• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Without hopefully having too much of a bias, heres my take on Krystal

1. How many diverse options does this character have?

About a few. Krystal can use weapons from Assault (Then again, any Star Fox member can so it wouldn't be that unique) and/or she can use her staff from Adventures which is pretty much her saving grace from being a clone.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?

Sort of. While few of the moves may seem a little similar (For instance, the ice blaster being similar to the Ice Climber's blizzard move), she can be different enough where she doesn't have to be a clone of Fox.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?

Nope, A character welding a staff in SSB has not been done before.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?

I think so myself although its just me.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

Well Krystal stands out as being a new female face in the Star Fox universe, slightly taller than Fox, & as far as I'm aware, isn't similar looking to any character (Unless if Krystal uses her Assault appearance in that case, her suit might look similar to Zero Suit Samus as both are skin tight & blue)

6. Does it fit the character well enough?

Yes, I'd say it fits her well, the staff does belong to her after all. Fox may have used it more than her but that doesn't mean Krystal will not get it since Smash isn't canon (Just like Zelda having some of Link's moves like Din's Fire). I always imagine her being more agile & acrobatic than Fox.

Grade: B+

I will abstain from Slippy Toad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
More or less Krystal gets a B +

She brings a unique moveset, for sure, but nothing Zoroark tier. Nothing NEVER BEFORE SEEN. Give her a staff for her attacks, fire, freeze, boost, and quake for specials, ad viola, a unique character. Just not ground breaking.

Slippy CAN be unique, but if you think Krystal is reaching with the staff, Slippy is so farrrrr reaching with his inventions. C - / + D

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Krystal: B+
From what I've seen, she could bring some new things into Smash. Also other posts influenced my decision.

Slippy: F+ or abstain
Here's why, I'm not the biggest Star Fox fan so I have NO idea what Slippy does outside of his ship. I know there are some weapons from the series that aren't in use so I guess he could have those. But that's all I know honestly.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Alrighty this was a surprisingly short day, not a lot of discussion for Krystal.

Today were rating 3 potential newcomers for the Mother franchise, the Masked Man, Porky, and Ninten.

Remember, analyses are recommended, but grades are fine too. ;)

Tagging @thethirdkoopa for Masked Man and @FalKoopa for Porky.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
No grades so far, OK then.
I'm going to give Masked Man an A for the many diverse options he has with his orange beam sword and the many PSi abilities he could have.
Ninten a C, he could have asthma involved in his movesrt to make him different.
Porky, an A- for the possible use of mechs in his moveset, visually distinct at the same time.

andimidna

Smash Master
Sorry I haven't been here in a while.
I agree with Krystal being high and Slippy being low though.

Masked Man: A-
While different from the current Earthbound characters greatly, he has a sword.
Ninten: F
I'd be in complete shock if he wasn't a clone. Ness and Lucas actually have more moves that could differentiate themselves from each other, but Ninten does not.
Porky: B
I'm having trouble seeing his playstyle, and I may change my score once I see other scores.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Masked Man: Has the most likely chance as getting in as a playable character, unless Porky is not considered a boss.

Ninten: I can understand the popularity behind this guy, but I see him more as an alternate costume for Ness.

Porky: If Sakurai can make Porky's mech function as a playable character without seeing him as a boss, then he is possible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't worry blue, every game is suffering bc of the hype of the direct

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Masked Man: B. Meta Knight style with a lot of magic imo.

Ninten: F. Guaranteed to be Ness' second clone

Porky: S. Fighting in a mech is a brand new concept to Smash Bros. and I think a lot can be done with the idea to make it stand out.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Abstaining from Masked Man, I don't feel like I know enough about the character to rate him.

Ninten: F. Almost definitely a clone. Doesn't help with he looks almost identical to Ness too.

Porky
Having played Super Smash Bros. Crusade, I can honestly say that Porky is by far one of my favourite characters, let's delve in a little(don't expect this as big as the one of Goroh, I'm not much of a Mother fan, I just like Porky from what little I've seen of him.)

Many; Porky has a mecha that can shoot out robot clones, lasers, can get 'Pokey' with his spider mech. Look no further than his boss fight in Brawl, and you can see he'd have quite a few options.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the cast?
There aren't any mech users as far as I'm aware, and the nearest things are tech users like Fox. Obviously a very different type of character.

No. Simply put this would be a brand new style of character not seen as playable in Smash yet.

4. Does the characters abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
Super Smash Bros. Crusade convinced me yes. Within it, Porky can hover in his mech giving him a great air game. He'd probably be a defensive fighter able to keep enemies at a distance with his mech's long jabby spider claws, lasers and Porky Bots.

5. How visually different is the character in term of body shape and looks?
Very. There's no one that would quite look like Porky in his mech. Samus probably comes closest due to her robot suit(or maybe R.O.B. or Megaman) but he'd have to be quite a large character in a mech so compared to the rest of the crew he'd look VERY diverse.

Incredibly so. Porky is somewhat of a genius, and due to his boss battle it suits the character down to a tee.

Uniqueness rating: S rank
Going with ThatWasPeachy's rank here: Porky would be insanely unique. There's no one quite like him at current in the Smash cast.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alrighty, I think I'm going to end this day now. Surprising results when it came to Porky. O.o

Today we are rating characters from Yoshi's Island and Warioware, the Stork (because Kamek deconfirmed), Mona, Jimmy T, and Captain Syrup.

Remember analyses are recommended, but grades are fine too.

Tagging @ Sobreviviente Sobreviviente for Stork, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan for Mona.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mona
Being one of the many reoccuring characters from the WarioWare franchise, Mona could easily be a great rep for the series since her games are the wierdest (hence Wierd being the them of her microgames). There are plenty of material to pull upon like her jobs, her pets, and having attacks based on her various microgames.

Many; She can use various moves based on her microgames with the addition of objects pertaining to her jobs (pizza, moped, baton, ect.). She can can have certain specials that can have randomizes results like the number of Monettes that she can use as a rope or the type of Pizza that can be thrown at her foes.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the cast?
She could potentially be the Villager/Game & Watch MK III with crazier attacks and one randomized gimmick, but the concept is still similar.

Yeah, with the aforementioned Villager and Game & Watch.

4. Does the characters abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
Her unpredictable moves and randomized attacks (a few specials an ledge attacks) can really make her an unpredictable fighter compared to G&W and Villager.

5. How visually different is the character in term of body shape and looks?
She's a cute red head with a groovy outfit, black eyes, and a penchant for weird things. So...yeah.

Incredibly so. WarioWare is known for being random and weird and Mona has the weirdest games in WarioWare history.

Uniqueness rating: B+ rank
She can be a very wacky addition to the roster with her "out of the blue" microgame/job combos in Smash. But like I said earlier, she could easily be like the Villager and Game & Watch if without at least one gimmick like some attacks with random out comes.

Potential Moveset
Standard Attacks
Combo: Cupsy Daisy: Mona swings twice with a cup and ball toy with the final hit being a loopable combo.
Side Tilt: Toilet Training: Mona pints in both directions with a pair of light signals.
Up Tilt: Balancing Act: Mona tilts her finger up while balancing an umbrella with it.
Down Tilt: Nighttime Allergies: She does a powerful sneeze towards the ground.

Smash attacks
Side Smash: Twirling Stick Smash: Here she grabs her baton and smashes it. Ouch! O.o
Up Smash: Cheer up!: She got pompoms and smash them upward. Just like cheering. But these pompom’s hurt.
Down Smash: Split Kick: This is an easy one. She just splits.
Of course, you need to load a little of the attack before you can use them. with C-stick you can use them almost direct.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial: Universal Marionette: She faces forward and fails all her limbs around.
Front Aerial: Butterfingers: Mona swipes at her foe with a hot piece of toast.
Back Aerial: Fancy Footwork: Mona kicks backwards at an arc.
Up Aerial: Boom Box: A white box appears above her. When exposed to a foe, it explodes just like when the firework gets in the box from the actual microgame.
Down Aerial: Barrel Roll: Mona does a barrel role while facing downwards. ,

Situation attacks
Dash Attack: Sweeping Victory: Mona's legs are swept backwards, causing her to fall onto her foe.
Ledge Sweep (under 100%): Cage Match: She jumps on the land and swipes a small cage at the floor.
Ledge Sweep (over 100%): It Slices, It Dices: She climbs up on land, and does a slashing motion.
Get up attack (under 100%): Star Struck: She strikes her foe with a tiny shiruken.
Get Up Attack (over 100%): Crayon Epic: She does a deadly shield attack with a blue crayon shield. .

Special Attacks!
Neutral Special: Hot Slice: Mona throws a slice of pizza at her foe. The toppings determine the damage. Cheese(65% chance)=low damage, Pepperoni(20% chance)=medium damage, Supreme(10% chance)=heavy damage, Hawaiian(5% chance)=severe

Side Special: Moped Rush: Mona summons her scooter and rides it an any direction. The fast it moves, the more damage and knockback it will cause. She can hop on or off whenever she needs to. It will disappear after a while or be destroyed.

Up Special: Monette Rope: Mona raises out her arm as a few Monettes (3) to reach out diagonally. If the last Monette grabs a ledge, Mona blows her whistle and her minions would pull her to the ledge. It is a tether recovery moves like Olimar's Pikmin Rope, but the number of Monettes appear at random to make it a risky move. Three would be 50%, two would be 35%, and one would be 15%.
Down Special: Pet Summon: Mona blows on her whistle to summon at least one of her trusty pets to aide her in battle momentarily. Piggy (50%) would kick soccer balls at his foes. The elephant (35%) would squirt sludge to damage and shove his foes away in a large squirt. The Chimp (15%) would launch a banana peel to trip anyone in the way or who walks onto it. Each pet can only attack a few times until they disappear or die easily in one hit.
Grabs and Throws:
Grab: Pyoro: She uses the infamous red bird to grab the foe with his long sticky tongue.
Pummel: Hand Me Down: She whacks the foe with a leek.
Front Throw: Crash, Test Dummy: She inflates an airbag to knock the foe away.
Backwards Throw: Paper Plane: Mona tosses her foe backwards with the addition of a paper airplane for more damage.
Up Throw: Fan Boy: She makes the foe float by fanning a large paper fan before striking him/her with it afterwards.
Down Throw: Swap Team: Mona notices a fly on the foes face and smashes the his/her face with a flyswatter out of fear.

Misc. Animations
Sleeping: She kind of faints and lies on the ground. Her breathing is slow and gently.
Stunned: She tries to balance herself while taking steps forward and backward.

Final Smash:
Rock Out!
Mona faces the player and takes out her guitar to rock out with her band members, the Hot Slices. This lasts for 15 seconds. Dodging isn’t easy. Each strum emits a large orange soundwave to shock near by players. The more she strums the bigger the waves get. When it's over Art and Decko would disappear and Mona would put up her guitar.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Mona: A-
The only move I see her sharing with anybody is Motorcycle. (Wario')
Captain Syrup: A
Could use some coins and everything Wario does in WarioLand, because WarioWare Wario is who we have.
Jimmy T: No clue.
Stork: A-
Not much moveset potential, but a very light flying character is unique compared to say.... Charizard.
I'm not sure what he'd do, but the concept is unique.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Mona

Grade: A+

I can see Mona easily being a character with her cheerleading baton (using it like a bo staff), along with using random items such as pizza, a flashing camera and anything from the micrograms. We don't have any character using a bo staff. Plus, Smash needs more teenagers :troll:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
"the Stork (because Kamek deconfirmed)" wat...
You should count baby yoshi, i dont know, i really think is the most likely yoshi character at this point.

Stork means birth :zerosuitsamus::sheik:
Something people didnt give credit enough to the mayority of the characters is the shape of their body and the moveset potential that comes naturally from them (i know, everybody is thinking in the babies).
First of, expresso
ant the the "crane", a very known martial art's pose:

These 2 points (?) makes me think stork is going to be some kind of martial artist with huge hitbox areas, repelling projectiles with his wings and a great air controll.

No clue to know what specials could really use but...

Neutral B:
both in air and ground, launch many feathers the longer it charges. Each feather is launched under the previous with a decreasing angle, and at the maximum load the last feather is thrown below stork.
Up B:
if used in ground can be used again in air.
Side B:
imagine this in the aire :L kinda like marth's sword dance but with more range.

Down B:
Like homing attack it goes to the opponent automatically and then jumps back safe. You can jump again after doing it, i think it gives a really good air controll.

Now my favorite FS from the stork thread:
(by Crap-Zapper)
Final Smash:
"Bomb Delivery"
Like Diddy and Yoshi he starts to fly, and drops bombs down from a white bag it carries with it's mouth.
- -
Maybe the babies should drop the bombs in the Final Smash?
Glide is not a technique anymore sadly.

- -
@Crap-Zapper
@legendofrob1
@ Pacack Pacack
Something to say? no? ok.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mona: A

Mona has so much to pull from that it's ridiculous. I don't think I really need to explain with what others have said.

Stork: B+

Definitely more unique than people give him credit for. Being able to use the baby powers from YIDS and being a large, aerial-based fighter gives him a lot to work with. While not obviously unique at first glance, keep in mind that we don't have a character that's terrible on the ground and beastly in the air.

andimidna

Smash Master
Mona: A

Mona has so much to pull from that it's ridiculous. I don't think I really need to explain with what others have said.

Stork: B+

Definitely more unique than people give him credit for. Being able to use the baby powers from YIDS and being a large, aerial-based fighter gives him a lot to work with. While not obviously unique at first glance, keep in mind that we don't have a character that's terrible on the ground and beastly in the air.
Well, Jigglypuff kind of fits that description, but we don't have her yet. So I can understand using that comparison.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alrighty here comes the last day for the veteran franchises.

Today we are rating 3 Pikmin characters, two whom are captains and one is a trio. Alph, Louie, and the Alph, Brittany Charlie Trio.

Remember analyses are recommend, but giving a grade is fine. ;)

andimidna

Smash Master
Alph: The only thing unique here would be rock pikmin
Alone...? I honestly think a D
Louie: D-
He doesn't even have the rock pikmin Alph has
Pikmin Thrio: A+
3 characters moving around together has not been done before. And is very unique.
They could use all the pikmin types in different ways, especially the new 2. As the Pikmin wouldn't be behind them, it would be like Toad, where they are thrown out of nowhere. The 3ds wouldn't allow 4 people to play as a team of 3 with 3 Pikmin behind them, that's just how I see it working.
I think it would be neat to see flying Pikmin not as a recovery, but to work like the Beetle.
You throw it and it picks up an opponent and flies away.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Don't quite have the time today to do a proper analysis I'm afraid, but...

I just want to point out that whilst Louie doesn't have Rock Pikmin like Alph does(or indeed the Alph, Britany, Charlie combo) he is "The King of Bugs" and thus may not even need to use the Pikmin themselves.

Having control over the Titan Weevil for example may give Louie a unique edge albeit make him similar to previously rated Porky in that he'd be like a Mech fighter. I think Louie, if he took this route, could be plenty more unique than the Pikmin 3 captains.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm going to give Alph and Louie a D+ on this one, since I feel they won't be much different, now that Flying Pikmin is Olimar's recovery.
As for the Alph, Brittany, Charlie trio, I am going to give a A- since at least a trio would be unique, but the moves from them would be the same.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Actually I plan to do something else Koopaul. Thanks for all the ratings for Brawl veteran franchises,
This week we are rating Kid Icarus characters and Mario characters. We will rate characters from Dark Pit to Hades to Toad (Because why not) and Bowser Jr.
Today we will be rating Hades and Medusa. Can Medusa prove that her stone turning powers prove unique to be on the top of the list? And can Hades prove that his bizarre trolling powers prove to be fun and unique enough from the rest of the Smash cast.

Remember analyses are recommended, but giving a grade is fine. ;)

Tagging @majora_787 @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic for Medusa.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, let's try! I'll assume Palutena is in the game for theses.

The Queen of Darkness, Medusa

- Medusa has many projectiles, claws, a staff, and various abilities like a teleportation. She can also become Monsterous Medusa as a Final Smash, being a floating head. Quoting Palutena, "Is there any parts of her that ISN'T a weapon?"

- Medusa can become a character that inflict conditions. She can poison people and turn them into stone. She can also set floating mines.

-A character whose moveset is based on conditions is unique.
About moves, Turning foes into stone is a disabling technique, like Mewtwo's disable and Jigglypuff's sing. She can Teleport like Zelda and Sheik. Poison is totally unique among the characters. Her mines are traps, like Snake.

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.
-Foes turned into stone can act as heavy objects and be thrown like crate. Also, they can become heavier and fall quickly in the air. Her teleport is unique visual wise. The mines can be set mid air, compared to Snake's one.
Also, thoses moves can act differently, not having much knockback but inflicting various conditions.

-Medusa can be a character that must be played in a sadistic manner, toying with the foes by turning them into stone, poisoning them, teleporting and setting floating mines. It can be really fun.

-Being a female villain, she is really different to the other smash sisters. Nobody have snakes in their hair, nor every humans characters have claw-like hands. Her clothing style goes along Pit and Palutena, being of greek influence, but she have unique, assymetrical clothes. Her "tatoo" on her face is also unique. According to the anime short, she can also transform into a snake. (I also want the mention her voice. This goes along the fact she is a villain)

-All of the abilities mentionned earlier comes from her boss battle in Uprising, except for the stone gaze, but it is mentionned in the game and seen in the anime short, so it absolutely fit her.

To me, she definitely is an S character (it may be a bit biased :awesome:). Unique as a character, unique in look and unique in abilities.

Hades, the true Master of the Underworld
-His whole body have weapons on it. He have a great physical strenght, can make shockwaves and is able to shoot many projectiles and lasers. He can also protect himself with his cape.

-According to his boss battles, Hades is not that much unique. He can shoot simple damaging projectiles, and his abilities to punch quickly and do dive quicks is similar to Falcon neutral A combo and Down-B, while is tornado can be similar to Metaknight's neutral-B.

-He his the big bad guy of his game, like Bowser, Ganondorf and somewhat Dedede. Smash Bros wise, he can be similar to Falcon and Ganondorf.

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.

-Being quick and strong, he share some similarities with Falcon, and being a human-shaped villain, he his quite similar to Ganondorf. His projectiles are just damaging projectiles.

-Hades can end up as a heavy bruiser. While is abilities seems really strong, they may not end up being really unique.

-Hades is human shaped, but have a unique, organic look.

All of these abilities have been taken from Kid Icarus Uprising, so yes.

To me, Hades ends with a B-.
A unique, lovable villain that can't bring that much to Smash Bros. the main problem is the fact that there's not that much things adaptable from his boss battle. Only 1 part out of 4 have material that doesn't fit a boss battle, and thoses options are simple physical strenght.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Dark Queen Medusa
- Medusa has various projectiles, reptilian claws, a staff, and various supernatural abilities like a teleportation. She can also become her cyclopean form as a Final Smash, being a floating head.

- Medusa can become a character that inflict status conditions ranging for her petryfying stare to poison curses. She can also set floating mines of darkness.

-She's a character whose moveset is based on conditions, making her more unique than the inevitable Palutena.
About moves, the petrifying stare is a disabling technique that is similar to two certain Pokemons' specials. She can teleport like both forms of s certain Triforce Bearer. Poison is totally unique among the characters, except for the White Pikmin. Her mines can be set as tactical traps, like Snake. But, there are ways where these techniques can be unique. Foes turned into stone can act as heavy objects and be thrown like crates. Also, they can become heavier and fall quickly in the air. Her teleport is visually unique a la *in Ansem's voice* DARKNESS! The mines can be aerial, compared to Snake's one. Also, those moves can act differently, not having much knockback but inflicting various conditions.

-Medusa can be played as a sadistic character gameplay-wise, toying with the foes by turning them into stone, poisoning them, teleporting and setting floating mines. It can be really cruel, even more so that a certain witch.

-Being a female villain, she is really different to the other Smash Sisters. Nobody have snakes in their hair, nor every humanoid characters have claw-like hands. Her clothing style goes along Pit and Palutena, being of Greek influence, but she have unique, asymmetrical clothes. Her awesome "tattoo" on her face is also unique. According to the anime short, she can also transform into a snake. (I also want the mention her sexy villainess voice. This goes along the fact she is a villain)

-All of the aforementioned abilities originated from her boss battle in Uprising, except for the stone gaze, but it is implied in the game and seen in the anime short, so it absolutely fit her.

The final verdict, she would be an A+ character for status related effects and her cruel attack patterns. Unique character, appearance, and attacks to the boot.

Hades, Overrated Lord of Darkness :troll:
-He's a living weapon of destruction with weapons of all shapes and sizes.. He boasts great physical strength, can cause shockwaves and is able to shoot many projectiles and lazars. He can also protect himself with his cape a la Meta Knight.

-According to his crazy boss battles, Hades is all bark and not that much unique. He can shoot simple damaging projectiles, and his abilities to pawnch quickly and do dive kicks is already similar to a certain hotblooded racer, while is tornado is Mach Tornado 2.0.

-He his the big bad guy of his game, like Bowser, Ganondorf and somewhat Dedede. Smash Bros wise, he can be similar to Falcondorf. :troll:

If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.
-Being quick and strong, he share some similarities with Falcon, and being a humanoid villain, he his quite similar to Ganondorf. His projectiles are just boring projectiles.

-Hades can end up as a heavy bruiser. While is abilities seems really strong, they aren't really unique really unique.

-Hades is humanoid shaped, but have a unique, organic look.

All of these abilities have been taken from Kid Icarus Uprising, so yesh.

The final verdict, Hades ends with a B-
A unique, lovable villain that can't bring that much to Smash Bros. The main problem is the fact that there's not that much things adaptable from his boss battle that won't be too scrambled or broken. Being a codec is the best role for a hilarious villain like him.,

andimidna

Smash Master
Medusa: A+
I think that her uniqueness has been described perfectly, she deserves to be right next to Palutena.

Hades: B-
I'm not seeing much here, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and bump him up to a B- (originally thought C+)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Medusa: S Rank
She's the only character in Nintendo, as far as I'm aware, that can turn others to stone on command. Obviously this would play a huge role in determining all movesets for the character. Throw in the ability to attack and grab with your hair (ala Bayonetta) as well as with a staff (ala Palutena) and you've got one of the most unique fighters around.

Hades: C Rank
...Maybe if he talked and created speech bubbles that did damage (ala Phoenix Wright in UMvC3) he could be pretty cool, but I'm not seeing a lot.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Medusa: S

I would argue that a largely status-based moveset would be as unique as Lip's block-summoning moveset if done correctly. Definitely one of the most unique characters we've rated so far. (If only she was actually likely...)

Hades: B

While Hades has an impressive arsenal of abilities to work with, nothing he does is something we haven't seen before, imo. He does have potential to be our first supersized character, though. That would be interesting.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sakurai need to do a what I call a "Kirby". Putting two newcommer from one of his serie (though it can be argued that Kid Icarus is HIS serie). But so far, it have a REALLY good representation with the items. We have actually the Ore Club, the Drill Arm, the X Bomb, the Back Shield and the Killer Eye. It's really good, considering the series "size".

I have hope.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Going to give Medusa an A+, the stone powers are new, but I feel it brings no new gameplay style.
Hades a B-, not honestly much potential is coming from the lord of the underworld.

D

Deleted member

I am a disciple of Lord Hades! I shall tag my master here! @Hades the Magnificent

LORD HADES: B+
He has a lot of potential going for him. He could summon minions, tornadoes, lasers, etc. The only issue that I see, and one that I sadly agree with, is that he might be more boss material. There is some stuff to work with, but not a whole lot.
Still, as Lord of the Underworld, his powers could be pretty limitless... I'm sure that he has some more tricks and moves up his sleeve that we haven't seen in Uprising.

Old, Boring Medusa: B+
Hmm... I see potential going in her too with a staff and everything, but I see her more likely to become a clone of Palutena.

A bit brief, but ehh...

Last edited by a moderator:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Bayonetta Medusa: A+

She is parallel yet polar opposite of Palutena. Both are very unique and have some similarities (projectiles, and staff) but also many differences. In Medusa's chapter 9 boss fight Lady Palutena says about Medusa "Is there any part of her that isn't a weapon?". Medusa can turn her hair into weapon probably to grab or bite others and use her ability to turn others into stone. Her orbs aren't made out of light obviously she uses lasers and dark purple colored orbs. Also unlike Lady Palutena's floating, Medusa is a grounded fighter that relies on teleporting to move around. Medusa could turn into her true form as her final smash, as she does in uprising before being defeated. Medusa's presentation is incredibly unique.

Hades: A

Another unique character to rate here. I can describe him more or less as a mixture of both Melee and projectile fighter. In his boss fight there are dark orbs similar to Medusa's that shoot out of his body. He can use twisters, face guns, drills, and summon minions. He definitely packs a punch too. He can be both floaty and mobile if he choses. Like Medusa he can use his hands to shoot lasers. The only reason i'm rating him A instead of A+ like Medusa is because he lacks an exclusive gimmick or ability but both him and Medusa are very unique.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alrighty, we are going to start the day with two more KI characters. Dark Pit and Magnus.
Can Dark Pit show that he brings enough differences from ol Pit to become a diverse character?
And can Magnus prove that his huge club is worthy and unique enough to become a playable character?
Remember, analyses are recommended, but grades are fine too. ;)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
As Cool as Dark Pit is the best I see him doing outside a Costume is an Assist Trophy
He would take to the skies and rain arrows down on the battlefield with his silver bow, then he would "Hhmmph" and fly away

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ooooh, I'm gonna have fun with these guys :troll:

Dark Pit, the actual clone

-Dark Pit uses some weapons that Pit can use: a blade, a club, a palm (a tatoo like weapon), a cannon a bow and "Dark Pit Staff", wich function like a sniper rifle.

-Dark Pit can use other weapons than Pit's one, but his most used weapon is a bow, like Pit.

- A multi-weapon user is quite common, with Pit, Link and Samus. Being a clone of Pit, he his very similar to him.

-Not that much. The Silver Bow is basically Pit's bow, but in silver. The blade doesn't bring that much novelty, using the ogre club would be very similar to the Ore Club. The EZ Cannon can give a basic ranged finisher move. The only original thing is the Dark Pit's Staff, doing more damage if the foes are away.

-Basically a more brutal Pit.

-It's Pit. In black. Stricly no uniqueness in look.

-All the weapons are used by Dark Pit during his chapter, so yes, it fits him.

I'll give him a C-, as it can be possible to give him others, more original weapons from Kid Icarus. But the character himself, yet really cool, can't bring that much, being an actual Pit clone.

Captain Useless
Mister Secondary

Magnus, the strongest Human

-The guy, in the game, have a big sword and his right leg to kick. He can also unleash tornadoes with his sword.

-Not really. Big sword guy with nothing special.

-A big, slow, sword user. We already have Ike. Also, the item "Ore Club" is very similar to his weapon (the "Magnus Sword" is a Club in Uprising)

-Not that much. Heavy swords attacks are Ike's trademark. The ore club already does his tornado attack.

-It can't bring anything new.

-A muscular human with torn clothes and messy hair, and a tatoo on his arm. Not the most unique, but we only have Ganondorf as an "older human character".

-Being a character that doesn't have many options, yes it does :troll:

It may be a bit biased, but it is an F for me. While the Kid Icarus Uprising gameplay is quite rich, Magnus is quite bland as a playable character. His problem is being a human, in a game with gods. He must be normal. Even with giving him a moveset, he must stay normal looking, compared to Captain Falcon super hero inspired moveset. He is made to have nothing extraordinary except his colossal strengh.
Also, the Ore Club basically steal his moves. Especially his Tornado.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom