• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
S-rank for... pretty much any RH character.

In Brawl, we got a taste of rhythm based combat with DK's Final Smash. So if anything, Rhythm based characters (such as Chorus Kids) will be able to get stronger attacks by attacking with the beat of the music.

Which sounds super neat in my opinion, so S rank.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So no rating since this day, saw this coming miles away. :p

I'm going to give them a decent A+ for complementing a unique playstyle with rhythm, but their combat isn't new at all.
Sorry, I can't help because I have no knowledge of the Chorus Men.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, I missed Kid Icarus characters time, though my only other non-Palutena choice woulda been Phosphora, who happen to be a trophy. x_x

As for the Mario series, I'm just gonna say Bowser Jr would get a B from me when he has the paintbrush, but NO Shadow Mario at all. Sorry bout me having to be lazy this time.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
As much as I like the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character with a moveset based around rhythm...it doesn't work.

Because for rhythm to work you need to have a beat to work off of. Unless the moveset's rhythm keeping matches up with every piece of background music(this would be far more work than it's worth) the beat and timing will be hard to keep.

As a result whilst it would technically be unique if it's done like that I don't see how it's feasible. Kind of a Zoroark situation to me in that whilst the idea sounds nice and unique, the actual mechanics just don't work in the game environment.

They could however, drown out all other music like DK's FS did in Brawl, but in doing so it means anytime you faced them you'd be robbed of the orchestrated music. Not really favourable either; I can't see any other player wanting the entire musical score to be used to just aid one character.

If the Chorus Men however are just using...I dunno... musical instruments for example, it's way less unique but far more feasible technically.

As a result though I also feel it too difficult to rate them. If it's a rhythm based moveset; yes it's unique, but it's also such a pain in the ass to pull off, I can't see it being feasible.

If it's attacking with musical instruments, maybe around a B+? DK's Final Smash and Barbara's Assist Trophy have done this in the past, but it's not like we've ever had an entire moveset based around it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The rhythm could be created by the Chorus Men themselves, once you get the beat into combo-ing in rhythm, you'll probably do real well with them. It's not real difficult to pull it off. They don't really need a musical score just to pull the mechanic off.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The rhythm could be created by the Chorus Men themselves, once you get the beat into combo-ing in rhythm, you'll probably do real well with them. It's not real difficult to pull it off. They don't really need a musical score just to pull the mechanic off.
Hmmm...I know you're off on your holidays but would it be possible for you to throw your envision of them my way when you have the time?
I actually do quite like the look of them(I had Marshall on my Smash Bingo card back at E3) but I'm having problems visualizing it, Blue.

Smady

Smash Master
The way I envision it, a special would create a note of music, then if you press it again it creates a beat, as it automatically plays using the same interval from the first time.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We already saw Miss Fit have her Deep Breathing use a timing-like system.

I think one of the exciting thing about Chorus Kids would be that it'd truly emphasize on focusing on the potential visual effects and "cues" through each attack, that could be added to each other in rhythmic succession. The only problem would be that Smash might be too hectic which isn't too ideal for full-combo-orientied attack strings, especially ones that shoud be kept on continuing to strengthen the character. I think a more "timing"-based, simple attack inputs (perhaps 1-hit to second hit timed well to strengthen it). In anycase, a lot musical + visual cues can work out well on doing moves which requires a good listening and acting into them, similar to how RH's games did their musical cues on certain actions in their game.

Also to prevent Chorus Kids/Marshall from becoming too reliant and predictable on their moves, maybe by doing some extra input, you can make them go "off-beat" and deal an weaker extra hit in order to catch your opponent off-guard. There's a lot possibilies and potential fun to be brought here.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
As much as I like the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character with a moveset based around rhythm...it doesn't work.

Because for rhythm to work you need to have a beat to work off of. Unless the moveset's rhythm keeping matches up with every piece of background music(this would be far more work than it's worth) the beat and timing will be hard to keep.

As a result whilst it would technically be unique if it's done like that I don't see how it's feasible. Kind of a Zoroark situation to me in that whilst the idea sounds nice and unique, the actual mechanics just don't work in the game environment.

They could however, drown out all other music like DK's FS did in Brawl, but in doing so it means anytime you faced them you'd be robbed of the orchestrated music. Not really favourable either; I can't see any other player wanting the entire musical score to be used to just aid one character.

If the Chorus Men however are just using...I dunno... musical instruments for example, it's way less unique but far more feasible technically.

As a result though I also feel it too difficult to rate them. If it's a rhythm based moveset; yes it's unique, but it's also such a pain in the *** to pull off, I can't see it being feasible.

If it's attacking with musical instruments, maybe around a B+? DK's Final Smash and Barbara's Assist Trophy have done this in the past, but it's not like we've ever had an entire moveset based around it.
This is exactly why I suggested a moveset based off of Marth's Dancing Blade mechanic for RH characters back in the Marshal thread. Here me out now: Unlike Dancing Blade the move/moves doesn't just stop if the timing is wrong. Instead, it just doesn't reach its full potential. The move still is successfully completed but not as strong as it could be. This also goes for the whole or at least most of the moveset (minus special attacks) so attacks can be linked together to rack up damage rather quickly. The goal of the player would be to time the attacks the best so he can get the optimal results of the character to create This conveys the theme of the rhythm while not actually being rhythm if you know what I mean. Timing is almost the same thing but easier to pull off. No punishment for missing the timing or "beat" and no trouble hearing a beat or rhythm. Marshal would have to be a somewhat quick and light character for this to be pulled off in a manner where comboing doesn't get to crazy and undoable which would be easy to do. I see Young Horsetail had a similar idea.

Blue Pikmin brings up a good point which was something I similarly thought of as well before. The only problems that I think arise with this is that the rhythm would have to be the same for each attack to prevent the characters from being incredibly easy to gimp b/c of the predictability (same attack used in succession). Once again, why a timing gimmick which links attacks together would be better or the rhythm would have to work just like a timing gimmick and link attacks together. Also, visual cues would have to be there because of how loud and hectic a Smash fight can get especially with items turned on. Not everyone is able to listen when we have a plethora of other sounds flooding the game.

Okay, now onto the characters themselves: (I am not actually doing the layout but giving general ideas)

Marshal: Easily the easiest to work with I'd think in terms of designing and playstyle. The most obvious way for him to work I think would be a Game and Watch-esque moveset with the added timing gimmick. I already mentioned how I think the "rhythm" should work above so I am not going to repeat myself. RH characters actually have an abundance of objects to work with due to the sheer amount of minigames there is. This includes things such as soccer balls, badminton rackets, test tubes, toy robots, widgets, beach balls, singing and much, much, more. Blue Pikmin, Pixel Pasta and I each have a moveset based on this type of thing so do check them out if you have the time here: (my moveset has links to minigames so you can see the origin if curious) http://smashboards.com/threads/rhythm-heaven-fevers-musical-mascot-marshal-moveset-added.345409/
Another way I can see him working is a simpler moveset based on music and instruments in general, though I think this would be a lot more boring and a little bit more uncharecteristic of an RH game. Maybe even using some of the visual cues and icons as parts of attacks could certainly be accomplished to give it more of an RH feel.

Chorus Men: I've done some thinking and a 3-way mechanic could really work though I think it would be shaky at best. I feel a switching mechanic where 1 in the foreground does most of the attacking and takes the hits while the other 2 appear in the background, are "untouchable" yet help with the attacks would be the most fair and unique way to pull this off. I think the switching mechanic would actually be very quicker and make it easier to pull of combos based on timing actually. This collaboration could also mae multiple attacks happen at once maybe or increase the range of what would be a small reaching attack.
Another thing about this is maybe they can actually have a couple joint attacks thrown in where 2 or maybe even 3 of them become vulnerable for the longevity of 1 attack which deals more damage than those that are solo attacks (think maybe a jumping joint clap or maybe 1 stands on the others shoulders and screams music notes while the one on the bottom does a quick leg sweep). There are many more possibilities than just that and it could really open up for some interesting attacks. Heck, I can easily imagine joint throwing and grabbing methods.
Finally, the shakiest idea of the bunch I thought of could be that possibly each Chorus Kid has their own niche (like singing, strings and wind) which allows for different attacks from each kid when they switch in (or possibly similar with different effects). The problems with this though is that it is similar to transformations which Sakurai got rid of, would technically be unloyal to "Chorus" Kids, would be extremely hard to manage and possibly very confusing for the player (even with notations or special things for each kid like different colored bows).

Based on all this I would give Marshal an A and Chorus Kids an S. This is based off the plausible ideas combined with the inspiration possible for attacks but points are taken off for another Game and Watch-esque moveset and although the timing mechanic is unique it is not something that has been unseen even though it is an expansion of it (Dancing Blade). In the Chorus Kids case, the switching mechanic and joint/unjoint attacks could be incredibly unique and enough to deviate them. Personally though, I feel the pure RH items would fit Marshal better considering he is more of a clean slate and appearance wise better for these types of attacks as well as the fact that the Chorus Kids have technically only been shown to sing and considering the name of the character (Chorus) it contradicts with what they would be doing (Soccer balls? veggies? I thought they were singers?!)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*looks at the thread title*

*reads "The Uniqueness Tier List: Super Kid Mario Icarus Week: Chorus Men"*

Oh, I didn't know the Chorus Men were Kid Icarus characters or Mario characters. :troll:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alrighty guys. After a big delay in weeks, were back to rating filler candidates.
After this week of rating, we will be rating veterans that have been in Smash Bros before and the newcomers in Smash 4.

Today we will be rating Barbara the Bat (from Daigoussou Band Brothers and was an AT in Brawl) and Starman from Nintendo's NES game Pro Wrestling.

Remember analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is just as fine. ;)

Tagging @ Koopaul Koopaul for Barbara.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Barbra the Bat: B
I see the potential for her; I just don't see much uniqueness. They could have a rhythm-based moveset, maybe as an afterthought for the Chorus Kids. Her game has lasted pretty long, since the GBA, and has spawned as many games as Pikmin, so I do think Daigasso Band Brothers would deserve a playable character, even before the dead Golden Sun.

Starman: A
Starman would be a grappling-centric character, which may seem too simple, but look at Little Mac. Grabbing has more potential than punching, and Starman would surely fit with Nintendo's colorful cast.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm going to give Barbara the Bat an easy A-, the rhythm based moveset is new, but it can't compare with the Chorus Mens' trio.
Starman, I'm going to give him an A+ for a high reliance on grabbing, but IC sort of does it too.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sorry I had a wedding to go to! What a time huh? Ahem anyway...

Barbara the Bat is the main character of the Diagasso Band Bros. series which already has three games in Japan and one in Europe known as Jam with the Band. Barbara was already fortunate enough to appear in Smash Bros. as an Assist Trophy, showing that Sakurai does know the character well enough to include her in the series.

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Just like suggested Rhythm Heaven characters, Barbara could have a rhythm based moveset. The electrical soundwave that extend from her attacks get larger if pressed repeatedly with good timing. However Barbara has other potential too!

In Daigasso Band Bros. the player has the option to choose a variety of different instruments to play, so Barbara could attack using a variety of intruments.
-She could toss cymbals like a discus projectile.
-Extend the slide of a trombone for a reach attack.
-Use a pair of drum sticks for a rapid combo attack.

But most of her attacks would probably involve swinging her guitar around like a bat or strumming it to send out electrical sound waves. When attacking, the hits will make the sounds of the intruments attacking the foe.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
Rhythm based moveset is something that hasn't been done before and would mostly suit a character from a musical game. Only characters like a Rhythm Heaven rep or Barbara would work with this idea.

However Barbara would use real instruments that would make for more intuitive rhythmic attacks that you could hear and harmonize with. The various instruments actually compliment each other, changing in pitch and tone depending on which attack you used last. For example, starting an attack sequence with drum sticks would start a drum roll sound, attacking next with the trombone will create a melody that matches the previous move. Creating harmonious combinations with the moves will send electrical sound waves out that increase in size and power based on good timing.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?
Something similar has been done with DK's Final Smash "Konga Beat". However Barbara would expand on this greatly by allowing the player to mix and match instruments.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
Smacking someone with a guitar or blasting them away with a tambourine beat would be pretty unique and funny. The sounds that will fill the arena will make the fight not only visually distinct but musically as well.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
Barbara is one of the few Nintendo characters that have a Punk/Rocker style with a mysterious flair of attitude. It would set her apart from the very feminine magic-using females that make up most of the suggested female newcomers. In her series she is known for her sarcastic and snarky attitude, often taunting the player and giving back handed compliments. Her ego and personality would shine through her fighting animations. She's also known to strike an awesome "Rock On!" pose.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
Logically speaking yes! Unlike a Rhythm Heaven character, Barbara really does play musical instruments instead of using mundane things, making the musical attacks more intuitive. In my opinion she's your best bet for a musical rhythm-based fighter.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm going to end this day now to bring up two more characters. I appreciate the analysis on Barbara Koopaul.
Today, we will be rating Kururin and Wild Gunman.
Kururin was an AT in Brawl from a GBA game about spinning your way through with your consistently spinning plane. Wild Gunman is froman NES classic that was all about reaction time to shoot your opponent.
Remember, analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is just as fine. ;)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Finally! My Favourite DBZ character! With Scat supporting Dr. Piccolo and everyone and their mother on Miiverse wanting Goku, it's about time us humans got some look in too.

Okay so he's obviously unique in that no one else on the roster has access to such an array of trapping and punishing moves; for example a moveset with Solar Flare would stun the opponent, allowing the world's strongest human to decapitate his opponent with a Destructo Dis-huh? Wait? Not Kuririn?

Kururin? Oooooh.

Well Kururin would be pretty unique due to the type of game he's from.

The main issue is I'm unsure how this quirky little puzzler that has you flying about would translate into a platformer where there's a heavy emphasis on gravity, and falling. Which are, to the observant amongst you, the exact two things planes/helicoptors, like the one our plucky bird hero pilots, are designed to avoid doing.

I suppose you COULD technically have Kururin on foot, but in doing so you'd lose his most unique aspect; a similar gimmick that Ridley supporters(and Balloon Fighter supporters) were clamouring for; advanced aerial combat.

The other problem is it would be a terrible representation of his game, something Sakurai isn't aiming at.

However, the downsides for Kururin, at least regarding uniqueness is...that's ALL he does. Our curly haired hero is limited to slowly traversing mazes in his constantly spinning aerial vehicle of choice...and not much else.

Spinning is the one string to his bow in other words, and Sonic has spinning covered quite well already, even if it is in a totally different way.

Kururin does have a few power ups of sorts to fall back on, but they don't seem to do anything overly impressive; one makes the blades appear wobbly for example.

That said, Kururin WOULD be unique...I just question if he'd be able to work in Smash as a playable.

Uniqueness rating: B. No one else quite like him, but he only really has one thing he can do and it has very limited options for expansion.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Oh, I missed Kid Icarus characters time, though my only other non-Palutena choice woulda been Phosphora, who happen to be a trophy. x_x

As for the Mario series, I'm just gonna say Bowser Jr would get a B from me when he has the paintbrush, but NO Shadow Mario at all. Sorry bout me having to be lazy this time.
HOW COULD YOU PUT PHOSPHORA OVER MEDUSA!?!

also... i agree that Bowser Jr is the best option for the Mario series and IMO shadow Mario should be added as a skin for Mario just like Dark Link was added as a skin for Link

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
One way Kururin could would is by having the plane as a giant rotating slow shield. Maybe it could used as Kururin's spinning "sword."
I would probably give an A- based on that playstyle.

I'm going to give Wild Gunman an S for having a possible unique reaction gimmick that's done in the actual NES game. Timing means plenty of KOs and lots of fun in my opinion.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not much input came from Wild Gunman and Kururin, as expected.

Today we are rating a retro duo and a fighter whom uses dinosaurs to fight, Donbe & Hikari and Fossil Fighter.
Donbe and Hikari could possibly take input of using actual Japanese tet as attacks as a form of combat.
Fossil Fighter uses various dinousar types to play as in the battle field, in a circular sort of fashion.

Remember, analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is just fine if you will. ;)

Tagging @ Marakatu Marakatu for possible input on the Donbe and Hikari.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I dunno about Donbe and Hikari, but I know tons upon tons about

FOSSIL FIGHTER

I am not at all over exaggerating. The Fossil Fighter has craptons of potential for a good set. If you don't know, the entire premise of the series is revive your "vivosaurs" and battle each others. This means that the Fossil Fighter's moveset is gigantic in that it can utilize the vivosaurs for battle. You have your standard punches, standard pickaxe, etc, but he could also throw fossils, Dino Medals, use KL-33N, and if you want, throw in Tricera for him to ride on, T-Rex to use flame breath, Ptera to fly around and stuff. He has so many tools you interact with in game that easily could be transferable to a set (Drill, Hammer, X-Ray, KL-33N, stuff) and this means that Fossil Fighter deserves a high grade. He may not have the variety of Bayonetta and Midna, but **** he has potential!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I give Donbe and Hikari an A- for the way they attack with Japanese text, I could see this being potentially lots of fun.
Fossil Fighter, I'm going to give him an A+ since he has plenty to work with the possibility of using a pickaxe as a weapon and the abilitie to summon "vivasaurs" in a unique sort of fashion, sort of how people suggested that Isaac would use Djinn in his moveset, but no new gameplay style is brought though.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I give Donbe and Hikari an A- for the way they attack with Japanese text, I could see this being potentially lots of fun.
Fossil Fighter, I'm going to give him an A+ since he has plenty to work with the possibility of using a pickaxe as a weapon and the abilitie to summon "vivasaurs" in a unique sort of fashion, sort of how people suggested that Isaac would use Djinn in his moveset, but no new gameplay style is brought though.
Ok, I'm fine with that.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Hey, I was tagged! This is an honor! ^^
I've never posted in this thread before, but let me try.

DONBE
and HIKARI

To begin with, they are a duo, so they would probably fight together. The fact that the Ice Climbers are probably returning is not an issue, since Rosalina fights together with lumas. Actually, they would be more like Rosalina and Luma, since Donbe and Hikari are very different from each other. I can imagine they having different non-special moves. They would feel like controlling two distinct characters at once.
Also, there are two versions of them: the kid form and the adult form. I don't what forms would be used. The kid forms are more iconic, but the adult forms have more moveset potential.

That's debatable. I think they would use their animal companions in their special moves, and that would be unique. For example, the side special would be an attack from Matsunosuke (the monkey), the up special would be flying with Ohana (the pheasant} and the down special could involve Ringo (the dog) digging a hole on the ground.
Hikari's non-special moves would probably be magic-based, similar to Zelda or even Ness. Donbe's non-special moves would depend on his form. His kid form would feel more like a brute character, like Donkey Kong. But his adult form have the potential to be unique, since he has a katana and there are no katana-users in Super Smash Bros. Yet.

Yes, with the Ice Climbers and RosaLuma.
3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.
Yes. Donbe and Hikari would probably have very different moves from each other. Popo and Nana play exactly the same, and, from what we've seen, Rosalina's and Luma's fighting style are similar to each other.

I think so. They are two completely different characters fighting side by side.

Very different. Even in their adult forms, Donbe and Hikari have a chibi-esque look. And Super Smash Bros needs more chibi-like characters.

Oh, yes. Donbe and Hikari would totally fit Super Smash Bros. They are classic, unique-looking, and had been referenced in lots of games.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Fossil Fighter has amazing potential. But instead of making him a stand alone who uses dinos (vivos) would anyone be opposed to him riding one 24/7? Throw him on a T. Rex and have them have a combined moveset.

The Vivosaur could bite, kick and scratch and the rider could rain projectiles for specials. Grabs could be cool where the dino locks an opponent in its jaws while the rider wacks the crap out of it with his pickaxe.

We don't really have a rider styled fighter yet and even better its a Dinosaur Rider.

Definitely an S Tier

I don't know enough about Donbe Hikari to feel qualified to break em down.

side note - is this kururin? ->

A little duck pilot? That's epic haha

andimidna

Smash Master
Donbe and Hikari:
I'm still learning about these 2.
Because of the ICs, a duo has been done, so I'm going to have to say A+

I've never heard of Fossil Fighter, sounds neat though.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We had some interesting results regarding Fossil Fighter, thanks for sharing it to us. ^_^

Today we are rating a Nintendo character that appeared in two US exclusive games and yellow giant that appeared in the N64DD, Mike Jones and Doshin the Giant.
Mike Jones has a yoyo for his melee weapon and baseball related items to aid in his moveset.
Doshin has an interesting growing mechanic in which he can possibly place mini villages and protect them in the battlefield to keep up with happiness points, which makes him grow larger.

Remember analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is just as fine. ;)

Will tag @shinhed-echi for his possible input on him.

Chase

Smash Ace
Alright:
  • MIKE JONES - C+ - Most of the stuff Mike Jones could do is already taken by Ness. Yo-yo; Ness has that. Baseball bat; Ness has that too. But by himself, Mike could be somewhat unique.
  • DOSHIN THE GIANT - S+ - Doshin has multiple very unique mechanics going for him; the villages, growth, Jashin...too much to talk about. But Doshin could possibly be the most unique character in the series thus far.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Mike Jones gets an B for the various equipment he has, but he's pretty similar to Ness IMO.
Doshin the Giant gets an S from me also for the unique mechanic that he grows and shrinks every time placed villages are unhurt, while maintaining a high happiness meter. This could be potentially lots of fun.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Good to hear the big guy is getting some attention. I figure Doshin could pick up and carry the village too. In moving stages he'd have to carry and place the village in safe spots.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I am now going to end this day now, we learned that Mike Jones wasn't as unique as he could be having some similarities to Ness and that Doshin's playstyle is something truly to behold.

Today we are rating 3 modern characters in a row, the floating computer from Nintendo Land Monita, Zael from the Last Story, and Aeron from Pandora's Tower. From what I can recall Aeron can use chains as a form of recovery and attacking. Monita could have theme-park inspired moves to aid her in battle. Zael can absorb energy from people and reflect them back as means of attacking,

Remember, analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is just as fine. ;)

Tagging @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones for possible input for Zael and Aeron.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Aeron uses the Oraclos Chain which would already provide a unique moveset based on the fact that nobody else uses one as a main weapon. He also can use a Sword, two smaller blades at once, or a much larger scythe.

Zael doesn't have as much going for him. He pretty much uses swords, and has magic, but Shulk outshines him there.

Between the two of them, I find Aeron to be a much better choice overall.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Alright, I can't judge Zael or Aeron but I can try and judge Monita!

I'm going to use your Q&A in the OP.

Well, in Nintendo Land I don't think she does too much. Her main goal is to assist the player with information about the attractions. However, I think there might be a couple of attractions that she assists the player in. Bottom line is that she doesn't have too much to work with.

No, even if you were to implement what she does in the attractions, most of her options are taken by someone else.

Well, No character is a monitor or only has one arm without legs so that is actually quite unique. However, we do already have a robot character and his name is R.O.B.

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.

I would say so. Yes R.O.B is a robot and I guess you could say Megaman is, but she's more of a computer unlike the other two.

Well, if they could even make a full moveset then I'd say it would be below-average in regards to entertainment. Like I said, I don't think she has much to work with.

Very different. No character has a monitor for a head or no legs with one arm. I think she'd really stick out.

No, playability doesn't fit Monita. Furthest I'm going to say is she could possibly make a decent assist trophy.

Final Verdict: C
While her appearances help her out a decent amount, her lack of an inspiring moveset blows her away.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Going to giving Aeron an S for this one, the chain combos he can do in-game can complement a very unique playstyle IMO.
Zael a C+.
And Monita an A- for what she can provide with theme-parked based attacks, but there is no new playstyle to complement it.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Aeron should be around S for his chain, and the fact he has several weapons he can pull from.
Zael, I'd actually like to see in lower A or upper B. For those who haven't played his game, something unique he can use is his "Gathering" ability where he basically gets the aggro of all nearby enemies. While being hit in this state (even if the hit is blocked), he builds up energy to use for Gathering Burst, an AOE attack which slows down enemies it hits. While the aggro part can't be replicated, the rest (building up power while being hit, even if shielded, the long range powerful debuff) can be. It'd need to be balanced, maybe with him being ridic easy to combo, but using defense as a means to charge a powerful attack is something interesting.
Monita: No comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom