• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throwing a turnip at a wall to increase grab range...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Does anyone ever do this? Whenever there is a wall or vertical surface nearby, I will throw a turnip at it a few times to increase how far I can grab the turnip from. In addition to walls, it works on objects like the the membrane on Brinstar, and the blocks on Green Greens.

To those who do it: does it prove to be useful? I've only recently started doing this, but it did help me get a double stitchface hit FTW. :)

It also creates mindgames on people who have no idea you're doing. :laugh:

For those who don't know, when you throw a turnip at a person or wall multiple times, the distance from which you can grab the turnip increases each time.. It's possible to throw the turnip at someone then grab it from far away. It's also possible with Mr. Saturns, but the range doesn't increase as much.

Metà

Smash Master
I heard there was a glitch involving throwing a Mr. Saturn against a wall until you can grab it from anywhere. I will have to try this out. I wish I had my AR... :' (

Mythos

Smash Cadet
Of course it can be a good mindgame in some situations.. but i wouldnt advice you to add this to your normal gameplay it's not that useful in my opinion, there are more important things

Cort

Apple Head
Sounds sort of interesting, but wouldn't it greatly reduce the turnip's lifespan anyway, so it's sort of counter productive at the same time.

There aren't very many places to do this now that I think about it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've actually done a strange glitch that I think is similar to what you guys are talking about, I'm link and a friend of mine is playing peach, he threw a turnip at me and I caught it and imediately through it back, now I wanted to do links jab after the turnip since my friend was close enough for it to connect, and as I do I grab the turnip even though it is clearly out of grab range and I throw it again imediately, this process repeated as peach slip across the stage I was literally grabing the turnip from half way across FD.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
It's all over this topic. By regrabbing a thown turnip that hit something, the grab range increases, meaning you can grab it from a more farther distance, which is what you were doing.

Top Bottom