• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, to be fair to the idea of Chrom being an alternate costume for Ike, Ike does already have that "shoulder armor on one arm and nothing on the other" thing Chrom had.

I'm not saying that making separate characters alternate costumes is justified, but I think it's workable from a technical standpoint.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What about "Marth" for a Marth alt? It's technically still Marth so the announcer would still say the same thing.
Yes that would work, i'm mainly refering to things like "make chrom an alt. for marth" where people literally want a complete different character as an alt. costume.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You know, to be fair to the idea of Chrom being an alternate costume for Ike, Ike does already have that "shoulder armor on one arm and nothing on the other" thing Chrom had.

I'm not saying that making separate characters alternate costumes is justified, but I think it's workable from a technical standpoint.
As long as they are just outfits yes, that's why i wouldn't mind things like dark pit recolor or marth with a mask/Lucina's outfit.

IronFish

Smash Ace
As long as they are just outfits yes, that's why i wouldn't mind things like dark pit recolor or marth with a mask/Lucina's outfit.
All it would take really would be to change the voices around so they make different grunts or something, and that's basically confirmed with the WFT.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
All it would take really would be to change the voices around so they make different grunts or something, and that's basically confirmed with the WFT.
Is it though? The only noises I hear from WFT is that whistle noise. The only time I heard her talk was in her own trailer.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Is it though? The only noises I hear from WFT is that whistle noise. The only time I heard her talk was in her own trailer.
Female WFT has the same VA from the Japanese version of Wii Fit: Plus. None of those sounds I hear in her demonstration can be heard on the original product.

Source: I own the ****ing game.

Don't know about the Japanese version of Wii Fit U, though.

Edit - Here.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Not quite, their hair style is different and so are their body builds.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Female WFT has the same VA from the Japanese version of Wii Fit: Plus. None of those sounds I hear in her demonstration can be heard on the original product.

Source: I own the ****ing game.

Don't know about the Japanese version of Wii Fit U, though.

Edit - Here.
Oh, I hear the grunts. I was just wondering if that her talking was just a trailer exclusive thing, like how Doc Louis talking was only a thing in Little Mac's trailer.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Oh, I hear the grunts. I was just wondering if that her talking was just a trailer exclusive thing, like how Doc Louis talking was only a thing in Little Mac's trailer.
Doubtful, as Wii Fit Trainer will definitely at least say some lines for taunts. I don't believe any character have even used voices for trailers and gameplay footage shown so far anyway. I don't remember hearing Mario's voice while attacking from what I've seen, including grunts and such.

Edit: Oh never mind missed that link a couple posts before me.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
And the Robin thread just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

Since we're talking about grunts and whatnot, who do you think Robin's voice actors might be? The default male and female ones?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Since we're talking about grunts and whatnot, who do you think Robin's voice actors might be? The default male and female ones?
That would be ideal, I think. Those voices seem to suit Robin best.

Hong

The Strongest

Likely. More so since one of the VAs for Robin covered two of the female voices. Granted, the one that only covered the second voice, Wendee Lee, is veeeeeery popular, so no one would mind if they brought her in.

Bringing in David Vincent makes sense for Robin♂ if they wanted to be as vanilla as possible. He didn't do a bad job or anything. None of the male VAs for the character have particularly outstanding portfolios so it doesn't matter too much.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You are all wrong. Robin x Tharja and Chrom x Sully. All Day Er' Day.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am trying to make ChromxOlivia happen for my first time. Wish me luck!

I've never had my Robin marry one of the SpotPass characters, so I'm looking at one of those. All of them are very amusing prospects.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I am trying to make ChromxOlivia happen for my first time. Wish me luck!

I've never had my Robin marry one of the SpotPass characters, so I'm looking at one of those. All of them are very amusing prospects.
Just a warning before you attempt that; make sure you don't let Chrom get supports with any of the other possible wives, and keep Olivia tied to Chrom during the fight with Gangrel. Also, Olivia's confession scene doesn't happen until after the time skip, so don't be shocked when it looks like Chrom married nobody.

Hong

The Strongest
Just a warning before you attempt that; make sure you don't let Chrom get supports with any of the other possible wives, and keep Olivia tied to Chrom during the fight with Gangrel. Also, Olivia's confession scene doesn't happen until after the time skip, so don't be shocked when it looks like Chrom married nobody.
Yeah. None of the wrrminz have a C with Chrom. I've even made a backup file and saved some seeds to make sure it works out well.
I like Lucina, but for some reason it creeps me out that she is an option for Robin. It's like marrying your best friends future-newborn baby. All I could see is Chrom saying:
Yeah... Some may find it sweet, but it's kind of creepy.

She came from the future to save the world, man. What are you doing?

And it gets weirder...

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Yeah. None of the wrrminz have a C with Chrom. I've even made a backup file and saved some seeds to make sure it works out well.

And it gets weirder...

I can only think of one way Morgan could've came to be. It involves Grima!Robin and Lucina. You guys fill in the blank.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

And it gets weirder...

Yeah, it also doesn't help that Morgan is the future child of a future child, which means...

Ok, I was going to write up an explanation for why that whole situation is so bizarre, but I'm at a loss for words.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, it also doesn't help that Morgan is the future child of a future child, which means...

Ok, I was going to write up an explanation for why that whole situation is so bizarre, but I'm at a loss for words.
The only way this could get more fun is if Morgan had all the same support liberties as Robin.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I should confess now. I like to marry Chrom with Olivia, myself with Lucina, and Inigo with Morgan.
INCEST FOR THE WINCEST!!!

I knew that they localized it with Chrom Owain and Lucina so that it says something else rather than Married. Like best friend or something, but you buddy sure worked around that one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom