• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Here's something:

Who does everyone think is the best pokemon rep in terms of uniqueness to add into smash?

I'd probably go with Eevee

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Eevee using an evolution mechanic would probably be the most unique pokemon in my eyes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's basically changing into 7 forms, each Eeveelution being pretty unique, while some aren't as Jolteon because Pikachu already takes the Electric type moveset.
I still vote for Zoroark because we haven't seen any illusions in gameplay yet.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
It's basically changing into 7 forms, each Eeveelution being pretty unique, while some aren't as Jolteon because Pikachu already takes the Electric type moveset.
*8 forms: 6th generation Sylveon (fairy type)
That would be and amazing mechanic, though.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Here's something:

Who does everyone think is the best pokemon rep in terms of uniqueness to add into smash?

I'd probably go with Eevee
Genesect. Could change the properties of it's neutral special and be a stance-change character.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Iwhile some aren't as Jolteon because Pikachu already takes the Electric type moveset.
Sharing the same type is not an obstacle to be different. Is like saying that Blaziken would be similar to Charizard because they are of Fire type. The anatomy, is an important factor. That can make different two Pokemons of the same type.
Pikachu = Big head + Tail (those are the resources of Pikachu when he is not using any Electric attack).
Jolteon have a really short tail and differents proportions comparing to Pikachu. Because of this i can see him attacking with bites, forepaws or charging with full body instead of using the head exclusively. And is really easy to imaginate different uses for other type of Electric moves, for example Electric is heavely connected to the state of Paralysis and Pikachu dont really makes use of that (Zero Suit Samus does).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am resigning from my position as owner of this wonderful thread.
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 is taking my place from here on out. I'm sure that he will do an even better job than I did, especially considering that long hiatus I took. Sorry for the wait.
@Scoliosis Jones, @Opossum, @Swampasaur, can one of you guys switch the ownership on this thread?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am resigning from my position as owner of this wonderful thread.
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 is taking my place from here on out. I'm sure that he will do an even better job than I did, especially considering that long hiatus I took. Sorry for the wait.
@Scoliosis Jones, @Opossum, @Swampasaur, can one of you guys switch the ownership on this thread?
Its been an honor commander. I'll still follow this thread 'til the end!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Starting tomorrow (If I get this thread owned soon), I'll be updating this thread to Modern IPs week.
I'll try to fit in as much modern IPs as possible:
Here's a list of what were going to rate:
1. Isaac
2. Marshall (Or a Rhythm Heaven character in general)
3. Saki (or Isa)
4. Dr. Kawashima
5. Ray MK
6. Mii
7. Chibi Robo
8. Wonder Red
9. Shulk
10. Dillon
11. Goose
12. Mallo
13. Andy
14. Captain Rainbow

Any other suggestions for the last one?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Starting tomorrow (If I get this thread owned soon), I'll be updating this thread to Modern IPs week.
1. Isaac
3. Saki (or Isa)
4. Dr. Kawashima
5. Ray MK
6. Mii
7. Chibi Robo
8. Wonder Red
9. Shulk
10. Dillon
11. Goose
12. Mallo
13. Andy

14 should be Tails, but idk, any better ideas?

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
1. Isaac
3. Saki (or Isa)
4. Dr. Kawashima
5. Ray MK
6. Mii
7. Chibi Robo
8. Wonder Red
9. Shulk
10. Dillon
11. Goose
12. Mallo
13. Andy

Does King Boo count? I mean Luigi's mansion isn't really a Mario game.....though it kinda is.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Oh, yeah, I kinda edited the post and noted that I wasn't sure. Can you consider Adam Malkovich? That's my second suggestion.
If we get to Metroid week, maybe. But I think Anthony Higgs is one of the top contenders I think.

Does King Boo count? I mean Luigi's mansion isn't really a Mario game.....though it kinda is.
No he doesn't if we get to Mario week though, Modern Nintendo IPs, as in series that haven't had a character yet. :p

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
If we get to Metroid week, maybe. But I think Anthony Higgs is one of the top contenders I think.

No he doesn't if we get to Mario week though, Modern Nintendo IPs, as in series that haven't had a character yet. :p
Ah gottcha. Though I think Luigi should have his own series u no? haha

In that case I think you got all of em.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
In that case, I'll just add Captain Rainbow in that list then. :p

How do you guys want me to place newcomers in the tier list, go by the average most notable grades? Or should you guys tell me where to place the newcomer in, like for example Andy should be between Muddy Mole and Takamaru.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
After a long day, Pokeweek is finally over. The tier list is now updated, if I missed anyone from Pokeweek I apologize, I don't seem to be in the mood today, and now I'm extremely busy with things.
Today this week we will be rating characters from modern Nintendo IPs. We will be rating Isaac and Ray MK, can the Psynergy blonde warrior and advanced robot do enough to make it into the top of the tier list? Answering the uniqueness criteria is very appreciated as it can help you really delve into the character's potential.

I'll be updating the best I can throughout the week though for you guys. :)
I just won't give as much criteria as I lovingly do usually.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I somehow managed to miss the whole PokeWeek *shrugs*. Anyways, I have to some homework before I can make more analyses. I want to have 1st dibs on Ray MK so no one touch him and I mean NO ONE :demon:. Tagging @N3ON for Isaac.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I see his plan to gradually take over the forums is going smoothly.

Anyway, It's a hard pick for Issac and Ray iii for me, they'd both be great fighters.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
1. Isaac
3. Saki (or Isa)
4. Dr. Kawashima
5. Ray MK
6. Mii
7. Chibi Robo
8. Wonder Red
9. Shulk
10. Dillon
11. Goose
12. Mallo
13. Andy
14. Captain Rainbow

Wandering Heroes! You forgot Wandering Heroes! :smirk:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Miis in general could take the Wandering Heroes moveset. :p
But you may rate them as "Wandering Heroes" if you wish to do so.
Remember to get those analyses ready, if you don't vote for at least a grade, I'm going to grade it instead. :p

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
1. Isaac
3. Saki (or Isa)
4. Dr. Kawashima
5. Ray MK
6. Mii
7. Chibi Robo
8. Wonder Red
9. Shulk
10. Dillon
11. Goose
12. Mallo
13. Andy
14. Captain Rainbow

I'd say Ashley from Another Code.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We already have the list of 14 characters, unless you guys want to do 3 characters a day. :p
Also, no grade for Isaac and Ray since I first posted, I guess no one wants to make Isaac interesting then. >.>
I'm gonna have to do this by myself soon then.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We already have the list of 14 characters, unless you guys want to do 3 characters a day. :p
Also, no grade for Isaac and Ray since I first posted, I guess no one wants to make Isaac interesting then. >.>
I'm gonna have to do this by myself soon then.
Ah, sorry, I thought a 15th one was missing in the post ^^'
Maybe for a "lesser known IP week" then :p

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We could do a lesser known IPs week, that's a good idea. But right now before Chrom is potentially confirmed in April or any other potential big newcomer reveal, we need to do the top priority weeks first. :)

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Isaac can be given an A, I think. So many potential.

Edit: I just noticed Zoroark is twice in the list in the OP.

Last edited:

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Isaac has so much potential. He has a sword, but can also use axes and maces, then for specials and maybe even smashes, has Psynergy (pretty much magic). If that's not enough for you, Djinn are a major feature of Golden Sun. They are creatures that you "set" to a character to improve certain stats, then can be "unleashed" to perform a major attack. After they are on standby, you can "summon" them back with a crazy cinematic attack. Here's a possible neutral B based around djinn I drew up:

B: Djinn Set/Summon: When you start the match, you have no djinn. Press B to set a djinn to yourself, which is random out of Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury. Each one has a different effect:
-Venus: Isaac is “tougher,” dealing slightly more damage and knockback, and receiving less knockback.
-Mars: Gives Isaac’s sword fire effects, like Roy’s.
-Juipter: Gives Isaac’s sword wind effects (little knockback areas outside of the hitboxes).
-Mercury: ???
After a djinn has been set, press B again to use a summon.
-Venus: Venus summon, a smash of earth power flies into the area in front of Isaac
-Mars: Mars summon, a blast of fire comes from above Isaac and goes diagonally into the area in front of Isaac
-Jupiter: Jupiter summon, 3 smaller blasts of wind with low damage, high knockback in front of Isaac
-Mercury: Mercury summon, pretty much Squirtle’s up smash, but only one jet of water

It ignores the unleash part, I think it'd be too much (like this isn't already, haha).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I would imagine Isaac would be a slow character if those that was his playstyle, the Djinn part is certainly interesting. There's gotta be a share of weakness if he summons his Djinn.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
In that case, I'll just add Captain Rainbow in that list then. :p
I would very much like to see what Capt. Rainbow could do, or at least what the creators could do with him. I know very little about him, but from what I've seen, they're a lot of space for creativity.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
1. How many diverse options does this character have?

Plenty. Isaac has primarily the ability to use earth-based magic, which (depending on his class)alone can give him the ability to summon earthquakes, grow vines, use thorny plants, throw falling rocks, use spires, attack with bamboos, summon demons with Demon Night ability and throw a giant magical sword.Isaac is also able to summon a giant hand to catch, grab, lift and move objects. He also has self healing abilities with the Cure spells he can use.

Isaac also has access to Djinns, which are monsters that, when assigned, can potentially grant him further abilities and access to the other three forms of Psynergy depending on the type of Djinn they are(which correspond to the type of magic they can grant you). There is: Mars (Fire element); Mercury (water element) and Jupiter (air element). Every Djinn that could be used has their own distinct effect.

Notable and interesting Venus Djinns that could possibly be used are: Flint , which grants the user the ability to use a earth based physical attack that deals 1.6 times the damage you normally would; Granite, which would half damage taken; Vine; ch can be used to decrease enemy agility; Sap, which allows one to simultaneously deal damage and recover some small damage;Ground, which could be used to stun opponents temporarily and finally Bane, which can be used to deal poison damage.

Other notable Djinns that could be used are:Forge to access Mars Psynergy attacks such as Flare and Blast; Gust to use wind magic and Sleet (Mercury) to use ice shards and water spheres.

Finally he can use Summons to call upon powerful allies for one powerful attack such as Ramos for a powerful punch, Cybele to summon an overwhelming amount of vines, and Judgment which can only be shown via a video to give justice to its sheer awesome might.

Other possible Summons that could be used is: Meteor (to obviously summon a meteor, what else would you expect?); Procne, which summons a white bird that shoots out purple magic whilst the opponent is trapped in a tornado and Neptune, a purple whale spirit that shoots out blue energy.

Also, Isaac can use swords, axes and maces.

In short, Isaac has a lot of options.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?

Earth-based magic has never been seen before and neitehr is the ability to use a "giant hand", not manipulating plants. Nor the ability to use multiple types of monsters by assigning them to the character to utilize special attacks. Nobody else uses summons quiet like he does.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?
There has never been a magic knight character that could utilise physical weapons and magic, particularly earth-based magic with a variety of choices such as the magic hand and ability to use monsters to assign different magical abilities.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?

Summons with over-the-top theatrical attacks, earthquakes, rocks, vines, thorny plants, potential access to other types of magic using Djinns-in short there is a lot of variety of distinct techniques to inspire a lot of curiosity for Isaac, I feel.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

Whilst not completely dissimilar to other characters due to his anime-like character design, he does nevertheless look very visually distinct to the point where he doesn't blend in.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
Well, given that he is a human with feasible methods of implementing what is unique about him without standing out in the wrong way, yes he does fit in well enough.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Isaac: S Tier
First, I want to point out that people get bogged down by what he can do, citing that he has access to more than just swords and can use all types of psyenergy. Isaac should stick to the Earth-based, Venus psyenergy that is standard for him. With it he can create quakes, vines, rocks and even a magical sword attack. While Villager has one interesting bit of "Earth magic," growing his tree, Isaac has more. Potential zoning uses include stalagmites which serve as walls (similar to Villagers tree) or a snare of vines that can trip or hold opponents in place. Other powers include "Move," which he uses in Brawl and "catch" which could be used as a grab. He is a swordsman, but that would not be his primary focus. Isaac should only use his sword for basic attacks and aerials. Why S-Tier you may ask? The simple answer are his Djinn. He has access to many, which can create unusual effects. He could have a system of setting the Djinn and then summoning a powerful ally to help. The potential for summons, which may need to be kept weaker than in-game just to be fair. (One way to do this may be: Summon as vB, and having Djinn to the other specials. After use the Djinn are set, and those specials will be weakened until "summon" is used. Thus having very clear benefits/downsides to summoning).

Ray: B+ Tier
Ray would have a lot more potential to be unique had it not been for Megaman's inclusion. Another projectile based robot takes something away from his uniqueness. What I see for Ray if he were playable is this: Ray keeps his AT size and abilities. First and foremost, his mobility is unparalleled. Even ROB's recovery is laughable in comparison. Ray would be capable of a mid-air dash, hover and have multiple jumps. Attacking from the air with projectiles would be his way to shine. He would have melee attacks too, of course. But attacking from a distance would be far safer given his small size and weight. He would be easily sent flying, and thus his aerial mobility and keep-away game would be his saving grace.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
From what I am hearing Isaac sounds very unique. It is really cool that he can use a variety of main weapons and it sounds like he has tons of magical abilities (most if not all) different from what we see currently in Smash. That being said I think that Issac could easily be in A+

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What an odd coincidence that I had Captain Rainbow in my list, then a reference to the game comes as the pic of the day! xD
@ FirstBlade FirstBlade if you would like to show off that analysis of Ray MK soon, feel free to do so.
For now, we'll end this day to have Saki and Mallo.Can the sumo pusher and the beam-sword blasting Saki reach to the top of the tier list? Remember, answering the uniqueness criteria is appreciated and can help delve deep into the uniqueness of a character. :)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Saki: He could be real interesting, given the intense experience of S&P, I think he would be a very swift fighter whom uses the beam sword for normal attacks and uses his gun to stun. I think he would be a master at comboing if done right, but it isn't really saying much. So I'm going to give Saki a B-.

Mallo: Pushing is nothing extraordinary, the sumo gameplay could be interesting, and pushing blocks could be sort of a defensive stage fighter . I'm going to give Mallo a C- for this one.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Uh…Saki's a boy that looks and sounds like a girl. That's kinda unique (Ignores most young boys in anime), he's got a unique weapon for both melee and ranged combat, so that's cool! Mallo's this weird fat little creature sumo dogface gloved guy, and people understand what he's saying when he nods, slaps, and stomps…somehow. But weirdness isn't everything (I wish it was…)! I'm afraid his moveset potential is rather limited…if we use blocks alone. Mallo could use the birds from Crashmo/Fallblox as recovery, and he could use sumo wrestling techniques he presumably knows (Imagine his throws!).

Wait! Hold up! What makes Sin & Punishment a modern IP? Isn't it from the N64?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom