• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Royal Sword pokemon, Aegislash, joins the duel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
OVERVIEW
Pokemon X and Y introduced a lot of cool new Pokemon, but one of my personal favorites has always been the Hondege evolutionary line. They are Steel/Ghost types and draw inspiration from swords. The final evolution, Aegislash, is based off of a sword and a shield. It's unique ability, 'stance change', allows it to switch between its Blade Forme and it's Shield Forme in the middle of battle.
HOW AEGISLASH COULD WORK IN SUPER SMASH BROS
Aegislash would be a decently-fast, medium-weight character. It could move by hovering above the ground slightly. Most of it's tilts and smash moves would involve it's blade (obviously) and it's hand or shield.
AEGISLASH SPECIAL MOVES MADE BY ME:
Neutral B: Sword's Dance - Aegislash releases a flurry of swipes with it's blade, similar to Meta Knight's basic combo, but much more powerful.​
Forward B: Night Slash - Aegislash takes a moment to prepare before quickly darting forward, slicing anybody in it's path. This move is very similar to Fox's 'Fox Illusion'. There is a dark effect to this attack, much like Ganondorf's special moves.​
Up B: Aerial Ace - Aegislash quickly floats upwards with a spinning slice, sort of like Link's 'Spin Attack' (exept without the ground function).​
Down B: King's Shield - Aegislash takes it's Shield Forme, protecting it from most attacks. This move functions pretty much exactly like Pit's 'Mirror Shield.​
Final Smash: Sacred Sword - Aegislash flies to the corner of the stage and unleashes a massive slice with it's blade. Anybody caught within the slash will recieve 75% damage and lots of knockback.​
REASONS FOR AEGISLASH'S INCLUSION
1. It has a cool, unique design
2. It is fairly popular and could be a good gen 6 representative
3. It brings something new to the table with the fact that it is a sword
4. Ghost types have not yet been represented in SSB with a playable character
ROYAL KNIGHTS (AEGISLASH SUPPORTERS)
Fortanono
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
Any signature icons or roster maker icons will go here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Plenty of sword characters and Pokémon to go by already me thinks.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Plenty of sword characters and Pokémon to go by already me thinks.
Haha, you're right about the swords.
Everybody complains about how we have too many sword using-characters, so I wonder how people would react if we got a character who literally is a sword! :laugh:

But I digress... I made this thread for fun; I don't seriously want Aegislash to be in Super Smash Bros.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
after beating the game, definitely my favorite pokemon of gen 6.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Super bump.

Aegislash, Hawlucha, and Jigglypuff are the only pokemon I'm interested in playing in Smash 4. Think of the confusion Aegislash would bring to the people who never seen Aegislash and the fact that he's a big floating sword with a shield. This pokemon's look alone is begging to be in smash bros and he is a popular gen 6 pokemon which helps in his case considering it helped for Greninja. And like you said we have no ghost pokemon yet or characters that float.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom