• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Narpas_sword

How exactly did you remove the names above each of the character selection icons? Did you just delete them or did you replace them with "invisible" name icons?
1) Go into projectm>pf>system>common5.pac and open the file with Brawl Box.
2) Go into sc_selcharacter_en and then to MiscData[30]
3) There you will find a tab that says "AnmChr", expand that.
4) Search for the file named "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0", expand that as well
5) Click on "nameEA7" and write -100 on Translation -> Y

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if this is "on-topic" to this thread, but I'm gonna be starting a new line of Smash 3 PM alternate costumes (pj ness, dry bowser, etc.) as well as some other Smash3 costumes of my own (:
Here's my first one:

(lol that sm4sh pic is gonna be updated btw! i cant convert my screenshots to .jpg)
And thanks to @Codex9 for the original render: http://i.imgur.com/Uq46ovd.png
as well as @ drogoth232 drogoth232 who rigged @KAZECoyote 's custom model!
Also thanks @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout for the rimlight tutorial ;D

The render on the left almost replicates how my current hack looks atm, but again, I don't have the abilities to convert the files (i have a mac)

Continue with your Smash3 hype everybody! :DD

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Don't know if this is "on-topic" to this thread, but I'm gonna be starting a new line of Smash 3 PM alternate costumes (pj ness, dry bowser, etc.) as well as some other Smash3 costumes of my own (:
Here's my first one:

(lol that sm4sh pic is gonna be updated btw! i cant convert my screenshots to .jpg)
as well as @ drogoth232 drogoth232 who made the original model hack

The render on the left almost replicates how my current hack looks atm, but again, I don't have the abilities to convert the files (i have a mac)

Make sure you collab KazeCoyote. He made the original model. I just playtested, edited some rigging, and made sure it could work with PM.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you collab KazeCoyote. He made the original model. I just playtested, edited some rigging, and made sure it could work with PM.
of course! (: ive been watching his thread for some time now

Ah, so that's what Codex rendered that for. He showed it to us but I must've missed why he rendered it other than for fun.
actually, he probably did render it for fun. I just found it and decided to edit it :b

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I get if you don't want to answer this, but do you guys think you'll be finished before Christmas? I wanna make a build for my cousins and give it to them as a present.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Lol, I posted it because it looked like the face he had as his avatar for I don't know how long.

It may return...another day...

I get if you don't want to answer this, but do you guys think you'll be finished before Christmas? I wanna make a build for my cousins and give it to them as a present.
As much as we'd love to, there is just so much that we still haven't done yet that I'm not sure if we can make that date. We'll try, but no guarantees!

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Here's my first one:

as well as @ drogoth232 drogoth232 who rigged @KAZECoyote 's custom model!

Is there a download?

kazan

Smash Apprentice
well, i feel like this thread is going off topic, and I feel like i might be to blame! In that case, I'm making a new thread for Smash 3 Fan hacks (: (ill make it when i upload my first pack to the vault)
Welp, I'm gonna wait!
I'll upload them soon! (: Please be patient for now

there's a preview of his recolors! (PS: It's originally meant to go over all 4 of Ike's 3.5 costumes. I've added a name version, and a nameless version for you guys! (I edited Ike's files so that his CSS name is transparent, and I manually added "IKE" onto his CSP's, and "CHROM" onto the last 4 CSP's.

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
well, i feel like this thread is going off topic, and I feel like i might be to blame! In that case, I'm making a new thread for Smash 3 Fan hacks (: (ill make it when i upload my first pack to the vault)

I'll upload them soon! (: Please be patient for now

there's a preview of his recolors! (PS: It's originally meant to go over all 4 of Ike's 3.5 costumes. I've added a name version, and a nameless version for you guys! (I edited Ike's files so that his CSS name is transparent, and I manually added "IKE" onto his CSP's, and "CHROM" onto the last 4 CSP's.
Nice! Do you mind telling me how to make the CSS names transparent? And did you use the Genuine font for Chrom's CSS name by chance?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean a thread just for your own Smash 3 stuff, or are you intending it to be a grand archive type thing for all fan Smash 3 stuff?

If the latter, I've put some thought into such an idea myself, but I wouldn't want to make said thread myself, as I have a habit of disappearing from various communities for long periods of time.

I'm personally a bit fond of calling such a thread "Smash 3C".

What does the "C" stand for? What doesn't it stand for!?
Community. Continued. Copycats.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Nice! Do you mind telling me how to make the CSS names transparent? And did you use the Genuine font for Chrom's CSS name by chance?
I'll be putting a tutorial in the pack for Chrom, but if you wanna know right now, here's what you gotta do:
-In Brawlbox, open up "common5.pac"
-Follow this directory: sc_selcharacter_en / MiscData[30] / Textures(NW4R)
-Find "MenSelchrChrNm.331" (You'll notice how it says "IKE")
-replace it with this image:

-Now replace Ike's CSP's with these! http://imgur.com/0hBcXiK,nDMMTzb,T7iFVl9,CRTXOEX,Zkcfjes,UYEb9q0
- Save and you're done! (:

hopefully that helps you out a little ^__^
Do you mean a thread just for your own Smash 3 stuff, or are you intending it to be a grand archive type thing for all fan Smash 3 stuff?

If the latter, I've put some thought into such an idea myself, but I wouldn't want to make said thread myself, as I have a habit of disappearing from various communities for long periods of time.

It was gonna be both (my fan hacks, as well as the rest of the communities!)
but if you really want to make your Smash 3C thread, I'll be okay with making my thread into just my projects! :b

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I support this idea...If it is what i think it is (basically thread where all unofficial Smash 3 mods are posted, like this Chrom).

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I'll be putting a tutorial in the pack for Chrom, but if you wanna know right now, here's what you gotta do:
-In Brawlbox, open up "common5.pac"
-Follow this directory: sc_selcharacter_en / MiscData[30] / Textures(NW4R)
-Find "MenSelchrChrNm.331" (You'll notice how it says "IKE")
-replace it with this image:

-Now replace Ike's CSP's with these! http://imgur.com/0hBcXiK,nDMMTzb,T7iFVl9,CRTXOEX,Zkcfjes,UYEb9q0
- Save and you're done! (:

hopefully that helps you out a little ^__^
Thank you SO much! I believe I can add names too other characters once I have the ability to. :)

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice

alternatively you could call it smash 3 2: electric boogaloo

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
but if you really want to make your Smash 3C thread, I'll be okay with making my thread into just my projects! :b
I think you partially misunderstood me, I have no intention of making such a thread myself, as I fear I'd disappear after a while, leaving the OP unattended. So I fully support you making your thread! :p

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I wanted "Smash 3: Dio's Followers" thread , but Smash3C is fine. I'll use my Brawl Staff position to compile links of all uploaded fan projects that where uploaded in the vault.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Just to note,I'm making a guide showing how to download new costumes,as I had trouble learning how myself.
Thought I'd let anyone having some problems/planning to replace costumes know.I hope to have it posted and stickied in this forum.

EDIT:All right,the thread is up.Please tell me what you think there.

Last edited:

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
Does this mean that we are getting Project M alts in the The Smash Project 3 with that unofficial thread called Smash 3C?!Because,If it does,then this is awesome!Anyways,good luck.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Smash 3C is great for those costumes that aren't getting mods! Not everyone is a special snowflake like the good Doctor, after all!

Custom as an abbreviation makes the most sense, honestly.

Top Bottom