• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WORST character for Brawl...............

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ Kid's post I agree with almost everything there.
QFT

I'd like to add.....

-Any Square character - Just because Nintendo has like 15 square titles on thier systems doesn't mean they deserve a spot in SSBB. Who wants ANOTHER sword user in a brawler?

Afro Samurai for brawl.?

tshahi10

Smash Ace
worst charecter= customizable mii and slippy(hates team mode)

stillll, if there is wario, wahat about waluigi

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Waluigi's cool, he just needs time to prove himself >.> And a good game to his name <.<

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
My best joke sig request EVAAA!!!1!111@!111

No, I don't want Miyamoto in Brawl... but ideas need homes too...

Thanks to Stryks for the sig. ^_^

On a side note...

I like the idea of Mii's... i.e. have a generic character moveset that uses any Mii skin you have on your Wii.

Waluigi: Eh. I could care less.
Pac-man: In response to him being 2-D... I have one arguement... Mr. G&W. Not that I care. I don't really want him in the game either. But I'm just saying it can be done.

Too lazy to post more. :(

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
-Any Square character - Just because Nintendo has like 15 square titles on thier systems doesn't mean they deserve a spot in SSBB. Who wants ANOTHER sword user in a brawler?
How about a SquareEnix character who ISN'T a sword user?

I agree with Waluigi. Sure, I like him in Party games and Mario Kart DS (He holds most my time track records), but he's a filler character with no real back story.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
A tetris block

~Thank you to Gamefaq's for the worst idea ever...

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^ That makes 0 sense, just cause a character was lame in melee, doesnt mean he/she/it will be bad in melee too, they DO have time to fix the stats and attacks, I mean they got all 2007 to do it...

worst character: Sora (KH)... no disney character in brawl...

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
^^^aye. He wa still a fun character to use from time to time. Ever heard of pacman world. In that game, pac-man is 3 dimensional. I don't see how he could be bad. Square-enix xharacter. He could use a key over a sword, and summon ( something that would *** depth to the game) certain disney charcaters, that he could control for a while.

Worst is quite easily naruto. Or Bono.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude I DO NOT want to c dumbo, the genie or simba in brawl, and all of that will happend if... SORA IS IN BRAWL... I prefer 3d pac-man...

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Here's one you might have a debate, or at least yell at me over, I think one of the worst characters you could add are anyone from Golden Sun. They'd be a waste of space and the games are extremely bland and boring. The moves are so over done in rpgs and the characters just plain look generic.

i'd rather see slippy toad than anyone from golden sun

Kirye

Smash Ace
Here's one you might have a debate, or at least yell at me over, I think one of the worst characters you could add are anyone from Golden Sun. They'd be a waste of space and the games are extremely bland and boring. The moves are so over done in rpgs and the characters just plain look generic.

i'd rather see slippy toad than anyone from golden sun
I'm sure over half of this forum will disagree with you, but here's my 2 cents.

They'd be a waste of space and the games are extremely bland and boring.
First off, as long as they weren't clones, they wouldn't be a waste of space seeing as how they'd be original characters from a popular GBA RPG. The games are far from bland and boring, mixing together a powerful RPG system combined with the use of psynergy to solve puzzles for dungeons. It's like mixing a Final Fantasy game with Legend of Zelda, and it's done so great that you wouldn't even think the mix was possible. I've spent many an hour figuring out all the puzzles for the game, looking for the Djinn, and training my chars because the bosses were actually a challenge sometimes. To see a GS character in Brawl, namely either Isaac or Felix, would be great. Sure, we have alot of swordusers already, but in the end who cares, you figure out a way to beat one sword user, you can handle em all the same.

The moves are so over done in rpgs and the characters just plain look generic.
So in a system where their spells were determined by the combination of Djinn they had, which also determined what outside skills they get to beat dungeons, it's considered bland? Final Fantasy games, as much as i'm a fan, never do this, they're for the most part completely "From one part to the next" without any real to-do's aside from FF7s leveling up Materia. Only recently, like in FFXII, have we seen a broader system of play. *Of course there was also Tactics and FFV which had a good deal of customizing.* As for looking generic, I don't see it. Goombas, Koopas, Poes, Waddle Dee, these guys look generic, but these guys actually have a distinct look. If they were to look generic, wouldn't a ****** plumber with a red hat also be somewhat generic? Or an adult with an elf suit? Or even a yellow mouse with red cheeks? =O

Golden Sun chars for Brawl! /o/

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and while I used to find the idea of Dark Samus in Brawl slightly cringe-worthy, and the character herself sorta' cool (if generic), I have now spent so much time considering it and arguing it gives me a headache even considering it. the same goes for the Hunters. They were random enemies from ONE GAME.

Dark Samus and Hunters for the lose.

Ridley and Sonic for the win. And Tom Nook, I guess. Just to be random.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

poor imagination

crappy anime

poor anime/imagination

seriously, i could invent cooler characters than those, you could too, admit it.

bland. the rpg's fighting system was pretty standard, no matter what you call their magic powers psynergy or materia or whatever, the they're all played just the same. the story line was a direct rip off of one of the old final fantasys. I'm not kidding either, i don't remember which one, but it's so similar it's scary. Playing this golden sun was about as fun as my first attempt to read Eragon. It's like the game was made by a group of 16 year olds. (btw, if you're older than 15, never read eragon) The out of game puzzles were comparable to paper mario's puzzles. Simple and not satifying. If i'm correct, camelot is done with nintendo for a while, so there'd be little benifit for their chars to make an appearance. I know most people on here wouldn't agree, but that's because I'm older and have enough money to buy good rpgs. Lol, yeah, actually, I traded my copy og golden sun to my roomate for a box of crakers and penut butter.

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
Eragon was okay. Except for the romantic subplot and the Star Wars ripoffs and the movie.

Kirye

Smash Ace
You do know most, if not all animes, look like that don't you? Sure, you could say Bleach looks alot better than GS, but then there'd be no point to that, Ichigo's not gonna be in Brawl is he? As for looks, Marth didn't look great either in his old FE games, and he was revamped to look great in Melee wasn't he? Same for Ice Climbers, Ness, Roy, Fox (As he's always been in a ship and never really showed a body until the later GC releases.) and so forth. That's what revamping is for, they take their look, which I remind you is in a GBA port, and change it to look more Brawlish.

I could, but my stuff isn't gonna be on Brawl, nor is it on a Nintendo port. XD And draw me something better, just for kicks, I wanna see some artwork! =O

Hm.. Similar to an FF game.. FF1 was destroy the 4 demons of whatever, and stop the time lapse that Chaos has created, 2 was to attack some empire, correct me if i'm wrong I haven't played this one in a while. 3 was to destroy the dark cloud, who was causing torment in the world, 4 was to stop an emperor(again) who's gone insane with power over the crystals, 5, after the 4 crystals get destroyed you travel to another world to defeat an evil warlock who was sealed away 30 years ago, 6 you attack an empire (again) and then one of the infused magitek warriors goes out of control and releases the power of magic into the world and names himself lord of the world. 7, attack an empire (Gasp?) until you find out that someone you used to know is after some godly power capable of destroying the world, only trying to reunite himself with his mother that the humans killed. (Wasn't even his real mother =/ )

I could seriously go on, but nah. As you can see however, most RPGs have the same storyline, tell me a big hit RPG that doesn't have SOMETHING in similarity with all other RPGs around the world. Not even Atelier Iris, which I believed was a completely new RPG, is unique on it's own.

Also, what does your age have to do with anything? How old are you? =/ I'm 19, and I still enjoy RPGs since FF1 til now, maybe you're older, big deal. You don't have to play Golden Sun and i'm not trying to tell you "Go buy it now n00b!!", but to say you're older so you know better? Lol.. I don't get it.

Mostly, it's just a dislike from the consumer to the product, which is normal, because if you were old enough to "know better", you wouldn't be playing a kiddy game like Smash Bros.

*I'll continue this debate tomorrow! I'm going to lie down, the flu's got my mind driving me insane and i'm this close to beating myself to sleep. x.x*

Dameon

Smash Cadet
The single worst character for brawl?....
KIRBY!!!!!
I mean dude is the only guy who didn't get upgraded graphics from the first game....I mean Why Why!!?? who would use a little pink ball of marshmellow with 64 bit graphics?...atleast add shadow to his friggin shoes...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
KIRBY!!!!!
I mean dude is the only guy who didn't get upgraded graphics from the first game....I mean Why Why!!?? who would use a little pink ball of marshmellow with 64 bit graphics?...atleast add shadow to his friggin shoes...
Eh, that's just a trailer... Graphics wise could change in the next couple months... Any who, what is there to do on Kirby??? You can't change anything since he only just a round pink ball with stubby arms and legs...

@Oxyborb
*insert flame here*

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
i think Kirye needs a bland-aid

ooohhhh! BuRn!

I wasn't talking about how the chars will look stupid, I was talking about how they are bland swordsmen who aren't unique. look at the characters though, there's nothing unique about them. They are all crappy looking anime chars with swords and capes. At least Link has his Defining color and hat. What gamer can see the long green hat and not know who's it is? And at least Fire Emblem is an interesting game to play. I'm sure in transition the Golden Sun chars would look great, but they'd still be generic swordsmen with generic magic genericly genericating generica.

My age has to do with this because Golden Sun is to Final Fantasy, what Zelda Wind Waker is to Twilight Princess, what hello kitty is to resident evil. It's so simple it makes more mature gamers turn their heads. Obviously, some older people like those kinda of games, I beleive it's because they've never been exposed to better. And btw Smash Bros. isn't kiddy, it's for everyone. Golden Sun is for about 12-14 year olds I'd bet.

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
KIRBY!!!!!
Kirby has GAMECUBE graphic, not 64 graphics, and that's just because there comes a point when you simply cannot make a cartoony pink ball with chibi features and tiny arms and legs look any more realistic.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
My age has to do with this because Golden Sun is to Final Fantasy, what Zelda Wind Waker is to Twilight Princess, what hello kitty is to resident evil. It's so simple it makes more mature gamers turn their heads.
Mm, nope, I'd say that mature gamers are those who realize that it doesn't matter if a game is going for simplicity or not. Sometimes less really is more.
Age does not equal maturity.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
There is no bad charecters just bad players
you're right. how about we add naruto or yugioh to brawl.

Mm, nope, I'd say that mature gamers are those who realize that it doesn't matter if a game is going for simplicity or not. Sometimes less really is more.
age does matter, all games have an age group. Save maybe something like Wiisports. I'm sure Hello Kitty Island Adventure is not made for you, as I'm sure Golden Sun was not made for 20 year olds in mind. But back to my point, I say GS chars are crap because they are bland, because they were made to appeal to the yugioh/naruto croud. They are bland. That is why I don't want them. Not because of age. Because they lack imagination. depth. Pokemon was obviously not intended to my age group, but I still want them in, cause they are interesting.

Top Bottom