• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I just got the roster maker the other day, and just started making my own icons. This may be a stupid question, but how do I get the text on my icons to match the text on the regular icons? Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
In the Utils folder, there's a .png file (simply labelled "Template") containing all the letters in the Roster Maker font. You can use your photo manipulation software to crop out the letters you need, and so forth (and the Utils folder also has frames for icons).

I use GIMP, so I have my own way of doing things. If you find yourself unable to achieve what you want, you can always leave requests in this thread (supplying the desired photos for use in the icons), and someone will get to them in due time.

tuckee13

Smash Rookie
Thanks. I use paint.net but I cannot figure out how to get the text to work. Can anyone else who uses paint.net help me out?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pacack's Roster Icon Archive:

[collapse=Mario Series (Currently empty)]None yet.[/collapse]
[collapse=Yoshi Series (Currently empty)]None yet.[/collapse]
[collapse=Wario Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Donkey Kong Series (Pick the King K. Rool you like the most)]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Legend of Zelda Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Nazo no Murasame-jo Series (Takamaru's Series)]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Metroid Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Kid Icarus Series (Currently empty)]None yet.[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Fire Emblem Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=F-Zero Series (Currently empty)]None yet.[/collapse]
[collapse=Star Fox Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Earthbound/Mother Series (Currently empty)]None yet.[/collapse]
[collapse=Pokemon Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Retro]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Historical]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Other Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Third Party]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Fourth Party]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I would like an alt to the Rhythm Heaven girl using this as her portrait.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can somebody do an icon of Denene using yesterday's Pic of the Day?

EDIT: Also, can someone repost the icon of the Happy Mask Salesman with his look from the fake MMHD Trailer?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, this is a seemingly random request, and I'm trying to do something, but I need an icon for Baloo. This art, preferably.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Can I have this, name him Pokémon Trainer:

Support Sig. Roster.png

Uh, ignore this.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Jakor Jakor I just updated my roster archive and would like it to be added to the directory when you have the time.

I'm also now taking requests so that my archive will get more filled up. If you want me to do an icon for you, please quote this post and provide either a transparent image or one with a white background, as a magnetic lasso tool is required for images with complex backgrounds, and the program I use doesn't include one.

(EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I could have sworn I saw someone reply.)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Can someone make a Jigglypuff icon with this image, please? :)

And Charizard? :)

EDIT: I don't need them now XD, I found better Jigglypuff and Charizard icons.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Would someone please make icons for pikachu, jigglypuff, charizard, zoroark, deoxys, and victini with the official artwork? It would be much appreciated.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Oh-oh. I shouldn't have put Ben on my troll roster. Now look at what happened!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Have some icons! No one quoted and requested, so I decided to make some that I'd been needing.

Veterans:

Newcomers:

Fourth Party:

I wanted an icon for the Maidens/Damsels from Nazo no Murasame-Jo (assist trophy roster) and I found out that there's a character called Ayame in Samurai Warriors 3 that's based off of the Maidens, so I made the icons with the names Maiden, Damsel, and Ayame. And, of yourse, I couldn't decide on the size either, so I made four sizes of each (Maiden or Damsel Number 4 will ultimately be what I'm using, if you were curious). That's the reason there are so many of them.

Eirika, Mona, Mickey, and Popeye all had kinda meh icons in the roster by default, so I went ahead and redid them, and the veterans I just needed better icons of.

Expect more sometime soon. If you want to request an icon from me, please quote this post and give me an image to work with that has either a transparent or white background. I won't be doing them unless I am asked specifically.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Have some icons! No one quoted and requested, so I decided to make some that I'd been needing.

Veterans:

Newcomers:

Fourth Party:

I wanted an icon for the Maidens/Damsels from Nazo no Murasame-Jo (assist trophy roster) and I found out that there's a character called Ayame in Samurai Warriors 3 that's based off of the Maidens, so I made the icons with the names Maiden, Damsel, and Ayame. And, of yourse, I couldn't decide on the size either, so I made four sizes of each (Maiden or Damsel Number 4 will ultimately be what I'm using, if you were curious). That's the reason there are so many of them.

Eirika, Mona, Mickey, and Popeye all had kinda meh icons in the roster by default, so I went ahead and redid them, and the veterans I just needed better icons of.

Expect more sometime soon. If you want to request an icon from me, please quote this post and give me an image to work with that has either a transparent or white background. I won't be doing them unless I am asked specifically.

Enjoy!
Can i have: This in an icon called " Pokemon master "

Jakor

Smash Ace
@ Jakor Jakor I just updated my roster archive and would like it to be added to the directory when you have the time.

I'm also now taking requests so that my archive will get more filled up. If you want me to do an icon for you, please quote this post and provide either a transparent image or one with a white background, as a magnetic lasso tool is required for images with complex backgrounds, and the program I use doesn't include one.

(EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I could have sworn I saw someone reply.)
Usually I want people to send me links to their roster archives via PM so I don't have to search for the posts myself. But anyway, I added a link to your archive on the first page.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

Veterans:

Newcomers:

Fourth Party:

Enjoy!
Would you please make icons for pikachu, jigglypuff, charizard, zoroark, deoxys, victini, and smeargle with the official artwork? It would be much appreciated.

Chase

Smash Ace
Are there any dojo styled icons for Black Shadow or Professor Layton?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Old request, bringing it back.
Can anyone make an icon of the two below images, labeled Prometheus & Pandora?
If anyone has a small bit of time to do this, many thanks & much appreciated, in advance. Also, if one could do a second version of said icon with
this color as the background (dojo style) that would be great as well.

EDIT: Another request I need. I actually need two icons of this one: One saying Naoto
with this color background, (again for a dojo style) and another saying BigAxle.
http://i61.tinypic.com/x3e3hj.jpg
Please focus on her head, if possible.
Again, massive thanks if anyone can do these in advance.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
"Pokemon Master" won't fit. I named it P. Master.

Is that alright, or do I need to redo it?
Would you please make icons for pikachu, jigglypuff, charizard, zoroark, deoxys, victini, and smeargle with the official artwork? It would be much appreciated.
Tell me if any of these are off. The images were a little small, so I had to make do with what I had.

Would you like me to redo any of them?

(If anyone else would like me to make an icon, please quote this post and provide either a transparent image or one with a white background.)

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

Tell me if any of these are off. The images were a little small, so I had to make do with what I had.

(If anyone else would like me to make an icon, please quote this post and provide either a transparent image or one with a white background.)
P.master is fine

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

These are good. If you want to make the image bigger than you could always click on the image in the spoiler tag.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
These are good. If you want to make the image bigger than you could always click on the image in the spoiler tag.
Oh, I did. It still had a couple of issues that I needed to fix. Mainly the black outline started looking pixelated.

(Also, would you mind sending me a like or two if you enjoy the icons? I'm like hungry.)

andimidna

Smash Master

Can I please have one icon of "Anna & Tiki"?
EDIT: Put Tiki slightly on top of Anna to have them fit together in one icon.
Here are some guidelines if it helps... maybe?
Top: The top of their hair reaches out of the icon.
Bottom: about where the the top of the bear key chain is on Anna's sword
Left: Cuts off half of Anna's collar
Right: Tiki's ear almost hits the edge
I'd be fine if it's not like this, just thought it might be helpful... idk... maybe it should be smaller... I'm fine with whatever...
Or however way you can make it look, anything works...
Even if it's these images:
Anna

Tiki

Both

Can I have a bunch of Midna icons please:

Or just 1 would be cool.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
can someone link me to some good archives? Preferably non-colored ones. Thanks!

Top Bottom