• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
For now:

Sheik: A- or B+
When I think about it, she doesn't bring all that much that's unique.

Toon Link: F or D-
His different weight makes him not a complete clone. And he has 1 different aerial attack where he swings his sword instead of kicking like Link, but another sword move isn't unique.
Same recovery.
Boomerang is different from Gale Boomerang.... By being less unique.
Bombs for both. Arrows for both.
Both have that shield gimmick, which is pretty much useless, but its kind of cool.
He jumps higher. So that's why he might be slightly above F, but definitely not above a D.
I don't care if people like Toon Link and want to rate him high, we're rating a semi clones uniqueness. So this rating fits.

D

Deleted member

Sheik
Grade:
A

She uses some quick, ninja-like moves. They basically took a character with little to no moveset potential and gave her a whole moveset.

Toon Link
Grade:
F-

Everything about him needs to be changed.
He is one of the biggest and most glaring clones on the roster. While other characters are getting new moves, Toon Link doesn't seem to. I understand; he's another Link, but that's no excuse to not make him unique. There are so many moves and abilities that they could draw from the Toon Zelda games and they went with none of those games.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Toon Link is a semi clone still so I'm keeping him in D tier, but upper D tier because of his different speed and weight.

Sheik received some new moves which is really cool and good for uniqueness (I'm assuming). Since we haven't really played the game yet it is hard to judge, but because Zelda and Sheik were split I'm moving her down from A+ to C tier. She is just too average when I think of using her alone. Her playstyle reminds me a lot of fox, but with some different moves on her. That being said she has a good chance to move up if her new moves make her unique enough.

Edit: Agh, I missed several ratings so I'll just post an updated version of my current uniqueness list.

S: Stand Out
A: Very Unique
B: Unique
C: Average
D: Semi Clone
E: Almost Clone
F: Clone

S: :olimar:Olimar, :gw:Mr. Game & Watch

A+: :popo:Ice Climbers

A: :kirby2:Kirby, :snake:Snake

B+: :ness2:Ness, :4lucario:Lucario, :4sonic:Sonic, :pt:Pokemon Trainer, :4zelda:Zelda

B: :4peach:Peach, :4diddy:Diddy Kong, :rob:R.O.B, :mewtwopm:Mewtwo, :4samus:Samus, :4pikachu:Pikachu

C+: :4luigi:Luigi, :4yoshi:Yoshi, :link2:Link, :4dedede:King DeDeDe, :4zss:Zero Suit, :4fox:Fox,:4charizard:Charizard

C: :4dk:Donkey Kong, :4mario:Mario, :4pit:Pit, :falcon:Captain Falcon, :marth:Marth, :jigglypuff:Jigglypuff, :4sheik: Sheik

C-: :4bowser:Bowser, :wario:Wario, :ike:Ike, :metaknight:Meta Knight, :4greninja:Greninja

D: :ganondorf:Ganondorf, :4tlink:Toon Link :falco:Falco, :wolf:Wolf, :lucas:Lucas

E: :younglinkmelee: Young Link, :pichumelee: Pichu

F::roypm:Roy :drmario: Dr. Mario

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So no ratings yet?
If you would like your input them please feel free to do so. ^_^
Samus gets an A- for her uniqueness floatiness and is the first to pull out missiles and blasts from her armor.
Zero Suit Samus gets a B for having a unique moveset, but her whip isn't really standout new.

andimidna

Smash Master
Some day I might just give ideas on how to make a lot of the characters better, because I haven't been so far.

Quick rating today.
Samus gets an A
Brawl ZSS gets a C
Brawl Samus/ZSS gets an S
Smash 4 ZSS gets a B+

I've been plying ZSS a lot lately, so I have suggestions.
Her down aerial should either be nerfed to the speed of Sheik's , or result in jumping up after attacking like Greninja. I play as her on Final Destination a lot, and I can't finish characters off with this move when in the air beside the stage because its so fast that she kills herself. And being able to successfully do this attack and live would feel great.

Have her down special do a kick automatically after a certain amount of time waiting. Or maybe have it happen right away and it will still work as an attack even if time has passed as long as she doesn't touch the ground. And then have her be able to perform this move in the air twice. I don't think it would make the move unbalanced, because it would work against using the move as a recovery, but would be awesome near the ground to trick people out.
11/10 times when I died as ZSS, it was because if her... up b. I get pissed just thinking about all of those times.... But it's been changed and that is amazing. Best move change so far in the whole game. Her side special needs more range, and to balance it, it can have a more specific sweet spot. A smaller hitbox up and down. But longer forward.
And they did her gun alright. But it should go farther, and doesn't need to stun as long as it did. It would take away some of her uniqueness, but its better for gameplay purposes that it doesn't need to stun past a first hit at full charge, and should move farther like other guns in the game.
They already fixed her A attacks by making them more powerful.
And a new Final Smash is guaranteed. But I don't have any suggestions. Just don't make it suck.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Kirby is fine. He's already one of the most unique characters at A tier.

3DeDe is less unique now that he no longer has 3 different side b throws, but he is still above average. He suffers a bit because Ice Climbers have hammers, and because he has similar, but less unique neutral b to kirby. I gave him a C+

andimidna

Smash Master
Kirby: S-
For sucking up other character's abilities.
It's much more unique than what Yoshi and Dedede do.

(Also... why is Yoshi on S tier? Seems out of place)

Dedede: C+ or B-
We already got a mallet/hammer character in Melee. And Kirby has one too.
The swallow move is less unique than Kirby's and Yoshi's
The recovery is kind of unique.
Gordo throw is a bit similar to Peach's vegetable.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Kirby: S-
For sucking up other character's abilities.
It's much more unique than what Yoshi and Dedede do.

(Also... why is Yoshi on S tier? Seems out of place)

Dedede: C+ or B-
We already got a mallet/hammer character in Melee. And Kirby has one too.
The swallow move is less unique than Kirby's and Yoshi's
The recovery is kind of unique.
Gordo throw is a bit similar to Peach's vegetable.
I don't think copying unique abilities should add to your uniqueness... maybe a little, but not enough to make Kirby S tier

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't think copying unique abilities should add to your uniqueness... maybe a little, but not enough to make Kirby S tier
It's the massive amount of possibilities that makes him so high.

What if he can summon a Luma after swallowing Rosalina? What will he take from Wii Fit Trainer? Villager?
It's not like it's 1 official copied move from a character, like a clone move, the move is inhale. Which was not taken from another character. The fact that other characters can't take moves, and that he has, by far, the most abilities in the game because of inhale, makes it notable enough for S- tier.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Kirby: S
King Dedede: S

Sakurai pretty much designed both of their movesets from scratch, of course they would be unique.
The only characters Kirby and King Dedede have anything in common with is each other.

andimidna

Smash Master
[collapse=My (current) Veteran Uniqueness Tier List:]

S Tier:
:rosalina::4olimar::popo:
A Tier:
:4zelda::4villager::ivysaur::gw::snake:
B Tier:
:4charizard::4zss::4link::4fox::4mario:
C Tier:
:4marth::4dedede:
:falco:
:4tlink:

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Kirby: S
King Dedede: S

Sakurai pretty much designed both of their movesets from scratch, of course they would be unique.
The only characters Kirby and King Dedede have anything in common with is each other.
How is 3DeDe S tier? His hammer is very similar to ice climbers and he has kirby's B move. I can see him being a B tier maybe...

Gune

Smash Lord
Kirby: A+
Kirbys unique mechanic sets him apart from the crowd, easily putting him high on the tier list IMO.

D3: B
Unique moveset overall with eye catching animations, not to mention its really fun to use.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I gave both Pit a C tier and moved Fox to a C+ tier. They both seem pretty generic to me. That being said Pit is likely to change because of his revamped moveset. Mostly Fox is just hurt because of Falco and Wolf though.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Visually we never had a dual blade user and an angel in Smash, I think Pit should have a slightly higher grade.
What Pit has that is unique
1) two swords
2) moveable arrows
3) flying???

What holds him back
1) the fact that many characters have swords
2) several characters have arrows
3) other characters can "fly"

Everything unique about pit is only sort of unique when I look at it. I think the most unique thing about him is the dual swords for sure. I think that is the thing that keeps him on C tier for me though. He just reminds me a lot of Link, but with less diverse long ranged moves. What doesn't remind me of Link is similar to MK. When we see him in SSB4, maybe his new moves can bump him up.

Same thing would go for Fox.
I do want to put Fox a little higher, but a lot of his moves remind me of other characters (not just the other SF reps).

His back air is pretty common, his down air is common, having a reflector is common (though his is unique to SF characters). Most of his A moves are very generic and when you pair that with 2.5 characters that have the same B moves, then his uniqueness falls in my eyes.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Pit B

Fox B+

With Pit getting an updated moveset, this can help him be a better fighter. Hopefully Fox can go back to his Melee days :/

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Pikachu I put up to B tier. Generally a pretty unique character I think. Still I would like Pikachu to have a different side special.

Lucario is B+ because of the whole Aura thing. The counter attack and similar nuetral special keep it from being A tier IMO.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I think Lucario is fair with an A since he has a unique mechanic of getting more power the more you get damaged. Aura is a pretty unique trait to Lucario himself.
Hmm. Hmm. He definitely could be A tier material, especially with his revamp in Smash 4. I'll have to play as him today. I haven't in a while.

andimidna

Smash Master
I forgot about Lucario's damage mechanic when I posted my list...
But he did take some inspiration from Mewtwo, so I can't give him full credit.

B+

PikaPika gets an A

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm back! :p

Pikachu gets an A from me. His quick ranged playstyle gives him a very unique approach.

Lucario gets an S. The whole aura thing is unlike any other character, even if the idea is slightly flawed. I think that the concept is totally underrated and Lucario absolutely should not be judged based on two moves he shares with Mewtwo.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm back! :p

Pikachu gets an A from me. His quick ranged playstyle gives him a very unique approach.

Lucario gets an S. The whole aura thing is unlike any other character, even if the idea is slightly flawed. I think that the concept is totally underrated and Lucario absolutely should not be judged based on two moves he shares with Mewtwo.
1) Lucario doesn't share two moves with mewtwo.

2) He should get judged by having similar moves with other characters. That is pretty much what uniqueness is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1) Lucario doesn't share two moves with mewtwo.

2) He should get judged by having similar moves with other characters. That is pretty much what uniqueness is.
Lucario shares a special move and a smash attack with Mewtwo. If you really look at everyone's moveset there are many moves that repeat themselves among fighters, even in some of the most unique fighters in the game.
I meant that Lucario should really be looked at not for sharing two moves but for his unique aura mechanic, which scores major points IMO.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Lucario shares a special move and a smash attack with Mewtwo. If you really look at everyone's moveset there are many moves that repeat themselves among fighters, even in some of the most unique fighters in the game.
I meant that Lucario should really be looked at not for sharing two moves but for his unique aura mechanic, which scores major points IMO.
I can agree that Aura scores major uniquness points. Not many characters have their own abilities. Still we should really look at every aspect of the character to determine the uniqueness.

I guess the side-smash is pretty similar, didn't really realize that. The neutral B is actually less similar than people think though because of the wave motion on Mewtwo's. But yeah, it's like comparing Wolf to Falco's lasers in that regard.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Charizard

Specials:
Flamethrower: copied
Flare Blitz: unique (and looks like its been taken from PM!!!)
Rock Smash: unique
up???

His air game reminds me of 3DeDe, but a little more ranged. From the trailer, he looks a lot faster than before so I don't think he will be too similar to 3DeDe. It also reminds me of Bowser so...

Final Smash probably isn't all that unique (Dargon Yoshi, Wario Man, Mega Lucario).

C+

Greninja

Specials:
Water Shuriken: The uniqueness on this one looks like it can go either way
Aqua (Water???) Jet: Looks like Lucario/Pikachu's recovery
Shadow Sneak: Looks fairly unique
Substitute: Looks like Lucario's counter

He really looks (as of now) as a mix of Lucario and Sheik. Becuase of this I'm currently giving him a

C-

S: Stand Out
A: Very Unique
B: Unique
C: Average
D: Semi Clone
E: Almost Clone
F: Clone

S: :4olimar:lolimar, :gw:Mr. Game & Watch, :rosalina:Palutena

A+: :popo:Nice Climbers

A: :4kirby:Kirby, :snake:Snape, :4villager: Murderer

B+: :ness2:SNess?, :4lucario:Rucario, :4sonic:Sanic, :4zelda:Excuse Me Princess, :rob:R.O.B, :4littlemac:Mac

B: :4peach:Peach, :4dk:Dankey Kang, :4diddy:DK, :mewtwopm:Bluetooth, :4samus:Samus, :4pikachu:Pikachu, :4link:Link, :4wiifit: Wii Fit, , :4marth::roypm:Marth/Roy, :wario:Werio Ware Entertainment System, :4yoshi:Master Roshi

C+: :4luigi:Luigi da best, :4dedede:3DeDe, :4zss:Zero Suit, :4fox:Meleeeeee,:4charizard:Ball So Hard

C: :4mario:Merio, :4pit:Pit, :falcon:YES!, :jigglypuff:Jigglypuff, :4sheik: Shake

C-: :4bowser:Bowser, :ike:Ike, :metaknight:Meta Knight, :4greninja:Greninja, :wolf:Wolf

D: :ganondorf:Cpt. Falcondorf, :4tlink:Not Young Link, :falco:Falco fell and couldn't get up, :lucas:Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas

E: :younglinkmelee: Young Link, :pichumelee: Pichu

F::drmario: Moctor Dario

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Greninja only shares a similar pose/move with Lucario from what we have seen so far. Sheik is pretty comparable, but their normals look very different from each other. Aqua Jet looks more like Pikachu's recovery only much slower, Substitute and Shadow Sneak gives Greninja some uniqueness by using the counter and dash special in a different fashion, different from Sheik.
I think Greninja should be given a B+ for now.

Gune

Smash Lord
Greninja only shares a similar pose/move with Lucario from what we have seen so far. Sheik is pretty comparable, but their normals look very different from each other. Aqua Jet looks more like Pikachu's recovery only much slower, Substitute and Shadow Sneak gives Greninja some uniqueness by using the counter and dash special in a different fashion, different from Sheik.
I think Greninja should be given a B+ for now.
There is some superficial similarities between the two chargeable neutral special, down b counter where he dissapears, a multi directional up b.

As for the rate im giving them both a B, the pokemon roster is really diverse and fun, Charizard and Greninja are no exception.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Man, its always so hard to tell before you can actually play as them :/

I'm hoping Greninja is more unqiue than he looks. Can someone tell me what shadow sneak actually does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom