• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Cast discusses and analyzes Sheik's reveal!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This is all I got from that video
Sheik looks manlier
Bair confirmed
Nair confirmed
Overall I didn't like the video as it was very calm almost to the point that it was putting me to sleep and you guys really didn't give your impressions on Sheik at all. Instead you gave us your thoughts on each image individually without any sort of analyzation or speculation on what this ment for Sheik. Please don't make another video like that as with even 30 viewers you have wasted over 8 hours of people time.

edit: Due to writing 'conformed' instead of confirmed. It's good to see I still can't type.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Sheik looks manlier
Bair conformed
Nair conformed
Overall I didn't like the video as it was very calm almost to the point that it was putting me to sleep and you guys really didn't give your impressions on Sheik at all. Instead you gave us your thoughts on each image individually without any sort of analyzation or speculation on what this ment for Sheik.
What would you like us to talk about?

(I wasn't in the video btw, so I couldn't bring in any discussions :p)

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Seemed really chatty, and very much not to the point.

I think you're kinda between a rock and a hard place.

Smashboards, and many of the smash community to which you can get attention with your videos are going to be interested in technical information, breakdowns, and commentary that brings up interesting points and questions, with filler being relevant to the point of the video, and not off topic tangents or jokes.

But Youtube rewards videos which draw out their information, and viewership, over as long a period as possible, which is what your current approach would probably be very good at. You're probably basing your format on other sucessful videos Id guess.

In any case, how you intend to reach your audience will decide where you need to go. Since you seem to be depending on direct links, definitely appeal to the tastes of viewers here or wherever you post.

Regardless, high quality is beneficial in both arenas.

Other behavior which youtube rewards, which doesn't have to affect your video, is things like consistent content, Regular, or even scheduled releases. Multi-video series, um, and... Yeah, I think thats about all I can think of ATM.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What would you like us to talk about?

(I wasn't in the video btw, so I couldn't bring in any discussions :p)
Well normally I imagine when we were only getting picture updates that you couldn't speculate too much but video footage is a different matter. You should play special attention to every detail in video footage.

For example In those short 18 seconds of sheik footage they showed us, sheik jabs, sheik rapid jabs, a possible finisher which may or may not be optional for her rapid jabs, backroll, ftilt, ditlt, ditlt sweet spot knock back, ftilt knock back, usmash, 2nd hit usmash, push back when shielded usmash, the shield stun for usmash, side B burst grenade, how burst grenade explosion is falling, how the start up animation is long but the move has short cool down, new down B bouncing fish, how it knock back looks almost perfectly horizontal, how sheik bounces far off her opponent, and how quick the entire animation is.

Since I'm still typing here a little food for thought, between everything I listed, the pictures in your video and the super short extra of Sheik in greninja section we know about...
jabs, rapid jabs, ftilt, dtilt, nair, bair, side B, down B, and neutral b.

You could also argue that because of the eighth picture in your video that up B is going to be the same since before brawl was released we got teased by a very similar picture.

There's a lot to talk about and speculate on, so pretty much anything I listed above.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Sheik looks manlier
Bair confirmed
Nair confirmed
Overall I didn't like the video as it was very calm almost to the point that it was putting me to sleep and you guys really didn't give your impressions on Sheik at all. Instead you gave us your thoughts on each image individually without any sort of analyzation or speculation on what this ment for Sheik. Please don't make another video like that as with even 30 viewers you have wasted over 8 hours of people time.

edit: Due to writing 'conformed' instead of confirmed. It's good to see I still can't type.
You might need to amp up your attention span - that, or our BG music seduced you into sleeping way too easily. Seriously dude, in that video, we talk about big things, like:
  • how beautiful her model is
  • what moves she could've done to make the poses she does in her screenshots
  • how she attacked Samus with a back-air close to ground, confirming short hops (and potentially L-Canceling)
  • her new moves, and how they might work
  • how her ninja-style gameplay has been a favorite since Melee (for us, personally)'
Also, you don't seem to know what the word impressions means. This wasn't a full on analysis, yet we still tried to cover every screen and her new moves. We're not trying to get you (even more) rock hard for Sheik, my dude. We covered what we found most important, and yes, boobs are important, LOL.

Seemed really chatty, and very much not to the point.

I think you're kinda between a rock and a hard place.

Smashboards, and many of the smash community to which you can get attention with your videos are going to be interested in technical information, breakdowns, and commentary that brings up interesting points and questions, with filler being relevant to the point of the video, and not off topic tangents or jokes.

But Youtube rewards videos which draw out their information, and viewership, over as long a period as possible, which is what your current approach would probably be very good at. You're probably basing your format on other sucessful videos Id guess.

In any case, how you intend to reach your audience will decide where you need to go. Since you seem to be depending on direct links, definitely appeal to the tastes of viewers here or wherever you post.

Regardless, high quality is beneficial in both arenas.

Other behavior which youtube rewards, which doesn't have to affect your video, is things like consistent content, Regular, or even scheduled releases. Multi-video series, um, and... Yeah, I think thats about all I can think of ATM.
Dude, this is really great feedback, actually. I appreciate this, and I'm sure The Smash Cast does as well. Thank you.

Top Bottom