• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The standout from Wave Race and 1080 snowboarding; Akari Hayami discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
She probably doesn't have a good chance. But it is true that Super Smash Bros. needs new females. Plus, she's modern, a rarity for Nintendo characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters. Plus, adding a character purely because they're female is a terrible reason, and one that Sakurai doesn't do. Plus there are many many more female characters that get more requests and have more popularity than a character from Wave Race/ 1080 Snowboarding. Honestly, I think this is the first time I've ever heard Akari Hayami requested. Even if a Wave Race/ 1080 Snowboarding character got in (which is super unlikely) it would be Ryota Hayami or Ricky Winterborn.

Plus modern Nintendo characters aren't a rarity, modern Nintendo characters that warrant inclusion in Smash are a rarity, and Akari isn't one of them.

Sakurai would need to make up a move set for her. lol
This wouldn't be the factor that kept her out. Sakurai has made many original movesets before, if he thought the character was worth adding and could work, he could easily make a moveset. Akari Hayami won't even be considered.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This wouldn't be the factor that kept her out. Sakurai has made many original movesets before, if he thought the character was worth adding and could work, he could easily make a moveset. Akari Hayami won't even be considered.
Not really saying he couldn't. Just stating the obvious and of course, i doubt this girl will get in. (not like she has a chance)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@slambros: Please put more effort into making this thread. Making threads just to say that you want someone isn't exactly advisable here. To modify your primary post, just click on the "Edit" icon, and input your changes.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I'd like to see a 1080 character (gold man or that awesome panda costume), a 1080/Wave Rave character is pretty unlikely. They aren't necessarily popular titles. As well, they seem best fit for ATs.

Slambros,I suggest putting up pictures, arguments, and a move set (specials are fine but a complete move set would be best). A professional looking support thread will help in the long run.

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've been considering an elemental group of characters. Like Captain Falcon's moves are based on fire the Wave Race character could be based on water and the 1080 character based on Ice. So then you could have....

Captain Falcon = Fire
Wave Race = Water
1080 = Ice
Pilotwings = Air
Excitebike = Earth

With your powers combine I'm Captain.....sorry I'm getting side tracked.

Anyways I just thought it would be an interesting idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom