• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shaikhnbake

Smash Rookie
Umm hello. I just recently got Project M and my Wii hacked. I have replaced like 1 costume for charizard for a mega one and thats about how much experience i have with project m. My question is, can i use this project for Project M. I know in the title it says not working with Project M but i didnt know if it is like working as in working withe the team or whatever. So if anyone could tell me if this works with Prject M 3.6 i would be so thankful. Thanks again.

Darxmarx

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarxMarx
3DS FC
2020-0150-5391
Umm hello. I just recently got Project M and my Wii hacked. I have replaced like 1 costume for charizard for a mega one and thats about how much experience i have with project m. My question is, can i use this project for Project M. I know in the title it says not working with Project M but i didnt know if it is like working as in working withe the team or whatever. So if anyone could tell me if this works with Prject M 3.6 i would be so thankful. Thanks again.
The title of this thread refers to the fact that the default Smash 3 pack is not compatible with Project M. If you would like to have a build that does work with PM, I'd recommend this build created by @ Dreamtastic72 Dreamtastic72 . It includes all characters released by the Smash 3 Team as well as different character alts. that were made by the contributors at Smash 3C, a community effort to bring Smash 3's glory to other costumes.

shaikhnbake

Smash Rookie
The title of this thread refers to the fact that the default Smash 3 pack is not compatible with Project M. If you would like to have a build that does work with PM, I'd recommend this build created by @ Dreamtastic72 Dreamtastic72 . It includes all characters released by the Smash 3 Team as well as different character alts. that were made by the contributors at Smash 3C, a community effort to bring Smash 3's glory to other costumes.
Thank you so much. I am downloading Dreamtastic72's build as I write this. Do you know what I would need to do to incorporate the build into Project M? Thanks again for all your help.

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
Thank you so much. I am downloading Dreamtastic72's build as I write this. Do you know what I would need to do to incorporate the build into Project M? Thanks again for all your help.
You just have to drag it over to the root of the SD card that has a fresh install of PM 3.6b and replace the files that are on the SD card already.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Later if i can, i'll try fixing Mewtwo's animations and make them compatible with it's Smash 3 model, animating stuff is quite easy for me, however that takes me a large while...

shaikhnbake

Smash Rookie
You just have to drag it over to the root of the SD card that has a fresh install of PM 3.6b and replace the files that are on the SD card already.
Well Things went great Dreamtastic72. The new costumes look so HD. I am very happy with the outcome. I do have one question though. Were you able to put the Smash 3 HUD in the build? Did I do something wrong? If you did not put the HUD in, is there any way for me to manually do it? I really love the Smash 3 HUD. Looks very similar to Smash for Wii U. Thanks again.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of human faces:

In the year 20GX, Sonic is the one who is too slow.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You guys are consistently crushing SSB4's visual work (IMO at least) without anything close to their resources. I thought, and still think, that vBrawl Captain Falcon wasn't nearly as good as SSB4's, but it seems with some careful edits that it can surpass even the new engine's help. Same goes for Sonic, though he's been out a while. Please keep it up, guys.

Obskore

Smash Ace
aside from Smash 4 recolors brought into Smash 3 (lke that blue Captain Falcon), i also wanna see Smash 3-exclusive recolors (such as Neku Marth) if there are any, it's part of the hype for me :D

Juken

Smash Ace
Speaking of human faces:

In the year 20GX, Sonic is the one who is too slow.
Can we have a picture of him standing or doing his "show ya moves" taunt? Could also be used to show off another color he has or something.

Also, will Falcon's purple alt without the scarf be done by you guys?

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
could you make a version of the pack download? using the save as .zip option doesn't work for me

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Can we have a picture of him standing or doing his "show ya moves" taunt? Could also be used to show off another color he has or something.

Also, will Falcon's purple alt without the scarf be done by you guys?
There's a method to how we take our screenshots; we don't just do stuff because someone asked us to. Speaking of which, you do know that Smash 3C is a thing right? They've been doing the alts for a while now. The only alts we're doing are Dr. Mario and Armored Mewtwo. That's it. Yes, it would be as simple as removing the scarf but there's a consistency we'd like to keep with certain characters.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Will the current version of Mario work on Project M even though it doesn't have the cape textures? I tried to import them from the PM file but I can't figure out how to rename the bres.

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
Will the current version of Mario work on Project M even though it doesn't have the cape textures? I tried to import them from the PM file but I can't figure out how to rename the bres.
The current version of Mario will work on 3.6. If you want a version of Mario that doesn't have the cape textures glitch up, just download this, and as a bonus it even comes with Doctor Mario recolors. You don't need to go through the trouble of making one yourself.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm redoing my CSS icons (currently under the moniker of Smash 3 Rainbow Remix) by incorporating "shadows". I'm looking for a full-sized transparent render of Pit so I can redo his with a more crisp source image. Here's an example of the rework:
lucario.png
vs.
lucario.png

(NEW)----------------------------(OLD)

Edit: if the render was already posted in the thread then please by all means, let me know. :)

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I'm redoing my CSS icons (currently under the moniker of Smash 3 Rainbow Remix) by incorporating "shadows". I'm looking for a full-sized transparent render of Pit so I can redo his with a more crisp source image. Here's an example of the rework:
View attachment 63840 vs. View attachment 63841
(NEW)----------------------------(OLD)

Edit: if the render was already posted in the thread then please by all means, let me know. :)
They probably won't release all their renders until it's fully released... which I hope is soon!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Today's screenshot update is a subtle one. As with many other characters we've been adding specs at any opportunity we can to bring out more to each characters' designs. Zelda and Sheik are such examples:

For better perspective on the specs here's the duo with original shaders (left) and new shaders (right).

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Today's screenshot update is a subtle one. As with many other characters we've been adding specs at any opportunity we can to bring out more to each characters' designs. Zelda and Sheik are such examples:

For better perspective on the specs here's the duo with original shaders (left) and new shaders (right).

So does this confirm that everyone's render will get updated in some way shape or form?
Also good work on the shaders for Zelda and Shiek! :)

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

More specs make me a happy man. Will S3 Zero Suit Samus and S3 Samus be getting added lights like Samus's model in PM 3.5?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So does this confirm that everyone's render will get updated in some way shape or form?
Also good work on the shaders for Zelda and Shiek! :)
It confirms nothing! Nothing but a miserable pile of secrets! But to give some form of context, when everything is out it'd be faster to download the pack instead of individual things for the most part.

More specs make me a happy man. Will S3 Zero Suit Samus and S3 Samus be getting added lights like Samus's model in PM 3.5?
See above statement regarding piles of secrets. It does mean we've been working on stuff, including characters who we were previously satisfied with.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's looking a little chubby, it's cute. Really loving the attention to detail here.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It confirms nothing! Nothing but a miserable pile of secrets! But to give some form of context, when everything is out it'd be faster to download the pack instead of individual things for the most part.

See above statement regarding piles of secrets. It does mean we've been working on stuff, including characters who we were previously satisfied with.
After the update comes out, will the Smash 3 Team release their transparent full size renders in some sort of "CSS Package" so that other people can make CSS icons for other types of backgrounds (such as the vortex and pillar css)?

Also I could use a transparent Smash 3 Pit render at full size for those CSS Icons I'm making, no rush though...

Juken

Smash Ace
I'm liking how the character's aren't ghostly pale when in the sunlight like in Smash 4. It looks like they've got skin instead of being dolls.

Also, was that problem with the lighting on Sheik that made her ear completely white ever figured out? The one I posted about a couple of months back?

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
After the update comes out, will the Smash 3 Team release their transparent full size renders in some sort of "CSS Package" so that other people can make CSS icons for other types of backgrounds (such as the vortex and pillar css)?

Also I could use a transparent Smash 3 Pit render at full size for those CSS Icons I'm making, no rush though...
There is a very specific reason I have not shared Pit's render with you quite yet.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Sonic fanboys: BUT BUTT SANIC IS THE FASTED DING DING A LIE!
Get out.

Also, I don't get why people keep saying Smash 3 doesn't work with PM, because I have it working on both Wii (hackless and homebrew) and Dolphin (4.0.2) for 3.6b. Except Sonic. Smash 4 Sonic is hella ugz, and Smash 3 makes me cry. (no offense) I did, however, hear that someone is working on Brawl Sonic for S3C. Tasty. In the meantime, I'll stick with this.

Top Bottom