• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Game: Think of a way Robin can be a stage hazard that doesn't involve Grima.

My idea:
Imagine a stage where the Plegian army is marching against Ylisse, and you fight on top of a float of the sorts that's part of their march. Robin would be commanding the Shepherds to attack on the Plegian army, so you'll end up in the shoes of the villains against the heroes, forced to face them!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
What if there was a hack in which the end of Awakening was replaced by the end of Captain America

I'd play it

(The waking up part)
Sounds like it could have led to SMTxFE, if they slept long enough.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Game: Think of a way Robin can be a stage hazard that doesn't involve Grima.
I don't know if I really want to... I mean, I want Robin playable.

But I suppose Robin could be a stage hazard by randomly walking up to players, proposing to them, and then whisking them away.

D

Deleted member

But I suppose Robin could be a stage hazard by randomly walking up to players, proposing to them, and then whisking them away.
Or better yet, when Robin appears, she prowls the stage and any player that ventures too close to her gets locked into a support conversation with her, and is "stunned" and can't move while the conversation is taking place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
No need to be so absolutist. You are only setting yourself up for despair.
Seriously though? I'd love if Hubba Tester was a stage, and Chrom, Robin and Virion were the hazards.

D

Deleted member

Seriously though? I'd love if Hubba Tester was a stage, and Chrom, Robin and Virion were the hazards.
Inigo*

Virion is the only girl-chaser worse than he is.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
On an interesting note, during my first play through I paired Olivia and Virion so Inigo's womanizing habits made a lot of sense. I wish this game was absurd enough to let something like a marriage hazard exist.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
On an interesting note, during my first play through I paired Olivia and Virion so Inigo's womanizing habits made a lot of sense. I wish this game was absurd enough to let something like a marriage hazard exist.
I went with Virion/Cherche and Lon'qu/Olivia in my first playthrough. The former was to put the two Valmese together, the latter because it put two of the shyest characters together. Neither of them were super incredible, but they were still pretty well done.

It still impresses me how almost all of the S supports end up making sense. Really makes you feel better about playing Cupid with everyone. >_>

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What if there was a hack in which the end of Awakening was replaced by the end of Captain America

I'd play it

(The waking up part)
Sounds interesting. Do you mean to say that Robin should wake up 70+ years into the future and help lead the next generation of soldiers to battle?

Because I would love that, so long as they didn't lose their memory.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That'd be...kind of cool, actually. But then how would Morgan exist? ._.

Son of a *****, the Shulk thread overtook us. They're moving faster than the freaking Ridley thread...

Hong

The Strongest

Son of a *****, the Shulk thread overtook us. They're moving faster than the freaking Ridley thread...
If that is a concern for you, you'll be pleased to know he will likely not be in the general character forum by the end of tomorrow.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
If that is a concern for you, you'll be pleased to know he will likely not be in the general character forum by the end of tomorrow.
Well yeah, it was just a little side observation in smaller font to show it wasn't the main focus of the post. :rolleyes:

But how would Morgan exist if Robin got Captain America'd? Especially if it was female Robin?

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I really wish this could be our situation as well.

I wouldn't mind this thread vanishing like that ;)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

The Shulk thread is going through a sort of spontaneous hyper hype phase at the moment, and a lot of the posts are just talking about how hyped up everyone is. But at the very least, as Hong said, they'll likely be out of the picture soon because Robin's going to stab Shulk in the back.

Hong

The Strongest
Well yeah, it was just a little side observation in smaller font to show it wasn't the main focus of the post. :rolleyes:

But how would Morgan exist if Robin got Captain America'd? Especially if it was female Robin?
Aw. Don't give me those rolling eyes. Post wasn't meant to be accusatory or anything. I just didn't really have anything to say on the Morgan thing, since I think Morgan can happen as long as Robin is alive. Just not as the same Morgan we know.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I really wish this could be our situation as well.

I wouldn't mind this thread vanishing like that ;)
I'd jump and cheer for either character. In Robin's case, it'd just be the biggest surprise and the boards would shutdown because Robin was not on the leak of prophecy.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Can Robin's trailer include the cast of SSB4 being overshadowed by Grima and then turning into Robin's human form through a dark cloud and then using Thoron to slay everyone ?

D

Deleted member

I know that it might be a bit irrelevant at this point because of a certain... something... but I like to say that I support Robin for Smash 4. I enjoyed Awakening a lot and I am a bit interested in what Robin could do in Smash.

I'm not big on FE characters, but I rather have him than Chrom.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
when is the last time smash bros had a character that could turn into the ultimate force of evil in the form of a ginormous dragon

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Flint could snap Grima like a twig.
Well of course he has defeated both God and Lucifer, what's a puny Dragon to him and his horde of Jack Frosts? :troll: (Or do you mean other Flint? :confused:)

EDIT: Oh you mean Mother 3 of course :facepalm:

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Of course I'm expecting to see Shulk or Chrom tomorrow.

If I could choose any newcomers though I'd definitely choose Robin or Paper Mario (With Ivysaur being confirmed on the side just for kicks)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Flint could snap Grima like a twig.
I choose to believe that the reason no one outside of Japan got MOTHER 3 is because the rest of the world can't handle Flint's badassery.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Do you guys know why the tactician's default name is Robin?

Does it reference the bird? Freedom from a dark fate?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

I think part of it is that it's a gender neutral name.

Maybe it's because Gerome is Batman. I'm not sure.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I think part of it is that it's a gender neutral name.

Maybe it's because Gerome is Batman. I'm not sure.
Not only is the robin a promise of new beginnings with the new cycle of spring in our midst, it carries symbolic meanings of cheer, joviality and light-heartedness. We can see this in the spring of the robin's step, and it reminds us of that wonderful song I quoted in the intro of this post. The song also hails the message: "Live, love, laugh and be happy" and that is precisely what the symbolic meaning of the red robin tells us too. http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-robin.html

The new beginnings thing makes sense.

Hong

The Strongest

Fire Emblem Wiki said:
The Avatar's default English name, Robin, can mean bright, famous, and smart. This may refer to his/her gift for strategy. It is an androgynous name, likely chosen because the player can choose to create a male or female Avatar.
Of course, her japanese name is Ruflet, romanized as Rufure. If I had to make a guess, maybe it's based on the ruff, another bird of intelligence.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Of course, her japanese name is Ruflet, romanized as Rufure. If I had to make a guess, maybe it's based on the ruff, another bird of intelligence.
I don't really know much about the meaning of names, but when I first saw that Robin's Japanese name was Ruflet, the first thing that came to mind was "reflect," like how Robin is supposed to be a reflection of the player (and does a pretty bad job of it).

D

Deleted member

I don't really know much about the meaning of names, but when I first saw that Robin's Japanese name was Ruflet, the first thing that came to mind was "reflect," like how Robin is supposed to be a reflection of the player (and does a pretty bad job of it).
I find it interesting that this didn't come to mind first:

Because you know, Rufflet ^

But I'm not your mind, this is what my mind would've done. ^

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I find it interesting that this didn't come to mind first:

Because you know, Rufflet ^

But I'm not your mind, this is what my mind would've done. ^
Well, while I am a big Pokemon fan, I can't say that Braviary's pre-evolution is something that's constantly on my mind.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So if Shulk does get revealed tomorrow, but there's a glimpse of a non-playable Chrom in the trailer...would everyone be saying Shulk "changed the future"? >_>

It'd certainly help our chances, at least...

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I went with Virion/Cherche and Lon'qu/Olivia in my first playthrough. The former was to put the two Valmese together, the latter because it two two of the shyest characters together. Neither of them were super incredible, but they were still pretty well done.

It still impresses me how almost all of the S supports end up making sense. Really makes you feel better about playing Cupid with everyone. >_>
Yeah, I was doing opposites. So, the shy girl and the womanizer.
Also, Maribelle and Vaike. The lady and the brute.
Miriel and Donnel. The brainiac and the farmer.
Lon'qu and Tharja. The gynophobe and the most frightening woman available.
There were more that I forget.

Top Bottom