• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I honestly didnt know Roidley was not a joke name, utilizing a portmanteau of Ridley's name with steroids, for a particularly buff model
I break the bat hunter!

Pokemon omega ruby ?

OMEGA RIDLEY CONFIRMED !!!
He summons an army of Omega Pirates as his final smash, because you can never be omega enough.

Even if size comparisons have a margin of error for a number of reasons, Ridley is DEFINITELY smaller than Yellow Devil by a good amount. Which IS bizarre, since Yellow Devil is on a much smaller stage. Heck, I think the Dark Emperor is ALSO on a smaller stage, but I'm not sure on that.
Hardly matters how smaller Ridley is than other bosses, and I'm sure he'll be smaller than Yellow Devil regardless even if he is a boss again. Even in Brawl, Ridley looked to be a reasonable playable size during angles of the cutscenes. :\

@ Andrea: When the Ridley and ugh, Roidley interactions are cute or funny like that I actually don't mind it, so keep it up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
heres a preview of what im doing

the dk picture is from the pong like assist trophy part go to 2:29 on this video and slow it down significantly and watch the pillar

now look at this

this would be dk shadow approximate spot on the pillar (I could be way off on the shadow size on it)

now look at ridleys hand on the pillar

that's what ridleys hand is is when it was on that part

and if we do a comparison

(this is angelglorys other m size ridley I promise)

so from these and the shadow which one is his hand size closer too?

(remember it could still be a little bigger than this)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ Andrea: When the Ridley and ugh, Roidley interactions are cute or funny like that I actually don't mind it, so keep it up.
xD Thanks..... I'm surprised of myself....I never thought one day I would make Ridley's and Roidley's interactions into something funny or cute.....instead of bloody violent...I think making those interactions like I do them now are way more fun to do.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
xDThanks..... I'm surprised of myself....I never thought one day I would make Ridley's and Roidley's interactions into something funny or cute.....instead of bloody violent...I think making those interactions like I do them now are way more fun to do.
You could compromise and make it like Black Mage and Fighter's relationship.

Ridley constantly tries killing him out of anger and loathing, Roidley is convinced that they're BFFs and the murder attempts are Ridley's misguided attempts to show affection.

AndreaAC

You could compromise and make it like Black Mage and Fighter's relationship.

Ridley constantly tries killing him out of anger and loathing, Roidley is convinced that they're BFFs and the murder attempts are Ridley's misguided attempts to show affection.
Now I can't decide on how to keep those interactions....oh geez....the dilema of my life...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

the dk picture is from the pong like assist trophy part go to 2:29 on this video and slow it down significantly and watch the pillar

now look at this

this would be dk shadow approximate spot on the pillar (I could be way off on the shadow size on it)

Remember that the Other M Ridley's hands were freaking huge. This immensely helps his case.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Remember that the Other M Ridley's hands were freaking huge. This immensely helps his case.
A smaller Pyrosphere and a smaller Ridley.

If he does end up a stage hazard what a kick in the nuts it will be to have a playable sized Ridley be the stage hazard....

Once Ridley is confirmed playable its gonna be cool that he has his own home stage.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Metroid_Prime_3_Trilogy_Version_Walk-Through_Part_.gif

@Dalek_Kolt I think I will make him turn into his Omega form, make him realese the phazon energy he has within, and kill everyone....as simple as that....

:( or someone help me decide what should I do! I can't decide!

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

now look at this

and if we do a comparison

(this is angelglorys other m size ridley I promise)

so from these and the shadow which one is his hand size closer too?

Looking at the way the hands are in the shadow not only are his hands smaller but there much shorter. His claws are not nearly as long.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Looking at the way the hands are in the shadow not only are his hands smaller but there much shorter. His claws are not nearly as long.
I thought the hand shadow of the pillar was by far the best size compare because shadows on walls can't hide illusions except the zoom in affect and shadows of the characters stay to size of the characters 90% of the time so i went with this

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I thought the hand shadow of the pillar was by far the best size compare because shadows on walls can't hide illusions except the zoom in affect and shadows of the characters stay to size of the characters 90% of the time so i went with this
Great job man. Yes this is surely a altered Other M Ridley design. Ridley clearly went to the nail salon and got his claw length taken down by alot.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Yay, thank you! x3 He was fun to draw, I should probably do it again sometime.

AndreaAC

I guess if I read that story and listen to this at the same time...I will cry...

AndreaAC

Aw....Don't deny it, Mr. Space Pirate Commander...You ENJOY having a younger brother:grin:
Even though Roidley is just a mutated clone of Ridley
92A571_0D522F62126A4_001.gif

"Does my face looks like I'm enjoying it? Obviously that is not the case...."

Poor Rids...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way for ridleys estimate size from the shadow if playable

If playable size its this king k rool and ridley would be the exact same height if both are playable

If boss thats way to small for a boss (besides accual small bosses)

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
So I was listening to this...

...and came up with this...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Great job man. Yes this is surely a altered Other M Ridley design. Ridley clearly went to the nail salon and got his claw length taken down by alot.
...NOOOOOOOOOO! His claws is one of the reasons i liked OM design! DO NOT WANT!
View attachment 13726
@Dalek_Kolt I think I will make him turn into his Omega form, make him realese the phazon energy he has within, and kill everyone....as simple as that....

:( or someone help me decide what should I do! I can't decide!
Ridley asking Roidalina (Roidley disguised as Rosalina...badly) to go somewhere, then looking at "her" face, cue the Spongebob-zoom-in kind of shot (realistic and a bit grossy version of a normal face/object) and Ridley`s rage and beating something up with crowbar.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I've just realized why Sakurai hasn't revealed Ridley's status in concrete terms yet.

He's still fallin'.

AndreaAC

Ridley asking Roidalina (Roidley disguised as Rosalina...badly) to go somewhere, then looking at "her" face, cue the Spongebob-zoom-in kind of shot (realistic and a bit grossy version of a normal face/object) and Ridley`s rage and beating something up with crowbar.
SCAN0144.JPG

I think I will have to use Ridley's sick expression again.....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well remember, like Conductor Link and WW Link, Ridley and his clone are too different people

If Ridley was playable, Alfonzo would probably replace the clone as the stage hazard as not to confuse people

bobadz

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me what is going on with Ridley on Gamefaqs? There are more joke topics involving him then the week after the direct!

Top Bottom