• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LMAO no but Vector is pretty cool not gonna lie. Vector wishes he was cool as Wheel Gator from MMX2.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
View attachment 57583
Ummm....

We Tharja now?
Yes, it looks like they've taken 3 of the 4 most popular child characters from Awakening and made them adults on the Nohr side, then taken 3 of the 4 (or at least I'm guessing) most popular adult characters from Awakening and making them children on the Hoshido. Its so stupid its 100% perfect.

The excluded popular child unit would be Lucina, on the grounds that she is already in the game as an Amiibo, and thus a clone would be redundent. My guess is that we're going to see clones of Cordelia and Gaius, with Chrom being excluded because, hey lets exclude him from another game. *laughs as Chrom cries in a corner*

inb4 descendant like not-Severa.
Completely separate universe to Awakening. So more like parallel duplicates. Also, its not just not-Severa. We also have not-Inigo and not-Owain now too. Not-Owain's unique skill is +10 crit when using a forged weapon that has a really long custom name.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
She doesn't look that much like...
Wait..no...she totally looks exactly her.
WTF?
This is a trend actually.

Meet Luna, a Mercenary who is super competative and hates losing. Has the same voice acter as Severa too

Meet Lazward, a mercenary who spends all his free time hitting on women and is a good dancer. As the ability to dance as a unique skill.

Finally, meet Odin. A sorcerer who spends all his time researching "amazing special moves". Is easily fired up and constantly rants about not being able to "control his awesome power". Unique skill to get +10 crit when using a forged weapon with a really long custom name.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is a trend actually.

Meet Luna, a Mercenary who is super competative and hates losing. Has the same voice acter as Severa too

Meet Lazward, a mercenary who spends all his free time hitting on women and is a good dancer. As the ability to dance as a unique skill.

Finally, meet Odin. A sorcerer who spends all his time researching "special moves". Is easily fired up and constantly rants about not being able to "control his awesome power". Unique skill to get +10 crit when using a forged weapon with a really long custom name.
No, I know about all of those. I've known since they were first shown.
My reaction is still "WTF".

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I wonder how much more time it'll be until more mods frequent this thread than normal users. :4dk:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Finally, meet Odin. A sorcerer who spends all his time researching "amazing special moves". Is easily fired up and constantly rants about not being able to "control his awesome power". Unique skill to get +10 crit when using a forged weapon with a really long custom name.
But does he sell amazing beer?

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Man, this is crazy. How many Awakening characters are going to be cut and pasted into Fates? Assuming roughly fifty characters, we have 3 children, 4 adults. Seven out of fifty literal clones. And those are just the ones we know about.

I'll personally be ignoring these characters for at least my first playthrough, but I will not forget that they forewent making new characters for the sake of pleasing the Awakening fanbase.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I wonder how much more time it'll be until more mods frequent this thread than normal users. :4dk:
Dunno, but I think I know who the last normal users will be.

.png

You know this was only made back in April?

Time flies, man.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 57583
Ummm....

We Tharja now?
Is she a child or a separate character?
...I also have a feeling that if she isn't a child character, we'll see her stalk the player.
I wonder how the Cordelia and Gaius lookalikes will be portrayed as...
Chrom is dead.

At some point, every user in here will be a mod. :p

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Man, this is crazy. How many Awakening characters are going to be cut and pasted into Fates? Assuming roughly fifty characters, we have 3 children, 4 adults. Seven out of fifty literal clones. And those are just the ones we know about.

I'll personally be ignoring these characters for at least my first playthrough, but I will not forget that they forewent making new characters for the sake of pleasing the Awakening fanbase.
I think the biggest problem about that is that they said this was an entirely different setting from Awakening, right? Making this clone characters feels entirely lazy and unnecessary. Dunno what I'll do with Owain and Inigo as I'm kind of a klepto with recruiting units the first time around, but I'll let the Severa lookalike die because she's awful
Have you played Renka no Ken? the plot is actually pretty great, Awakening's plot is simple on purpose a really confusing or complex plot would scary somepeople away.
I have played Rekka no ken, the story is simple but enjoyable enough. I don't think there's much else to discuss about Awakenings storytelling as it's all subjective in the end, I personally thought it wasn't good. I suppose at least I can ignore children characters this time around, as I know I personally didn't enjoy them in Awakening or really used them (Nah and Morgan being the exceptions), and I doubt that will change in this game.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
The way this world in If works is madness. Still if there's interesting development that fleshes out the characters, I'm ok with this, also IS please establish context. Also amusingly, beyond the confession screenshot, there's another one for marriage (actually looks kinda nice too), but it seems to be for when the game describes the mechanic rather than for every S-rank. Still I like all those "returnees", and I'm curious to see how their personalities have been rewritten with the new writer as well as their status as subordinates. Also hype for Lazward actually having a dance command. That was a huge disappointment from Inigo imo.

Bit late on this but.. SMT X FE impressions!

The game is literally in your face, the whole time with the theme of entertainment. Its not just idol worship, but super sentai, and even vocaloids appear (Tiki actually takes this role as a "Songaloid" to avoid copyright claims probably). Television, theater, its all here. Also, Fault Entertainment -> FE, funny Atlus. The aesthetic is fine in my opinion because the game runs with the theme and clearly doesn't do it halfway, its almost borderline parody with all the effects really. The mix of CGI and regular animation in various scenes is an odd choice, as excellent as the CGI is though (Is Madhouse here too?). The character design somewhat reminds me of the Devil Survivor games. Music is actually pretty nice, its not really persona tier or Xenoblade Tier but its solid stuff.

On Gameplay, I'm immediately reminded of SMT above FE despite elements of FE appearing in the combat. (Weapon's triangle, Dual attacks etc.) The combat animations are astoundingly good, its ridiculous. The animations are snappy for the most part and there's quite a number of options. The UI is super well done as well. The detail in the arena is amazing as well. Its all one gigantic show piece to fit the theme. The dungeon design also looks solid, much better than probably any dungeon from P4 because doesn't look randomized and has puzzle elements and generally good variety, and its just an early game dungeon too. We'll see how this "Social link" stuff pans out though and how the story describes the impact of the entertainment industry. But right now, I'm actually impressed with the game as ridiculous and over the top as it is.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Dunno, but I think I know who the last normal users will be.

View attachment 57598

You know this was only made back in April?

Time flies, man.
I recently learned you don't get paid for having the red banner.

I'll join you in the snow if there is room.

Also my face is hurting from that picture from too much :grin:ing. Worth it though.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Probably only 6, I don't think we're going to see a clone of Chrom. Also, 3 seem to be nohr only while 1 (and presumably Cordelia and Gaius' clones) will be Hoshido

Is she a child or a separate character?
...I also have a feeling that if she isn't a child character, we'll see her stalk the player.
I wonder how the Cordelia and Gaius lookalikes will be portrayed as...
Chrom is dead.
Child. It looks like they reversed the two camps of most popular awakening chars. The 3 who were kids are now first gens. Then is the Tharja trend continues, the 3 adults are now second gens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom