• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well it doesn't add much to the conversation but here's some fan-art I found.

Click here for the source and the Peach equivalent.
That nice, but it still doesn't beat this gem that I've found. I would least imagine Daisy as the trademark bossy female leader with her own criminal team. Anyone who had watched Yatterman before would know who they are cosplaying as.

Ok since you asked, here's the version with alts. I hope it doesn't look messy

I feel like this poster just sort of boots people's interest in seeing Daisy in Smash because seeing her lined up with the other princess and other female smashers just lets them think "Damn, we really do need Daisy in this game" haha
I've seen the progress on Tumblr myself and you've done a fantastic job at convincing the masses. Which reminds me that I need to find what James made last night before I eventually have to get back to studying. :urg:

Edit: I've found and you've really outdone yourself @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux . :troll:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Making a Daisy Mii Fighter, got her a s a Brawler with the "super ball" (shot put) but what should the others be?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh? You've found it then?

But how do you know it's the right one? :troll:
You said something bout your Rosalina pic getting the most attention and I've seen both in your style. :troll:

Hey, I'm back. I'm just going to be posting relevant images from time to time if that's OK.
I've looked back at the original Daisy Smash Ballot image with her voting for Dark Daisy and it's trending at 24,000 on Tumblr. I guess that's even more prove of her popularity for the naysayers out there who believe the Tumblr poll is rigged. :laugh:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yes, the kick executes an energetic pose and she like she's making a certain gesture that Craig would do. :pimp:
I'm more surprised that my style was consistent between the two pictures. Rosalina was a massive technical leap for me.

So what do you think of my newest one? :4dedede:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm more surprised that my style was consistent between the two pictures. Rosalina was a massive technical leap for me.

So what do you think of my newest one? :4dedede:
Is it ok that I use the term wonderful? Because that would be the best way to describe your newest piece.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Is it ok that I use the term wonderful? Because that would be the best way to describe your newest piece.
Wonderful? So she tops Rosalina and Daisy? :4pacman:

It was my first completely digital piece, so I'm glad~ :happysheep:

The alternate versions are up on Tumblr now too. :troll:

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I just saw PKSparkxx's Mario Kart 8 livestream and somecallmejohnny apparently likes Daisy. Should we advertise Daisy in Sm4sh to him, too? (We definitely shouldn't advertise her to PK, though. He hates her with a burning passion.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's funny. Before Smash 4 came out support for Daisy was quiet. It think it was because those that wanted her spent time on more "worthy" characters. But now that Dr Mario returned and Rosalina got in there's less argument that she's not significant. Plus Waluigi being trapped as an assist trophy is a nice bonus.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
That nice, but it still doesn't beat this gem that I've found. I would least imagine Daisy as the trademark bossy female leader with her own criminal team. Anyone who had watched Yatterman before would know who they are cosplaying as.

I've seen the progress on Tumblr myself and you've done a fantastic job at convincing the masses. Which reminds me that I need to find what James made last night before I eventually have to get back to studying. :urg:

Edit: I've found and you've really outdone yourself @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux . :troll:
I always felt like Captain Syrup would be the Doronjo in such a situation. lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just saw PKSparkxx's Mario Kart 8 livestream and somecallmejohnny apparently likes Daisy. Should we advertise Daisy in Sm4sh to him, too? (We definitely shouldn't advertise her to PK, though. He hates her with a burning passion.)
PKSparkxx though, I've seen his Top Five Most Hated Mario Characters video already, it's not really surprising given that he finds her annoying. We should totally say "Hi, I'm Daisy" on his videos over and over again to make him lose his mind. :troll:

But all jokes aside, we should find some way of getting somecallmejohnny's attention. Probably by speaking with him on his Google+ account about this community?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's funny. Before Smash 4 came out support for Daisy was quiet. It think it was because those that wanted her spent time on more "worthy" characters. But now that Dr Mario returned and Rosalina got in there's less argument that she's not significant. Plus Waluigi being trapped as an assist trophy is a nice bonus.
If you don't mind my asking, what about :4bowserjr:? Heck, aside from Jr., we definitely should not forget about :4larry:,:4morton:,:4wendy:,:4iggy:,:4roy:,:4lemmy:, and :4ludwig:...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hey guys you'll probably think i am stupid for asking this but: Who is somecallmejohnny and in what way would he help us? Please don't hate me!

And one more thing: How big is Daisy's support in japan? If it's not too much to ask.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
If you don't mind my asking, what about :4bowserjr:? Heck, aside from Jr., we definitely should not forget about :4larry:,:4morton:,:4wendy:,:4iggy:,:4roy:,:4lemmy:, and :4ludwig:...
I think Bowser Jr. was highly requested and the Koopalings were Sakurai's idea. Support for Daisy definitely was low before Smash 4 came out. The ballot must have catalyzed support for Daisy, though.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hey guys you'll probably think i am stupid for asking this but: Who is somecallmejohnny and in what way would he help us? Please don't hate me!

And one more thing: How big is Daisy's support in japan? If it's not too much to ask.
I'd say she's quite popular in Japan. She's gets a lot of fanart, especially on the website Pixiv. Usually they're cute, innocent and pretty pictures, while other times it's Japanese Daisy hentai. LOL

Here are some examples:
I don't know what this comic means.

Full size:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...apanese.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150512032115

Also another:
Don't know what any of it says but it has Link, Zelda, and Bellsprout lol

Full size: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net..._comic2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150512032543
Also some Japanese fan made a moveset idea for her.

Apparently they also want her sports outfit to be an alternate costume

Full size: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ant_her.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150419150709

In this mini comic, a Japanese fan acknowledges Nintendo's negligence of Daisy by having her openly beg for King Boo to capture her so that she can have an important game role. At least, that's what I'm 99% sure this comic is about.

Full size: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...once!!!.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150512032953

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think Bowser Jr. was highly requested and the Koopalings were Sakurai's idea. Support for Daisy definitely was low before Smash 4 came out. The ballot must have catalyzed support for Daisy, though.
Spot on in my case. As soon as Nintendo announced the ballot the first character that came to mind was Daisy, even tough i had some minor conflict to either choose Daisy or Isaac, i quickly took notice that Isaac had a lot of fans going for him, and decided to give my vote for Daisy instead.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Somecallmejohnny is a famous YouTuber who is known for doing lifestreams of games on Nintendo platforms and PC software. Since @ E Edward Rochester said that he likes Daisy, we are thinking of ways in which he can give a shoutout to us or even convince his fans to vote for her.

While the data from @PushDustIn is a bit outdated by two months, she is practically the 8th most requested DLC character that isn't a veteran nor third party. Part of the main reasons why she had received such support before the ballot's announcement is that the Japanese fans were upset by Rosalina being playable over her.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Somecallmejohnny is a famous YouTuber who is known for doing lifestreams of games on Nintendo platforms and PC software. Since @ E Edward Rochester said that he likes Daisy, we are thinking of ways in which he can give a shoutout to us or even convince his fans to vote for her.

While the data from @PushDustIn is a bit outdated by two months, she is practically the 8th most requested DLC character that isn't a veteran nor third party. Part of the main reasons why she had received such support before the ballot's announcement is that the Japanese fans were upset by Rosalina being playable over her.

Thanks man! Also i like to think that Daisy's fanbase is starting to be more united than ever seeing that this is a golden chance to let Nintendo know that despite how they have overused Rosalina lately, she still has a lot of fans out there that would like to see her in more than just spin-offs.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
As fellow Daisy fans, what do you think are her chances of getting into Smash? Go from percentage of 0 to 100% or from 1 to 10.

I don't mean to sound conceited, but I honestly would say she has an 90% chance or 9 out of 10 probability of getting in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As fellow Daisy fans, what do you think are her chances of getting into Smash? Go from percentage of 0 to 100% or from 1 to 10.

I don't mean to sound conceited, but I honestly would say she has an 90% chance or 9 out of 10 probability of getting in.
As long as certain competitors exists (especially a certain fungus head that had a major Wii U title), I would realistically give her an 80% rating.

If I were to include my bias however and consider the other possible Mario ideas having flaws with them (Nintendo not wanting to promote Captain Toad, Waluigi being "dead" due to his AT role, ect.), then I would give her a full on 95% rating. :awesome:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

Conceited (adjective): having a high or exaggerated opinion of oneself or one's accomplishments.

... the hell? :4jigglypuff:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I'd say around 85%. As long as competitors like Paper Mario etc. Are in the picture her chances won't be 100%.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Conceited (adjective): having a high or exaggerated opinion of oneself or one's accomplishments.

... the hell? :4jigglypuff:
Ok maybe I used the wrong word, I meant I didn't mean to sound too full of myself. Don't get so feisty

Oh damn.. I just remembered something. There are rumors of a new Paper Mario U coming out... I hope this doesn't mean Paper Mario as DLC... :( :(

Well I mean it's good news for those that want Paper Mario in Smash, but it hurts Daisy's chances...

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/10/rumour-paper-mario-wii-u-in-development-by-intelligent-systems/

Last edited by a moderator:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Ok maybe I used the wrong word, I meant I didn't mean to sound too full of myself. Don't get so feisty
Oook... if that is what you meant, then you used the right word... *backs away slowly*

*comes back* ...but why would you sound full of yourself wen making a prediction about Daisy's chances to be in? Do you identify with Daisy so much that you made her rating yours? :troll:

I thought I might share this with you guys. Credit goes to Furboz @ Deviantart.com
View attachment 51285
"I'll find you and..."
I knew voting for Shantae would make me lose my life.

Good thing I have extra lives. :troll:

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Oh damn.. I just remembered something. There are rumors of a new Paper Mario U coming out... I hope this doesn't mean Paper Mario as DLC... :( :(

Well I mean it's good news for those that want Paper Mario in Smash, but it hurts Daisy's chances...

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/10/rumour-paper-mario-wii-u-in-development-by-intelligent-systems/
Don't worry about it, it's just a rumor, if it's true then we'll see it at the next E3. And if it is, then i guess we'll really have to go into overdrive in order to win this;).

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice

I would say 50-65%? I wouldn't say that she's a shoe-in, but she does have a chance.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
My girlfriend doesn't play Smash, but I was able to convince her to vote for Daisy in the Ballot, since her and I are also avid Daisy fans.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'm a pessimist, and think about 20% at best.

:231:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I'm a pessimist, and think about 20% at best.

On the flip-side, I'm an optimist, so I'll say 80% (because I'm fairly sure there's concurrence, but I'm also sure that she has a HUGE chance)

"I'll find you and..."
I knew voting for Shantae would make me lose my life.

Good thing I have extra lives. :troll:
*robs you of your extra lives and relocates you next to Daisy's apartment in the Mushroom Kingdom* You should know that Shantae and Bayonetta are characters for perverts (they are either almost naked on certain body parts, in the case of Shantae, or completely *censored* characters, in the case of Bayonetta).

I thought I might share this with you guys. Credit goes to Furboz @ Deviantart.com
View attachment 51285
ANOTHER DRAWN COMIC!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Except that one is done by a guy on DeviantArt who is known for doing sexy art of the Mario princesses. No exceptions after all. :laugh:
Well thank goodness that he is spreading support in his own way.

You said something bout your Rosalina pic getting the most attention and I've seen both in your style. :troll:

I've looked back at the original Daisy Smash Ballot image with her voting for Dark Daisy and it's trending at 24,000 on Tumblr. I guess that's even more prove of her popularity for the naysayers out there who believe the Tumblr poll is rigged. :laugh:
Wait, there are people who think that the results of that poll are false/ manipulated? Are they really that butthurt?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, there are people who think that the results of that poll are false/ manipulated? Are they really that butthurt?
Yes, and they are too ignorant to realize that plenty of Daisy fans inhabit Tumblr WAAAAAYYYY before the Smash Ballot was a thing. Then again, most people who don't have an account (not saying any names) would avoid it like the plague just because of the rampant SJW's there.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

After the train wreck that was Sticker Star, I hope they've learnt their lessons. I hope there's paper Daisy in it. Since Luigi became an adventurer in TTYD, maybe they could expand on it. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Daisy has a tumblr fandom because she stands out against Peach who is the poster girl for damsel in distress and doesn't have a personality beyond "save me Mario" and "let's have cake".

In the same way Luigi doesn't have much of a personality beyond being reluctant and easily spooked but he's got much more depth than Mario who's only character flaw is a competitive streak and as Power Tennis showed, being a passive aggressive sore loser (in contrast to Wario's tantrums and Waluigi's tennis racket eating).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

I would say it would go either way.

On one hand, playable in many popular
games

On other hands, large hate base and neglect by Nintendo. They gave Alph and the Koopalings alts and promoted Dr.Mario and Lucina from alts to having a full slot on the CSS. And Dark Pit.

Yet Peach still has THAT costume.

Top Bottom