblem without lots of indoor maps with chokepoints. That kind of play, where you have sturdy character positioned in front of your weaker characters, is at the very core of the Fire Emblem experience. There is so much depth to how it plays out, and you only really see it in a few maps on Awakening.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Path of Radiance's Maniac difficulty, which was sadly removed from the international version of the game, is how Lunatic should have been done. Enemies are just a bit stronger, but not only are in greater numbers, but give less XP.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Oh, awakening definitely has its flaws. I don't disagree with that, I just disagree that the characters are vanilla because for the most part they're actually interesting to follow, even if most of that is a matter of their personality being elaborated more by supports than by actual story. And really, the supports are the most enjoyable part of that game.
The actual story is really just Chrom, Robin and Lucina. And the bit with the children and the future is one I personally wasn't a fan of and wouldn't have cared about it if I hadn't made my character be Lucina's mother, which improved the implications of the story ten fold. In fact, that's why I like Robin so much: if it wasn't for her representing me in the game, I don't think I could have given any care to the story. The personal investment in the relationships was necessary to make the story enjoyable.

Regarding Path of Radiance, the story is definitely much more excellent, so much that Radiant Dawn was needed as a proper expansion to the mythos of that world (and which promptly ramped up the intensity to 11.) But I personally don't find anything about most of its characters remarkable or memorable. In terms of Fire Emblem I could name a solid amount of the characters in that game, but I almost immediately forgot about half of them. And the ones I like most I do because of personality and use more than their importance in the story; biggest example being Nephenee being the most simplistic character ever designed and having nothing to do with the story, and yet somehow becoming my favorite. Also, there's no doubt the Greil Mercenaries were developed fantastically, but thematically I find them to be just a slightly better version of the Shepherds of Ylisse, better mainly in that I like Titania more than Fredrick, Soren is a BAMF and has one of the most interesting plot-twist support in the series, and Ike gets more personality due to having to deal with spoilerific stuff regarding Greil.

Now, when I compare both of these games to Rekka no Ken, which is still the standard by which I compare Fire Emblem games, they both to me fall short in every single way. While it had boring characters like every FE game (Renault anyone?) we were still getting great characters up until the near-end of the game (with Nino and Jaffar's storyline being complemented by how awesome units they were.) Add to that the tragedy of the Black Fang, and characters getting side stories that were related to the events in the game, like Matthew losing his love and Nino and Jaffar defecting.
And yea, difficulty. I personally dislike that Fire Emblem is going the route of Sacred Stones in that the goal of the game now is sheer grindfest to get supports and everyone to master every class and every stat. There's no realism in that mechanic and it definitely takes away. I very much prefer the other games being completely unforgiving and having you realize late in the game you didn't let a unit fight enough to achieve maximum experience, or that you should have used the arena more or went shopping for weapons before completing a specific chapter, etc. It makes me sad that people introduced to the series treat it like grinding is the most awesome thing ever when really it just detracts from the experience, imo.

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, I'm just going on and on about Fire Emblem. Man, it'd be awesome to get Rekka no Ken again ... if another Fire Emblem game would merit a remake it'd be that one. We'd get Lyn voice acting, Mark the tactician becomes an actual character, cgi videos ... that'd be awesome.
Just as a preface, I never played a Fire Emblem game before and that Awakening is my favorite game ever that I put more than 80 hours into. I beat the game 2.5 times. My first playthough I was very noobish and I didn't follow much when it came to what I should do tactically. Like I made Frederick eat all of the experience, which is not a good thing. On my second playthough I played again and I had a blast trying t rectify my mistakes and I beat the game in nearly half the time. On my now third attempt I'm making a girl character and put her up with Chrom just because of story reasons.

I personally enjoyed both the Story and the Characters. There were some twists that I would have never expected, and I actually liked the Time Travel + Kids thing a lot. It gave a sense of unity between the characters and that they were a part of one big family that will always be together.

On my first playthough I married Sully, on my second playthough I married Tharja. I made Chrom marry Sumia on my first playthough, and then Sully on my second. I don't know why, but I find Sully to be the best match for Chrom and I hate Sumia so much. She is the cookie cutter girl that WOULD get with Chrom, but I think Sully would be the best one to actually suit him.

I really liked the brotherly bond the Male Robin and Chrom had. Robin fights with his motivations and reasons all the time, while Chrom is there to cheer him up and reaffirm that Robin is a good person. Robin does the same with Chrom when he is in times of doubt that he is a good leader, and they help each other again and again.

If there was one problem, it would be that I hate the feeling where you are forced to leave someone behind. You kinda feel like poop, especially with the characters who are really interesting.

That's my experience with the game, it was my first truly 10/10 game in my eyes.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I understand your feelings, but to me it's like someone playing sticker star and saying it's a great game ... and it is, when you don't have a previous game in the series to compare it to

All things considered, there really is no bad Fire Emblem game. They're all fantastic experiences, it's just some are much much better than others.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I understand your feelings, but to me it's like someone playing sticker star and saying it's a great game ... and it is, when you don't have a previous game in the series to compare it to

All things considered, there really is no bad Fire Emblem game. They're all fantastic experiences, it's just some are much much better than others.
Oh man do I hate Sticker Star. It is the worst Paper Mario by far. Super Paper Mario is a very good game and the really only problem was preference that it wasn't an RPG, it's story was better I believe. Thousand Year Door is just the best Paper Mario all around, and is one of the best games ever made.

Hong

The Strongest
I actually like Awakening story in summary. I'm sure it looked great on a storyboard. A lot of great games have had similar themes; Akira Toriyama, for example, did great things with time travel in both the Dragon Ball series as well as the popular SNES RPG, Chrono Trigger.

The stuff that happens before the beginning, the beginning itself, the general ideas along the way, and the end, are all great in concept. It just suffered in execution. The level of plot activity is so... inconsistent. If a lot of stuff happens at once, it should be a very deliberate effort of the writer to surprise the viewer. Instead, the activity levels are just as a result of poor pacing.

A lot of it comes back to Awakening having so much... stuff. I wish it could have been given more love. For all the things I think it did wrong, it did so many things right. A lot of what it brought to the table should be standard. Improved battle flow, excellent presentation, character voices in both dialogue and in battle, more visible elements of support, are things that best be here to stay.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ok, so, not to overhype anyone, but ...

We got Ike randomly two weeks ago.
We got a new Fire Emblem stage today. Preceded by a picture of Marth and Ike and ... the new stage.

It may be Sakurai's way of making sure all parts of the trailer in a Fire Emblem characters reveal are taken care of, much in the same way every Mario character was confirmed and featured in Rosalina's trailer.
It seems as though you misspelled "Robin;" I suppose it is slightly confusing. She is called Avatar, Tactician, MU... so calling her "character" is not a stretch. :troll:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Just dropping in to say after the recent FE character and stage reveal, (I'm likely repeating what some of you have said already) a newcomer from the franchise is inevitable. Robin is a much better pick than Chrom! Hoping for the best that will tip the scales in our favor.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I actually like Awakening story in summary. I'm sure it looked great on a storyboard. A lot of great games have had similar themes; Akira Toriyama, for example, did great things with time travel in both the Dragon Ball series as well as the popular SNES RPG, Chrono Trigger.

The stuff that happens before the beginning, the beginning itself, the general ideas along the way, and the end, are all great in concept. It just suffered in execution. The level of plot activity is so... inconsistent. If a lot of stuff happens at once, it should be a very deliberate effort of the writer to surprise the viewer. Instead, the activity levels are just as a result of poor pacing.

A lot of it comes back to Awakening having so much... stuff. I wish it could have been given more love. For all the things I think it did wrong, it did so many things right. A lot of what it brought to the table should be standard. Improved battle flow, excellent presentation, character voices in both dialogue and in battle, more visible elements of support, are things that best be here to stay.
Well they were expecting awakening to sell like ****, id cram an entire trilogy into one game too f i thought it was the last thing id ever make.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just dropping in to say after the recent FE character and stage reveal, (I'm likely repeating what some of you have said already) a newcomer from the franchise is inevitable. Robin is a much better pick than Chrom! Hoping for the best that will tip the scales in our favor.
Robin is known for tipping scales. I do; however, agree. I was unfortunately ill and I missed the update. Once I saw it in the morning, I was beyond ecstatic. I changed (added) my Nintendo Network ID to reflect that.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Robin is known for tipping scales. I do; however, agree. I was unfortunately ill and I missed the update. Once I saw it in the morning, I was beyond ecstatic. I changed (added) my Nintendo Network ID to reflect that.
Oh, really? That's pretty cool, actually. I didn't know you supported Robin that much.

Though, going off what you said about the stage making you enthusiastic about Robin, do you think this stage has an impact on Robin's chances?

Hong

The Strongest
Well they were expecting awakening to sell like ****, id cram an entire trilogy into one game too f i thought it was the last thing id ever make.
Ha ha, I suppose that's true. Radiant Dawn was rushed, too. Look at how much content that game had. As far as main story goes, the largest epic Fire Emblem had ever seen.

Sadly, Radiant Dawn might be the last of its kind for a long time, even more than the six years that have passed. They said they would need to sell at least 700k copies to justify a Wii U Fire Emblem. In that sense, we are not even sure if Smash Bros, which will without a doubt sell hundreds of thousands of Wii Us, will be enough incentive for them to want to develop a rather expensive HD entry, when they could develop for the more financially-promising 3DS for a fraction of the cost.
Though, going off what you said about the stage making you enthusiastic about Robin, do you think this stage has an impact on Robin's chances?
Given that it is a nonspecific stage, and we all knew there would be a Fire Emblem stage on the Wii U, I would say nothing has changed.

Top Bottom