• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I always wonder how come no one has made a mugen style smash bros game, Like make your own characters,stages,etc.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I always wonder how come no one has made a mugen style smash bros game, Like make your own characters,stages,etc.
It takes a lot of time (somewhere near 1-2 weeks) to make single good character. There was Kirby with Brawl gameplay (nearly 1:1), but stage couldn`t zoom in/out and its impossible to use him correctly in newest MUGEN version and just any MUGEN after version 1.0. There is a project called Nintendo VS Capcom and im making Ridley for it, but its more like MvC game than SSB game.

Ridley seen in that video has gameplay based off MvC too, but with few differences. He has very smooth animations and voice. He is unfinished right now even for a beta version, but beta version will be finished in this month.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
It takes a lot of time (somewhere near 1-2 weeks) to make single good character. There was Kirby with Brawl gameplay (nearly 1:1), but stage couldn`t zoom in/out and its impossible to use him correctly in newest MUGEN version and just any MUGEN after version 1.0. There is a project called Nintendo VS Capcom and im making Ridley for it, but its more like MvC game than SSB game.
Your Ridley pretty good so far. I love how he punches the screen after that Hyper. I can only imagine the amount of odd fights you can make such as Ridley vs Homer Simpson, or Ridley vs Ronald McDonald. The possibilities are endless!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The style of Mugen is pretty different from Smash. The closest you can get is by having Nintendo character transition into the Capcom-like style of Mugen. I that it's been done with quite a few of the Nintendo characters as is.

Though I would recommend looking up Card Saga Wars. It's a little closer to the Smash style.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Your Ridley pretty good so far. I love how he punches the screen after that Hyper. I can only imagine the amount of odd fights you can make such as Ridley vs Homer Simpson, or Ridley vs Ronald McDonald. The possibilities are endless!
Thanks...i guess...And he impales opponent`s head, killing him/her/it. Its just shown from his/her/its perspective.
The style of Mugen is pretty different from Smash. The closest you can get is by having Nintendo character transition into the Capcom-like style of Mugen. I that it's been done with quite a few of the Nintendo characters as is.

Though I would recommend looking up Card Saga Wars. It's a little closer to the Smash style.
Actually, it IS possible to make nearly 1:1 SSB gameplay with enough coding skills (somewhere near my own). Nearly everything is possible with MUGEN. Even Super Mario Bros. level 1-1 bonus level.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thanks...i guess...And he impales opponent`s head, killing him/her/it. Its just shown from his/her/its perspective.

Actually, it IS possible to make nearly 1:1 SSB gameplay with enough coding skills (somewhere near my own). Nearly everything is possible with MUGEN. Even Super Mario Bros. level 1-1 bonus level.
That so? Guess I was mistaken then. It would be cool to see a Smash style Mugen game. Though I would need to be 1000 times better at sprites art, if I were to help.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That so? Guess I was mistaken then. It would be cool to see a Smash style Mugen game. Though I would need to be 1000 times better at sprites art, if I were to help.
Sprites art isn`t necessary since i am, for example, using characters` models, animated and posed, then import screenshot of each frame into image with set image palette and its done! Not that hard, just can be frustratingly long to finish.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So back to Ridley, should he be faster than Bowser? Ridley isn't as bulky Bowser is, so I would imagine he'd be faster. Or would he be slower on the ground to put an emphasis on aerial combat? I'm not sure which would fit better.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Just to give you an idea of how possible a SSB style game is in MUGEN.
Maybe i should make a video similar to this one, but with Ridley im currently working on. Maybe resized a bit, maybe not.
So back to Ridley, should he be faster than Bowser? Ridley isn't as bulky Bowser is, so I would imagine he'd be faster. Or would he be slower on the ground to put an emphasis on aerial combat? I'm not sure which would fit better.
Faster since he can move really fast during his Other M battle, but with endlag and startlag/startup on nearly every attack since this is what he also had in that battle.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well, there's also the Spirit Tracks stage to lead us to believe Toon Link was disconfirmed...

A Smash Bros. themed boxing ring stage to dull Little Mac's chances...

That Phosphora trophy stunt he pulled...

Using Pseudo-Palutena in the "Who's that trophy?" section...

Oh yeah, and setting up Greninja to resemble a Mewtwo reveal.

And are you seriously trying to say Saks is not a total tease? Anyone who says Sakurai is a serious developer who has never, EVER teased a character only to show them later is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
somerealtalk-1.jpg

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Bowser's not actually that slow, I think that Ridley would be slower than him, but maybe not in the air.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I don't really support Ridley (As I'm not really a Metroid fan but I have played Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid), But I would be okay if he made it Not only is he the perfect rep for the Metroid series It will also shut people up about the "Too Big" argument and also just the reaction of people who think Ridley is a boss due to the Direct. I bet Shokio's reaction would be the best:troll:.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright this is the biggest thing I have ever posted I really hope I did well

first off I like to thank lackadaisyalex for this it does almost all of the arguments' part's for me

but I will be doing some of the arguments anyway

now then

it all started with this

after the yellow devil Ridley gets shown

but this does not mean that Ridley is not playable and I will show you why and then the after this will be the best part

toon link survived despite his cameo appearance
well first off most of us thought toon link was kicked because of this happening

he was a stage cameo instead of playable we all thought because of that he was doomed to come back.

"but..."
on 9/26 2013
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/toon_link.html
Wait wait wait, but that's impossible he was a cameo before how did toon link survived. Well turns out sakurai had something prepared

Alfonzo is taking toon Links place when he is being played as

So what does this have to do with Ridley well it's this.

Well sakurai called this stage the pyrosphere.

but there's something that's plausible it's this

pyrosphere is NOT the correct name for where you fight Ridley
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Geothermal_Power_Plant
that's the correct name

pyrosphere is the name of the fire world in other m not the room. This may be a scrolling room some of the stages already confirmed and some of the past ones, For example this one
in this quote looks suspicious

Hmmm now that's suspicious.

Now where I'm going is this.

the Goyagma

and the Vorash

(This user of the videos is not me before you ask.)

They could be boss hazards and Ridley as well if this is a scrolling stage.

In other words the Goyagma, and Vorash, maybe bosses, but when Ridley, is being played as Ridley may be simply turned off

which brings the next thing

Both boss hazard and playable
We know this is Ridley.

And could be a hazard, but it does not roll out playable if he was boss and here's why.

remember this fight on Kirby air ride city trial.

Yea he's a boss in city trial

'But look...'
Start at 2:19ish

That's playable Dedede also on city trial.

So Dedede is both playable, and a boss, on city trial.

So going back the stage thing that's how I think Ridley. Simply disable will work when he's in the arena if a scrolling stage.

OK next up is

Sakurai can have a change of heart
Now what's this has to do with him well its this.

OK what he is saying is Ridley is impossible. But change of heart is very likely.

What it means he thought villager was not suitable for battle.

He had a change of heart obviously.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/villager.html

So, he made villager playable.

Now for exhibit B

He claimed that Namco would not get any special treatment. If he said that why did this get added to smash.

And these guys from galaga (which is made by Namco)

the S flag is a proud symbol of Namco and how charizard is holding it. It is probably going to be an assist trophy based item. That is nothing but retro Namco character that the S flag was in probably

And also not to mention this helps pac-man, and that's a Namco character. And, Sakurai probably knows that if he lets pac-man in as playable his game is going to make history

(worlds first game with Mario sonic mega man pac-man all playable in one game)

(I suppose another is the first time ever Ridley is playable in something that's not fan based game if confirmed playable)
and now for the big apple pie

HES WAY TOO BIG YOU FOOLS
This is by far the worst argument in the history of these forms.

EVERYBODY HAS BEN HUGE AND SHRUKEN AND PLAYABLES HAVE BEN SMALLER THAN THEY HAVE BEN NOT PLAYABLE

Let's start with Bowser.

Oh he was this once.

WROOOONG

They did it twice. (Unless the left is fan based ofcoarse.) and that's not the only time he was huge.

So he resize's Bowser All of the time in stuff. (Without any magical stuff he grab's .)

but when playable.

He's smaller.

And this is with a bunch of other character's with shrinkage or growth.

"King k rool"

"Boss"

He's even bigger in this.

But playable.

WTF a toad is half his height.

"Petey pirhana"

But playable.

:crazy: Luigi is almost as tall as him.

And here's my favorite

"Quenn bee"

"Boss"

But playable

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
FROM TITAN SIZE TO A TOAD 3/4 HER SIZE WHAT?!?!?!?!

in other words characters get shrunken when playable

and ofcoarse this kills it
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-screenshot-21914/
the quote of this is
This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn’t always stay true to scale

ok that kills the argument CYA

[\spoiler]
link to part 2
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ii-u-3ds-thread.324284/page-637#post-16728288

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't really support Ridley (As I'm not really a Metroid fan but I have played Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid), But I would be okay if he made it Not only is he the perfect rep for the Metroid series It will also shut people up about the "Too Big" argument and also just the reaction of people who think Ridley is a boss due to the Direct. I bet Shokio's reaction would be the best:troll:.
I heard that he doesn`t hates him and thinks he is too big, but instead thinks that resizing him is a horrible idea. But thousands of idiots that just say something absurd as an argument will have a priceless reaction for us.
Alright this is the biggest thing I have ever posted so I really hope I did well

first off I like to thank lackadaisyalex for this it does most of the argument parts for me

now then

it all started with this

after the yellow devil ridley gets shown

but this does not deconfirm ridley as play I will show you why and then the after this the best part

well first off most of us thought toon link was kicked because of this happening

he was a stage cameo instead of playable we all thought because of that he was deconfirmed.

but.......
on 9/26 2013
Wait wait wait wait but that's impossible he was a cameo before how did he become playable. Well turns out sakurai had something prepared

Alfonzo would be the conductor whenever toon link was in battle

so what does this have to do with ridley well its this

well sakurai called this stage the pyrosphere

but theres something that's plausible its this

pyrosphere is NOT the correct name for where you fight ridley
that's the correct name

pyrosphere is the name of the fire world in other m not the room so this could be a scrolling room like some of the stages already confirmed and like some of the past ones like this one
to hint this look at the quote of the hole zoom in

hmmm now that's suspicious

now where im going is this

the goyagma

and the vorash

(this user of the videos is not me)

could be boss hazard and ridley as well if this is a scrolling stage

in other words the goyagma and vorash will be boss's but when ridley is being played as ridley could be simply turned off

we know this is ridley

and could be a hazard but it does not roll out playable if he was boss and heres why

remember this fight on Kirby air ride city trial

yea hes a boss in city trial

but look.....
start at 2:19ish

that's playable dedede also on city trial

so dedede is both playable and a boss on city trial

so going back the the stage thing that's how I think ridley simply disable will work when hes in the arena if a scrolling stage

ok next up is

now whats this have to do with him well its this

ok what he saying is ridley is impossible
but change of heart is very likely

which means he thought villager was not suitable for battle

he had a change of heart obviously

so he made villager playable

now for exhibit B

he claimed that Namco would not get any special treatment what so ever

if he said that why did this get added to smash

and these guys from galaga (which is made by Namco)

the S flag is a proud symbol of Namco and how charizard there is holding it its probably going to be a assist trophy based item which is nothing but retro Namco character that the S flag was in probably

and also not to mention this helps pac-man and that's a Namco character and sakurai probably knows that if he lets pac-man in as playable his game is going to make history

(worlds first game with Mario sonic megaman pac-man all playable in 1 game)

(I suppose another one for first time ever ridley is playable in something thast not fan based game if confirmed playable)

this is by far the worst agreement in the history of these forms

EVERYBODY HAS GOING HUGE AND SHRUKEN AND PLAYABLES HAVE BEN SMALLER THAN THEY HAVE BEN NOT PLAYABLE

lets start with bowser

oh he was this once

WROOOONG

they did it twice (unless the left is fanbased ofcoarse)

and that's not the only time

so he resizes willy nilly in stuff (without any magical stuff he grabs)

but when playable

hes smaller

and this is with a bunch of other characters with strinkage or growth

king k rool

boss

hes even bigger in this

but playable

WTF a toad is half his height

petey pirhana

but playable

:crazy: luigi is almost as tall as him

and heres my favorite

queen bee

boss

but playable

and afcoarse this kills it
the quote of this is
This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn’t always stay true to scale

Part 2 is coming up in a few minutes which is shadow analyze

this is part 1

Don`t forget Ganondorf, Lucario, Pikachu, Olimar, Samus (more-or-less), Charizard and maybe someone else.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I feel as if that Wall of Text would be better able to convince people if it was written by a native English-speaker.

Cause right now haters would look at it as dismiss it as being a jumbled mess of words and pictures that's hard to follow.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That picture of Petey Piranha is a fan mod of MK Wii I think. So you might want to use this Double Dash screen shot instead. I added another screen shot. It shows him relatively close to Mario for reference.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I heard that he doesn`t hates him and thinks he is too big, but instead thinks that resizing him is a horrible idea. But thousands of idiots that just say something absurd as an argument will have a priceless reaction for us.
Don`t forget Ganondorf, Lucario, Pikachu, Olimar, Samus (more-or-less), Charizard and maybe someone else.
I can imagine when Ridley gets confirmed people who thought he was too big will pretend that they knew he was going to be playable and form a bandwagon on this thread.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Don't be so harsh, I found his post relatively easy to follow.
Haters judging Ridley supporters solely based on a single post that MIGHT not be well structured shouldn't be taken seriously.

Topic change if it hasn't been brought up before:
I saw someone on Reddit having this idea. How would a playable Meta-Ridley instead of regular Ridley be? He could sure have even more potential because of an upgraded arsenal of weapons. (i.e. rockets, advanced plasma weapons)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Pretty much everyone was resized in order to make the sizes more uniform (but when you're talking sizes of chaarcters that don't exist, it hardly matters. You can design them however you want). It's more noticeable for the bigger characters, obviously.

Interestingly, the pokedex lists Charizard as 5'07'' which isn't very tall at all... In fact, I'm taller than Charizard.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow, I haven't been here for awhile. Anything new for good ole Ridley?
1. We saw a rock formation in Greninja`s reveal trailer and it looked like NES Ridley for some odd reasons.
2. We have over analyzed his shadow.
3. Trolls (not really stupid ones and not really trolls actually).
4. I lost to Sakurai in pocker, but he said that Ridley IS playable.
Haters judging Ridley supporters solely based on a single post that MIGHT not be well structured shouldn't be taken seriously.

I saw someone on Reddit having this idea. How would a playable Meta-Ridley instead of regular Ridley be? He could sure have even more potential because of an upgraded arsenal of weapons. (i.e. rockets, advanced plasma weapons)
Well, i guess he should be like a weaker (in terms of endurance and weigh) and faster version of Ridley with longer range, but destructible projectiles other than his kinetic breath weapon`s beam.

Last edited:

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652

I wouldn't mind that, however I would personally prefer Meta-Ridley to be either a alternate costume or Final Smash. I would like to a Meta-Ridley moveset though. It'll be interesting.

1. We saw a rock formation in Greninja`s reveal trailer and it looked like NES Ridley for some odd reasons.
2. We have over analyzed his shadow.
3. Trolls.
4. I lost to Sakurai in poker, but he said that Ridley IS playable.
I see. I need to come here more often. I tend to disappear on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Not too sure. I do like Meta Ridley though, but I don't prefer one form over the others too much. I guess Meta-Ridley would have a little bit more to offer. He does have missiles and kinectic beams. So that's something to say the least.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Alright this is the biggest thing I have ever posted so I really hope I did well

first off I like to thank lackadaisyalex for this it does most of the argument parts for me

now then

it all started with this

after the yellow devil ridley gets shown

but this does not deconfirm ridley as play I will show you why and then the after this the best part

he was a stage cameo instead of playable we all thought because of that he was deconfirmed.

but.......
on 9/26 2013
Wait wait wait wait but that's impossible he was a cameo before how did he become playable. Well turns out sakurai had something prepared

Alfonzo would be the conductor whenever toon link was in battle

so what does this have to do with ridley well its this

well sakurai called this stage the pyrosphere

but theres something that's plausible its this

pyrosphere is NOT the correct name for where you fight ridley
that's the correct name

pyrosphere is the name of the fire world in other m not the room so this could be a scrolling room like some of the stages already confirmed and like some of the past ones like this one
to hint this look at the quote of the hole zoom in

hmmm now that's suspicious

now where im going is this

the goyagma

and the vorash

(this user of the videos is not me)

could be boss hazard and ridley as well if this is a scrolling stage

in other words the goyagma and vorash will be boss's but when ridley is being played as ridley could be simply turned off

we know this is ridley

and could be a hazard but it does not roll out playable if he was boss and heres why

remember this fight on Kirby air ride city trial

yea hes a boss in city trial

but look.....
start at 2:19ish

that's playable dedede also on city trial

so dedede is both playable and a boss on city trial

so going back the the stage thing that's how I think ridley simply disable will work when hes in the arena if a scrolling stage

ok next up is

now whats this have to do with him well its this

ok what he saying is ridley is impossible
but change of heart is very likely

which means he thought villager was not suitable for battle

he had a change of heart obviously

so he made villager playable

now for exhibit B

he claimed that Namco would not get any special treatment what so ever

if he said that why did this get added to smash

and these guys from galaga (which is made by Namco)

the S flag is a proud symbol of Namco and how charizard there is holding it its probably going to be a assist trophy based item which is nothing but retro Namco character that the S flag was in probably

and also not to mention this helps pac-man and that's a Namco character and sakurai probably knows that if he lets pac-man in as playable his game is going to make history

(worlds first game with Mario sonic megaman pac-man all playable in 1 game)

(I suppose another one for first time ever ridley is playable in something thast not fan based game if confirmed playable)

this is by far the worst agreement in the history of these forms

EVERYBODY HAS GOING HUGE AND SHRUKEN AND PLAYABLES HAVE BEN SMALLER THAN THEY HAVE BEN NOT PLAYABLE

lets start with bowser

oh he was this once

WROOOONG

they did it twice (unless the left is fanbased ofcoarse)

and that's not the only time

so he resizes willy nilly in stuff (without any magical stuff he grabs)

but when playable

hes smaller

and this is with a bunch of other characters with strinkage or growth

king k rool

boss

hes even bigger in this

but playable

WTF a toad is half his height

petey pirhana

but playable

:crazy: luigi is almost as tall as him

and heres my favorite

queen bee

boss

but playable

and afcoarse this kills it
the quote of this is

Part 2 is coming up in a few minutes which is shadow analyze

this is part 1

not that i dont agree with most of that, but wow

samsparta21

Smash Ace
One thing I don't understand is why there is just so much support for Ridley. He's this boss character in Metroid, and he is pretty big, and wouldn't normally be considered as a Smash fighter. It seems like a strange character to have such a cult following.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One thing I don't understand is why there is just so much support for Ridley. He's this boss character in Metroid, and he is pretty big, and wouldn't normally be considered as a Smash fighter. It seems like a strange character to have such a cult following.
I might not be the best to answer this but oh well. For me, I just want to play as more cool villains. And I think that Ridley almost as cool as Ganondorf. Not to mention it would be cool to see Metroid get some more recognition in a game like Smash. I would say that Ridley's one of few major Nintendo villains that hasn't been playable at least once. He isn't quite on Bowser's or Ganon's level, but he is the most prominent Metroid villain that had ties to the protagonist's origins. I'd argue he's the main villain of the Metroid series.

Of course I can't speak for everyone, but that's my take on it.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well, being a Space Dragon that breathes fire alone would earn qualification points in my book (how would you NOT want to be that?). And unlike Kraid, Ridley is actually relatively small, and unlike a bigger antagonist like Mother Brain, Ridley is incredibly mobile.

Take into account how Ridley has appeared in every game save three, and how he's one of the few other Metroid characters to have affected Samus since childhood, and we have a pretty strong case for a fighter.

Also:

Space.

Dragon.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let me explain to you why we support him:
1. He is 2nd most important individual character in Metroid universe because he started it by raiding Samus` homeworld. This raid resulted in death of her parents and loss of part of his crew. He personally killed her mother right in front of her by burning her alive. He wanted to kill Samus instead of her mother, so, he is a very cruel b**ch that doesn`t cares who he kills and he believes there is inferiour specieses. So, by orphanizing Samus and triggering distress signal (well, not directly...), which attracted Old Bird and Grey Voice, 2 creepy looking guys that belong to a race of creatures with very advanced technologies and insane weapons. Otherwise, Samus would live peacefuly (more-or-less) without having to blast someone`s face off every day. Also, he did a lot of sh*t like stealing Baby Metroid (who died at the end of Super Metroid and was cause of Samus` depression i guess during events of that not-so-bad game Metroid Other M), had something personal with Adam and just kills a lot of peoples without any reasons other than that he enjoys it (he could just have tried to steal that fuel, but nooooo, he decided to allow his crew to go and kill as much as they want to and joined them in killing peoples).
2. He is a reocurring character in Metroid universe.
3. He is bada$$ dragon that can kick Samus` *** and survive getting PWNED by her.
4. He looks cool and he is a space pirate dragon pterosaurus alien thing.
1st point is the most important one.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wait, your biggest beef about Ridley is that he's just this "big scary monster boss"? And that you think is following is like a cult?

Wow, you really aren't familiar with the Metroid franchise are you? The reason Ridley is so damn popular is because he's the main villain of the series, and the one who basically set everything in motion by destroying Samus's home colony and killing her parents. He is to the franchise as Bowser and Ganondorf are to their respective franchises.

He is also the second most recurring character in the series, which really says something considering that nearly everyone else has a tendency to die in the game they're introduced in. As leader of the Space Pirates, his influence is seen everywhere wherever the Space Pirates attack, even after they're destroyed for good in Super Metroid.

His most defining characteristic, which is very much shown in all of his fights, is that he's a fierce and cunning warrior who revels in his bloodlust for battle. It's never about size. If you want to complain about a Metroid villain who's all about being big, look for Kraid.

Basically, if you're going to complain about someone being this "big boss who's all about being big", then we might as well cut out Bowser and Ganondorf because oh snap, they're gigantic in their games. Also, we shouldn't even consider K. Rool because he's nothing more than just a mere boss, who's also really BIG.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'll lay it down plain and simple.

Ridley=Bowser in terms of importance and role, only infinitely more sinister and bloodthirsty.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Wait, your biggest beef about Ridley is that he's just this "big scary monster boss"? And that you think is following is like a cult?

Wow, you really aren't familiar with the Metroid franchise are you? The reason Ridley is so damn popular is because he's the main villain of the series, and the one who basically set everything in motion by destroying Samus's home colony and killing her parents. He is to the franchise as Bowser and Ganondorf are to their respective franchises.

He is also the second most recurring character in the series, which really says something considering that nearly everyone else has a tendency to die in the game they're introduced in. As leader of the Space Pirates, his influence is seen everywhere wherever the Space Pirates attack, even after they're destroyed for good in Super Metroid.

His most defining characteristic, which is very much shown in all of his fights, is that he's a fierce and cunning warrior who revels in his bloodlust for battle. It's never about size. If you want to complain about a Metroid villain who's all about being big, look for Kraid.

Basically, if you're going to complain about someone being this "big boss who's all about being big", then we might as well cut out Bowser and Ganondorf because oh snap, they're gigantic in their games. Also, we shouldn't even consider K. Rool because he's nothing more than just a mere boss, who's also really BIG.
Wow, you really took offense to that. I don't have a problem with Ridley or his fans, I just think he's a bit of an odd character to have such popularity. I'd love to see him in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom