• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
From the pic of the day description:
The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
From the pic of the day description:
The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up.
Yeah that sounds really cool and unique to me. Nice. As of now I'm just going to assume that this is his only unique special and the other three are semi-copied moves.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Sonic:

Looks exactly the same as he did in Brawl. He is a unique character for sure. The weakest, but the fastest. This combined with his spinning attacks gives him a unique playstyle even if his A moves aren't the most unique. He deserves a B+.

Mega Man:

Metal Blade: Looks similar to Ivysaur's razor leaf, but with Ivy gone that makes the moves fairly unique.
Rush Coil: Looks a lot like Sonic's recovery
Crash Bomber: Not quite sure what to make of this, but its fairly unique. It looks like Sheik has a similar move though.
Leaf Shield: This one looks like the most unique attack he has

He also has a ranged smash attack. THAT is unique.

Megaman I'm giving a B+ for now because I'm not sure it he is going to turn out to be very unique or just unique.

S: Stand Out
A: Very Unique
B: Unique
C: Average
D: Semi Clone
E: Almost Clone
F: Clone

S: :4olimar:lolimar, :gw:Mr. Game & Watch, :rosalina:Palutena

A+: :popo:Nice Climbers

A: :4kirby:Kirby, :snake:Snape, :4villager: Murderer

B+: :ness2:SNess?, :4lucario:Rucario, :4sonic:Sanic, :4zelda:Excuse Me Princess, :rob:R.O.B, :4littlemac:Mac, :4megaman:Mega Mon

B: :4peach:Peach, :4dk:Dankey Kang, :4diddy:DK, :mewtwopm:Bluetooth, :4samus:Samus, :4pikachu:Pikachu, :4link:Link, :4wiifit: Wii Fit, , :4marth::roypm:Marth/Roy, :wario:Werio Ware Entertainment System, :4yoshi:Master Roshi

C+: :4luigi:Luigi da best, :4dedede:3DeDe, :4zss:Zero Suit, :4fox:Meleeeeee,:4charizard:Ball So Hard

C: :4mario:Merio, :4pit:Pit, :falcon:YES!, :jigglypuff:Jigglypuff, :4sheik: Shake

C-: :4bowser:Bowser, :ike:Ike, :metaknight:Meta Knight, :4greninja:Greninja, :wolf:Wolf

D: :ganondorf:Cpt. Falcondorf, :4tlink:Not Young Link, :falco:Falco fell and couldn't get up, :lucas:Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas

E: :younglinkmelee: Young Link, :pichumelee: Pichu

F::drmario: Moctor Dario

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I can probably agree with Cpt's grades this time, Sonic being the fastest does bring him some uniqueness and Megaman has a variety of weapons that have unique functions to differentiate from Samus.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I want their up b to work differently, like rush following you for some seconds until he disappears.
... this will sound extremely OP, but I would love having Sonic's spring springing opponents in whatever direction it's facing as it falls down.

As for Rush Coil, it would be fun if while falling, it works like
where on contact, it would pick the opponent up and attempt to Star-KO him/her if the player isn't careful. (It could also be used to the opponent's advantage, although he would have to be below a recovering Megaman in order to be able to use this to his advantage. Already a pretty grim situation with a faint ray of hope for surviving a KO)

Or if it sounds way too forgiving, then having Rush do a footstool on the opponent or something.
Although Megaman having TWO ranged spikes would certainly sound OP.. XD

----

On uniqueness:

SONIC:
Right to the point. I LOVE Sonic's moveset. Yes, it's full of spinning moves which look pretty similar. However, since Sonic was pretty dang weak in Brawl, the fact that a lot of his attacks looked almost the same, helped me a lot with the surprise factor.
My only complaint was the lack of a meteor/spike move, because that would have made Sonic mainers' life... A LOT easier in scoring early KOs, instead of taking it to >200% and still not budging the opponent.
But that's apparently been fixed in SSB4.

As he stands, there isn't any other character with a rolling-centric moveset. And although they could have chosen other moves such as Boosting, Bouncing, Stomping, etc, I feel those moves would have made him way too cheap. (And being the oldschool Sonic fan that I am, I love how he rolls for almost anything).
I would love for his Homing Attack to be more linear. But Sonic IS unique in almost every way.
Yeah, other characters roll, but Sonic had it first canonically, so we really can't blame him for being another roller so late in the SSB series.

RANK A-:
Great speed and low power make way for either an in-your-face type of playstyle, or a Hit and Run type.
Many rolling animations make him a bit harder to read, but visually makes it look redundant as well.
He looks unique, and he PLAYS unique. And while I love his moves, he could've benefit from a more visual variety, like the elemental shields for example.

MEGAMAN:
The concept of a ranged character isn't really new to Smash Bros. Samus had it first both in the SSB series, and canonically. However, Samus was pretty much limited to Beam types and Missile types. Megaman on the other arm-cannon *badumtsh* has the robot masters signature weapons to use, which come in all sizes and flavors:
Metal blades, timed bombs, tornadoes, fire pillars, flying mechanical punches, slicing claws, etc
So, in his own style, Megaman IS unique. Not as a concept, but as far as the actual projectiles go.
Furthermore, the fact that Megaman is the only character with a ranged JAB, a ranged NAIR, and ranged Fsmash makes him special already.
My original idea for a Megaman moveset wouldn't have made him differ from Samus too much in both content and concept. But Sakurai, like many users here, did foresee that using Robot Masters weapons was the way to go for him. And I'm glad I was wrong. :)

RANK A:
Unlike other ranged characters, Megaman takes it all to the next level, with a ranged JAB, NAIR, and Fsmash.
Huge variety of Robot Masters weapons, being different functions for a wide array of different setups on opponents makes Megaman's playstyle a bit unpredictable, but definitely around the Zoner category.
He only gets a points off for having a similar recovery to Sonic, since he had at least 4 more abilities (that I can think of) that he could've used. (Rush Jet, Item 1,2,3(mm2) Rush Jet Adaptor(mm6), Tornado Man's tornado Jump, Soccer Ball's secret double jump)

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
... this will sound extremely OP, but I would love having Sonic's spring springing opponents in whatever direction it's facing as it falls down.

As for Rush Coil, it would be fun if while falling, it works like
where on contact, it would pick the opponent up and attempt to Star-KO him/her if the player isn't careful. (It could also be used to the opponent's advantage, although he would have to be below a recovering Megaman in order to be able to use this to his advantage. Already a pretty grim situation with a faint ray of hope for surviving a KO)

Or if it sounds way too forgiving, then having Rush do a footstool on the opponent or something.
Although Megaman having TWO ranged spikes would certainly sound OP.. XD
I think that Sonic's spring should be able to work as a meteor smash.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Murdere-I mean Villager:
Pocket: similar to G&W, but different enough
Balloon Trip: looks like Snake's recovery, but isn't kinda hard to tell at this point
Lloid Rocket: I don't even know man...
Timber: yeah that one is unique

He's even got some funky G&Wesc A moves. His smashes are unique too.

Clearly he falls under the very unique category. I don't want to place him any higher until I've used him myself though.

A Tier

Lolimar

One of the very few character that deserves a "Stand Out" rating.

He doesn't feel like any other character when you are using him.

His moveset changes depending upon the Pikmin he has out (how many and what type).

All of his special moves are unique.

The Pikmin are almost like his own mechanic.

The whole reason for S tier on my list is for the characters who are so unique that I can't really compare their movesets to the rest of the cast. That is Olimar.

S: Stand Out
A: Very Unique
B: Unique
C: Average
D: Semi Clone
E: Almost Clone
F: Clone

S: :4olimar:lolimar, :gw:Mr. Game & Watch

A+: :popo:Nice Climbers

A: :4kirby:Kirby, :snake:Snape, :4villager: Murderer, :rosalina:Palutena

B+: :ness2:SNess?, :4lucario:Rucario, :4sonic:Sanic, :4zelda:Excuse Me Princess, :rob:R.O.B, :4littlemac:Mac, :4megaman:Mega Mon

B: :4peach:Peach, :4dk:Dankey Kang, :4diddy:DK, :mewtwopm:Bluetooth, :4samus:Samus, :4pikachu:Pikachu, :4link:Link, :4wiifit: Wii Fit, , :4marth::roypm:Marth/Roy, :wario:Werio Ware Entertainment System, :4yoshi:Master Roshi

C+: :4luigi:Luigi da best, :4dedede:3DeDe, :4zss:Zero Suit, :4fox:Meleeeeee,:4charizard:Ball So Hard

C: :4mario:Merio, :4pit:Pit, :falcon:YES!, :jigglypuff:Jigglypuff, :4sheik: Shake

C-: :4bowser:Bowser, :ike:Ike, :metaknight:Meta Knight, :4greninja:Greninja, :wolf:Wolf

D: :ganondorf:Cpt. Falcondorf, :4tlink:Not Young Link, :falco:Falco fell and couldn't get up, :lucas:Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas

E: :younglinkmelee: Young Link, :pichumelee: Pichu

F::drmario: Moctor Dario

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUEPIKMIN!!!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Olimar is definitely S tier since he accompanies a whole new playstyle that uses Pikmin to annoy enemies. Completely original design IMO.
Villager has lots to offer with his axe and pocket move, but it doesn't accompany a new playstyle to be S tier. So I'll give Villager an A too.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not much activity and excitement to rate Olimar and Villager. :p
Today we are rating the last 3 confirmed characters in our veteran list Little Mac's, Marth's, and Wii Fit's uniqueness and how they could be improved.
Analyses are welcome, but giving off a grade is fine as I always say. ;)
I'm not too sure what we will rate after that though, I guess we can call it a day to end this tier list for now until we have more characters confirmed. Although we still have Sceptile left that @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke could potential give his uniqueness about, do you guys want to do that?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Sceptile is cool. Anyways

Little Mac is a hard one. I imagine him being similar to C Falc, but i just don't know. I mean boxing is a unique style of fighting. Also Mac has his own mechanic which is cool as well as unique. I think the odds are in his favor though, so I put him up with Lucario at B+ tier.

Marth gets some hate for some reason. I think he is very unique. True he is super similar to Roy, but they both came out in the same game, and now Roy isn't even in game. Personally, I see the two characters as alternate costumes of each other so I just see the moveset as one. I put the Marth/Roy combo up at B tier since their moveset is unique, but not anything more than that.

Wii Fit, gah I hate rating characters who I haven't used yet, looks very unique from what I can tell. I guess exercise and yoga is a fighting style (???) so that is something we haven't seen before in smash. I can't really desceribe her with words other than unique to I'll put her in B tier.

andimidna

Smash Master
Have you ever considered re-rating characters?
The most notable pick is Takamaru, who has actually had his uniqueness reduced because of Greninja. I think that would be worth the time.
And so would Sceptile, who is becoming a pretty common sight on speculation rosters recently.

Sorry I hadn't been on this thread in a while btw.

Time for these guys:

They're all somewhat unique in the sense that none of them are clones, but they all have their movesets designed around only 1 concept, which hurts them. WFT has her Yoga Melee attacks, Little Mac has his different punches, Marth has his elegant sword swipes

I think Wii Fit Trainer wins of the 3. Due to the concept of deep breathing being pretty amazing, I hadn't thought much of it at first, but it alone puts her in a good position. I believe it either heals some of her attack percentage or makes her attacks stronger for some time, also it's able to fail, it's all about timing, and that's pretty great. Also, sun salutation is another move that strays from the rest's theme well. I wasn't expecting her to have a projectile, honestly. The ball and the hula hoops do help her as well. Overall she gets an A-

Little Mac's main unique mechanic is essentially just another punch but stronger, and his final smash gives him powered-up punches, and he has moveset variation for certain moves, but they're just punches in different directions, his recovery is him twirling up and punching, his recovery has him fall back and punch, his pummel is a bunch of punches, his throw punches you away, and the rest of his attacks are punches. It looks better in-game than on paper, so I will give him that, but he is a bit basic. So I can't give him more than a B-

Marth is a pretty average sword character, pretty basic. He's light, elegant, and hits swiftly, and I like his counter, but he doesn't really have anything that nobody else has. So he gets somewhere from a B to a C+

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Have you ever considered re-rating characters?
The most notable pick is Takamaru, who has actually had his uniqueness reduced because of Greninja. I think that would be worth the time.
If you can create an interesting long conversation with people about Takamaru, I might, but you really have to discuss it with passion. :p

Today will be our last to rate a plausible newcomer, he's a Pokemon who has leaf blades on his arms whom carries a stick to put in his mouth to gain confidence, his name is Sceptile.
Remember analyses are recommended, but giving a grade is fine. ;)
Tagging @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke and maybe @Rebellious Treecko for Sceptile.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Sceptile:

Pros:
Only grass type if Ivysaur is truly gone. . . :(
Good physical and special moveset.
Giga Drain or Leech Seed could heal from others.
Would stick out compared to other characters.

Cons:
His fast speed won't really be something we haven't seen.
Leaf Blade would be cool, but Greninja has some kind of water blade.
Hard to think of a moveset, especially a very unique one.

Summary: Sceptile would indeed finish the starter trio, but does Sakurai even care about that? Sceptile could bring some healing elements to the table. He has access to: Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and even Drain Punch.
These could potential create a healer. Of course without balancing, this could be very OP. Sceptile can have Agility, this could be unique. Take Wii Fit Trainer for example. She or he can power up their attack power with a move. With Agility, maybe Sceptile can raise his speed.

Final Smash: Frenzy Plant or Leaf Storm

Verdict: B
He has his merits, but I'm not seeing too much outside that I've mentioned.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A bit late to the party as always.. but I'll have my take on Mac and Marth.

Marth:
A moveset befitting a noble prince. No projectiles, no cheap tactics. Just straightforward fencing.
It's incredible what Sakurai could pull off for a character that only had TWO attack animations (that I recall).
It's simple, yet devastating in the right hands. Marth´s agility and range seems to be the recipee for high tier material, no matter what other playstyles are thrown his way from other more complicate characters.
Marth is definitely a welcome addition to the roster, with the world that he brought with his inclusion
I don't think there's anything about Marth I would change. Most of his moves are variations of a slash or thrust, so... that's it.

Little Mac:
Just as Doc Louis said, it's time Little Mac took his place in history.
A character who only punches. This is what should be expected of a boxing character, no more, no less.
Every newcomer character shown so far, has had a plethora of long ranged weapons and gimmicks that make them stand out somehow.
Among all that, Little Mac comes in with a very simple moveset (yet at the same time, slightly deeper) and a mechanic that sparked controversy. The KO punch.
Little Mac's trailer proved that you don't have to have flashy abilities or superpowers to be impressive. His trailer is probably the one that's left the biggest impression among gamers. Particularly about his KO punch.

The KO punch comes from the Arcade games, where it consists of a super powerful uppercut (in the arcades, not so much really) where it finishes an opponent in a single blow. This worries a lot of people.
But there are other characters with a 0KO hit, and are perfectly tourney legal (looking at you, Melee Jiggs), so I'm sure the competitive SSB4 scene is more than ready for Little Mac.
I see a lot of smart recovery options. The jolt Haymaker became an instant favorite of mine.

The only thing I would change about Little Mac, is having a STAR PUNCH mechanic in there so that it stays truer to the games Little Mac is actually from.
To me it seems that Wireframe Little Mac is the true character, based on the movesets I've seen, and the Little Mac from the Wii Punch Out game was a bit of the afterthought. XD I know Sakurai loves his strictly oldschool (hence Marth's sticking to just slashing and thrusting, instead of getting abilities from other units, or Sonic's rolling moves to represent the classic games more than anything, etc) but he did do a good job in representing pretty much all aspects of Punch Out in a single character.
To me, the fact that he's a basic fighter, with a deeper moveset, makes him unique.

Final Note:
Characters who "just ______" might come off as boring to a lot of people, but if executed right, they stay truer to their own canon, and if in the right hands hands, can easily inspire other people to try them for their simplicity of moves while looking powerful.

Being away for a while hurts my writing skills badly, so sorry for that.

andimidna

Smash Master
Sceptile is one of the few characters that is requested solely for a moveset. Think about it, the only reason he's being considered over other Hoenn Pokemon is because he's the fully evolved grass starter of that generation.
I don't remember my Sceptile moveset by heart, but his thread is full of them. One of the easier characters to make a moveset for. Here's a sample of what I can remember:
Down B: Absorb
This is a unique move that could work similarly to a counter, however, it would give damage to the attacker more similar to a reflector, rather than an extra attack. So I think this could be unique.
B: Needle storm
I don't remember what Ivysaurs move in Brawl was called at the moment, and I'm pretty sure this is what sheiks move is called, but oh well. I would like this improved to fit Sceptile by coming from his hands in front of him, and going in 3 directions similar to the Elec Man assist.
B side: Leaf Blade or Special Leaf or something else that takes inspiration from Ivysaur's side B. Leaf Blade could cause a sword swipe from a distance that isn't attached to Sceptile, I think that could be a nice ranged attack if they make it work more like it does in Pokemon and less like you would think it would work like in smash.
B up: I had an idea for this involving sprinting up into the air for an arched recovery, but most people seem to think he should have that Ace move.
Final Smash: leaf storm.
There's a lot of different things they could do with him, and since ivysaur probably won't be back, his uniqueness seems pretty good. He could be made gimmicky, but there are more fitting moves to pull from.
I think an A is fitting for Sceptile.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I see Sceptile sharing a lot of A moves with Falco or Sheik. He would also almost undoubtedly have razor leaf. The good thing towards his uniqueness is that the rest of his moveset is ambiguous. Grass is pretty much unexplored territory in Smash. Ivysaur had vine whip, bullet seed, razor leaf. Minus razor leaf, that is only two moves from the whole type. Sceptile could essentially have any of the other remaining moves. I do not see him having a mechanic, so I will put him into B tier for potential alone.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Ok, here I go.
Sceptile would be an unique Character because:
-Moveset based on plants. We really don't have it since Ivysaur is probably gone.
-Featured as a recovery/healing character in anime and in game.
-Solar powered.
Sceptile wo not be a unique character because:
-Humanoid body shape.
-Long and useful Tail, Some fighters, as Mewtwo and Yoshi have it.
-Fast Playstyle.
-Overgrow, could take the uniqueness of Lucario's aura.

Yes, we all know that Ivysaur probably were the most unique character in Brawl, since it was the unique quadruped character. Ivy/Venusaur would offer more to the game than Sceptile, but at this point, we all agree that the Forest Lizard have more chance.
Here, one short moveset that can raise the uniqueness of Sceptile:

-Side Smash: X-Scizor- An X shaped attack with the blades in Sceptile's arm. The blades glow green. High Knockback, damage around of 10-12%.
-Down Smash: Iron Tail- In this attack his tail glow white and its heavily hammered in the ground. Only attacks in front. High Damge, around of 18-20%. Horizontal and low knockback.
-Up Smash: Rock Climb- An horizontal jump followed by an X like cut upward. The blades glow beige. The jump is slightly high, and just after that jump, stones appear and raise upward, these stones push the foe up, to get the hit. A shock wave also hits in both sides of the lizard. The complete hit, stones plus X cut, lands High Damage (15%) and Knockback. The shock wave can trip the foe and land low damege, around of 3%. High shield damage.

Neutral Special: Solar Beam- A chargeable projectile. This projectile is really different of Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, it acts like R.O.B neutral, but can be charged. The charging time is slow, to fully charge it, is spent around of 20 seconds, but both damage (30%) and knockback are high. When in charging, the blades of Sceptile's arm, and the cottons of his back glow yellow while it moves rhythmically. These last ones keep glowing if the beam is fully charged.
Side Special: Magical Leaf- Acts like Ivysaur side special, but never misses if the target is near, even if the target dodge, the leaf returns as a boomerang and hits. Low shield damage. 5% of damage. The blades glow pink.
Up Special: Acrobatics- Jump, kick, kick, punch, slash. Meteor Smash effect. 15% of damage. If an item is hold, the jump is lower and the damage too. Also, it does not meteor smashes. The blades glow blue.
Down Special: Well... it can be...
Grass Whistle- A bamboo whistle appears as the blades glow lilac. The enemy sleeps if it is hit by the musical notes that goes horizontally in a short range.
Seed Bomb- Sceptile buries a seed in de ground as its blades glow orange. Works as Snake down special.

I'd say... B tier. A with luck.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Being a plant user, Sceptile could work as a nice replacement, if not spritual succesor, of the possibly ill-fated and already original Ivysaur. He could also bring a couple of tricks to the table as well. Moves like Absorb or Grass Knot can be implemented on his moveset as well, giving him quite an arsenal.

Here's a possible moveset I made.

As far as general stats go, he'd be a really fast and somewhat heavy hitting fighter, which may be a common sight in Smash, but his special moveset may make him a fun character to experiment with.

I'd put him on upper B tier. Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but still makes for a somewhat unique fighting style

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If designed correctly, Sceptile could be a great Grass parallel to Charizard and Greninja. We already have a heavy powerhouse-type character (Charizard) and what looks like to be a speedy mix-up character with reliance on stealth and positioning (Greninja). In regards to moveset potential and playstyle, I can see Sceptile being a speedy rushdown character with a heavy emphasis on being a Venomous Drainer.

It should also be noted that in Sceptile's PokéDex descriptions, there's a particular focus on how it deftly jumps from branches to strike opponents. Perhaps this can be incorporated by giving Sceptile some sort of vaulting mechanic where you can grab raised object and platforms and dash off them for extra jumps. Perhaps there would be a limit on how much of these maneuvers you can do in one succession before entering freefall.

First, let's see his maxed out attributes void of any modifiers: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sceptile_(Pokémon)#Stats

Its forte is in Speed, which would translate to a swift, quick hitting character. Smash has enough characters who fit this mark, but it depends what you do with it. its second strength is in Special Attack, which is typical of Grass types. It has decent Attack (dem leaf blades) and Special Defense at a tie while it falls on Health and Defense, making for a Glass Canon.

Now take a look at his movepool: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sceptile_(Pokémon)#Learnset

It's bread-and-butter attack revolves around Leaf Blade. this could translate into many standard and aerial attacks and maybe an enhanced special. Absorb is also a common move for its evolution chain. Along with that, it has access to Mega & Giga Drain, Drain Punch, and Leech Seed through other means such as TM. The ways these moves can synergize with each other could allow for some sort of Overgrowth mechanic. Maybe his Leaf Blade attacks will do more damage and have wider range. Its drain attacks could make for attacks where the amount of damage you sap in a certain amount of time before executing moves will have increased effects or will sync up for more enhanced versions of a move.

Leaf Blade, X Scissors: Could make for its main methods of attack; the leaf blades on its arms. They are at an awkward angle to be fending with a sword, so maybe it would work as if it were fighting with tonfas or elbow blades. The growth mechanic I mention above could apply. For best effect, they should make up a majority of his standards, tilts, smashes, and aerials.
Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Leech Seed: Moves to trade damage with opponents for heals and to store some sort of cap to enhance other attacks such as Leaf Blade.
Grass Knot, Razor Leaf, Magical Leaf, Bullet Seed: Some Grass specials that may or may not have been utilized already. Grass Knot could be a trip maneuver (especially on heavier opponents) or extended directional attack. Razor Leaf, Magical Leaf, and Bullet seed could make good side attacks or quick burst projectiles. Perhaps those seeds on its back could be the ammo supply. Maybe even boomerangs. All could be enhanced with Overgrowth.
Cut, Strength, Rock Smash: Ah, the dynamic HM. Charizard had two of these in its arsenal. Cut could make for a fierce version of Leaf Blade. Maybe it can cut projectiles in half.
Solar Beam, Energy Ball: Would make for good charge projectiles or beams. They would not necessarily be the same as an Aura Sphere or Shadow Ball, of course. could directly feed bursts of sapped damage for more damage. Oh, and we've all seen the devastation Solar Beam can wreak with Ivysaur in Project M and Pokémon Trainer's Triple Finish.
Acrobatics, Aerial Ace: Swift aerial attacks that could be useful for recoveries. Judging by Acrobatics' use in the anime, you could do some sort of physical motion to make a hard-hitting rush attack. maybe even something that allows for multiple attack movements to be chained for anti-air.
Quick Attack, Agility, Pursuit: More attacks that focus on cunning speed. Yeah yeah, Pikachu's got that Quick Attack down. Agility could have some sort of shadow clone effect or make a mirror image of it performing the same attack at a slight delay. Pursuit might be one of those attacks where you immeadiately target your opponent and strike first.
Fury Swipes, Fury Cutter: some ideas for jabs or mashable or chain specials. Could work in rapid succesion.
Toxic: you could release a plume of purple fog that puts the Flower effect on enemies. Maybe it would be at maximum size. although sceptile's speedy approach and playstylte would be better suited for racking the flower effect's damage through comboing or rushdown.
Final Smash: Mega Sceptile (hypothetical), Leaf Storm: Personally, I doubt Mega Sceptile would work unless some announcement of the Hoenn final evolutions getting Mega Forms at E3 or in a Direct before Smash 3DS releases in Summer. Take a look at Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X for reference. Sceptile's physical attributes will increase and its special attacks receive even more powerful effects. I'd imagine that the Overgrowth mechanic would be maxed out during this transformation. Leaf storm could be more straightforward. Similar to Leaf Kirby's Leaf Tornado attack, Sceptile would surround itself in a blustery wind of razor-sharp leaves that follow it around wherever it goes. Where the low of the fight leads would shift the course of the wind. Enemies getting caught in its would be suspended in DI-able chip damage. Maybe Sceptile can influence a beam of leaves pointing in the direction it wants. Perhaps the leaves will deplete after how much of them make enemy contact or are directed as beams. If we do get Mega Sceptile, maybe the initial leaf burst could be a finisher.

Overall, I would give Sceptile a B or an A-. Its typing has had limited exploration within the Smash Bros. franchise with Ivysaur. But Sceptile's physical characteristics and special attacks bring the Grass element to a new angle.

COME AT 'EM! I DARE YA!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Personally I would go for Leaf Blade for his Side-Spec, it would be sort of a quick jump dash attack like Mac's side-spec.
What about Leaf Blade being like a combination of Leaf Blade/Aerial Ace for his up special? That could be somewhat similar to Marth's up special

I would put Sceptile at B tier at most due to being a grass type possibly replacing Ivysaur with an unique moveset of mixed physical/special moves

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, this looks to be one of the most agreed-on characters ever rated.
Looks like Sceptile will sit comfortably right in the middle of the B solid tier section. :p

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
You could pit up characters that were previously rated and we can vote who we think would be more unique than the other.
Well, i don't see any reason to just stop rating altogether. At this point, you might as well add a rating system like the RTC thread.
This is a good idea as well.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That just seems pretty redudant of an idea though. We already know who's higher on uniqueness.
Though we could try having some competition like all retros fighting for the highest uniqueness.
Dixie vs. K. Rool etc.

andimidna

Smash Master
Correction: I meant to say nominating system.
Like... We could rate Serperior and at the bottom of their post people could nominate a different character. That's how you could make sure characters are being rated that people want to rate.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Correction: I meant to say nominating system.
Like... We could rate Serperior and at the bottom of their post people could nominate a different character. That's how you could make sure characters are being rated that people want to rate.
Hmm.... alright then, I'll try then.
You can go up to 5 nominations. :p
This might be a lot more work though.

andimidna

Smash Master
This could be especially interesting if the uniqueness of certain concepts gets rated. Like rating a character with a specific type of moveset, the overall uniqueness of a roster with a certain amount of characters, and maybe a day of character vs character like suggested before.

Is Serperior's day going to be when you'd start this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom