• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The True Lord of the Underworld: Hades for Smash DLC! (VOTE OR BE SENT TO THE UNDERWORLD!)

Do YOU want the great Hades as a DLC character?

• YES!

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • No. (Yes.)

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
THE TRUE LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD: HADES
Pittooey may have joined the battle over me, but that doesn't mean I'm out of the running! Yes, the franchise has already been over-filled with three KI characters and yes I'm pretty much, but..
HEY LOOK, WHO CARES?!!

Now is the time to show who's the best villain in town, by being added as a DLC character!
Maybe it's time I show you why
I should be added, with the help of my Magnificent friend!

1) Smash needs more villains. Why do you think people request losers like King K. Rool or Ridley?
They are so desperate for villains that they'll stoop to morons like those to get their fix. As the greatest villain Nintendo ever made, I would be able to fill this void on the roster. Imagine me ripping off Pitty's wings, teaming with Ganny, destroying a bunch of annoying heroes... I'd fit right in!

2) I have an infinitely deep movepool.
I'm the most powerful being in the Universe. I could use a variety of magical beams, blasts, and more. Canonically, I can change my size, swallow enemies whole, summon tornadoes, teleport, create enemies, open portals, and eat souls. Oh, and since I'm the ultimate troll, it would be fitting if I used moves that would mess with the opponents' movements and attacks.

3) I am a great character.
I've got the third-most lines of anyone in Kid Icarus: Uprising and every one of them is pure gold. Fans of the series absolutely adore me and often try to imitate me by taking some of my quotes.
So if you would like to support me for DLC..

A gloriously fabulous moveset analysis by @ TheSqushiestManatee TheSqushiestManatee

---------------------The almighty Hades move analysis!---------------------

Hades from Kid Icarus has a TON of moveset potential. As the title says, this is an analysis of all powers and abilities that Hades has used. I will go through various moves he has utilized and interpret ways these moves may work in Smash Bros. I will try to be vague with some to encourage people to interpret ways these can work. If people wanted to create a moveset but had me basically come up with a specific idea on how these attacks would work, they may be discouraged from making a moveset because I already created alot of ideas. Also the names I come up with are more of slight descriptions than actual names. Any way, Enjoy.

Strength
Hades strength is immense. Some attacks he has used revolving around strength and physical attacks in general are...

Slams: Hades can create shock waves by slamming his hands. He is seen preforming this towards the beginning of the final boss battle as well as when he destroys the great sacred treasures. This could possibly be a smash attack or a devastating attack that has a wind box as well due to the sheer power of his strength. Maybe it can be a slow charged special kind of like a falcon punch only working differently in terms of hit box and and the wind box element.

Image of Slams.
Ground Punch: Hades slams his fist into the ground creating a shock wave and causing a great deal of the rock to protrude. Perhaps this can be a large physical area of effect attack.

Image of ground punch

Wave Punch: Hades rapidly punches causing projectile fists to fly in front of him. This attack is similar to Knuckle Joe's Vulcan Jab which he also uses as an assist trophy.

Image of Wave Punch
Hades Kick: Hades leaps in the air than kicks towards the ground. Hades specifically calls this move "Hades Kick" in the japanese version of the game. This move is extremely similar to Ganondorf's custom move, Wizard's Dropkick. This attack also caused rock to protrude from the ground.

Image of Hades Kick
Dark Uppercut: Hades does a powerful uppercut with his hand engulfed in darkness. He then floats back down afterward. Wether the darkness was from Medusa or from Hades, I am not sure.

Image of Dark Uppercut (Warning images of this attack may make Medusa fans cry.)

Mobility
Hades has many impressive tools and techniques when it comes to getting around. Besides being capable of incredible speeds, here are a few powers that Hades uses that are related to mobility.

: Hades quickly starts spinning and turns into a tornado. Not much more to it. Tornado

Image of Tornado

: Hades can teleport. In Chapter 23 he teleports where there is a bright white and purple flash, followed by Hades turning dark, and then disappearing and reappearing. That animation happens fast. He also teleports in chapter 25 as well.

Image of teleportation.

: Hades is capable of flying. He flies in chapter 25 where he shoots upward after the Hades kick. The entire pursuit mode part of the fight was him flying. Considering the crazy speed, perhaps this could be some sort of ramming attack.

Image of flight.

:Hades bursts from the ground shooting into the air. Perhaps with teleportation this attack can be interesting.

Image of Emergence

: Hades is capable of levitating. Perhaps he can hover similar to Peach or use it like Pit's old up special.

Image of levitation

Dark Magic and Energy Projection
Now things get interesting! Hades has TONS of dark powers. We constantly see all sorts of strange dark powers and lasers being thrown at poor Pit so these may make up most of his special moves.

: Hades can summon purple orbs that usually just sit there and do nothing, Then transforming into fireball like projectiles that get launched toward's Pit. Perhaps Hades can place these down and activate them when he so chooses. They may fire at the nearest player or maybe every player. I was thinking he should be able to have 5 of these at a time. Sometimes they fire constantly at Pit but I usually they fire once and then they're gone.

Image of purple orbs.
Fireball like transformation-->

: These orbs often fire pink projectiles. These could be interesting as they can work like turrets. Occasionally they work like the purple orbs but usually they act like turrets.

Image of pink orbs
shots from the pink orb -->

: These lasers have some homing properties. Hades shoots these out of his face and his back. Maybe he can use these as a powerful burst attack with alot of cooldown.

Image of dark lasers

: These missiles are originally fired from Hades face guns. They are slow, powerful, missiles that relentlessly pursue people. I could see them as exactly how I described them, slow, powerful, and relentless pursuers.

Image of face missiles

: Hades sticks his hands out and creates a black hole that pulls people towards it. Maybe he can even summon black holes in general. inb4 Dormmamu clone.
Image of black hole hands.

: Hades can fire dark fireball like projectiles out of his chest. He normally does this in a burst of three.

Image of dark blasts

: This is where Hades shoots multiple sparks out of his eyes with slight homing capabilities. To be honest this attack is one of the more generic ones but if anyone can think of a way to make this attack interesting, then great!

Image of dark sparks

: Hades fires blue shots out of his hands. If these shots get to close, they break into smaller shots and home in on his enemy.

Image of blue shots
When it transforms into a smaller shot

: Hades fires purple shots out of his hand. These shots will transform into a slightly smaller shot if they are hit or shot. I can see Hades being able to fire one of these at a projectile heavy character. They will have to be careful about shooting at Hades if he has this tool.

Image of purple shots
When they transform into the other shot

: Hades can place dark rune like traps. In chapter 23, when you are searching for Hades, some of these appear. It is a safe assumption that these were placed there by Hades. When the player comes in contact it inflicts a dark effect. I could see these traps having good hitstun making it easy to follow up with an attack. It should also have it's appearance fade in and out to help hide the trap to an extent.

Image of dark rune

: Hades can shoot purple walls out of his hand. These walls are indestructible and travel forward. They would work similar to Palutena's reflect attack except they dont reflect and it would travel farther.

Image of purple wall
: Hades shoots a red wall that travels in front of him. This red wall is breakable and fires many tiny red shots as it travels.

Image of red wall
: Hades fires large pink lasers at the beginning of chapter 25 as well as at the end of chapter 25. The lasers may be a constant multi hitting type laser or a devastating blast. He should be able to aim it. I feel this attack should have a large cooldown.

Image of large lasers

: Hades can create a suit of guns on himself using the devastation ensemble. Most of the guns he gets fires generic lasers and other generic stuff. Perhaps he can instantly create a bunch of guns on him and start filling the screen with tons of projectiles. Though I don't know if he should be allowed to do this with out actually having the Devastation Ensemble equipped but I think it should be fine.

Image of Devastation Ensembles various projectiles
: Not much is known about this attack. all that is know is that it's extremely powerful and it takes a long time to charge up. Maybe it's a giant screen filling blast? Or maybe it's a massively powerful laser. I could see this as his final smash where he goes dragoon on them and uses a reticle to hit them with his laser.

Image of Hades Ultimate Attack

Soul Manipulation
Hades is the god of the Underworld! As god of the Underworld, he can control souls to an unlimited extent. Here are some of his actions with souls.

: Hades can absorb souls to heal or buff himself. Maybe Hades can get souls from killing other players or just from over time. He could have a soul count above his health and icon.

: Hades can use souls to heal himself as seen in the final boss battle. Perhaps he can also heal himself through a soul drain.

Image of soul heal

: Using souls, Hades can increase his power. Maybe you can some how choose what to buff like how Shulk can select a stance, Hades can choose a buff out of attack, speed, jump, defense, special, and arms. If he has to spend souls, then there should be no draw back with these buffs unlike Shulk's. Maybe there could be stat tiers like 1 soul on attack is +1 attack while tier two is +2 on top of the +1 attack he already got from spending the first soul.

: The Taffy Man... err... Hades, can mold souls into whatever he desires. This can allow him to summon many minions and maybe even bosses and gods (Thanatos) depending on how many souls he uses.

: Hades has soul manipulation. We already know that, but what else can he do with this power? Plenty! Soul removal, soul exchange, soul seal, possession, resurrection ect. We can get creative and think of lots of other things he can do with his immense soul manipulation abilities.

Other
Hades has two other abilities that were not classified under the previous sections. He has a drill and strong breath.

: Hades can activate a large drill at any time. possibly, he could use this as an expansion type attack. This attack could do high shield damage.

Image of drill

: Hades can use his breath to inhale his enemies or blow them away. I'm not sure how inhale would work as he isnt puffy like Kirby and King Dedede. Perhaps he can steal items with it or pull his opponents close to him. His exhale may work like the gust bellows.

Image of breath

BE SURE AND ASK THE GLORIOUS ME!!!
Hades' Underworld Army:
1. BluePikmin11
2. KoM
3. TheSqushiestManatee
4. Brawler610
5. Awesomedude444
6. Knux27
7. Wintropy
8. Erotic&Heretic
9. Blazgreen
10. oni333
11. DittoMaster6
12. TeddyBearYoshi
13. Thelimomon
14. LousyTactician

Signatures:

Last edited:

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Sign me up. I don't care that KI is overrepped as all hell, I wanted Hades regardless.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sorry, Hades, but I'm not buying. Please don't kill me.

NOT A SUPPORTER????!!!
I'LL TURN YOU INTO A PUNY SOUL TO JOIN MY UNDERWORLD ARMY!!!

Sign me up. I don't care that KI is overrepped as all hell, I wanted Hades regardless.
YES! NOBODY CARES ABOUT HOW MANY KID ICARUS CHARACTERS THERE ARE, THE MORE THE MERRIER!

NNID
Majorasmask66
Hades is too amazing for smash. Also while some people want medusa more, Medusa has been nothing more than Hades pawn. It's like putting girahim over ganondorf at this point. To be fair, i see where they are coming from. She was the main villain in the first game and the pawn in the second. Hades is ultimatley responsible behind many of the events in the game. He's also responsible for the events of the first game thus making him really the main villain of the series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've mentioned how I am not a fan of how much content Kid Icarus has compared to other series... but how the hell can I say "No" to a playable Hades?! He's one of Nintendo's best villains and I would love to play as him! Sign me up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hades is too amazing for smash. Also while some people want medusa more, Medusa has been nothing more than Hades pawn. It's like putting girahim over ganondorf at this point. To be fair, i see where they are coming from. She was the main villain in the first game and the pawn in the second. Hades is ultimatley responsible behind many of the events in the game. He's also responsible for the events of the first game thus making him really the main villain of the series.
We should replace Ganondorf with Demise, then :troll:

NNID
Majorasmask66
We should replace Ganondorf with Demise, then :troll:
Ganondorf is demise and hasn not been in the vast majority of games. medusa has but only one more game then hades. its not like we got 8 games with her and one with hades. Hades is the most recent and most important.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ganondorf is demise and hasn not been in the vast majority of games. medusa has but only one more game then hades. its not like we got 8 games with her and one with hades. Hades is the most recent and most important.
Ganondorf is not Demise, but the incarnation of Demise's hatred. But Demise is still behind the main villain.

Medusa have also one thing more than another game: she is tied forever to the heroes, especially Palutena. She have more bounds with them.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Ganondorf is not Demise, but the incarnation of Demise's hatred. But Demise is still behind the main villain.

Medusa have also one thing more than another game: she is tied forever to the heroes, especially Palutena. She have more bounds with them.
Ganondorf is demise according to miyamoto as in the hyrule historia, it confirms this. So he's the main villain. medusa is tied to the characters ill give you that but hades is still the most important villain to the series. all underworld events are his doing.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Decided to make my own Palutena's guidance for Hades.

Pit: Hades!

Hades: Pit!

Pit: Haaadees.

Hades: Piiiiiit.

Viridi: Viridi.

Palutena: You were just waiting for that one weren't you...

Hades: My my what a touching reunion.

Palutena: So you're back? This is very bad!

Hades: What? Scared of the big bad god of the underworld?

Palutena: More like having to deal with your annoying banter.

Pit: How are you still alive!? I thought I defeated you.

Hades: You did. But don't worry Pitty Pat, theres no need to feel guilty anymore.

Palutena: That doesn't answer our question.

Pit: How did you come back?

Hades: Same way that awful outfit you call the Three Sacred Treasures came back.

Viridi: Atleast his outfit isn't made from souls. And petty human souls at that.

Hades: Now now rosebud, humans weren't the only souls I used. Many of your nature friends died so I could have these clothes. Not willingly of course.

Palutena: Hades, will you ever end your ruthless destruction? How many more lives will you claim?

Hades: How many more matches can I be in?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Once I get the busy stuff down for this week, I'll be making banners and signatures for Hades!
We need to tell the people that he would be a great and memorable character to be added into the roster.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Once I get the busy stuff down for this week, I'll be making banners and signatures for Hades!
We need to tell the people that he would be a great and memorable character to be added into the roster.
Sweet sounds good. Ill try to contribute somewhat but nothing major. Just spread the word and post the banners on sites and stuff. Also the medusa thread wishes they could have done exactly what we are gonna do :troll:

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Do you guys have good fanart I can use to make the signatures?
It's very hard to find good ones aside from the official art.

I wish I knew who the original artist was. We should try to find out who they are and ask for permission to use it first. Wait maybe it's official art? I cant find it anywhere

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I really hadn't thought about Hades joining the roster. I suppose I was still mourning our glorious Lord of the Underworld's death. But after hearing Hades' speech in the OP, how can a KI fan refuse?

Pit: Haaadees.
Hades: Piiiiiit.

IT'S ON!!!!!!!

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I had to go through Deviantart to try to find that pic...oh god...oh god... but I guess we should just use the pic for the banner. I'll see if I can promote it. I know a few Hades fans on some sites. Alot on youtube. However I don't think youtube would be an effective place to promote him unless I was a big time youtuber.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Honestly, I don't care if series' have too many characters, there's never too many for Kid Icarus seeing as how many FANTASTIC characters there are. I supported Palutena first. Now I'm supporting Medusa, Viridi and Hades all at once! (not in any particular order.)

Imagine if those 3 Gods joined the fight...... My life would be complete for the most part.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Honestly, I don't care if series' have too many characters, there's never too many for Kid Icarus seeing as how many FANTASTIC characters there are. I supported Palutena first. Now I'm supporting Medusa, Viridi and Hades all at once! (not in any particular order.)

Imagine if those 3 Gods joined the fight...... My life would be complete for the most part.
Is it bad to overrepresent a game that has the best cast of characters ever?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I had to go through Deviantart to try to find that pic...oh god...oh god... but I guess we should just use the pic for the banner. I'll see if I can promote it. I know a few Hades fans on some sites. Alot on youtube. However I don't think youtube would be an effective place to promote him unless I was a big time youtuber.
As long it's well made quality video in comparison with Relax Alax and Artsy Omni, I think you'll probably get a large amount of attention if you start it off strong.

NNID
Majorasmask66
As long it's well made quality video in comparison with Relax Alax and Artsy Omni, I think you'll probably get a large amount of attention if you start it off strong.
Yea I might give that a shot no guarantee though. I might see if Chuggaconroy will promote it on his twitter by retweeting it or something. Don't know if he want's Hades though.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
While I really really really really doubt any Kid Icarus characters will appear as DLC, if any did appear...

My vote would go to Viridi.

But Hades is a close second.

I, too, shall support the gloriously charismatic deity of disrepute!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hades is not the god I want, but I would still play him if he happens to be a DLC character.

Let's support Kid Icarus in the ballot!

NNID
Majorasmask66
Hades is not the god I want, but I would still play him if he happens to be a DLC character.

Let's support Kid Icarus in the ballot!
Thats how I feel about Medusa. Although I want Hades in most, Medusa would be great too. I know a few people said she should be a trap character and I totally agree.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thats how I feel about Medusa. Although I want Hades in most, Medusa would be great too. I know a few people said she should be a trap character and I totally agree.
I'm suddenly imagining Medusa, Viridi and Hades dancing in a flower field with "Happy Together" playing. (like the first Smash commercial).

I get where the Medusa support comes from, but Hades just has more charm that makes me want him more. :U
Oh, so we are talking about the sideboob here, now? :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The sideboob is a pretty weird reason to want a character honestly.
When and where did you guys start that joke, I'm curious.
Well, on the Medusa thread. Captain Obvious And, what a surprise, I started it: http://smashboards.com/threads/quee...-homecoming-party.325309/page-3#post-16269267
But the sideboob is clearly just the "little" plus (and definitely just a joke here).

Of course we want her for better reasons: uniqueness (well, this applies to a lot of KI characters), looks (beside the sideboob), gameplay possibilities (based on the boss battle), the character herself (playing against Palutena or Ganondorf... This also applies to Hades).

And because KI is great. That's why I also want Hades and Viridi, but I really doubt that Sakurai will bring a "God pack".

NNID
Majorasmask66
Well, on the Medusa thread. Captain Obvious And, what a surprise, I started it: http://smashboards.com/threads/quee...-homecoming-party.325309/page-3#post-16269267
But the sideboob is clearly just the "little" plus (and definitely just a joke here).

Of course we want her for better reasons: uniqueness (well, this applies to a lot of KI characters), looks (beside the sideboob), gameplay possibilities (based on the boss battle), the character herself (playing against Palutena or Ganondorf... This also applies to Hades).

And because KI is great. That's why I also want Hades and Viridi, but I really doubt that Sakurai will bring a "God pack".
Yea yea unique and crap whatever...the sideboob is the best reason.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
INB4 HADES IS CLONE OF GANONDORF.

......that would be horrible.:psycho:
Trap character , what do you mean?
I sorta imagined her to be even more projectile than Palutena (who only has 1 attack lol) overall, and Hades to be more combat-based.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think Hades would make good use of his physical strikes and godly powers. I can see him flooding the stage with bullets, lasers, black holes and explosions, and overall just focusing on raw, destructive power above all else.

He'd probably be slow as a crippled snail to compensate, and have massive cooldown time on his moves.

NNID
Majorasmask66
INB4 HADES IS CLONE OF GANONDORF.

......that would be horrible.:psycho:

Trap character , what do you mean?
I sorta imagined her to be even more projectile than Palutena (who only has 1 attack lol) overall, and Hades to be more combat-based.
Trap character like she has a bunch of traps in her moveset she can use.
I think Hades would make good use of his physical strikes and godly powers. I can see him flooding the stage with bullets, lasers, black holes and explosions, and overall just focusing on raw, destructive power above all else.

He'd probably be slow as a crippled snail to compensate, and have massive cooldown time on his moves.
Yea he should have devastating destructive magic that has a bunch of cooldown before he can use a move again. A powerhouse character with a devastating array of projectiles would be great. If I had to say what character he could be like, It would be a mix between Ganondorf and Dormammu. Not to say he would play just like those characters.

Top Bottom