• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I expect one Awakening character, no more, no less. I highly doubt we'll get both Robin and Chrom. At this point I expect Chrom, but Robin is right behind him, and I think its incredibly likely Robin might get in over Chrom, however I still believe at this point Chrom is more likely (I just don't want him and don't feel that Ike, Marth, and Chrom together represent the entirety of Fire Emblem very well).
No hate, but I don't even think IS would recommend Chrom to Sakurai nor would Sakurai pick Chrom out of every other diverse significant figure in Awakening. If Chrom does make it, I'm just going to assume Fire Emblem will always be represented by the main blue haired swordsman, while the diverse characters get the Assist Trophy treatment.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
On another note, I don't think I can sleep with less than eight hours to go. And I need that sleep!
I'll be up another 2 1/2 hours at least. My sleep schedule's a few hours behind, and I can hardly do anything about it...and you'd never believe the story...

Gematsu diehards...that's a nice term. I think I'm going to use it.
I've been calling them "Gematsu zealots", myself.

Do you guys expect Robin to be in instead of Chrom or Robin and Chrom to be in or Robin to be DLC?
At this point, the odds favor Chrom getting in. However, there's still a decent chance of Robin having replaced him after when the source heard about Chrom, and as long as Robin isn't an AT or anything else, s/he would be the go-to Fire Emblem character to bring in as DLC.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No hate, but I don't even think IS would recommend Chrom to Sakurai nor would Sakurai pick Chrom out of every other diverse significant figure in Awakening. If Chrom does make it, I'm just going to assume Fire Emblem will always be represented by the main blue haired swordsman, while the diverse characters get the Assist Trophy treatment.
I wish I could agree with you on this, but I'm hopeful. There's potentially several things going against Chrom right now.

I'll be up another 2 1/2 hours at least. My sleep schedule's a few hours behind, and I can hardly do anything about it...and you'd never believe the story...
Right now I'm up all night and asleep half the day. I'm slowly trying to work myself back to an afternoon - early morning sleep schedule. (At least I do freelance work... :p)

I've been calling them "Gematsu zealots", myself.
I like that. :D

At this point, the odds favor Chrom getting in. However, there's still a decent chance of Robin having replaced him since the source heard about Chrom, and as long as Robin isn't an AT or anything else, s/he would be the go-to Fire Emblem character to bring in as DLC.
I agree on everything except Robin being the go-to FE character for DLC. I really don't think Awakening will get two playable reps. If anything, I think Roy would be the go-to DLC because there are a lot of people who've never played Fire Emblem, only played Melee and liked Roy's "cool fire effects" and want Roy back, even if he was just an inferior Ike. Roy sucked in his original game but people still flock to Roy because he was "cool." Ike gets a lot of hate because he "replaced" Roy.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I wish I could agree with you on this, but I'm hopeful. There's potentially several things going against Chrom right now.
I mean, they haven't even announced veterans Falco and Wolf. I can totally see Marth x Ike x Chrom be the new Fox x Falco x Wolf, even if Ike has a bulkier, fire-oriented playstyle. And then situation between Ness and Lucas and which one is getting cut. I think Sakurai has had enough of even semi clones. If this was Brawl, I can see Chrom's chances go up. But considering how diversity is such a key aspect to the SSB4 roster so far, it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think Sakurai or IS would sacrifice diversity and representation just to accommodate Chrom for whatever reason (the most popular one being that Chrom is the main lord of Awakening, despite not having the most important role or acclaim).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I mean, they haven't even announced veterans Falco and Wolf. I can totally see Marth x Ike x Chrom be the new Fox x Falco x Wolf, even if Ike has a bulkier, fire-oriented playstyle. And then situation between Ness and Lucas and which one is getting cut. I think Sakurai has had enough of even semi clones. If this was Brawl, I can see Chrom's chances go up. But considering how diversity is such a key aspect to the SSB4 roster so far, it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think Sakurai or IS would sacrifice diversity and representation just to accommodate Chrom for whatever reason (the most popular one being that Chrom is the main lord of Awakening, despite not having the most important role or acclaim).
This is the thing I see AGAINST Chrom. I really do think Falco and Ness or Lucas are both getting cut, personally, and Ganondorf will get a new moveset. That's what I'm seeing right now, but... I don't want to get my hopes up right now...

Reginleif

Smash Ace
This is the thing I see AGAINST Chrom. I really do think Falco and Ness or Lucas are both getting cut, personally, and Ganondorf will get a new moveset. That's what I'm seeing right now, but... I don't want to get my hopes up right now...
"The prevailing theories are that the leaker had legitimate information for the first leak, but made up predictions for the subsequent leaks, or the leaker had significantly outdated information."

I don't doubt the legitimacy of the first leak, obviously. But the second round of leaks has proven itself to be derived before the roster was finalized (e.g. not knowing the specific Pokemon from X/Y and whether or not Ness or Lucas will be cut). I mean, why weren't they included in the first leak? And where is Rosalina on that leak? Not all newcomers are in the leak, and not all characters in the second leak are final for the sole fact that the information predates the roster finalization.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"The prevailing theories are that the leaker had legitimate information for the first leak, but made up predictions for the subsequent leaks, or the leaker had significantly outdated information."

I don't doubt the legitimacy of the first leak, obviously. But the second round of leaks has proven itself to be derived before the roster was finalized (e.g. not knowing the specific Pokemon from X/Y and whether or not Ness or Lucas will be cut). I mean, why weren't they included in the first leak? And where is Rosalina on that leak? Not all newcomers are in the leak, and not all characters in the second leak are final for the sole fact that the information predates the roster finalization.
I think Sneaky Spirits confirms that his leaks were just heavily outdated information. Its possible some of his info was outright wrong as well, or simply changed in development. Yes, I do buy that. I just don't want to get my hopes up for someone other than Chrom and have them be crushed later.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I think Sneaky Spirits confirms that his leaks were just heavily outdated information. Its possible some of his info was outright wrong as well, or simply changed in development. Yes, I do buy that. I just don't want to get my hopes up for someone other than Chrom and have them be crushed later.
The only thing that's going to be crushed is my faith in Sakurai and IS. They already nerfed Marth, and who knows how Ike will play out. It will pain me to see the actual diverse and significant representation of Fire Emblem to be given the Assist Trophy treatment as best. But I guess Smash Bros. isn't all about Fire Emblem or one character in the end. But each character announced so far has been very significant.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I just don't want to get my hopes up for someone other than Chrom and have them be crushed later.
I know a feeling or two about crushed hopes. If I could just land a freaking job...

The only thing that's going to be crushed is my faith in Sakurai and IS. They already nerfed Marth, and who knows how Ike will play out. It will pain me to see the actual diverse and significant representation of Fire Emblem to be given the Assist Trophy treatment as best.
I wouldn't say my faith in them was crushed, especially if they were stuck with Chrom because of organizational red tape despite wanting someone else once Awakening took off. I'd be more disappointed and frustrated...and a little confused, if Chrom was the only new character resembling a moveset clone.

I just thought of something. If Shulk really is getting revealed in a few hours...what if the end of his trailer shows him having a bunch of quick visions like what happens a few times in XC? Could they use it to tease other characters? What if we get a glimpse of Robin?

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I know a feeling or two about crushed hopes. If I could just land a freaking job...

I wouldn't say my faith in them was crushed, especially if they were stuck with Chrom because of organizational red tape despite wanting someone else once Awakening took off. I'd be more disappointed and frustrated...and a little confused, if Chrom was the only new character resembling a moveset clone.

I just thought of something. If Shulk really is getting revealed in a few hours...what if the end of his trailer shows him having a bunch of quick visions like what happens a few times in XC? Could they use it to tease other characters? What if we get a glimpse of Robin?
Hmm when do you think the roster was finalized? Since Awakening was released in Japan back in 2012 and quickly took off.

Does every trailer hint at another character being shown? That would be cool.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Hmm when do you think the roster was finalized? Since Awakening was released in Japan back in 2012 and quickly took off.
Awakening came out in Japan on April 19th, 2012. According to Sakurai, the first version of the roster would've been set up...probably late that summer. They might've decided that for all they knew, Awakening's sales could burn out quickly or that it wouldn't do as well overseas, and put Chrom in temporarily but put off actually doing his model and animations in case Awakening did do well worldwide and they could viably swap him out for a different major character who'd bring more variety to the roster.

Does every trailer hint at another character being shown? That would be cool.
Well...they haven't, unless you count likely alternate costume Dark Pit. But none of the other newcomers have had the ability to see the future, have they?

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Awakening came out in Japan on April 19th, 2012. According to Sakurai, the first version of the roster would've been set up...probably late that summer. They might've decided that for all they knew, Awakening's sales could burn out quickly or that it wouldn't do as well overseas, and put Chrom in temporarily but put off actually doing his model and animations in case Awakening did do well worldwide and they could viably swap him out for a different major character who'd bring more variety to the roster.

Well...they haven't, unless you count likely alternate costume Dark Pit. But none of the other newcomers have had the ability to see the future, have they?
Don't forget about Game and Watch, who was also teased in Pacman's trailer.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Is it just me, or is showing Rayman as a trophy on a day of a character announcement a bit odd?
I mean, it's third party and it was just shown like that? Then again, if Rayman is nothing more than a trophy, I guess the best thing to do was to show it in a PotD. The timing would still be weird though...

But if it is a hint, and a Ubisoft character would be announced today, and it's not Rayman...
The only character that would immediately strike me as Smash material other than him is Jade from Beyond Good & Evil.

I highly doubt we'd see an Assassin or Sam Fisher in Smash :D

Don't get me wrong, I still think Shulk is the character that's gonna be revealed today. Just found it curious.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
IT HAPPENED!!!!!!! WOOOOAHHHH!!!!!!!!! NKAFEWNGWEGN

EDIT: We got Robin for 'unique' and Lucina for 'Female' for Sakurai's criteria book. Hot damn.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
GUYS! GUYS!

3 ****ING FIRE EMBLEM REPS!!!

CHROM, LUCINA AND ROBIN!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
And to think everyone thought we were crazy for still believing. Words cannot describe how happy I am right now.

TAKE THAT LEAK OF PROPHECY!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please tell me someone is still alive after the trailer

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Robin Confirmed!
Congrats, guys!
(Gematsu is Debunked, YESH.)

Wow, I truly eat my ****ing words, I'm sorry I doubt ed you all. 5 characters for FE is wow! O.o
*4, Chrom got the SSBB Palutena Treatment.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Congrats guys! Im really happy for you all too, especially since that leak is disproven, and robin looks like a blast to play

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And so on this day everyones favorite leak was deconfirmed and the impossible became possible.
And the Smashboards exploded.
Congrats supporters you guys earned it.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
What a great reveal. I'm still flabbergasted by the sudden turn of events. Good to know the roster's fate has not yet been sealed.

How proper it was that these characters were used to show that.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Robin was my boy right next to Bandana Dee.

1. Chrom is deconfirmed, and is in Robin's final smash. Which means Gematsu deconfirmed.

2. The Falcon.

3. Lucina Alt.

4. My Boy.

Today was a good day.

Top Bottom