• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Tech Skill Challenge" !

Vall3y

Smash Lord
*TSC for short.

I got this idea from some game going on the pen spinning boards, in which one guy shows a video of him performing a trick, then another guy puts a video of him performing that trick + another one, etc... until it become a really long and hard combo.

In a similar way, the TSC will require the participants to put vids of them performing the last 'trick' (not all of them though), plus another 'trick'.
A trick could be any combo or a move, and should take some technical skill to do. It could be anything from DK's SH b-turnaround bair, going under DL with Luigi without misfires, Fox's drill shine infinite 0-death, or anything you can think of.
The video should be of yourself, ofcourse, and try not making tricks that are hard to tell if were done right (for example, falco's DSHL from ledge. it is hard to tell if both of the lasers were done low enough etc)
The first guy has to put a video of himself doing a trick (explain what exactly, if necessary). Then, anyone else is free to make a video including that previous trick plus another trick of his own.
This continues many times, until some time passes without anyone uploading new vids (lets say... 3 days). That means that the guy with the latest vid wins, and recieves a point. I'll keep track of points with a scoreboard.
Then a new game starts, and anyone is free to upload the first video.

I believe this could be lots of fun and entertaining. If you guys will cooporate we can have these games running for long so it becomes very interesting and intense kinda.

I'll start the first game so we all get the hang of this... The video is a bit old but that shouldn't matter i guess.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9iOyey9M7mQ
this is 3 running shffled nairs to full jump uair by fox on peach with used nair (max 9 damage i think), resulting in the peach's death and 5 hits combo
you should move the peach to that place when you start the combo as shown in the video

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
Valley, what boards do you go to for pen spinning? Every since Pentrix shut down I havn't been able to find any.

rysaN

Smash Cadet
this sounds like a lot of fun. good job bringing this idea to swf, valley. =]

Vall3y

Smash Lord
ugh... you disappoint me smashboards :urg:
anyone wants to upload a vid of his own, as the first video without my trick?

these things never work out cause the most technical players either dont care or cant record, so theres no purpose.

chaddd

Smash Lord
these things never work out cause the most technical players either dont care or cant record, so theres no purpose.
He's got a point. I've been able to drill shine infinite for a while, and have been playing (and become state ranked in a few) competitive fighting games for about 6 years now (only 1 1/2 for smash). But I've NEVER had the computer equipment to capture and edit videos. It sure would come in handy, because I really want to make a Smash video, but I've never actually considered using any money to pick up a capture card. Oh well.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
well i can't promise you that there are gonna be alot participating but i promise ill participate too myself ;)
anyhow i assumed most people have a digital cameras, and a big most of those can record short low quality videos which are quite handy and convenient as they dont require much preparation etc. but i guess you are right silent wolf, even though i hoped even for a game without m2k and pc which could be fine too

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
Im interested in havin a bit of fun with this but your vid left no room expansion. peach dies...end of combo:confused:

For this to work its gonna need a bit more rules
My suggestions--

Only the *combo* counts, the character and stage its done *on* is optional in order to allow for some creativity and flexiblity E.G. Fox does combo on peach on FD, the next person then does the same combo with fox but on which ever character and stage he /she feels like.

Each combo should be limited to 3 or so *moves*. like 1shine, 2wavedash, 3Uptilt. and then the next person does those 3 moves plus 3 more of his own etc...

Im gonna try with my lame digi cam later to day and post it tommorow.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
ugh, this isnt supposed to be like the pen spinning one, with everyone adding a trick to the bunch of tricks, but in this you just do a trick of your own + the last trick. each trick should appear twice every time: one time the first time its posted, then another time when someone wants to post another trick and has to do the previous trick too.
in the bottom line, tricks dont have to relate to each other, and each video is composed of the previous single trick, and your own new one

captainlukey

Smash Ace
this is lame i came here to try this out, it sounds pretty cool. but if no one else is keen........ meh

captainlukey

Smash Ace
this is lame i came here to try this out, it sounds pretty cool. but if no one else is keen........ meh
sorry for double post accident

Top Bottom