• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This could be especially interesting if the uniqueness of certain concepts gets rated. Like rating a character with a specific type of moveset, the overall uniqueness of a roster with a certain amount of characters, and maybe a day of character vs character like suggested before.

Is Serperior's day going to be when you'd start this?
Nominate him then. :p

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Serperior (pokemon), Orcos (Kid Icarus), Etecoons and Dachoras (metroid), Jill (drill dozer), Pyoro (wario).

Chase

Smash Ace
Petey Piranha (Mario), Tamagon (Devil World), Simon Belmont (Castlevania), and Krokorok (Pokémon)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
With our new nominations, Simon Belmont is now the newcomer we are rating today!
Simon Belmont is from the Castlevania series who uses a whip to battle.
Remember, analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is fine. ;)
We'll be rating Ike for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Simon Belmont:

Pros:
Introduces a new weapon.
Somewhat visually different to most "human" characters.
Lots of items that could be implemented into his moveset.

Cons:
In terms of uniqueness, I can't really think of one.

Summary: I'm not a fan of Castlevania, but I know he has a decent amount of stuff to work with.
  • Whip
  • Dagger
  • Watch
  • Axe
  • Fire Bomb
  • Boomerang
  • Silver/Gold Knife
  • Oak Stake
  • Flame
I'm sure a unique moveset could be created with those items.

Verdict: A

Nominations:
2x Chaos 0
2x Metal Sonic
1x M. Bison

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
does S rank exist? if not A.
i may be a bit biased since Castlevania is my favorite saga, but simon belmont have as much potential to be unique as snake was on brawl. excelent range whip smash attacks, close fast martial arts tilts, powerful special proyectile game with up b axe, side b cross boomerang and down b holy water. horrendous up b recovery (throwing axe) pretty good tether recovery (whip). a neutral b move with recovery options like metaknight or mario. not the greatest aerial game )slowm but with good range due to whip)
in other words, yeah, can be completely unique.

Veredict: S

YAY!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sheiks got rid of the whip just so no one would be biting on Simon's gimmick when he got in.

A+

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
does S rank exist? if not A.
i may be a bit biased since Castlevania is my favorite saga, but simon belmont have as much potential to be unique as snake was on brawl. excelent range whip smash attacks, close fast martial arts tilts, powerful special proyectile game with up b axe, side b cross boomerang and down b holy water. horrendous up b recovery (throwing axe) pretty good tether recovery (whip). a neutral b move with recovery options like metaknight or mario. not the greatest aerial game )slowm but with good range due to whip)
in other words, yeah, can be completely unique.

Veredict: A

YAY!
S rank does exist.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Indeed, as someone who wields a unique weapon and will likely boast his other items to use as special and smash attacks (serving as a spiritual successor of Snake if he's out), Simon offers quite a vast moveset potential. I'd say he's between A and S rank.

andimidna

Smash Master
I agree with the majority here that he's A+/A

x3 Savvy Stylist
x2 Pink Gold Peach
:troll:

(We should rate IKE now, but not right now, Sakurai will probably give updates on his moveset for 3/5 of the pics next week, it would be better to wait till then)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Quicky update as I need to do lots of busy things such as studying.
Today we are rating Jeff, Ness's partner from Earthbound who shot missiles all over the place when he was summoned as an AT.
Remember analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is fine. ;)

@ andimidna andimidna Exactly what I was thinking, we should wait till we have more information by the end of next week's pic of the days.

andimidna

Smash Master
What I know about Jeff:
-Mother Series
-Looks Science-y
-Can shoot a bunch of rockets/missiles

I will have to wait until I see other rates before I can post mine
Hopefully somebody has a full post about him :p

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Quicky update as I need to do lots of busy things such as studying.
Today we are rating Jeff, Ness's partner from Earthbound who shot missiles all over the place when he was summoned as an AT.

@ andimidna andimidna Exactly what I was thinking, we should wait till we have more information by the end of next week's pic of the days.
Jeff Jeff Jeff!

Anyways

Jeff Andonuts
"Mr. Brickroad, the dungeon maker referred you, right? And not only that... What? Who? My son? Oh... I... can't... I can't believe it... You're Jeff, my son. It's been maybe 10 years since I last saw you. I'm so glad you're such a healthy boy. Uh, those glasses look good on you. How about a donut?"
— Dr. Andonuts

In Earthbound

Character Type: Hero - fights psychic monsters with no real special abilities

Abilities: Intelligence, Engineering - repairs broken items or uses their parts to make other items

Attacks: Laser Guns - Guns, Beams, Bottle Rockets, special machine items

In Smash

Size - :204::204::205::205::205:
Weight - :204::204::204::205::205:
Run Speed - :204::204::204::205::205:
Air Mobility - :204::205::205::205::205:
Fall Speed - :204::204::204::205::205:
Close Combat - :204::204::205::205::205:
Ranged Combat - :204::204::204::204::204:
Throws - :204::204::205::205::205:

Moveset: Jeff's power comes from his unique inventions

Specials/Smashes
Slime Generator: slows down or prevents movemet
Counter-PSI Unit: prevents energy attacks from being used
Heavy Bazooka: deals massive damage to a large area
Hungry HP-Sucker: deals damage and heals %
Shield Killer: deals heavy shield damage
Defense Shower: increases teams resistance to damage and knock-back
Bottle Rocket: deals heavy damage
Multi-Bottle Rocket: deals massive damage
Bubble Monkey: recovery move
Sky Runner: recovery move
Bombs: If he had them, they would be like Link's

Normal Attacks/Arials
Beam Shots
Gun Shots
Bubble Monkey Help?

Final Smash
Tessie
Explosive Barrage
Sky Runner

Verdict

If anyone, I imagine that Jeff would end up being similar to Snake and Mega Man. Smashes being similar to Snake and A moves similar to Mega Man. Jeff has a lot of unique inventions in his inventory. Things like HP-Sucker, Counter-PSI Unit, Defense Shower, and Slime Generator have never been seen before in Smash. Some of his moves could end up being cloned moves Bottle Rocket - Samus' Super Missle, Bubble Money - Snake's Recovery, Heavy Bazooka - Snake's RPG. Shield Killer could also end up being similar to Marth's neutral B, but since it is a machine I imagine it would be different enough. I see Jeff easily being the best ranged character in the game which would make him very unique. Also he would have ranged/AOE Smashes which would make him unique as well. The only similarities between Ness and Jeff would be size and ground movement.

I'll give Jeff a B for uniqueness

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Quick update today we are rating Savvy Stylist in uniqueness.
Tagging @ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin for her.
Oh that's me!

Okay I guess I can try something

Savvy Stylist -

Abilites: Always has good cell reception, good eyes for fashion
As a Stylist, She's knows who to call for the best goods, she's Savvy enough to know how to pull them off in a shoot.

Size: 3/5
Weight: 2/5
Run Speed: 3/5
Fall Speed: 2/5
Air Mobility 3/5
Close Combat: 4/5
Ranged Comabt: 2/5
Throws: 3/5

Mostly all round, yet light, not too strong but good at keeping opponents at bay

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Savvy Stylist's really isn't a fighter, she is a designer and a model But that is not a bad thing, Captain Falcon had his moves made and they are arguably the most popular moves of the Super Smash Bros franchise.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
As I said Savvy Stylist is first and foremost a designer and a model, and that would really show in how she moves and fights, Posing, Strutting, the main stage is meant for her.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?
The Current Moveset I have for her mainly focuses on keeping opponents away with Clothes Racks and Fashion Bombs while her final Smash keeps the camera focused on her, making everyone loose track of where they are, it's perfect for Palutena's Temple, I don't think a "Keep away but Focus on Me" character has been done

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
With Her general "look at me" moveset I certainly think so

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
There's lots of human characters in Smash, they're all tall, built-like characters. Savvy Stylist looks like an average, yet incredibly Fashionable young lady with... very big eyes.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
The point of Fashion and Models is to show off great fashion and when your're a Savvy Stylist of course you want to get yourself know, it fits her perfectly!

OH, OH BUT BUT BUT SHE'S SO STEREOTYPICAL AND FEMALE
Wow, yeah, how DARE a Lady who both a runs a successful business and be a star model, rite?
Yes in my moveset there's a few gags about Texting and Selfies, there is absolutely wrong with that because surprise surprise, people do that.
And in Style Savvy. People DO that.
*scoffs* Style Noobs

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Savvy Stylist

A character with a type of moves. A certain theme all of the moves would follow. She doesn't have individual canon moves- she has potential.
Think of Sheik, her moves are based off being a ninja, not moves she's done.
So Savvy Stylist could have: an attack where she swings her purse, a tether recovery, grab, or attack with a belt, a recovery, grab, or boomerang-like attack with a hanger, an attack with something involving flowers, anything involving any type of clothing, a shoe recover-- as for unique things that aren't moves-
She would swap clothes and hairstyles as her color swaps like Villager. And her taunt possibilities and stage options are pretty great too.

It's hard to know what Sakurai would do with her, but I think there are enough possible options for her to be ranked high. They could do a lot with her.

A+

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Quick update today, we are rating Serperior in uniqueness.
And remember, you have nominations that you can add. ;)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

I guess I'll try to make a moveset based off canon moves, completely unlike yesterday.
Obviously, they'd all need to be changed up to fit the game, but this is what some moves could be based off of:

Specials:
Down: Giga Drain
Side: Leaf Blade
Up: Vine Whip (tether)
Neutral: Leaf Tornado

Smash:
Forward: Wring Out (stun)
Down: Vine Whip(s)

Tilts:
Down: Leech Seed
Up: Growth

Aerial:
Up: Leer (projectile)
Down: Gastro Acid

Grab: Vine Whip (tether)
Pummel: Wrap
Throws:
Down: Slam
Forward: Coil (stun)

Final Smash: Leaf Storm

I think he deserves the same as Sceptile who I put at an A even though everybody else gave him a B.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Barely nobody came here for Savvy Stylist day, y'all are icks

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I was not sure what to type, since I thought an answer to the uniqueness questions was required. But andimidna posted, so I shall follow. Thank you, andimidna! I would place Serperior at A, since Ivysaur may not return. Being a snake is Serperior's main distinction, anyway. The Grass-type attacks Serperior would use could be incomparable, but Serperior's type perhaps can never allow a S spot.

To DustyPumpkin: please forgive me. I found this thread today. Reading what you typed inspired some ideas, though. Savvy Stylist could have a special where she judges her foes's costumes and places favor in certain characters. So as you play, you can express your opinion on the palettes you see with a distinct move. Perhaps another special would allow you to stick multiple accessories on foes to slow them.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Just a charizard clone :charizard:

Serperior.
Is very simple to me: is a snake.
A FREAKING SNAKE!!!!! Thats pretty freaking new, a living whip, thats about it.

Imagine him "walking" with his body rolled (safe) and "running" all extended (vulnerable).
Just think how easy will be a character like this to grab, to punish with projectiles and to edgeguard, how to handle this kind of situations? so much fun.

- Specials.

Neutral: Leaf Tornado. Like zelda.

Up: Wrap. Like captain falcon but only vertical. Jumps like a coil and wraps the enemy if conects it, quickly sending it down and giving extra momentum (maybe an spike?).

Side: Slam. Like wario in PM, i'm trying to justify how vulnerable is while running by giving it a good spacing move, generic thats it.

Downl: Captivate. we all now remember that jungle book snaky guy trying to hipnotize everybody... well something like that. Here however will work on everybody, not just a single gender. Is a very iconic pokemon move and i want to see it :p

Final Smash. Leaf Storm. because grass :p :p

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Quick update today, we are rating Jill Dozer in uniqueness.
Remember analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is fine.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Jill Dozer

Can't say I know much about her. She fights with a giant drill which is very unique and she is some sort of thief.

I'll give her an A for the odd weapon. May change depending on other posts.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Beware the drill....
All the shields out there...
FEAR THE DRILL!!!!

Well you know how easy is to make holes with one of these

Jilly Drilly Dozer :ganondorf:

A drill means consecutive damage, not like a regular jab but more like zelda's normal, perpetual, and even walking with it.
Can you imagine a move that marth can't counter? :p she is that awesome.

Kinda broken of course, but in the game she is very slow and heavy, and her AT is also very slow in smash, so, there is no excuses!!!

In the game you can change which direction the drill is spining, this means that if there is a screw you can either screwed or unscrewed, which translates into either pull the enemy to you (forward moves) or knock it off (back moves).

Did you got it? she can only kill with her back!!!

There is also this 3rd Gear thing in her game.
You can use your machine at its maximum after finding 3 gears, which bassically allows you to go through obstacles easier and faster. Really cool, and i can see it as her chargable smash...

Final Smash!!!!!!!!!!! (spoilers).
2:15 :falcon:

:p

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Quick update today, we are rating Chaos Zero in uniqueness.
He is the aqua-morphing creature and a villain from the Sonic series.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Chaos 0:

Pros:
  • Extremely unique visually
  • Has a huge moveset potential
  • Could shape-shift into many different things

Cons:
  • Greninja's main arsenal is water

Summary: Chaos 0 is my second favorite Sonic villain. He has plenty of tools to work with and could potentially be one of the most unique additions in Smash.

Final Smash:

Verdict: S
I think this is the first S rank that I've given. But I truly believe that Chaos deserves this rank.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Today we are rating to metal based characters, Metal Sonic and Pink Gold Peach.
And remember, you have nominations that you can use to rerate or bring up a new character we did not rate before.

andimidna

Smash Master
lawl metal day

Pink Gold Peach: D

I rated her just because she makes me laugh, but she doesn't make me laugh because she's different from Peach. Just because she doesn't make sense.
I'd say it might even be surprising I'm not ranking her at an F.

Weellll... that's because Peach is a floaty air-based character. And metal characters are the heaviest, so... she'd end up being a small character with the weight of Bowser. Also, she wouldn't have the same floatiness, or that hover move, I imagine she'd be wearing her biker outfit:

So there'd be some agility there, that Peach doesn't have in her giant dress.

She's Peach, so even if she doesn't have to have Peach's moveset, she doesn't have moves unique to her that others couldn't have, there's not much that makes her, her.
However, that doesn't mean they couldn't easily make something up:

B: Super Horn (works like the item)
Side B: Sports Bike (similar to Wario Bike)
Up B: Parasail (shoots up and floats down similar to her Parasol)
Down B: Antigravity (anything is possible here, anything from a double-team-esque counter to just floating around)

Most A attacks would be physical attacks that move like Wii Fit Trainer, but are slow and strong like Ganondorf.

All Mario Kart items would work, but I think this fits best. And it's not extremely unique.

Metal Sonic: B
'cause B

x2 Nabbit
x1 Mallo
x1 Tamagon
x1 Honey Queen

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Metal Sonic
Grade:
A

I think that Metal Sonic has great potential for as a character. His abilities are vastly different from Sonic. He could have good aerial combat thanks to his machinery, shoot out lasers, and would have some very fast and devastating attacks. He would work well as a fighter if they look at what he did in Sonic the Fighters.

Pink Gold Peach
Grade:
F----------------

No need to explain. What a terrible filler character.

Nominations: Banjo-Kazooie 5x

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom