• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
User was warned for this post
Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...Y'know, It'd be hilarious if there was an easter egg (hypothetically in Smash 4) where Snake could Fulton knocked out opponents and "extract" them up to the upper blast line.

----

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting a little series of Snake support drawings on miiverse:

Every day until the end of the ballot, I will try to upload another support image. I'm thinking about drawing a different iteration of Snake every day, starting with MGS2 Snake.

I might be stumped with assignments this week, so I might not have the time to draw a new image every day. But I will definitely try.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Every day until the end of the ballot, I will try to upload another support image. I'm thinking about drawing a different iteration of Snake every day, starting with MGS2 Snake.

I might be stumped with assignments this week, so I might not have the time to draw a new image every day. But I will definitely try.
Just do whatever you can. You still have all week.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Guys, since we just got trolled, by Karma rules, we should get Snake 4 Smash! Lol...but seriously, start trashing the Ballot with support for Snake

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Was the trolling really necessary? Anyway, I've been playing a a lot of MGS4 and it's incredible, especially the B&B unit. Their fights are riveting and intense, and the unique gameplay elects they bring is invigorating and dynamic. They set such a powerful tone and you really strike a connection with them. Aside fro that though, the gameplay elements are amazing. Stealth is better, the flowing and evolving maps & conditions, and battle can occur at the drop of a hat. It also really cool to the elements that inspired Snake in Brawl here. I hope MGS5 is just as good.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing The Phantom Pain, and honestly, screw the Skull Unit. I'm on mission 16, where you have to steal a specific truck, and if you get close to the truck, they'll automatically spawn all around it. Stay, and you die almost instantly. Leave, and they blow up the truck, making you automatically lose. Even with the chicken hat, they still spot you immediately, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do here.

I have read that, if you head straight for the airport once the mission starts, the tanks won't be there, so you won't have to sneak around/Fulton them. I'll give that a shot; otherwise, I'm stumped.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Really? I feel like the B&B units are pretty weak bosses. I love some of the fights (Crying Wolf and Laughing Beauty make great bossfights, as well as Screaming Mantis) but I feel like I didn't get as much of a connection with them as I do with a lot of Metal Gear bosses. I can see why people like them, though.

MGS4 is great, I think it actually does stealth really well, which is weird because seems like MGS4 is a game that people absolutely love or absolutely hate.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I finally made the Smash Snake Tourney

GRAND TOURNAMENT OF SNAKE
SEPTEMBER 20 - OCTOBER 12

CODE: 60232648506788 SNAKE TOURNEY II

Please invite more people from this and other threads of Smashboards and outside
Vote and play!

SNAKE TOURNEY3.jpg

A quick poster, If want add or correct something contact me!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I'm doing something similar, but I 'm not nearly as good as you...
WVW69ibi-sQR7bBwg7.png

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

A miiverse post I made awhile back.
Snake's defining feature, and the true reason he needs to return!

I just thought of something. The miiverse stage has always been full of some kooky drawings. So if Snake returns, will his support page be a display of his "assets"?

EDIT: This has nothing to do with my post, BUTT I accidentally arrived at my campus 4 1/2 hours early today...
I guess I should probably remember to check my schedule before getting on a 1 hour bus ride...

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing The Phantom Pain, and honestly, screw the Skull Unit. I'm on mission 16, where you have to steal a specific truck, and if you get close to the truck, they'll automatically spawn all around it. Stay, and you die almost instantly. Leave, and they blow up the truck, making you automatically lose. Even with the chicken hat, they still spot you immediately, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do here.

I have read that, if you head straight for the airport once the mission starts, the tanks won't be there, so you won't have to sneak around/Fulton them. I'll give that a shot; otherwise, I'm stumped.
Best place to get the truck is in the airport. Snipe everyone and work your way to the truck - you can use quite.

Get the guards by the truck first - the two of them so it doesn't take off.

Either Fulton the tanks or mortor them.

Make sure you have D-Horse! If you have quite - swap out - you need D Horse to get away.

Fulton the truck and have DHorse take you to safety.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Really? I feel like the B&B units are pretty weak bosses. I love some of the fights (Crying Wolf and Laughing Beauty make great bossfights, as well as Screaming Mantis) but I feel like I didn't get as much of a connection with them as I do with a lot of Metal Gear bosses. I can see why people like them, though.

MGS4 is great, I think it actually does stealth really well, which is weird because seems like MGS4 is a game that people absolutely love or absolutely hate.
I guess strike a connection isn't the best phrase. What I was trying to say is that Kojima did a really good job of displaying the emotions and trauma of each one and delivering to the player.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
CP_srVlUEAA6xR1.jpg

So how do you most often play Metal Gear? Slow and strategic, or go loud and shoot anything that moves?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, something's been bothering me about Snake that makes me pessimistic about his odds lately.

He's not someone that can reasonably be given the "low priority" excuse like Lucas or Wolf.
He's not someone that would be scrapped for development issues like the Ice Climbers (I assume).
And he's not someone who would be considered superfluous/pointless like Squirtle and Ivysaur without Pokémon Trainer.

So for what possible reason could he have been excluded that DLC somehow negates?
Can you guys help me here?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, something's been bothering me about Snake that makes me pessimistic about his odds lately.

He's not someone that can reasonably be given the "low priority" excuse like Lucas or Wolf.
He's not someone that would be scrapped for development issues like the Ice Climbers (I assume).
And he's not someone who would be considered superfluous/pointless like Squirtle and Ivysaur without Pokémon Trainer.

So for what possible reason could he have been excluded that DLC somehow negates?
I think that Konami/Kojima could have given Sakurai the OK again during Smash 4's development just like how Sonic returned relatively quickly, unless I'm missing something. Kojima even said in an interview, "Sakurai, if you're reading this, it's ok to include him again" or something along those lines. And not counting Konami's current issues or rating concerns, I can't really think of anything either.

I remember everyone on Gamefaqs would always put Snake on their "I bet this character is cut" lists. Sounds crazy, but I kinda think they jinxed Snake then by making him the go to for the chopping block.

D

Deleted member

I think that Konami/Kojima could have given Sakurai the OK again during Smash 4's development just like how Sonic returned relatively quickly, unless I'm missing something. Kojima even said in an interview, "Sakurai, if you're reading this, it's ok to include him again" or something along those lines. And not counting Konami's current issues or rating concerns, I can't really think of anything either.

I remember everyone on Gamefaqs would always put Snake on their "I bet this character is cut" lists. Sounds crazy, but I kinda think they jinxed Snake then by making him the go to for the chopping block.
It was actually more along the lines of "If Sakurai is watching this, please include Snake" after stating that he has had no involvement in Smash 4 and that Snake isn't likely going to be in it.
So I don't think permission was the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
It's kinda a mystery. His absence is one worth addressing--but hasn't been. Not exactly priority, but I could imagine someone giving Sakurai a wink and nod saying "we already gave them Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man--why don't save Snake for some extra moolah in case this DLC thing takes off"

It would be the perfect tragedy is Snake & Wolf were the Mewtwo & Roy of Brawl

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman

They may have just figured that it would be too much hassle to bring him back (in the core product at least) on top of everything else they were doing. Also guest characters don't normally return in fighting games, so while one might look at it as Snake being cut, it might be more the case that Sonic was granted the special chance to return due to his massive popularity. If he doesn't return as DLC they really do need to give a straight answer as to why not though.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I mean, in hindsight, Mewtwo not being in the base game was a let down and he was expected even more

jamesster445

Smash Lord

If I had to guess its the fandom. Before Smash 4 came out I watched a lot of countdowns and never was metal gear or the characters mentioned in them. Yet sonic and ALL of his friends were always there. By the way Metal Gear has tons of potential for playable characters. Revengeance gave movesets for Raiden, Sam, and Bladewolf, Major bosses like Liquid, and the Senator have tons of potential, and Naked Snake wouldn't need to be a clone entirely thanks to the time difference of their games (then again...).

But to sum it up, no one seemed to care about Snake when this game was being worked on. So why should the developers. It's strange considering that Snake was kinda the star, the MVP of Brawl. He had the Codecs, a role in subspace emissary that wasn't just shoe horned in at the end, and easily the best moveset especially when compared to Sonic who only rolled around in a ball.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
But to sum it up, no one seemed to care about Snake when this game was being worked on.
That's an odd conclusion. It's not like people were grinding their gears and shouting support for Jigglypuff or Olimar--and they're still here. Also, one might confuse his "lack of support" with "I expect him to be there so why should I support him?" I mean you just listed out the reasons for people to WANT him back. Going back to Olimar, he was a PAIN for Sakurai to put in--Snake was as advertised for Brawl as much as Brawl's theme was played around the game--and that theme is freaking everywhere in the game. Maybe Sakurai got sick of him XD no but seriously, maybe it was a combination of multiple things
1. His moveset, compared to the fast sonic, was slow and full of tactics. They were designed around Brawl's gameplay. Perhaps it was difficult making him adapt to 4's gameplay.
2. Perhaps Konami was greedy--wanting more for Snake to be in Smash and if he was unappreciated than Sakurai wouldn't deem it worthy to include him.
3. Maybe Sony wanted the rights to the character for use in All Stars
(From this point on, possibilities I don't agree with)
4. Because he's too violent
5. Because he doesn't fit in with other characters
6. Because Sakurai

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I still find it very strange how Snake was not included in PSASBR. He's the poster boy of Metal Gear, yet they go for Cyborg Ninja Raiden.

I used to think that maybe Snake wasn't included in PSASBR because of his appearance in Smash. One of the PSASBR developers talked about playing a lot of Brawl for research, so maybe the developer respected Smash by letting Nintendo keep Snake for their crossover fighter.

Realistically thinking, they went with Raiden to advertise the future release of Rising, yet everyone expected Snake. So if there is eveer a PSASBR 2 within the next couple years, I think that Venom Snake is pretty much a shoo-in. But hopefully that wouldn't affect Snake's chances to come back to Smash, I would much rather have Snake return to Smash. (I have played PSASBR, i'm just not a huge fan of it's combat system)

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
That's an odd conclusion. It's not like people were grinding their gears and shouting support for Jigglypuff or Olimar--and they're still here.
Snake, as you can see, is a controversial character. There were people who did not want him back. There are people now who are happy he is gone and want to keep it that way. Perhaps developers thought these people were more important than they actually are (considering Snake is consistently top 5 requested and #1 third party).

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Like I said, it's annoying how Snake has not been addressed. He has not been shot down like the Ice Climbers, but he hasn't exactly been hinted at.
I like to believe that Sakurai is trying to work with him but through unknown difficulties, could not get him in the main game, between the newcomers being focused in for the base game, and Melee vets getting DLC, Brawl has yet to see its turn (Lucas is a start :p).

KimKarsmashian KimKarsmashian Roy DLC. I'm sure said people who do not like Snake would've preferred him over "third Marth" as many people call him. I feel this shows Sakurai is against the haters, caring more about people who love their vets before those haters. Ugh, I just want Snake back XD. Once a Smasher, always a smasher--no matter how much hate they receive--except Young Link.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
phew..finally finished the game so the media blackout is over and i can return. Anything exciting happen while i was gone?
I'm impressed you were able to isolate yourself like that. But you missed nothing much. Typical MG love letters, outwitting 'Nintendo Purists", memes, and general celebration of Metal Gear and each other.

So should I buy TPP, even if I only have a PS3?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
"Kept you waiting" will have a whole other meaning if Snake does indeed become DLC

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: Quick question. Does the ballot end on the 3rd, or is the 3rd the last day you can vote? I don't want to be getting the numbers wrong on my support drawings :x

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I've been making some "vote Snake!" posts for the Miiverse stage, especially for Sonic since they were buddies in Brawl.

Also Scoliosis please personally send that article to everyone claiming Konami is leaving gaming and therefore no Snake because "I don't understand big businesses, therefore Sakurai doesn't either."

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I love how Rope Snake is capitalized in Lucas's DLC description--like what?? Snake???? #SnakeConfirmed

jamesster445

Smash Lord
That's an odd conclusion. It's not like people were grinding their gears and shouting support for Jigglypuff or Olimar--and they're still here. Also, one might confuse his "lack of support" with "I expect him to be there so why should I support him?" I mean you just listed out the reasons for people to WANT him back. Going back to Olimar, he was a PAIN for Sakurai to put in--Snake was as advertised for Brawl as much as Brawl's theme was played around the game--and that theme is freaking everywhere in the game. Maybe Sakurai got sick of him XD no but seriously, maybe it was a combination of multiple things
1. His moveset, compared to the fast sonic, was slow and full of tactics. They were designed around Brawl's gameplay. Perhaps it was difficult making him adapt to 4's gameplay.
2. Perhaps Konami was greedy--wanting more for Snake to be in Smash and if he was unappreciated than Sakurai wouldn't deem it worthy to include him.
(From this point on, possibilities I don't agree with)
4. Because he's too violent
5. Because he doesn't fit in with other characters
6. Because Sakurai

1. I don't think tactics are bad for Smash 4, this is the game that brought us Robin, a tactition, just saiyan.
2. A theory and considering recent Konami news, would not surprise me.
3. But they got Raiden and that was also done to promote the upcoming Metal Gear Rising.
4. He does break necks for his pummel. Then again Wario still punches people in ****.
5. Which has always been his charm. And considering all the wierd characters in Metal Gear, cyborg ninjas, psychics, and vampires, are you gonna say that Snake doesn't fit in with Metal Gear?
6. Indeed.

Top Bottom