• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Smash Ace
Hmmm. Don't know much about Ayumi, so can't comment there. However...
  • Balloon FIghter - S - Even though he's disconfirmed, Balloon Fighter has the potential for a very unique moveset and mechanics: balloons. For this mechanic alone, Balloon Fighter is incredibly unique.
  • Excitebiker - S - OH IT IS BEAUTIFUL! I love Excitebiker and hate Mach Rider with a passion, so the better vehicle character would obviously be Excitebiker. Hopping around on a bike would be amazing and very unique.
May I reccomend Villain and Boss Character Week?
  • Day 1: Petey Piranha and Waluigi
  • Day 2: Dark Samus and Mother Brain
  • Day 3: Leon Powalski, Panther Caroso, Andrew Oikonny, and Andross
  • Day 4: Tom Nook (get it?)
  • Day 5: Demise
  • Day 6: Daroach and Bonkers
  • Day 7: Giygas
Or perhaps Decloned Veteran Week?
  • Day 1: Luigi
  • Day 2: Ganondorf
  • Day 3: Falco and Wolf
  • Day 4: Lucas
  • Day 5: Roy
  • Day 6: Young Link and Toon Link
  • Day 7: Dr. Mario

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
YES! YES!

Balloon Fighter: B
How many diverse options does this character have?
He has a balloon pump, balloons, his spiked shoes, needles, a slongshot, his fists, a parachute... and not much else.

Are their moves and abilities different from the rest of the cast?

Yes. While Villager does have his glorious Up-B, Balloon Fighter can also use the balloons with other ways, such as popping them to cause a miniature explosion or kicking peoples with his spiked shoes. God this giy is awesome.

Has the concept of the character been done before?

Other than the Villager, no. No character relies solely on balloon to give him superior air prowess.

If so, is the character's way of doing it unique?

Already said no to this.

Does the character's moves and abilities provide enough to be entertaining?

Well, it could be entertaining as this guy. Ha has quite a few tools he has that have been mentioned above, though not much else to work with outside of that.

How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
Small, helmet, overalls, spike shoes, parachute, balloons... no one else has it.

Does it fit the character well enough?

If Sakurai's Melee team can throw him in there in Melee, but fail, then yes, he does,

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm a little late for this, and I'm sorry, I was away on my honey moon.
Thanks for tagging me for my input.
I'll have my say on Mike Jones now, if you guys don't mind.

To say Mike Jones' techniques are already taken by Ness, is like saying Villager could take over Little Mac just because he has a pair of boxing gloves.

I'm going to say something right off the bat (no pun intended). Mike Jones is an ace PITCHER. So he is a mean item thrower. His Yoyo is his default weapon for a reason. It's as if he could throw an infinite ammount of baseballs at his opponents due to the returning nature of the yoyo.

To say Ness can outmatch Mike Jones in a yoyo match, is like saying Ganondorf's sword taunt can beat Marth's swordsmanship.
Ness just swings the yoyo around in a circular fashion, Mike Jones THROWS it like a rock straight ahead (and it obviously comes back to him). So it's not only faster, but it's stronger too.

Mike Jones also wields a baseball bat, but this is just one of MANY secondary weapons.
IF he were to use the bat, the length of his arms alone, give the swing a much wider range, causing it to hit all around him, like a single strike of a spin attack from Link (just like it works in his game)

Other than the baseball bat, he has PLENTY of other weapons to choose from. A shuriken that splits both ways on command, bolas, lit torches, baseballs, slingshots, daggers, katanas, spiked balls, laser guns, etc, etc.

He also has a "psychic shockwave" which is actually more like bursts of magic energy than actual psychokinetic abilities, taught to him by Merlin.

His mechanic:
Mike Jones' mechanic would consist of him wielding a powerful Supernova (an alien-like morning star) which is strong and can shoot bursts of energy. This weapon would degrade into a regular morning star the more damage he takes, until it degrades into his regular yoyo. So Mike would be a character who powers down the more damage he takes, so he has to try to KO early.
The balance to this would be that the yoyo comes out much faster, and has less cooldown lag than both the shooting star (morning star) and the Supernova.
(Essentially, a KO artist early on, and a combo character at high percentages)

The psychic shockwave if it were to be used, is the equivalent of the yoyo in terms of this mechanic in the second game.

TLDR: Mike Jones is the PRO version of the yoyo user. He has a huge ammount of secondary weapons to use, but his MAIN weapon is the Yoyo/Shooting Star/Supernova (all three are flail like weapons that are thrown ahead, and return to his hand. Each, longer than the previous one, and the latter two detatch a projectile that covers some distance)
The gimmick to his playstyle mechanic is that he'd have some powerful and ranged attacks while % is low, but grows weaker and faster when % is high.

Any questions? :)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Going to give Ayumi an A for possible hilarious moves that relate to detective working such as the magnifying glass and throwing a suitcase.
Balloon Fighter gets a C- as balloons are already taken by Villager, and honestly there isn't much to bring with balloons.
Excite Biker gets a A- for unique kind of movement with bikes.

Also Shinhed, the degrading mechanic is interesting, great analysis. :D

andimidna

Smash Master
Balloon Fighter: D
At this point, if he's added it looks like the only option is a Villager semi-clone.
Balloons really only offer a recovery. And they're taking. Meaning that move would be copied over. That's not unique enough for S or B tier.
Also, the flippers are stage hazards, not available for his moveset like many speculated they could be when it was deconfirmed as an item in the bumper update.
So... what's left? What else can he actually do? That fish is also a hazard, I don't believe anyone actually thought that would be part of his moveset, but at this point, to be unique, he'd need everything completely made up. And even then, he'd still share a recovery with Villager. So while I'm one of the few that believes he still has a chance, the uniqueness potential looks very low to me.

Excited Mach Rider: B+
It's the same I'd give Mach Rider, he's basically an empty slate with a good amount of possibilities, but it would be completely up to Sakurai's creativity when designing a moveset for a biker to result in how unique he would actually be. There's not a lot of existing moves, but I've seen movesets that have suited him well. I don't like movesets that only try to be unique and don't fit the character, I've made 1 just for fun once for Midna's true form, but it wasn't serious. I don't imagine a biker being a very conventional fighter though, or being a semi-clone of Wario just because of the bike. The difference here is that Wario is so full of his own character and references, he's... just... Wario. And he's heavy, one of the heaviest characters, actually. The bikers don't give that same personality or traits at all. Balloon Fighter looks a bit more serious than Villager, but in the end, they have the same basic stature, and the same animations. When you see Wario walking around in Brawl, or even just jumping, it screams Wario, and only Wario. Sakurai did a good job with his character.

Ayumi: A+
This is the one I know the least about but am the most interested in learning about.
She is the most visually unique of the 3 in my opinion. But I don't really know of her moves. Apparently she's a detective, so that sounds unique. I don't know if it sounds S tier unique, but it definitely sounds, A tier unique to me. She looks like she'd make a good addition.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm just waiting patiently for that analysis @ Marakatu Marakatu was planning. :)
We'll start Monday with not newcomers this time, tomorrow we will be rating veterans and currently revealed SSB4 newcomers on their uniqueness. Starting from rating Mario to Greninja.
We may able to rate another character every so often, just ask me.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm just waiting patiently for that analysis @ Marakatu Marakatu was planning. :)
We'll start Monday with not newcomers this time, tomorrow we will be rating veterans and currently revealed SSB4 newcomers on their uniqueness. Starting from rating Mario to Greninja.
We may able to rate another character every so often, just ask me.
Oh, good. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I think it would be very interesting.
I'm interested to see what Rosalina gets... and if Mario gets boosted because the FLUDD is pretty unique, even though people hate it. I think this thread will start getting the attention it used to get once you start this.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Here I go again! Sorry for making you wait.

AYUMI TACHIBANA

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Ayumi is not a fighter, so her moves would have to be made up from scratch. But that is not necessarily a bad thing, since Captain Falcon have made up moves too and his moves are arguably the most popular moves of the Super Smash Bros franchise. I particularly like the idea of her being a clumsy fighter and hitting her oponnents with an "I-I'm sorry!" like face.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
She's an detective, and there are no detectives in Super Smash Bros yet. The fact that she's an schoolgirl also makes her unique. I really want to see her hit people around with a suitcase.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?
I'm not even sure about how she would fight, so no. But if Phoenix Wright worked on Marvel vs Capcom 3, she can work in SSB4.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
Yes. Even more when you remember that in SSB4 the characters have really good facial expressions. I really want to see how she would look like when fighting, and I think other people would find that entertaining too.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
Very different. I mean, there are lots of human characters in Smash, but they are tall, built-like characters. Ayumi looks like an average Japanese girl, and that would make her look unique in a way.
Also, she wears a seifuku, nuff said.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
Yes. Clumsy moves are the way to go. Ayumi is an adorable classical character from a series that is still well-remembered (in Japan, of course). She deserves to be playable.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alright, doing a quick update for today, thanks for the analysis Marakatu.
Today we are not rating unannounced newcomers, instead we are rating veterans and announced SSB4 newcomers in their uniqueness.
This will have it's own tier list, in which I will be making eventually.
Today we are rating Mario, Luigi, and Peach in their uniqueness.
Analyses are welcome, but giving off a grade is fine. ;)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
How do we compare character's uniqueness for veterans? With newcomers we compare them to what we've already got.

Mario's unique because he was the very first character added into Smash for example, but he has a fairly standard moveset overall.

Luigi didn't start off as unique but has slowly gotten more unique as each game happened as he and Mario changed.

What about Peach?
Mario, Luigi and Toad can and have all performed her down + B, her side and B is kind of generic, up + B parasol could be done by a Waddle Dee and her regular B is something only Toad can do, rather than herself, so does that count as her being unique, or do we give everyone an S rank because they were the first to perform it?

I think veteran and announced newcomers needs a bit more explanation.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This would be pretty tough to explain though. :p
You should grade them along with changes and new moves they have gotten now (in SSB4) that stands out from other veterans and SSB4 newcomers and uniqueness the moves the characters has that distinguishes from other characters, like Kirby's unique swallow move for example. For unannounced veterans, you should base it on the Brawl changes.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
This would be pretty tough to explain though. :p
You should grade them along with changes and new moves they have gotten now (in SSB4) that stands out from other veterans and SSB4 newcomers and uniqueness the moves the characters has that distinguishes from other characters, like Kirby's unique swallow move for example. For unannounced veterans, you should base it on the Brawl changes.
So, if I was going to rate Pichu, I would give him F because he's a clone and a character such as Peach would get B because no other character has similiar moves but the character does not have a gimmick?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
In my head: "original" = "new gameplay style in the whole fighting games franchise".
The more a character goes outside the "already sawed moves" the more original it is, and completelly original characters in smash arent too many (G&W, IC, Little Mac, Olimar, Villager).

I always judge originality thinking like that, i dont care if is new in smash, zangief could be totally unique but it will be just a copy paste xD (a good copy paste though).

Just feel like say it :p

"For unannounced veterans, you should base it on the Brawl changes." wut? xD
We dont even know all the changes on the characters, and you want to rate characters we dont even know they'll be back based on nothing? xD

Sorry but how about a "how to make a veteran more original" week? clones hatters will be pleased :p

- -
Anyways, Mario, Luigi and Peach looks like they have the same moves again, not counting customization.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
To be honest I don't know what to rate now that we got almost every viable newcomer down. :/
I was unprepared when we were running out newcomers to rate. :p
Though it would feel kinda pointless to rate.
You guys want a " How to improve a Brawl veteran week" like what Sob said?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
To be honest I don't know what to rate now that we got almost every viable newcomer down. :/
Sure. Maybe we can sort out how to make each character more unique. Should we start with Mario, Luigi and Peach?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, that's fine by me then. :p
But I feel grades won't be necessary, so were only rating on how they could be more unique only.
Starting with Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Ah, man...
I was excited for this.
Hey... How about when I get my laptop I'll make a somewhat detailed post on my uniqueness ratings for the 3, and maybe then it would be easier for others to see what you mean with an example? I think I get what your asking for, Blue, and honestly, I find it easier to rate characters I've already seen fight than rating off of potential moves, becausetheres so much Sakurai makes up for characters, meaning a lot of unannounced characters could be very unique even if we rate then low, but once we see they're unique, we know fully what were rating. I'll have my laptop in just a few minutes, so can I try to make that post before a decision is made?

andimidna

Smash Master
Mario:
His fighting style is pretty unique, taking elements from many old Mario games, including powerups like the Fire Flower.
His overall uniqueness gets pushed down by the fact that the majority of his smashes and aerials are pretty basic, conventional fighting moves involving many kicks and punches. 9 out of 11 of his A attacks have "punch" or "kick" in the name, seriously. But his specials are something else.
Fireball is plenty unique, a quick jumping projectile that doesn't require any charging up, and helps stun your fall if you want to attack in the air or get back to the stage a certain way.
Super Jump Punch is a good recovery, but nothing spectacular. It's a good reference, but it's pretty conventional.
Cape is a good move. It works like a reflector and hits a projectile back at who fire it at Mario. And while that is a unique move, it's a unique move that is shared among a few other characters on the roster.
Despite being the most hated move except maybe Falco's and Wolf's landmasters, FLUDD is one of the more unique moves in the game. It makes a completely different character appear on his back, and will stay for a while. The fact that he can run around and fight with FLUDD still on his back long after using him, is pretty interesting to me. And now that Squirtle has been most likely cut, there's no other move that shoots water like it. There's more things FLUDD does in Mario Sunshine, but they weren't used, so that can't help him, but it's still pretty interesting, so I think it helps his score.
His Final Smash isn't too interesting, it's not a copy-paste of an existing one, and does leave a cool fire affect afterwards, but it's not the best. So I give him a slightly above average rating.
B+
Luigi:
He started out as a clone. But has gotten some uniqueness throughout the series.
A lot of his A moves are similar to Mario, so I don't see much reason going into detail on them. They hurt his score.
I just want to talk about his specials.
Green Fireball is not very unique, but it's visually different, and looks pretty cool, but it doesn't work too differently.
He also has Super Jump Punch, but his he lands on the ground head-first, so that's something.
Green missile and Luigi cyclone are moves unique to Luigi.
His moveset shows off his personality very well, I'll give him that.
Luigi's new Final Smash takes the most important aspect of his series, and will most likely function the same way. A good plus.
We haven't seen it in action, but it looks promising from Sakurai's description.
Overall, he gets a C-
Peach:
Now this is a very unique character.
She has 2 unique mechanics.
Floating: She's a very floaty character already, but she also has the ability to float after her second jump, which can work very well as a fighting strategy when floating only slightly above a flat stage, going side-to-side around an opponent for a hit.
Move switching: Her side smash has her switching through 3 moves: a tennis racket, a golf club, and a frying pan... adding more variety to her moveset. Also, her down special includes many different vegetables, and certain expressions have certain affects (or at least there's one expression that's more powerful than the rest, can't remember fully)
Her side special is both hilarious and unique to only her.
And her up special used to be similar to an item, but that item has been cut, so it's now unique to her. and works well as an attack and a way to choose your speed when falling.
Toad works basically like a counter, when you try to hit her when she pulls out Toad, that... green stuff... sprays around to hit the opponent away. This isn't a conventional counter though, it's pretty out-there.
Her up smash is her twirling with a ribbon, her up aerial creates a rainbow above her, her up tilt makes her create hearts with above her with a swipe of her hand, and her forward aerial makes her attack with her crown. All unique unlike just kicking and punching. And pretty hilarious too, being as girly as possible.
I mean, if you wanted to make a moveset for Peach before she ever got in, would you have really thought of her taking her crown off and hitting you with it for a forward aerial? That's pretty out-there.
I think she might be the most unique non-team character pre-Smash 4
I'm giving her an S
No - or +, but a solid S
She went beyond the expectations of a Mario series fighter, just like Rosalina did years later, and has only become more unique with certain changes and the removal of similarities.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Haha. You said Sob.

Anyway I won't be going to in depth but originality wise I'm thinking:

Mario: B : Due to the fact the Super Jump is kind of boring but makes sense. (Moves that make sense shouldn't be so boring) And Cape is just odd to me. Plus he should use a power up or something from his games.
Luigi: C - : Due to being a semi-clone for so long, and now has two moves I have no idea where they came from.
Peach: B + : I guess she's unique, but her moves all feel odd to me. Especially her golf and frying pan attacks. The Toad move gives her a B + honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Specifically here for my favorite character, Luigi!
Mario: A
His moveset is all about balance. I think that it accomplishes this just fine, but his moves need more power to them. I'm not too keen on FLUDD and I never use it when I play as Mario.
Luigi: A
Call me biased, but I don't care.
Luigi is a semi-clone, but his uniqueness doesn't come from his moves. What makes him unique are his absolutely hilarious and cowardly attacks that match the character quite well as well as his physics. I can easily main Luigi, but I have a tough time with Mario. Honestly, I would give Luigi a few moves to differentiate himself from Mario (such as bringing back his up smash from 64 and his back aerial from Melee), but I think that he is unique.
Peach: B
I see what they are going for with her, but I think that she needs some changes. I would mainly change her Neutral B as I bet that there is at least something the Princess can use besides Toad. Her Final Smash needs to be changed; it's garbage.
She's not really an exciting character to me.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Many may not like my ratings but this is how I feel about these characters.
Mario: C
Pros:

Original Moveset
Makes use of Fire Ball power-up and FLUDD
Balanced, like in his own games

Cons:
Has MUCH more potential to work with
"stale" moveset
FLUDD doesn't do any damage(which it does in Sunshine)
Final Smash doesn't come from anywhere
Where's Mario's hammer?
Can't glide with cape, which is its main purpose

Luigi: D+
Pros:

Differs from Mario more in each installment
Jumps high, which is true to his character
Balanced, like in his games
Green fireballs

Cons:
Semi-clone when he has plenty of potential to be unique
Just now got his Poltergust which is only his Final Smash instead of his movest
Brawl Final Smash was made up, even though he has plenty of potential
"stale" moveset
Some special moves come from no where

I really really really want to use Mario and Luigi, but their uninspired movesets kills me. I feel that they need a "revamp." Sorry if I rated incorrectly, I'm somewhat confused.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alright, time to finish this update, thank you for all the grades and participation! Today we are rating on Bowser's and Rosalina's uniqueness and how they could be improved.
Analyses are welcome, but giving off a grade is fine.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina really doesn't need improvement from what we know, and Bowser's changes are just fine.

andimidna

Smash Master
Rosalina and Luma: S++

Easily the most unique character in the game. Except maybe Olimar, or Ice Climbers, but that's it. The duos of Smash are extremely unique and she is no exception, because she doesn't copy the existing ones. She is a puppeteer character. With one helper. It's like a combination if Pikmin and Nana but also adds its own unique qualities. Like when Rosalina separates from Luma, and stops attacking, Luma just hops around the stage and looks all cute... Aww...
Also, being able to translate a side special through the Luma in the form of a projectile (star bits) is about as out-there as it gets.
She even has a full variety of Lumas. Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, and Apricot. That's a nice reference to all the different kinds, even if they don't have different affects, which has not been confirmed.
Her recovery works great and is a great reference to Galaxy's launch stars.
And her neutral b is technically 3 moves in 1! Luma summon, Luma (spin? Push?) and her bring back the Luma.
And oh, that down special. Does it get more unique than that? Dodging all projectiles by throwing them around and having every item gravitate towards her?
That's pretty crazy.
And her Final Smash is also unlike any others. But it isn't too amazing. Still, it's one of the only ones that happens separately from the character, and allows the character to move freely during it, the only 2 I can think of from brawl are pit and luigi, who have both changed. Also, it's a good reference to the point of Galaxy, power stars. And star bits.
Bowser will be later

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd honestly put Rosalina above even Ice Climbers and Olimar.

Because while Ice Climbers is also a pair, both of them have the exact same moveset, and bolster each others attacks rather than having different qualities unique to each. Even though you can de-sync them, the AI controlled Climber will always try to make it's way back, and when they are together, I still feel like I am playing as one character.

Olimar, while still very unique in his own way, I feel is overrated a little, or at least misinterpreted as controlling multiple characters at once, when that's not the case. While he may have multiple Pikmin following him, they are less like extra characters to control (since they don't even respond to player inputs, they just have path-finding AI and they don't attack when Olimar does) and more like ammo for a weapon, and that weapon is Olimar's throwing arm. Now, having semi-finite ammo for a weapon that you must manage as part of a character's central playstyle is very unique, but he still bares similarities to other characters who use projectiles, because essentially all he does with the Pikmin is throw them at people or whack people with them, until the Pikmin die (or until his ammo is depleted, to put it another way) and he has to go and reload, which is quite frequently. The Winged Pikmin is a really unique recovery move though, and is far more interesting than his tether recovery from Brawl.

Rosalina & Luma are two characters players control similarly to Ice Climbers if they choose or they can be naturally split up, take different points on the stage, can move around almost completely independently of each other, and both have entirely different movesets anyway, so even if you keep Luma close by as if playing as the Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma are still a cut above them. And even without that, Rosalina on her own is pretty unique, with her Launch Star, Power Star, Gravitational Pull, and her quirky cosmic melee attacks, that seem to have very interesting hit boxes. She also boasts some really cool grab animations, she basically uses the force.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think Bowser's changes will help him a lot.
Rosalina is extremely unique. No other character is a puppeteer.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Quicky update today we are rating Diddy Kong's and Donkey Kong's uniqueness and how they could be improved.
Will update the list later.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Rosalina: S+
This is perhaps the most obvious rating in this thread's history.

Bowser: B
His moveset is about being huge.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Donkey Kong:
Improvements:
  • Roll attack(confirmed)
  • Larger shield
  • More vertical recovery
  • Less ending lag
  • Projectile, maybe rolling a barrel like in the arcade?
Uniqueness: A-
I'll give him the fact that he was the only character to punch people into the ground until Villager. Well, I think so. Also, he's the only character to have a charged punch. Other then that, nothing really sticks out to be really unique I guess.

Diddy Kong:
Improvements:
  • Stronger KO moves
  • Better recovery

Uniqueness: A
Diddy was already a solid character. Also a very unique addition. He's the only character that pulls out a banana which causes chaos. Also, I cannot think of any other character that has edible ammunition(lolz Snake reference). His Rocket recovery is unique as I cannot think of another character that has something similar.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I might go in more detail later.
Melee rating-
Zelda/Sheik: S++
Brawl ratings-
Yoshi: B+
Link: B
Zelda/ Sheik: S

Smash 4 ratings-
Yoshi: A-
Link: B+
Zelda: A+

Yoshi gained uniqueness with aesthetic changes like the rainbows on his eggs and his back. But not much.
Link gained uniqueness with, I think, a new up air where he holds his sword with both hands and does some sort of spin.
Zelda lost uniqueness by losing Sheik. But she's still the only character based around magic. Other characters have magic, but it's not their main thing. And Phantom Zelda is very unique, but it is a drop from a whole new moveset for sure. Also, her falling speed looked much quicker when I saw her on arena ferox. Hopefully she's better now. Same with link.
We're getting more characters that teleport on the roster, but I don't weigh it heavily against a character if a move is taken from them, but I do count it against the character that takes the move.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In terms of uniqueness Yoshi has it in spades; unique shield, unique third jump, only character that can perform the moves he does.

Maybe it's the bias speaking but Yoshi seems to be a very unique character. Too unique for many people who dislike his lack of a third jump.

Improving Yoshi in terms of uniqueness is a tricky business, because honestly there's not much he could do that he doesn't already do.

He is by far the most unique Marioverse character; any sucker can throw a banana peel or use a fire flower but no one but Yoshi can eat his enemies, lay them in eggs and drop them off the stage into the abyss. No other character has such a unique set of moves that are so intrinsically part of the character.

Gonna S Rank this boy. Arguably the most unique fighter currently in Smash.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
YoshiandToad brought up a good point with Yoshi being really unique with his egg turning tongue.
Today we are rating Sheik's and Toon Link's uniqueness and how they could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom