• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is as far as you go! - Birdo for DLC thread

PF9

Smash Lord
Yes, the SMB2 transgendered dinosaur Birdo. I've been wanting Birdo in Smash for quite a while, especially since Yoshi has been around from the beginning.

Birdo debuted in the Japan-only game Doki Doki Panic, which was reformulated as the Western Super Mario Bros. 2, and since then, Birdo has been considered a Mario character. She had a major appearance in Wario's Woods (which I think needs to be a DLC stage, but that's a different conversation), and since 2000, has appeared in many Mario spin-off games, often paired with Yoshi.

So, come along and post if you want to see Birdo join the fray.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
The only way i could see this work is as a Yoshi clone.
Instead of the tongue (neutral b) Birdo shoots eggs, and has a different up-b.

...however.

IF
there's going to be 1 more Mario character, it should be Waluigi (due to his popularity) or Captain Toad.
Birdo in no way deserves his- ...i mean, "her" own slot on the playable roster.

So no. I'd rather not have her in Smash as a playable character.
Sorry! : (

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd happily see Birdo as a Yoshi alt, if nothing else.

Sure, why not?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd prefer clone over alt. Yoshi clone Birdo. Yoshi fighting style with a more direct projectile. Works even better with Yoshi's more 'upright' fighting style in this game.

I would actually love this.

There was actually a Birdo thread, already, those it's still locked.

Anyway, I'd hope a Birdo moveset would incorporate things from SMB2/DDP, maybe summoning Hawkmouth in the Final Smash.

birdo the first stage "boss" in smash. you could damage her and everything

however another character from doki doki panic SMB2 was toad. who happened to be playable.
birdo is just so low on my radar as anything other than a clone. even then there are better options. . .

Top Bottom