• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This mutt is the real deal! Rusty Slugger for Smash!

SmasherZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonictom2
3DS FC
3866-8283-8236

Rusty Slugger is a middle-aged (in dog years) owner of a two-bit store for games and sports. Your Mii goes to his shack and buys each game with eShop money, which collectively constitute a set of baseball-themed minigames. But that doesn’t really scratch the weirdness of this game, from the way you can actually barter with this guy to lower the price of each game to the way it actually has a surprisingly poignant story about his failing marriage and struggling relationship with his family, all of which interweave into the game itself. It’s fairly sobering for such an ostensibly goofy game, honestly.

Now, the main reason I want this guy in Smash is simply because I love this character! His quirky personality, his design, and I find him to be hilarious!

You may say this old mutt lacks moveset potential, but He could have tons of interesting baseball moves! He could utilize a Bat, a glove, a Ultra machine, Heck, why not his DESK? (He could slam his desk down as his dash attack) tell me your moveset idea, and I'll add it here!

Alt Costumes? EASY. His default would obviously be Rusty Slugger, but his first alt could be Inuji Darumeshi (the japanese Rusty)

And in japan, Inuji would be the default and rusty would be the alt! So there could be 4 rustys and 4 Inujis as costumes, For one, the regular Rusty and Inuji, Then they could be in there pro ballplayer outfits as seen Here:

Then we could have them in the pompadour wig, as seen here:

Then they could have Rusty wearing Inujis oufit, and Inuji wearing Rusty's outfit! (I don't have an image for this one)

(I will update this later with taunts, final smash ect.)

Top Bottom