• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I find the Wario matchup pretty hard, we don't have a very good answer on the ground for Chomp other than a perfectly spaced dash attack, SH Dair, or pivot ftilt; jumping over him is reactable because of our floatiness.

Can someone explain to me how exactly deep breathing works?
I don't think any of us even know entirely yet. What we know for sure:
-It makes you do more damage (I think by 10%)
-It increases the knockback of your attacks (also by 10% I think)
-It makes you heavier (harder to KO) (not sure by how much but I wouldn't be surprised by the 10% trend, seems heavier though)
-The time it takes to charge Deep Breathing is dependent on how much of the Deep Breathing buff you have remaining (or how long it has been since your last DB). Deep Breathing state (and timer) gets cleared when you are KO'ed.
-It heals you a tiny amount (1% or 2% I don't remember which one is DB and which is SS) if successful

Last edited:

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
So for the damage, would my 1% attack do 11%? Or my 10% attack would do 11%? Also, the buff lasts until the end of your stock?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
The buff lasts a couple of seconds, not sure on the exact time, but you can tell by the glow she has.
I'm not sure about the damage part, but I'm pretty sure the knockback part is actually 20% so it might be 20s all around.

As for Wario, I'm loading the video now, but there are two things everyone should know about this matchup.

The first being that he is going to be really hard to edgeguard if you go that route because vectoring has a weird glitch that can give him an UpB-less recovery.

The second is that Wario still suffers from grab release shenanigans. We get free aerials for sure and we might also get Usmash for an easy kill confirm. I'll let everyone know when I check in a minute.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm pretty sure we get a free (slightly charged even) upsmash on Wario grab release. And yeah I think the DB buff is 20% actually not 10% (can't confirm at the moment).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I find the Wario matchup pretty hard, we don't have a very good answer on the ground for Chomp other than a perfectly spaced dash attack, SH Dair, or pivot ftilt; jumping over him is reactable because of our floatiness.

I don't think any of us even know entirely yet. What we know for sure:
-It makes you do more damage (I think by 10%)
-It increases the knockback of your attacks (also by 10% I think)
-It makes you heavier (harder to KO) (not sure by how much but I wouldn't be surprised by the 10% trend, seems heavier though)
-The time it takes to charge Deep Breathing is dependent on how much of the Deep Breathing buff you have remaining (or how long it has been since your last failed DB). Deep Breathing state (and timer) gets cleared when you are KO'ed.
-It heals you a tiny amount (1% or 2% I don't remember which one is DB and which is SS) if successful
Wait, it buffs her weight too? How'd you discover this? I'd never heard this before your post. :o

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Just checked and I think all we get is a fair. I got nair, uair and bair to land a couple times but I think he was trying to challenge it.

It's free damage but honestly it might be better to just uthrow. If nothing else he should have a tough time fighting her too seeing as any time she crouches, he'll have to commit instead of spacing aerial pokes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just hope some day I'll be good enough to be able to name search. :V
You probably won't. <3

So! Smash 4 is really fun. Give me a few weeks, guys, and I'll be much more of an active mod in here. I won't be strict or anything (hell, look at the Pool Room for an example), but I'll be more active with posting.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Hello Smashboards,
This is my first time posting here
I wanna know what you guy's think about this video. I really think I've got the hang of her but I wanna know if i could use some improvements.
watch?v=sIfac-WwHhc

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
This is my masterpiece.

L̴̫̳̪E͙̩͎͖̕T'S͓ ̹͔͙S͍͉̭T̜̺͔RE͇̺̖̩̳͍͍T̗̲̟̺C̖̲͘H ͓̲͕̠Ò̱̪͉̩͉U̙͘R̨͇͉̯ ̹̱̮Ļ̲̱̲͙͉̳̺È͉̠G͉̬̲̯̯̬̭S̰͖̪̭͇̟̞͝

Last edited:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I had all the plans in the world to main Lucina, but oh my god I love Wii Fit Trainer. I've never felt so connected to a character.

Name:
Circa
Talents: I can touch my toes.
Dislikes: Sleeping more than six hours.
Goals: I want to be a Renaissance Man.
Other facts: I am slowly becoming a healthy human being.

This social thread also has a lot less RobinxLucina shipping, That's a very nice change of pace. Thank you all for being cool.

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
I had all the plans in the world to main Lucina, but oh my god I love Wii Fit Trainer. I've never felt so connected to a character.
Name: Circa
Talents: I can touch my toes.
Dislikes: Sleeping more than six hours.
Goals: I want to be a Renaissance Man.
Other facts: I am slowly becoming a healthy human being.

This social thread also has a lot less RobinxLucina shipping, That's a very nice change of pace. Thank you all for being cool.
Do my eyes deceive me? Is that a Non Non Biyori avatar?

shapular

Smash Ace
Hello Smashboards,
This is my first time posting here
I wanna know what you guy's think about this video. I really think I've got the hang of her but I wanna know if i could use some improvements.
watch?v=sIfac-WwHhc
Nice job at the Vegas weekly, man. You've made WFT mains everywhere proud. Keep it up.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
This is my masterpiece.

L̴̫̳̪E͙̩͎͖̕T'S͓ ̹͔͙S͍͉̭T̜̺͔RE͇̺̖̩̳͍͍T̗̲̟̺C̖̲͘H ͓̲͕̠Ò̱̪͉̩͉U̙͘R̨͇͉̯ ̹̱̮Ļ̲̱̲͙͉̳̺È͉̠G͉̬̲̯̯̬̭S̰͖̪̭͇̟̞͝
Mar, I s2g

Deep Breathing multiplies your damage output by about 1.2 and heals 2%. Idk if theres a KB multiplier too, I haven't tested for that. It also increases your weight and I'm tryna figure out what it increases to

Also ****in smashboards it NEVER notifies me for like 9/10 of my watched threads but will always tells me when somebody makes a ****ty "possible new AT?" thread in 3DS competitive

edit: also-

Name: Indigo Jeans, Starturds
Talents: idk science i guess
Dislikes: calculus man **** calculus
Goals: figure out how to consistently land smashes with wft ;_;7
Other facts: Male WFT is objectively wrong

Last edited:
Nope, you just get a startup penalty for using it or failing to execute it properly. It's something like y = 25 + 1.5x, where y is the amount of frames it takes for the circles to align, 25 is the minimum amount of frames for the circles to align, and x is the amount of times you've failed or successfully executed DB during that stock. This is just guessing though, I'm not entirely certain how close 25 is to the actual amount of frames DB starts off with, or if it really does take 1.5 times longer. Your execution penalty counter gets reset when you lose a stock. Also, it seems the multiplier in the startup equation is drastically higher if you start another DB session while you're already under the effects of DB.

This is for STARTUP though. I'm pretty sure the duration of effects is always about 600F/5S. Shield/airdodge cancelling DB doesn't count towards your execution penalty.

Last edited:

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Nope, you just get a startup penalty for using it or failing to execute it properly. It's something like y = 25 + 1.5x, where y is the amount of frames it takes for the circles to align, 25 is the minimum amount of frames for the circles to align, and x is the amount of times you've failed or successfully executed DB during that stock. This is just guessing though, I'm not entirely certain how close 25 is to the actual amount of frames DB starts off with, or if it really does take 1.5 times longer. Your execution penalty counter gets reset when you lose a stock. Also, it seems the multiplier in the startup equation is drastically higher if you start another DB session while you're already under the effects of DB.

This is for STARTUP though. I'm pretty sure the duration of effects is always about 600F/5S. Shield/airdodge cancelling DB doesn't count towards your execution penalty.
Thanks a lot I was here hoping for extended time with DB but it's good to know that I have 5 seconds to work with it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
5 measly seconds in this campfest of a game :urg:

Basically my sentiments. Because of that I'll try and only ever go for DB when I know I'm gonna KO with SS or if I've got nothing left to lose. Cause if you miss that there's like no chance you're gonna get another shot at KOing with something else (SHBair maybe? lmao) and then you're just left without DB cause of the penalty

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
We're dedicated to fitness aren't we?

I think a pic of @Meno and I covered in oil should be the banner for the OP

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Deep breathing actually lasts about 10 seconds.
There is additional knockback added.
Damage multiplier.
Ground speed increased.
Weight increased.
You are "penalized" for air dodge canceling the first activation. It changes it to "secondary" activation whether you fail, succeed or cancel.
The first activation takes about 1.5/2 second(s).
Following activations, or "secondary", without losing a stock take about 5 seconds to activate. Not sure if it returns to the original speed after some time, I only tested up to waiting 30 seconds, but this might have been affected by me AD canceling.
Heals 2% each time.

I feel like I'm missing something but I'm in a rush. Someone correct me if I left something out.

Top Bottom