• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wittlest Conquewor: Baby Bowser for Smash Bros! [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Who is Baby Bowser?

Baby Bowser is an enemy in the Yoshi games. He is the younger version of King Bowser, and is even more stubborn and ruthless than him. He uses his minions to get whatever he wants, from ruling a castle to riding a "gween donkey". He has appeared in almost every Yoshi game and even in one Mario game, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.
Why Baby Bowser?

Yoshi is lacking in any reps, and this guy is the perfect rep. Baby Bowser is an important character in the Yoshi series, being the main antagonist in every game, along with Kamek. He can also have an interesting moveset, comprised of Kamek's magic and his minions.
What would his moveset be?

Many believe that he would be a clone of Bowser or even Bowser Jr, which is possible, but that's not what we want. Baby Bowser could be a Hammerspace fighter much like Bowser Jr. and the Villager, except mostly using minions to attack instead of items and weapons. Here are some movesets.
Speed-About as fast as Mario.
Aerial speed-A tiny bit slower than Mario. Fall speed is a little bit slower than Bowser.
Jump height-Close to Fox's
Weight-About as much as Toon Link's
Can crawl
Cannot wall jump

Neutral attack-Swipes with one claw, then the other, then bites.
Forward tilt-A Shy Guy appears and Baby Bowser points forward. The Shy Guy throws a few flailing attacks forward.
Up tilt-Shoots a Paratroopa shell above him a small distance.
Down tilt-Smashes a Dry Bones bone in front of him.
Dash attack-Trips.

Forward smash-Swings his mallet from Partners in Time and smashes the ground. Shakes the screen when fully charged.
Up smash-Plants a Piranha Plant and it sticks its tongue out to attack, then disappears.
Down smash-Gets in his shell and moves back and forth.

Neutral aerial-Spins in a circle with his mallet.
Forward aerial-A Goonie appears quickly and hurts opponents.
Back aerial-Holds a spiny Lakitu egg behind him.
Up aerial-Holds up a Glide Guy's umbrella.
Down aerial-Holds a tiny Bungee Piranha under him.

Grab-A simple grab animation.
Pummel-Hits the opponent with his nose.
Forward throw-Drops the opponent and hits them with his hammer.
Back throw-Throws the opponent behind him and hits them with his shell.
Up throw-A Paratroopa lifts the opponent and throws them upward.
Down throw-Throws the opponent on the ground, gets in his shell, then body slams them.

Neutral special-Fire Breath-Shoots a large, slow, floating fireball from his mouth. It's a tiny bit slower than Luigi's fireball, and doesn't go as far, but hits multiple times.
Custom 1-Rapid Breath-Shoots faster, smaller fireballs that only hit once and shoot rapidly.
Custom 2-Ice Fire-Shoots an even slower blue fireball that can freeze enemies.

Side Special-Shell Shot-Kicks a red Koopa shell an average distance, then returns. Baby Bowser is completely vulnerable while the Koopa shell is still out, and can only attack with a kick by pressing B. This kick can shoot the shell again. Every time Baby Bowser kicks the shell, it does more damage. If the shell touches him, or after 5 seconds pass, the shell disappears.
Custom 1-Meteor Shell-The shell goes slightly upwards, and does less damage, but right before it starts to return, it can meteor smash opponents.
Custom 2-Shell Strike-The shell hits multiple times, but doesn't return.

Up Special-Toady-Rides the back of a Toady from Yoshi's Island DS. Goes about as high as Duck Jump.
Custom 1-Spring Toady-The toady jumps up an average distance and does damage.
Custom 2-Toady Attack-Goes less distance, but does damage.

Down Special-Ground Pound-Jumps in the air and shoots downward, creating large, weak shockwaves. Baby Bowser does the same damage as his shockwaves.
Custom 1-Power Pound-No shockwaves, but the attack does high damage and knockback.
Custom 2-Earthquake Pound-Baby Bowser himself does no damage, the shockwaves do barely any damage, and the shockwaves are shorter, but they stun enemies.

Final smash-Giant Baby Bowser! He appears in the background and acts similar to how he did in Yoshi's Island, and he can also shoot fireballs at enemies.

Up taunt-Kamek appears and says gibberish. Baby Bowser throws a tiny tantrum, then Kamek gets scared and flies away.
Side taunt-A roar that he tries to make sound menacing, but instead just sounds cute.
Down taunt-Evil laugh.

Victory pose 1-Laughs maniacally with Kamek in the background.
Victory pose 2-Cheers and shoots fireballs.
Victory pose 3-Kamek accidently turns Baby Bowser really tiny while he's cheering, and then he chases Kamek around.

Lose/no contest animation-Similar to Mewtwo's, but away from the camera.
Note | It was pretty hard to declone Baby Bowser from Bowser, since they are basically the same character, but I think I've done something great with it.

Speed | A bit faster than Bowser, but not that much. Animations will be the same as Bowser's in Melee and Brawl, just for the sake of it :grin:
Jump Height | Around the same as Mario's
Grab Range | Very small
Weight | Around the same as Bowser Jr. when he's outside his Clown Car.
Crawl? | Nope.
Wall Jump? | Nope.
Wall Cling? | Nope.

Neutral Attack | Whacks forward with a hammer to compensate his tiny arms
Side Tilt | Spits a tiny fireball that barely moves. Can be tilted.
Up tilt | Hides in his shell while jumping.
Down Tilt | Sneezes.
Dash Attack | Trips.

Neutral Aerial | Same as Kirby's
Forward Aerial | Same as Bowser Jr.'s Hammer attack
Back Aerial | Same as Bowser Jr.'s Hammer attack, but backwards
Up Aerial | Same as Bowser Jr.'s Hammer attack, but upwards
Down Aerial | Same as Bowser's, but isn't a stall-then-fall

Side Smash | Takes a hammer and swings it like a baseball bat. Can reflect projectiles if sweetspotted, but the sweetspot doesn't deal any additional damage or knockback.
Up Smash | Same as Yoshi's
Down Smash | Same as Bowser's, but faster. The shell give protection.

Grab | Same as Kirby's, animation-wise.
Pummel | Spits fire at the opponent

Forward Throw | Spits multiple fireballs, the last one making a small explosion.
Back Throw | Throws the oppoents behind
Up Throw | Similar to Bowser's Flying Slam, but cannot be controlled.
Down Throw | Similar to Sonic's

Neutral Special 1 - Fire Ball | Baby Bowser spits a fireball. It's pretty fast and has great range, but low damage and knockback.
Neutral Special 2 - Fire Breath | Just like his future self, Baby Bowser spits fire, flamethrower style. However, if you use it for too long, Baby Bowser won't handle it and receive damage.
Neutral Special 3 - Crying Baby | Baby Bowser will yell, paralyzing anyone caught in the sound wave.

Side Special 1 - Koopa Klaw | A claw swipe that hits enemies farther away, but also causes Bowser to grab onto enemies very close to him. Can also grab in the air. If Baby Bowser managed to grab someone, he can spit fire to deal damage and they can be thrown in two directions: pressing forward on the control stick causes Bowser to slash the enemy upwards, while pressing backwards causes him to hurl the enemy backwards with a large amount of knockback.
Side Special 2 - Koopa Dash | Baby Bowser dashes when performing the move, but can no longer grab.
Side Special 3 - Koopa Burn | The grabboxes are bigger, but Baby Bowser can only spit fire when he grabbed someone. The fire deals more damage, though.

Up Special 1 - Whirling Fortress | Similar to Bowser's Up Special, but goes higher and is slightly faster. Can be button mashed for more height.
Up Special 2 - Whirling Rocket | Quickly rises upwards, giving more speed and height, but is much, much weaker.
Up Special 3 - Whirling Bomb | Baby Bowser creates an explosion at the move's startup, causing a meteor effect to anyone caught in it. Vertical distance is lowered drastically.

Down Special 1 - Ground Pound | Similar to Yoshi's Down Special, Baby Bowser jumps high in the air and quickly falls on the ground (if there's any) do deal great damage and knockback within the shockwave it creates. Can spike when hitting some in the air with it.
Down Special 2 - Hip Drop | The move lacks the shockwave, but is much faster. Doesn't spike in the air and is weaker.
Down Special 3 - Baby Bomb | Is much slower, but deals more damage and knockback. Also, there's an explosion instead of a shockwave.

Final Smash - Giant Baby Bowser | Kamek appears, making Bowser grow immensely. Pressing any attack button will make Baby Bowser roar and meteors will fall from the sky. Lasts for about 14 seconds.

Side Taunt | Similar to Bowser's Down Taunt
Up Taunt | Takes out a magic wand and twirls it around, before discarding it. Just like Snake's taunts, the wand can deal damage.
Down Taunt | http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/0/02/Babybowser.png/408px-Babybowser.png

Entrance Animation | Kamek gives him a lift with his flying broom, but he falls. Kamek will have different colors depending on the player.
Win Animation 1 | Is sleeping and despite Baby Bowser's appearance, it's still pretty cute ^_^
Win Animation 2 | Spins around in his shell and comes out making grunts.
Win Animation 3 | Cries then laughs, most likely to make fun of the opponent(s)
Lose Animation | http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/8/89/Baby_Bowser_YI.png/505px-Baby_Bowser_YI.png
Who even wants him?
No one yet.
Doesn't he look very similar to Bowser Jr?

If you go by his design in Partners in Time, yes. If you go by his design in the Yoshi games, barely. First of all, he has no clown car, which is already a glaring difference. He is made up of darker and more saturated colors, has a bigger snout, and has differently styled hair. He also lacks a bandanna.

Well, that's pretty much everything I have to say about Baby Bowser for now. Vote for him while you still can!

Well, it appears no one wants him. This was a complete failure.​

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
You know who is the real pefect rep for the Yoshi series?

Here's a hint
It's in this image
It's not Dry Bowser :troll:
And it's not Yoshi :yoshi:
just my opinion m8
don't h8 pls

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't remember that guy?
He is Poochy, the dog that helps Yoshi in almost every main Yoshi game :p
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story

Yoshi's new Island

He's also making an appearence in Yoshi's Wooly world
And unlike Baby Bowser, Poochy is exclusive to the Yoshi series
Making only a little cameo on Mario Party Advanced

He is my pick for a new Yoshi rep
I'm not saying that you should delete this thread
I'm just pointing out the fact that if we get a new Yoshi character
We should get one that isn't just Bowser as a Baby with a different moveset :smirk:
Even Kamek would be a better option in my opinion
And remember!!
Poochy ain't stupid :troll:

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
He is my pick for a new Yoshi rep
I'm not saying that you should delete this thread
I'm just pointing out the fact that if we get a new Yoshi character
We should get one that isn't just Bowser as a Baby with a different moveset :smirk:
Even Kamek would be a better option in my opinion
Baby Bowser is the best choice because he's the main villain. Also, Kamek hasn't been shown to be able to do much, just fly around and shoot magic. The same thing applies to Poochy, just running over hazards and finding fruit.

Something tells me you don't want him because he wouldn't be unique.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Ummm Baby Bowser is the always the main villian? I remember from my Yoshi's Island game for DS, baby bowser was one of Yoshi's partners...

Also, what's this "Yoshi needs more reps"???? Yoshi belongs in the Mario universe and is a Mario rep, we got a ton of those.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Ummm Baby Bowser is the always the main villian? I remember from my Yoshi's Island game for DS, baby bowser was one of Yoshi's partners...

Also, what's this "Yoshi needs more reps"???? Yoshi belongs in the Mario universe and is a Mario rep, we got a ton of those.
1. In Yoshi's Island DS, he starts out as an enemy, but becomes a friend because he lands on a Yoshi.

2. Yoshi is not a part of the Mario universe in Smash Bros. His symbol is an egg symbol, not a Mario symbol. Baby Bowser has appeared in Mario games, but with a completely different design and personality (and no lisp).

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
1. In Yoshi's Island DS, he starts out as an enemy, but becomes a friend because he lands on a Yoshi.

2. Yoshi is not a part of the Mario universe in Smash Bros. His symbol is an egg symbol, not a Mario symbol. Baby Bowser has appeared in Mario games, but with a completely different design and personality (and no lisp).
So... he's not the main enemy? And I don't really care what symbol he has in Smash Bros., he's known as a Mario character.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
So... he's not the main enemy? And I don't really care what symbol he has in Smash Bros., he's known as a Mario character.
No, he's not the main enemy in Yoshi's Island DS, Adult Bowser is. Also, that's like saying Captain Syrup is a Mario character because Wario is a Mario character.

Last edited:
No, he's not the main enemy in Yoshi's Island, Adult Bowser is. Also, that's like saying Captain Syrup is a Mario character because Wario is a Mario character.
Captain Syrup isnt a younger version of mario's nemesis. that isnt a fair comparison in the slightest.
(im not knowledgeable enough about yoshi's island to form my own opinion but i felt like pointing out this illogical claim)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Baby Bowser is the best choice because he's the main villain. Also, Kamek hasn't been shown to be able to do much, just fly around and shoot magic. The same thing applies to Poochy, just running over hazards and finding fruit.

Something tells me you don't want him because he wouldn't be unique.
Baby Bowser would be unique, he could be some kind of faster and smaller Bowser with other cool tricks!!
What I'm trying to say is that if we will get a new Yoshi rep, I would prefer a character that originated from Yoshi's Island
Baby Bowser is just, well, Bowser as a baby
No one likes multiple versions of a character :drshrug:
I mean, we could add Cat Mario with an unique moveset but that wouldn't make it any better
Also, Kamek not being able to do much?
Peach hasn't been shown to be able to do much!!!
But she can fight :p
And Kamek has magic, you can do whatever you want with magic :awesome:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt
The same goes for Poochy here's even a moveset

Neutral special: Lick
Side special: Trample
Down special: Snack
Up special: White Shy Guy
Final Smash: Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy!

He is a dog, and that's enough to have an unique moveset :awesome:
And If we're gonna get a new character, I would prefer a NEW character, not just Bowser as a baby :ohwell:
I think that Poochy would be the best option becuase he only appears in Yoshi games unlike Kamek
Your new avatar looks cool BTW :dr^_^:

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Baby Bowser would be unique, he could be some kind of faster and smaller Bowser with other cool tricks!!
What I'm trying to say is that if we will get a new Yoshi rep, I would prefer a character that originated from Yoshi's Island
Baby Bowser is just, well, Bowser as a baby
No one likes multiple versions of a character :drshrug:
I mean, we could add Cat Mario with an unique moveset but that wouldn't make it any better
Also, Kamek not being able to do much?
Peach hasn't been shown to be able to do much!!!
But she can fight :p
And Kamek has magic, you can do whatever you want with magic :awesome:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt
The same goes for Poochy here's even a moveset

Neutral special: Lick
Side special: Trample
Down special: Snack
Up special: White Shy Guy
Final Smash: Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy!
He is a dog, and that's enough to have an unique moveset :awesome:
And If we're gonna get a new character, I would prefer a NEW character, not just Bowser as a baby :ohwell:
I think that Poochy would be the best option becuase he only appears in Yoshi games unlike Kamek
Your new avatar looks cool BTW :dr^_^:
I want Poochy now.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Great. My post was such a failure that it convinced people to support a completely different character.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well, it appears no one wants him. This was a complete failure.​
It's not that we don't want him. It's just that Baby Bowser is already very similar to Bowser Jr. as he is. Because of this, he'll probably never even get considered. The best I can see him is an an alt of Jr., but that's just my opinion.

Some reason we sort of already have a Baby Bowser in Bowser Jr.
"Baby Bowser looks almost identical to his adult form's child, Bowser Jr."
"His personality is similar to Bowser Jr.'s. A spoiled child, Baby Bowser frequently throws tantrums in hopes that his minions, Kamek, and the Koopa Troop will give him what he wants."
"Baby Bowser looks and sounds like Bowser Jr. in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, although his bandanna is different, as it is blank."
Because of these reason, I just don't see Baby Bowser happening if Bowser Jr. stays.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
It's not that we don't want him. It's just that Baby Bowser is already very similar to Bowser Jr. as he is. Because of this, he'll probably never even get considered. The best I can see him is an an alt of Jr., but that's just my opinion.

Some reason we sort of already have a Baby Bowser in Bowser Jr.
"Baby Bowser looks almost identical to his adult form's child, Bowser Jr."
"His personality is similar to Bowser Jr.'s. A spoiled child, Baby Bowser frequently throws tantrums in hopes that his minions, Kamek, and the Koopa Troop will give him what he wants."
"Baby Bowser looks and sounds like Bowser Jr. in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, although his bandanna is different, as it is blank."
Because of these reason, I just don't see Baby Bowser happening if Bowser Jr. stays.
So what if he looks similar? He won't have a Clown Car, and therefore, will play drastically differently.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't think that Baby Bowser is disliked because that
I mean, he is just Bowser as a baby!
THAT is the reason
No one likes multiple versions of a character in a game
We already have Bowser, we don't need Baby Bowser
That would be like adding Cat Mario or something like that
People like NEW characters, not characters that are already in the game as babies :drshrug:
Maybe I should open a Poochy thread, I have been thinking about that for a while but I'm not sure :dizzy:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why multiple versions of a character are a bad thing as long as they aren't clones.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't see why multiple versions of a character are a bad thing as long as they aren't clones.
Because if we keep adding multiple versions of a character the roster would be full of Mario, Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Bee Mario, Bowser, Dry Bowser, Baby Bowser, Luigi, etc
Also another problem is that adding baby characters is something that almost everyone hates :ohwell:
"Let's take Bowser make him a baby" BOOM!!!
Totally different character!! :bee:
That doesn't sounds good XD
If you asked someone:
"Do you want Baby Bowser in Smash?"
They would probably answer
"Sure, Let's also add Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach!" (obvious sarcasm)
Baby Bowser sounds kinda like a joke :(

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Nope, just the fact that this thread got absolutely no support. Maybe I'll make a Kamek thread with the same moveset and some added magic.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Nope, just the fact that this thread got absolutely no support. Maybe I'll make a Kamek thread with the same moveset and some added magic.
There is already a Kamek thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/dark-magikoopa-kamek-deconfirmed.324365/
It's locked due to his Stage Hazard status
If I recall correctly you should contact a mod to get it unlocked :ohwell:
Because, there can't be 2 Kamek threads, the same happened with the Magolor thread, someone made a new one, but it got locked, so they could reopen the old one
I could be completely wrong too :dizzy:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Locked by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom