• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB4 Dream Thread

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ever had a dream about SSB4 only to wake up and come to the realization that is was just a dream? Here is a thread where you can discuss and read other's SSB4 related dreams and nightmares.

I told this story in another thread, but here are one of my most recent dreams:
I had a dream that I won a contest to be 1 out of 5 people in the world (on some Willy Wonka type $h!t :rotfl:) to fly out to Japan and see SSB4 in it's early stages and recommend 1 character. But in order to recommend a character you would have to beat Sakurai in a 1v1 match with items. I was Yoshi and he picked Metaknight, and I was about to win when an exploding container appeared in front of me and ignited killing me. I then woke up... I to this day am trying to dream a sequel and have my rematch.
I have probably 2 or 3 other dreams I'll post later when i get the chance

Semi-comical-inspirational-video:
[collapse=Tower of Dreamers]
[/collapse]
Post your own SSB4 related dreams & nightmares and solidify yourself as one of SWF's own tower of dreamers...(or nightmarers)

Tower of Dreamers & Nightmarers List:
  1. Moon Monkey
  2. ImaClubYou
  3. Parmesan/ Prince Komic
  4. DakotaBonez
  5. APC99
  6. Fastblade5035
  7. Z1GMA
  8. Rebellious Treecko
  9. BaPr
  10. Hypercat-Z
  11. SmashShadow
  12. SonicMario
  13. APC99
  14. Ascended
  15. chaoswafflez04
  16. Brawler610
  17. Jumpman84
  18. Niko Mar
  19. Fortanono
  20. ChickenWing13
  21. Malion
  22. Renji64
  23. MaskO'Gears
  24. ChickenWing13
  25. S2rulL
  26. Dr.Turtle
  27. Zalak
  28. YoshiandToad
  29. KingKirb
  30. StupendousMike
  31. R.O.B.
  32. Captain Hotcakes
  33. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
  34. MorbidAltruism
  35. KingofPhantoms47
  36. Swampasaur
  37. Louie G.
  38. Mega Bidoof
  39. Crap-Zapper
  40. Layupfreak
  41. Sabrewulf238
  42. Wariofan1
  43. Keybladeguy
  44. Spire
  45. JediLink
  46. LancerStaff
  47. Hippopotasauce
  48. Captain Hotcakes
  49. D-idara
  50. dimensionsword64
  51. Wario Bros.
  52. BridgesWithTurtles
  53. Swampasuar
  54. N. Onymous
  55. Ariand/AEM
  56. CyanideOxide
  57. Kjellson
  58. RouffWestie
  59. CrossoverMan

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I had a dream where I was playing Lloyd Irving..

Then I woke up and cried. However my morning wood was excruciatingly hard on that day...

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I had a dream of SSB4 awhile back and forgot what it was. Already told the dream I had last night in another thread- but I do remember when I got Monster Hunter 3 back in 2010 and over the summer dreaming of playing as my Hunter with an Iron Striker (Hammer weapon) and destroying the competition. On Wario Ware Inc. He played a lot like Ike (my least favorite in the cast of Brawl)...

Anyhow, I'm subcribing and looking forward to upcoming SSB4 dreams. I think they'll be a bit more exciting than daily screens by Sakurai :3

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I had a dream of SSB4 awhile back and forgot what it was. Already told the dream I had last night in another thread- but I do remember when I got Monster Hunter 3 back in 2010 and over the summer dreaming of playing as my Hunter with an Iron Striker (Hammer weapon) and destroying the competition. On Wario Ware Inc. He played a lot like Ike (my least favorite in the cast of Brawl)...

Anyhow, I'm subcribing and looking forward to upcoming SSB4 dreams. I think they'll be a bit more exciting than daily screens by Sakurai :3
Monster Hunter Tri is great. I've played an embarrassing amount of time on it, though... Like 2000 hours. Idk which I play more.. Tales of, Smash, or Monster Hunter, lol.

*Currently hoping for an NA release of MH4*

So yeah. On a related note, I also had this appear in my thoughts before sleeping... I calls it pseudo dreaming, spring up during my daily rap sessions with Smash 4.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
When I was little, I spent many days playing Smash 64 and Donkey Kong 64. (and wishing that Sonic would appear on a nintendo system)

Anyway I had a dream that Diddy Kong and Sonic the Hedgehog were playable in smash 64.
Imagine my brain F%$# when those two appeared in Brawl. Diddy complete with his DK 64 moveset and Sonic a shell of what he once was.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I once had a dream that I got a Wii U AND 3DS alongside both versions of the game and played them, only to find no Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Geno, Sukapon, ANYTHING I wanted. Mega Man wasn't in, Wii Fit Trainer had an alt where she wore a bikini, Toon Link was cut and the main character of the game was MASTER CHIEF. Then I woke up and laughed, only to find today's picture.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
This dream is now relevant due to today's update.

I dreamt that I was walking in a mall, when a huge TV screen on a large wall began to play a Nintendo Direct. I sat down on a bench in the bathroom area to watch. Sakurai then appeared, talking about how he thinks this Smash is the best Smash ever. He then said that he was aware of the West's requests for Ridley, and apologized, saying that Ridley was indeed too big. He then said that he and the team believe they found a way to please multiple fan bases, with F-Arwridley. It was a Landmaster with Ridley's face, wings, and F-Zero car features.
Then I had a different, more sensible dream. The end.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I had a dream there were about 20 small, neurtal, yet unique, competitive stages.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
When I was little, I spent many days playing Smash 64 and Donkey Kong 64. (and wishing that Sonic would appear on a nintendo system)

Anyway I had a dream that Diddy Kong and Sonic the Hedgehog were playable in smash 64.
Imagine my brain F%$# when those two appeared in Brawl. Diddy complete with his DK 64 moveset and Sonic a shell of what he once was.

Watch out, we got a Modern Sonic-hating wimp here.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Watch out, we got a Modern Sonic-hating wimp here.
Modern Sonic is best Sonic. The only sonic game I still like to play is Adventure 2 Battle.
It's just that when I was little (when I had the dream), the cartoony sonic appealed to me, mainly because I didn't own any of the games. When I eventually got my hands on the sonic series, it was on the gamecube with sonic's new hip form in Sonic Advance and the Adventure games. The retro games pale in comparison.

Anyway this thread is for dreams not for sonic debate.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Copying this from the Social Thread...

I had a dream about an hour or so before 1 am last night about SSB4...and I'm not making this up to get replies. I really dreamed this up.

----
Well, Smashbros.com had a picture of Naked Snake/Big Boss from MGS3 with a different outfit crouching in the grass, about to launch a missile at a GRU solider right in front of him.
I saw that as a confirmation of (Solid) Snake of course, but oddly enough, there was no "challenger approaching!" banner and Snake wasn't listed with all the other characters yet.

Can't remember if the pic said Wii U or 3DS in the corner, but I assume it was a 3DS stage, because of Snake Eater 3DS.
I went on...here, and posted the pic along with a funny caption; something like "AND SOME DAY, YOU FEED ON A TREE FROOOOGGG.♪ It's not Groznyj Grad, but it's a MGS3 stage nonetheless."

I went back to site for some reason, and saw more Snake pics near the bottom of screen. One of them went to a YouTube video.
It showed Naked Snake or Solid Snake (don't know which) sneaking along in a swampland, (looked like that brown pond with the leeches and croc cap) and I thought it was a video showcasing the new Masterpieces for SSB4, (a MGS3 3DS demo) but then something happened:

The camera zoomed out and rotated around Snake to show that the swampland was like a huge vast plain with a big brown lake in the middle and mountains in the distance. There was also a big ruined castle-like structure near the left of the screen that had the "window" textures for Stone Tower on it. (not Stone Tower Temple, but the tower outside)

Snake jumped into the lake and swam to an island, and then was pulled up to the air by a row of pull stars from Super Mario Galaxy. I didn't know what was going on at first, but then I realized:

That was the new adventure mode for SSB4.
----

Then I woke up...
I wanted to talk about it as soon as I woke up and came here, but Smashbros.com was gonna update the pic soon and I didn't want to miss it.

----

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I had a dream that Sakurai wanted me to choose all the characters for smash, so I started choosing the weirdest ones possible (Barney, Elmo, Dora, etc.). It turns out that the game was the best selling game of all time, and to celebrate, Sakurai gave me a 4DS and a Wii All (names for the next gen platforms I assume). As soon as I woke up, I had to write it down. So glad I found this thread.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I had a dream where they revealed Bowser Jr. For Smash 4, with the paintbrush and everything. Of course I was a Toad fan, so once again it appears that my dreams are trolling me.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Now this was weird: I dream that in the story mode you had to "plant" houses and shops in the stages you visit. They allow you to get items, bonuses and more tasks. At the same time, by raising the civilization, the people in the background rais the wild monsters in the foreground diminish (eccept at night time), which means less enemies to face but which means even less money to earn (wild monsters release coins and gemes when destroyed). But the point of the game was to bring civilization in every spot of each stages).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I had a dream that they revealed Dixie Kong, Toad and Ridley. They then stated in Ridley's trailer how they had previously complained about his size but that that was no excuse for why the couldn't make him work. I then paused the video to go gloat in the comments section of the video below saying, "Who is too big now, B*****!"

SonicMario

Smash Master
Had a dream not too long ago where Mewtwo was confirmed on the SSB4 site. New form from X&Y and everything. But below Mewtwo as a bit of a shock yet another Pokemon character was revealed. And it wasn't Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, or Jigglypuff. It was Mew. :eek:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A while ago, I had a dream Ridley was revealed on the Smash Dojo. It was weird, though. The Dojo looked a bit like Melee's menu, with wire grids in the background of alternating primary colors. Ridley was blue, and had the appearance from Brawl, but with the eyes of his original appearance in the Metroid concept art. His wing span was as wide as a Pikachu, and 2 Pikachus long. He had several spinning moves, and I believe Sakurai stated something about having to size him down due to "Ridley's increased stature, compared to others."

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I had this dream about a series of event matches in SSB4:
On the background there was a screen with the siloutte of your character in a random pose and you had five seconds to recognize the action that leads to that pose and perform it while defending yourself from the opponents, for several times. Sorta like that famous challenge in Takeshi's Castle.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Had yet another SSB4 dream...

It starts out in some sort of ruins area, like that of Sonic Lost World's desert world, in the background MM6's Flame Man theme. Aztec symbols are plastered on walls made of sand bricks, and puddles of water are in the foreground. The gameplay was amazing, and the two characters "shown off" were Pit and his clone, Dark Pit, who had a different Final Smash and Pit's old Side B. Eventually, the two are walking through what appears to be a brightly-shaded park (think Pokemon) where , just as a remix of MM2's Metal Man begins to play, they encounter a cyan-colored female hero (much like Wonderful 101) titled "Madelyne" in the same vein of the introductions of SSE. They both pull out their bows and charge. It then changes to a gas station where Link stands and waits as carnage happens outside. It fades into me searching up "SSB4 full roster." and Google Images fill with the interior of a log cabin, with different characters each time. The ones I remember are Pac-Man, Deku Link, Proto Man (in his Break Man uniform), Shadow the Hedgehog, Wonder Red, Viewtiful Joe and Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2. There was a big uproar about "Mega Lucario" or something online, as the music slowly faded away.

Ascended

Smash Ace
One dream I had was Wolf and Krystal were confirmed on the official website in the same day. I was pretty excited since I want them both for Sm4sh.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
I barely remember a dream that I had a few days ago other than the fact that I was playing the 3DS version of the game, and I had unlocked either Isaac or Shulk or someone else, and I think Mewtwo was also in the game... that's all I can remember from the dream, but strangely enough, I usually remember most of what happens in my dreams, and apparently that dream was an exception (for some stupid reason, I mean why did it have to be THAT ONE DREAM ABOUT SMASH BROS. THAT I FORGET, WHY?!?! ).

D

Deleted member

I had a rather stupid dream recently.

I went on Miiverse like I usually do every morning and I see Sakurai posting random pictures from Wind Waker HD for some reason. I was thinking, "WTF? Why is he posting these?" And then I checked the website to see Toon Zelda get confirmed. I was confused when that happened.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I actually had a dream of sorts about Smash...

It was a cinematic trailer with Snake and Otacon talking about how Snake couldn't be in Smash 4 because Sakurai wanted him voiced by David Hayter and Kojima didn't. (For some reason, it seems normal for them to be breaking the fourth wall like this.) Otacon says that the fans will be disappointed as his unique moveset would not be featured. Then Snake replies that he's sure that Nintendo will find someone else to continue the legacy.

It then cuts to a scene on Battlefield with Mario and Link fighting. They both get gridlocked and suddenly, they (and we) notice a cardboard box in the background. Obviously remembering the Brawl trailer, Mario and Link break off and turn toward, putting their hands in a "ta-da" kind of stance. Then the box pops up and out comes... Groose dressed in a sneaking suit.

(Cue this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xD1FAOJI84 )

The camera zooms in on him and underneath him the following words appear.

Newcomer: Soldier Groose

He flexes for the camera as he shouts, "THE GROOSE IS LOOSE!" We then cut to Mario and Link with shocked expressions before Link screams and runs away, leaving Mario perplexed. Then it cuts to thirty or so seconds of gameplay footage where we see that he plays exactly like Snake did in Brawl, with a few enhancements. There is no explanation as to why Groose is wearing a sneaking suit or has all of Snake's moves or anything. Then, the footage fades and the logo for Super Smash Bros. comes up with the Coming 2014.

Yes, it was all kinds of messed up.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Yet another strange dream...

November 1st, Red the Pokemon Trainer was revealed. But now, his Final Smash summons all 151 Kanto Pokemon (plus Missingno). He screams, "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" as he opens a Pokeball and they spill out and stampede through the stage. He presses his Pokeball again as he tilts his hat and they all go back in. But he was revealed alongside Pac-Man, sporting his Pac-Man Party appearance. BUT HE WAS A BALL THE ENTIRE TIME. His specials were basically Sonic clones, and he was bouncy. Pac-Man only did his signature chomping once as his dash attack. He never sports arms or legs, doesn't Butt Bounce or eat Pac-Dots, he just rolls and spins as his attacks.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I had the weirdest freakin dream that Waluigi was revealed on the Smash Bros website, and the website layout was completely different but dream logic made me accept it lol (gotta love dream logic :awesome:) . I don't know why it was Waluigi of all people, but it's probably because I laughed my @$$ off at this picture before I went to sleep. I want this to be a Smash reality, this is what dreams are made of :troll:.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Warning! The next one is pretty stupid but enough funny to tell.
Actually it's an old one I just remembered.
Do you remember the big Tirannosaurus Rex in Starfox Adventures.
Well, I dreamt it was one of the bosses in the story mode (I was using Fox) and you had to fight him whilek it was chasing you in looping background. No energy bar for it, but as it was being hitten his skin was falling away, revealing it was robotic rather than organic. And his robo-skeleton design was very close to the one of the terminator.
Eeeyup! A mix among this:

And this:

OK! Now it's becoming very clichè: As its calves started sparkling I insisted on them, and then on one specific one, till it broke. A small cutscene showed it, while was starting an industrial version this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I34nshlOPk
And then it started hobbling while the background was moving inside a factory, and then looping again. Till I broke even the other calf and he crashed on his chest. Another small cutscene and an industrial version of this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1jknZp0ic
Now he was crawling on his stumps and his small arms, without weak spots to hit anymore. So how did I destroy it? Simple: A trigger appeared on the ceiling of the looping background, so I guessed I had to hit it, and the ceiling started to drop very quickly. With a bit of he escaped on panic I ran forward the right till the scrolling stopped and Fox dissapeared on the border of the screen. Then another small cutscenes showd him sliding of the dropping ceiling, while the "Terminator Rex" was being crushed underneath.

D

Deleted member

I remember this strange dream that I had where I was doing some weird report for SSB4… I'm not even a reporter or interviewer, but I managed to do one.

Then, I sneakily started to play SSB4… but sneaky as in taking the controller and start playing without consent or anything and I just grabbed the controller while saying "Hahaha!". I chose Luigi and then Sakurai came and wanted to fight me. I think he chose Mega Man. Anyways, I fought and Luigi was moving like crazy! He was moving incredibly fast and he was moving everywhere at some lightning fast speeds! I think that I even encountered some wavedashing in the game since Luigi got some sliding distance!

I forgot the aftermath of the fight or who won...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
This was strange: I dreamt I was fighting Sonic in a stage inspired to the Starlight Zone, and every while Tails, Rouge, Cream and Charmy Bee were flying before the moon. It felt familiar, so I tried to win without taking damage to unlock something. And I successed in it. And who did appear? Vector!! Of all the sonic chars such him. Why?? Then I realized that was a MK1 Reptile spoof and Vector was the only reptile in the series.
At first I was disappointed, very disappointed, but then I noticed he was trong and skillful. And when I successed in win and play as him I found he was pretty handy to use.
Still IRL I don't want him.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I had dream last night that Little Mac was revealed and movements were very similar to Dudley from Street Fighter 4. He was about the same size as Link and he had a counter move where he would flash and when hit he would react with an upper cut with particle stars flying out.

When I woke up and checked the site, I saw the challenger approaching banner load up, i thought Little Mac was actually gonna be raveled and that my dream was tell me something and then saw Marth pop up.
A bit disappointed and happy at the same time.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Had a nightmare about tripping.

I woke up with a sigh of relief.

The second I went to go eat breakfast I tripped down the flight of stairs. Fml

Malion

Smash Ace
I had a dream about being on here last night actually... we were discussing an update showing a new level... which was basically just a snowy moutain. there was debate on if it was ice climbers of tropical freeze but ultimately it was advertising Mario and sonic winter olympics. lol.

Renji64

Smash Lord
My Dream smash 4 was good enough to please everyone and had a good roster. But thus it is only a dream due this won't happen.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I dreamed a dream... That Skull Kid, Professor Layton, and Dillon got confirmed.

I woke to a strange hope that it would come true! XD

Top Bottom