• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Dark Pit?
D
He's Pit. But dark.
Ike #2?
F-
Down there with freaking Toon Sheik in uniqueness.
He looks a lot like Snake IMO.
Not only would he fight just like Link, Roy, and Ike have... But Ganondorf should get in with a heavy sword based moveset long before Magnus does.
Everybody can already have their own Ore Club.
I can't believe anybody actually wants these two over Palutena and Medusa.
These 2 are not unique at all.
Contrasting completely with Medusa and Hades.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Dark Pit: F
I think he's an actual clone of Pit and he looks exactly like him but with dark clothes.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I made a Magnus AND Dark Pit moveset awhile ago.
(Click Image to play music!)
Debut: Kid Icarus Uprising (2012)
Latest Appearance: Kid Icarus Uprising (2012)
Magnus is the mightiest human swordsman of all time. He has fought as a mercenary and is a powerful ally in Pit's latest adventure. He fights the Underworld forces to avenge the tragic loss of his child.

Statistics
Weight: 109 (According to this)
Speed: 4.38 (According to this)
Jump: 2.25 (According to this)
Falling Speed: 1.65 (According to this)
Special Abilites: None

Moveset
Standard Special: Charged Shot - Magnus swings his sword horizontally. A Projectile made of pure wind is then shot out forward. However, it moves forward at around the range of half of Battlefield until it dissipates. The Sword itself cause some slight knockback and decent damage. The Projectile doesn't do as much damage but it gives off some great knockback.

Side Special: Super Speed - Magnus runs forward quickly at blinding speed for about 5 seconds. In this state he will not be able to stand still, but he can jump and turn around (Turning around will waste a lot of time though). If he comes in contact with a foe they take massive knockback and decent damage. If he runs off an edge he will automatically grab the edge. (A Special animation is played for this) If he runs off an edge and it isn't grabable, he'll drag his feet to slow himself down, but he will be stuck in that corner until the time ends.

Up Special: Jump Glide - Magnus is given a third jump and floats down slowly. In this state he can (slightly) direct his fall and perform aerial attacks. This move does no damage and knockback.

Down Special: Whirlwind - Magnus horizontally smacks the ground with his Sword, causing a whirlwind to appear. If it hits nothing, the whirlwind is small and dissipates quickly. If it does come in contact, the foe will be caught in the whirlwind and it will grow larger. The whirlwind lasts for 3 Seconds before it dissipates. The Sword slash itself does moderate damage and the whirlwind does below moderate damage, but traps opponents.

Final Smash: Gaol Assist - Magnus calls upon his childhood friend and partner, Gaol to assist him in the battle. Gaol flies in the background and takes fire on opponents as Magnus is free to move around and assist his partner. Gaol's initial shots are generally somewhat weak, but they keep the opponent stuck in place for Magnus to go and KO opponents as they're trapped. Gaol is also able to charge onto the battlefield and ram into opponents.
(Click Image to play music!)
Debut: Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012)
Latest Appearance: Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012)
“A flawed clone of Pit created by the Mirror of Truth. He has most of Pit's strengths, and he can even fly with Pandora's powers. While he sees Pit as a rival, the two share a strange, inherent connection.” - Dark Pit Idol description

Weapon of Choice: Silver Bow

Moveset
Standard Special: Silver Arrow - If pressed, Dark Pit fires an arrow with some homing properties attached to it. If held onto though, the arrow’s size will increase and its homing ability will increase too. It moves slower than Pit’s however.
Based off of the Silver Bow.

Side Special: Shadow Spin - Dark Pit glides forward and spins. He dodges any attacks (Minus FInal Smashes) thrown at him. If overused, the distance Dark Pit moves will be lowered and he will lose the invincibility frames in the move.
Based off of Dodging in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Up Special: Dark Dash - Dark Pit is engulfed in a dark purple aura and flings himself into any direction inputted by the control stick. Hitting an opponent with it will cause the opponent to be caught in a barrage of small hits, leading into a large one that gives off the knockback. Once the move ends, he’ll end up in a helpless state.
Based off of an attack Dark Pit does during his boss fight.

Down Special: Dark Pit Staff - Dark Pit kneels down and takes out the Dark Pit Staff. Holding onto the special button will charge the weapon. Releasing the special button will cause a fast moving projectile to be fired instantly. It travels full screen or until it comes in contact with something. The further away from where it was originally fired from, its power and knockback increases. In the air, Dark Pit will aim diagonally downward instead of straight ahead.
Based off of the Dark Pit Staff.

Final Smash: Silver Bow’s Barrage - Dark Pit flies behind the stage and aims the Silver Bow upward. Suddenly, a purple reticle appears on the screen. Pressing the attack button will cause Dark Pit to fire a barrage of arrows above the stage so they fall back onto opponents. The player controlling Dark Pit can move the reticle to direct where he / she wants Dark Pit to fire. The Range of the attack is half of Battlefield, and he can use it 3 times before having to return to the battlefield. However if the time that this is activated exceeds 12 seconds, Dark Pit fires a barrage in the area where the Reticle is and will return to the battlefiled.
Based off of Dark Pit’s Special Attack in his boss battle and the special attack for Bows in Air Battle.

These were made in 2012, so I may actually have different opinions on how you could go with this now. But eh, I think they've both got the potential to be pretty unique if done right. Especially Dark Pit, I mean the guy has an entire arsenal at his disposal that Pit is not using.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Dark Pit and Magnus: D
Oh boy compared to yesterday's characters these two really don't live up to them. To me they're even because what one of them has the other lacks but essentially weigh out the same.

Dark Pit's advantage is flexible weaponry, although he's essentially Pit's model but with potential to use different weapons for a Luigified moveset. He can also fly unlike Pit, they can slap some of Pandora's powers onto him for a final smash. What hurts him the most is his presentation because he looks exactly like Pit but in black and shares the same stats as Pit weight, height, speed, etc.

Magnus on the other hand has a different presentation. He's a rugged swordsman with long dark hair, at least based on looks alone he stands out more than Dark Pit. Yet he lacks weaponry that Dark Pit has to his advantage, they could adopt some of the heavier weapons to his moveset though. However the slow and heavy swordsman has already been done and he brings nothing to the table seen as the ore club functions more or less the same as Magnus club. He's severely limited and lacks the potential that (too) many of his competition has.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm going to give Dark Pit a C on this one, he does have his Dark Pit Staff and other KI:U weapons to differentiate from Pit.
Magnus a B since I think the club could be a very unique weapon to use to summon tornadoes and air slices.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This week we are rating Kid Icarus and Mario characters. But since we basically got done with all feasible KI candidates, were moving on to Mario characters now. Today we are rating King Boo, E. Gadd, and Geno. Can King Boo prove that his floating body and sneaky powers prove to be unique enough? Can E. Gadd prove that his vacuums still prove to be great even after Luigi having the Poltergeist as the FS? And can Geno show that his powers from the heavens prove to be the top of the uniqueness list?

Remember analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is fine.

Tagging @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate for Geno.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We still have leftover retros, other modern Nintendo franchises such as Daigoussou Band Brothers and Fossil Fighters, we basically knocked out most of the plausible candidates, not too sure if you'll be interested. Maybe we could do deconfirmed characters too if possible.

Oh yeah, just an announcement for you all, I'm on a 4 day vacation on Friday, I most likely won't get the chance to update Saturday through Tuesday.
So what you guys will be rating on Friday are the Chorus Men from the most recent Salromano leak.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think this is my second(?) time here.

King Boo: B

King Boo has tons going for him. A large, light, floaty character who can defend himself by turning invisible at the touch of a button. This button would be the standard B, but after it is used it has a ten second charge time. It wouldn't get annoying, because you'd have an ample amount of time to beat the snot out of KB. He could also summon Boos, stun opponents by licking them(Ghastly line reference), and being a great character over all.

E.Gadd: C-

It would be a B if he hadn't lost the Poltergust, but he still has the Magic Paintbrush and the Time Machine so... eh.

Geno: C

He could have a decent mashup of other character's movesets, but it wouldn't be anything we haven't seen before.

EDIT: I AM SMASH LORD INCARNATE!!1!1

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yay! Mario characters!

King Boo: A-
I love the guy, and I'd like to see him more, but I'm not even sure how he would function in Smash. He doesn't appear to look like any other Smash challenger, he floats, and he's a ghost. None of those are in any other character so that's a plus for him. I think the hardest part would be creating a moveset for him. But if done correctly and it stays true to him, I think he'd be a really unique character.

E. Gadd: C-
Almost the same thing with this guy, it would be difficult to pull off a moveset. However, seeing how they didn't give Luigi the Poltergust in his moveset(which was dumb because it would have differentiated him from Mario even more) E. Gadd could make use for it and all his inventions. Other than that, I can't think of what he'd really do.

Geno: B
Geno could be a unique character, with all the items in Mario RPG and his special moves. He could use "Geno Boost" to increase his knockback/damage for a short time. He has Finger Shots, Hand Cannons, and a Star Gun, Fire Bombs, and Ice Bombs in his disposal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, for King Boo people have: He's a ghost, he floats, he can turn invisible

Ok, that's fine and all, but where is this MOVESET that would be so unique

What can he actually DO?

It's not like fighting games themselves haven't had a floating character before.

Ever heard of Shang Tsung? The big different from him really was that he couldn't be hit with down attacks. They would NOT do that for Smash, and most likely he'd BARELY be above the ground, and it would be only aesthetic, having a hitbox that did touch the ground.

At most he'd have a move like Pit where he could momentarily fly around.

Also, turning invisible? There is an item in smash that does the same thing, to EVERY character. EVERY character in smash can turn invisible.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
As the owner of the King Boo thread, I think it is my obligation to help King Boo get high in the tier list. I'll list all of his powers here and how could they work in Smash:

Summoning Boos

King Boo could summon Boos to help him. The boos would act like they d in Mario platformers.

Turning Invisible

This is pretty simple. He could turn invisible with a special move. He could also turn invisible instead of dodging, it would be like a normal dodge, but controlable, and it is impossible to see King Boo during it.

Creating Fire

King Boo can also create blue fire. He could place fire in the stage, nd the fire would be a hitbox that lasts for a short time in the stage.

Regenerating From His Crown

As long as his crown isn't destroyed, King Boo can revive anytime he wants. I dunno how this could work, but it is something to consider.

Creating Objects

He can create objects out of thin air, ranging from small things to big things like mansions. He could do what Toom Nook was suggested to do, placing objects in the stage.

Crown Beam

He can shoot a beam from his crown. Nothing too unique, but still not a cloned move.

Create Portals

He could create portals in the stage that anyone could use to teleport. The unique thing here is that
anyone can teleport with these, not just him.

Create Illusions

King Boo can create ilusions like Zoroark does. I don't need to explain how this would work as this has been said in Zoroark's day.

Final Rating:

S+

Take Zoroark and Tom Nook. Mix both. Add even more unique things. There you have KIng Boo. I think he deserves to be at the top of the list.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Phew. I felt useless during the KI part of the week. I know tons about the Mario series though(but who doesn't?) so hopefully I can aid here.

King Boo(ooooo spooky)
Okay, for the record I think King Boo's a bad idea for a playable, but a great idea for a boss. With that out the way, let's get onto a rating for the spooky king.

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Well, King Boo can float, is huge and can turn invisible. Teleport. In Mario games Boo's can be totally invulnerable except against light.
King Boo has magical abilities too; able to summon objects from thin air. He also can summon Boos and fire.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
All of his abilities have been used by a Smash character in the past to some extent;
Floating; Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Kirby, King Dedede, Peach and Pit
Teleporting: Mewtwo, Greninja, Sheik
Turn Invisible; an Item in Melee allowed this, also a mode in Brawl. Admittedly no character has had this one as a move making this one truly unique.
Summoning minions: Dedede, Peach, Pit(Brawl Final Smash)
Summoning items: Diddy(banana peels only), Wii Fit Trainer(Footballs), Peach(Veggies, occasionally bombs), Villager(name it).
Fire: Take your pick. Nearly half the Smash Roster uses fire moves.

However, none of these abilities have been used in conjunction, and thus King Boo is unique due to having all of the above to pool from.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?

As said above some aspects have, albeit it not together.

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.
Yes; King Boo's summoning ability is certainly unique in the way it'd be implemented. I'm curious as to how King Boo's float would work too...he seems to be permanently floating, which reminds me of Master Hand more than any previous floaty Smash character. I really hope he'd be tangible though. That'd be far too broken.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
Sure enough spamming Boos, Fire and other items at opponents would allow King Boo to be a very entertaining range character that'd be good for defensive plays. Most likely good at playing keep away.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

There is no one that looks similar to King Boo at all. Incredibly unique.

6. Does the moves and abilities fit the character well enough?
To a tee. King Boo's abilities would fit him incredibly well.

Uniqueness rating: Having to give King Boo an S rank. Again, I still think he's a terrible terrible idea for a playable character due to vital King Boo mechanics(perma float, invulnerability) but that's not what we're rating here. We're rating Uniqueness, which King Boo does have in spades.

-----------------------------------

E.Gadd
Not doing a whole one for E.Gadd, but need to touch on some vital points:

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Well, Professor E.Gadd is the inventor of many clever inventions within the Marioverse like the FLUDD, The Poltergust and the Magic Paintbrush. His inventions could be very fun to work with...

...unfortunately for the Professor; Mario has FLUDD, Luigi now (finally) has the Poltergust and Bowser Jr. is synonymous with Bowser Jr. rather than E.Gadd. In fact one problem for the professor is that although he has many clever inventions under his belt, other more popular characters are more associated with his most famous inventions and thus his inclusion seems a little redundant.

The thing stopping E.Gadd from being truly unique is ironically the rest of the Mario cast pinching his most unique weapons for their own movesets.

Uniqueness rating: D- due to everyone already stealing his most unique options...except the paintbrush, but if Jr. ever gets in you can bet he'd get that over E.Gadd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geno
Abstaining from Geno. Beams and blasts aren't super unique, but I feel someone else would be able to judge him better and more fairly than myself.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm going to give King Boo an S on this one, you guys pretty much convinced me that he's born for S Tier, the invisible mechanic for Boo is definitely an interesting thought.

E. Gadd gets a C, there's still many other inventions left, but it won't make him stand-out.

Geno gets an A-, the puppet has tons to offer and has a distinct look, but none of them are brand new in my eyes.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
King Boo: A-

King Boo has a ground pound that creates a wave and drops heavy spike balls that could either be explosive or roll around. He also has control over ghosts and can haunt objects and gain control over them in any way he pleases. In Luigi's mansion he has the ability to turn enemies into paintings or mimic whoever is in the paintings. There's no one that looks like him other than Kirby and Jigglypuff being round but that's about it.

E. Gadd: C+

He's an inventor but most of his inventions have been taken, other than the paintbrush. They could easily invent something for him or he can use the simpler tools from his toolbox. However he stands out in design because he's an elderly fighter and a genius. It's the lack of a specific weapon or trait that i'm scoring him C+ rather than a B.

Geno: B+/A-

Most of his moves, other than Geno flash, would resemble moves that already exist but they could switch them up a little bit to add his own flair. He's a spirit inside a wooden doll that has a very distinct look.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Some surprising ratings for Geno, especially for King Boo. O.o

Alrighty time to end this day now, today we are rating two well known version of Mario, Paper Mario and Jumpman.
Jumpman has an arsenal of hammers and oil drums, while Paper Mario has the ability to turn into plan and roll himself.

Remember, analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is just as fine. ;)

Tagging @ Rockaphin Rockaphin since I think he has good knowledge of Paper Mario.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
BAYONETTA AT TOP =D

also palutena should not be B tier. you will change your mind when she is revealed.

A at the VERY least for her

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Jumpman is an early Mario.
Mario takes many of his moves from his early/retro appearances.
So... not really unique at all. D.

Paper Mario? They could easily add him as a clone, but he also has the potential to be one of the most unique characters.
Visually he's not unique. But they could easily make an A+ moveset for him.
I'm not sure I can rate him.

BAYONETTA AT TOP =D

also palutena should not be B tier. you will change your mind when she is revealed.

A at the VERY least for her
Actually, she is on the A tier.
The line she's right under is separating her from the A+ tier.

Palutena has centurions and defensive shields as moves, but it's not much of a new concept in terms of moveset.
Actually, when we were rating Medusa and Hades I was going to bring up how I thought Palutena should be a bit higher.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I've been waiting for this one :chuckle:
Jump Man:
Pros:
  • Has a hammer
  • Classic character
  • Barrels involved in moveset possibly

Cons:
  • Not much to work with
  • Looks very similar to Mario
  • Nothing too new(except barrels in his moveset)
  • Hammer item is based off the hammer in Donkey Kong(I assume)

Summary:
I personally think this would be a very bad choice. Jumpman isn't really unique outside the possibility for being the first visually 8-bit character, a hammer(which an item is already based off of), and um... Possibly the classic sound effects.

Verdict: D

Now it's time for my most wanted, Paper Mario:

Pros:
  • Wide variety of partners to include in moveset.
  • First character that could fold into different objects including: airplane, boat, and wheel thing/log?
  • Has many items that could be implemented into his moveset.
  • Could potentially have "codec calls" with Goombario, Goombella, or Tippi.
  • Has a hammer that could potentially affect status conditions.
  • Has a FP system that could be implemented that no other character has(I'll explain later).
  • First paper/origami character.

Cons:
  • An alternate version of a character that already exists.
  • Stiff competition with Toad and Bowser Jr.
  • G&W is already flat.

Summary:
Alright so let me start with the bad, Paper Mario is indeed still Mario. That being said, he faces very heavy competition with Bowser Jr. and Toad. However, this does not prevent him from being a unique character. And I'll even say the most unique potential Mario newcomer.
So here's some ideas. Not only can you find a tremendous amount of potential movesets for him online, but here's an idea I created. I posted this in the Paper Mario thread:
Paper Mario could be a very unique addition. He could summon different partners or even implement a new mechanic called FP(Flower Points). As the match goes on, his FP accumulates over time and is able to do different techniques. For example: after accumulating a certain amount of FP, Paper Mario's Hammer could cause a side effect such as shrinking, dizziness, or his Hammer Quake. After using such move, his FP would lower.
I've seen people say this, and it kind of irritates me, but Paper Mario truly could not be a clone of Mario. I'll copy-pasta what I said in the Paper Mario Support Thread upon that topic:
It's kinda impossible for him to be a clone of Mario. He doesn't have FLUDD or the Super Cape. So there goes two special moves. He never shoots fireballs out of his hands until Sticker Star. Also, Paper Mario does not punch.
It wouldn't be Paper Mario if he had Mario's moveset. Paper Mario has four games as of now which they could easily implement elements from those games. Paper Mario can also switch dimensions. Paper Mario has a crap ton of items at his disposal. Star Spirits, Crystal Stars, Pixls, wide variety of hammers, and. . . I think I'll stop there.

Verdict: A+
The only thing in my opinion holding him back is that he's still Mario. And Game & Watch is flat.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So every time you attack you gain FP points?
I think that would be pretty unique, enough for an S tier since it brings a new gameplay style.
Well, in the games you would have to use an item to gain FP, maybe that could potentially be his Down-Special where you can charge his FP meter. That would be closer to like it was in his game.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
An FP meter as a D-Spec, I think that would be gaining powerful moves an easy thing to do, I don't think it's a good idea.
I understand, that's why I originally put it as him having to attack. I only said the D-Special because I believe Ivysaur in Project M could heal by holding Neutral-Special which I find a little more OP than charging a Flower Point System.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Oh I see, but I see no real need to have that as a move since you'll attack to easily gain FP points.
What would be his specials?
D-Spec I could see it being the rolling paper move you mentioned.
How bout the rest? Would S-Spec be the air plane move? Or would the airplane move be used as a gliding like Metaknight and Pit?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Oh I see, but I see no real need to have that as a move since you'll attack to easily gain FP points.
What would be his specials?
D-Spec I could see it being the rolling paper move you mentioned.
How bout the rest? Would S-Spec be the air plane move? Or would the airplane move be used as a gliding like Metaknight and Pit?
Up-Special:
OR
(Ultra Boots)
Down-Special:
OR
Side-Special:
OR
Neutral-Special:
OR
OR

Here's a brief summary of each:
Up-Special,
Parakarry, grabs Paper Mario and pulls hauls him. Not a good vertical recovery move but excellent horizontal recovery.
Ultra Boots, a chargeable spring jump. While charging, Paper Mario folds down and launches himself up. This would cause excellent vertical recovery and a high damaging move if Paper Mario makes contact with anyone while springing up. Horizontal recovery would be below average.

Side-Special,
Kooper/Koops, Both would do the same thing. Paper Mario jumps on their shell shooting them to which ever direction he's facing. While out, the shell can pick up items and bring them back to Paper Mario. This also does some damage with relatively low knockback.

Down-Special,
Lady Bow/Vivian, they could make Paper Mario "disappear" avoiding all damage for an amount of time.

Neutral-Special,
Bombette/Admiral Bobbery, Paper Mario places them down. He could hold them in his hand while walking around to cook off the time to explode.
Flurrie, while holding the special button, Flurrie could cause a gust of wind. This would push characters back and blow items away.

Now the Flower Point System could be implemented into his special moves as well. In the games, his partners also have special attributes that could be used. For example: using some FP points for Paper Mario's Side-Special could result in Kooper's "Dizzy Shell" ability. Upon contact with another player, this could cause them to go into a dizzy state like when your shield breaks.

Here's a list of potential abilities that his partners could have via Mario Wiki(NOTE, these aren't all his partners either, just the ones I mentioned above):
Kooper - Joins Mario after he and Goombario recover his shell for him.
Shell Toss - Shoots Kooper's Shell at the closest ground enemy (0 FP)
Power Shell - Strikes all ground enemies with Kooper's Shell (3 FP)
Dizzy Shell - Makes all ground enemies dizzy (4 FP, Super Rank)
Fire Shell - Strikes all ground enemies with Kooper's Shell on fire (5 FP, Ultra Rank)

Bombette - After he frees her from the cage in Koopa Bros. Fortress, she joins Mario.
Body Slam - Body Slams the closest ground Enemy (0 FP)
Bomb - Bombs the closest ground enemy (3 FP)
Power Bomb - Bombs all ground enemies (6 FP, Super Rank)
Mega Bomb - Bombs all enemies (8 FP, Ultra Rank)

Parakarry - After Mario finds and returns some of the letters he's lost, Parakarry decides to ally with him and collect letters along the way.
Sky Dive - Parakarry, while airborne, kicks any enemy (0 FP)
Shell Shot - Parakarry, uses his shell for a more powerful attack against any enemy (3 FP)
Air Lift - Can lift any enemies out of Battle (3 FP, Super Rank)
Air Raid - Flies around at a hyper pace damaging all enemies (6 FP, Ultra Rank)

Lady Bow - Forces Mario to take a deal; if she and Mario defeat Tubba Blubba, she'll release the 3rd Star Spirit, Skolar.
Smack - Hits any enemy 1-6 times for 1 damage each (0 FP)
Outta Sight - Makes Mario invisible, making him unable too take damage (skips Bow's next turn, 2 FP)
Spook - Scares enemies away (3 FP, Super Rank)
Fan Smack - Hits any enemy 5 times with more power than Smack (5 FP, Ultra Rank)

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Partners

Koops - Koops's father hadn't been seen since he'd gone off to challenge the ferocious dragon Hooktail. After hearing that Mario and Goombella planned to launch a fresh assault, he decided that he wanted to join them to prove to everyone (particularly his girlfriend Koopie Koo) that he could be tough like his dad. Koops has a Defense of 1, but can be knocked on his back like enemy Koopas. He has 10 HP initially, 15 at Super Rank, and 25 at Ultra Rank.
Shell Toss - Shoots Koops's Shell at the closest ground enemy (0 FP)
Power Shell - Strikes all ground enemies with Koops's Shell (3 FP)
Shell Shield - Provides a temporary shell to defend Mario (4 FP, Super Rank)
Shell Slam - Attacks all ground enemies and penetrate their defense (6 FP, Ultra Rank)

Flurrie - Madame Flurrie was a retired actress, just dreaming of coming out of retirement when Mario and friends asked for her help with a small task. She found their stories of adventure alluring, and decided that she would come with them to help as much as she could. Flurrie has 15 HP initially, 25 at Super Rank, and 35 at Ultra Rank.
Body Slam - A heavy attack on any enemy (0 FP)
Gale Force - Attempts to blow all enemies out of battle (4 FP)
Lip Lock - Flurrie kisses any enemy, dealing damage that penetrates Defense and healing herself the same amount (3 FP, Super Rank)
Dodgy Fog - Makes Mario Dodgy for a few turns so that he may evade enemy attacks (4 FP, Ultra Rank)

Vivian - Once a member of the villainous Shadow Sirens, Vivian decides that Mario is much more deserving of her help than her sister Beldam is. She has 15 HP initially, 20 at Super Rank, and 30 at Ultra Rank.
Shade Fist - Punches any enemy and also burns the target (0 FP)
Veil - Vivian and Mario disappear into the shadows and can't be hit by attacks (1 FP)
Fiery Jinx - Blasts all enemies with fire damage that penetrates Defense and leaves them burned (6 FP, Super Rank)
Infatuate - Confuses all enemies (4 FP, Ultra Rank)

Admiral Bobbery - Admiral Bobbery had refused to go out to sea after a tragedy in his past. Mario must learn his secret to convince him to serve as navigator on a journey to Keelhaul Key, and he joins Mario's party shortly after the ship's crash. He has 20 HP initially, 30 at Super Rank, and 40 at Ultra Rank.
Bomb - Damages the closest ground enemy (0 FP)
Bomb Squad - Tosses three time bombs that explode later (3 FP)
Hold Fast - Damages enemies that attack Bobbery directly for a few turns (4 FP, Super Rank)
Bob-ombast - Deals serious damage to all enemies (9 FP, Ultra Rank)
I figured that the Paper Airplane would be used as a gliding mechanic and the boat would be used for his swimming animation and the roll form would be used when he dodges left or right.
That's one of the most basic movesets Paper Mario could have. As you can see, there are a TON of options.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That's a ton you listed, out of all those options, I think the paper abilities need to focused upon more than just the partners as special moves since it is one of the more interesting aspects of Paper Mario as a character. (Although I like the Ultra Boots idea).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
That's a ton you listed, out of all those options, I think the paper abilities need to focused upon more than just the partners as special moves since it is one of the more interesting aspects of Paper Mario as a character. (Although I like the Ultra Boots idea).
Yeah, there's a ton of options for Paper Mario and I personally feel that he's overlooked. I understand that he's still Mario, and people don't want another version of an already existing character, but I think Paper Mario could be one of the most unique newcomers.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

Jumpman: The first actual Paper Mario :troll:

I give him D+

His most iconic weapon is the hammer but other than that there's not much to give him other than maybe barrels. He'll have to rely on his look because it differentiates from Mario's but he'll need some work done to truly stand out. Among the arcade Donkey Kong characters I think he's got the second least potential of the 5, Stanley ranking worse due to Game & Watch's spray move.

Paper Mario: A

This guy on the contrary isn't limited by one weapon and has more to rely on than his look, he has ton to chose from switching out partners and their exclusive skills and exclusive items. He can turn invisible with Lady Bow's power, use explosives, fly, he's got so much potential. His flat design sort of steals away some thunder from Game & Watch but they would function completely different and I believe it wouldn't affect him at all. Since he's had a lot of partners I would pick one from each game that way they'd all get some representation.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Jumpman, nice.

Have you played the original DK? is hard to get ussed to the physics doesnt it?
Well i want him to use those exact same movements and sound effects while walking and jumping, thats for start.

I like to focus on his classic cartoonish properties the most, i think thats where his true potential is.
We know how flexibe these guys are, the iconic "hammer space" and of course, super human strength... just think in wario with longer limbs, fire effects and DK power, thats jumpman.

Many sees him as some sort of sadistic "antimario" with creepy face, and thats exactly what he is :troll:
Just look at this video if you havent already pls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBgghnQF6E4
Mickey f***ing Mouse like to torture animals just to make music! can you imagine jumpman having all kinds of crazy sound effects while hitting foes? xD

Finally he is called "jumpman", so jumps should be pretty important to him, and the weird controlls could help in that ;D

I dont like rates but i guess an S+ is fine for him dont you think? :cool:

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Have you played ghost n goblins? arthur can turn around in mid air, but he cant change the direction he is moving.
Give him some range in his moves and im sure jumpman will be at least interesting to use, not sure about how DI and knockback will work on him though :p but nothing too complicated to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom