• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
DON'T MEAN TO SNAP AT YOU OR ANYTHING, it's just been a very trivial discussion to have, lol.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice

Found some fanart. Adorable.
"When I grow up I'm going to kill some little girl's parents and start an interstellar feud that results in countless deaths with an army of evil mutant drones."
- Ridley, being adorable.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
well, my post was ignored.

the one about mario world bowser being big, even though tger isn't stars or kamek in that game. and the koopalings didn't have magic.

so I ask again, why was he that big in super mario world?
Because the devs designed him that way because it fits nicely in the game.

D

Deleted member

Baby Ridley mentioned?

OBLIGATORY LITTLE BIRDIE POST.

Little Birdie is not too big, ergo Little Birdie will be the form Ridley is in when playable in Smash.
His ginormous dragon stage will be his FS, since he's bigger than Giga Bowser. even though in actuality, Ridley is smaller than Giga Bowser in Brawl

D

Deleted member

Baby Ridley mentioned?

OBLIGATORY LITTLE BIRDIE POST.

Little Birdie is not too big, ergo Little Birdie will be the form Ridley is in when playable in Smash.
His ginormous dragon stage will be his FS, since he's bigger than Giga Bowser. even though in actuality, Ridley is smaller than Giga Bowser in Brawl
Why does that picture remind me more or a microscopic parasite?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It reminds me of an angry Furby on stilts.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At last, the Champ has come back, to his thread, for the Champion to defend the one he Champions on his Championship belt... the UNDISPUTED RIDLEY CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE SMASH WORLD!!!!

And now that THE CHAMP is back to CHAMPION "THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH" RIDLEY with Ridley's CHAMPIONSHIP BELT, all is in order again.

Hail Ridley! Hail Ridley! Hail Ridley!
Whether he be red, green, blue, purple, or silver, I know
that Ridley is the character who will be apart of the smash show
because Ridley is the definition of a TRUE SMASH BRO!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
At last, the Champ has come back, to his thread, for the Champion to defend the one he Champions on his Championship belt... the UNDISPUTED RIDLEY CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE SMASH WORLD!!!!

And now that THE CHAMP is back to CHAMPION "THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH" RIDLEY with Ridley's CHAMPIONSHIP BELT, all is in order again.

Hail Ridley! Hail Ridley! Hail Ridley!
Whether he be red, green, blue, purple, or silver, I know
that Ridley is the character who will be apart of the smash show
because Ridley is the definition of a TRUE SMASH BRO!!!
Finally...were da fuq you been dickface...RealTalk...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Finally...were da fuq you been ****face...RealTalk...
The champion has been in other threads defending Ridley, and elsewhere defending the belt. But with no challengers left after the Champion had 25,000 straight title defenses, there is no one left for The Champion to fight.

#ChampTalk #TooBigForEveryOtherSmashBrother

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The champion has been in other threads defending Ridley, and elsewhere defending the belt. But with no challengers left after the Champion had 25,000 straight title defenses, there is no one left for The Champion to fight.

#ChampTalk #TooBigForEveryOtherSmashBrother
Wow..and PeePz think i chat hot garbage...what you spill is on next levz...TalkReal.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yo @Morbid...you be liking all my post...

Either date me if your a pretty asian girl or ima get London on you son RealTalk.

Hehehe actually that was a joke.

EDIT: Gone bed peace my sex dolls.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yo @Morbid...you be liking all my post...

Either date me if your a pretty asian girl or ima get London on you son RealTalk.

Hehehe actually that was a joke.

EDIT: Gone bed peace my sex dolls.
I AM NOT A SEX DOLL YOU SON OF A *****. YOU CAN'T JUST BLOW ME UP AND HAVE YOUR WAY WITH ME

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I apologize in advance since this is gonna be a long one and the quotes are gonna be all out of order because lost track of time.

Mr Lange, my rebuttal to your arguments will be by the bottom.

Awww YEAHHH BOYYY!! she likes me!

Shr said it! She said it! Am i G RealTalk. (-_-)

I leave for ONE DAY.
I left for a day and a half. Well debate-wise, I'm always lurking.

If anything in this thread can be considered trolling, then the hand motions I'm making right now can be considered statutory ****.

slowpoke.jpg
[collapse=Since no one else posted one.]
[/collapse]

There ain't a bigger *** here than me, I tell ya what.
What?!

(Dat's right, I'm bigger than Ridley.)
.///.

Though I reserve the notion of being one only to when it is necessary. (And even then, there might be some debate on when it is or not depending on who you ask. :troll:)
That's exactly the stance I take, but with less flashinessgold. Indigo suits me fine, and I do it for the likes.

Arguments against Ridley:

Really Big
Insanely Big
Damn! Look at that Big arse motherfudger!
Large
Enormous
You crazy man. Ridley huge!

:troll: See what I did there?
Ridley is the 7th level, after "OH HELL NO"

Also for the record I realize he's not fat. Just big-boned.

Gamefreak doesn't care about game canon. If they did, the Pokemon would use their in game cries, Mewtwo and Lucario would not talk and Pikachu would be dwarfed by Charizard.
GameFreak does care about canon to a certain extent. But yeah, logic isn't canon.

See:
being able to know Mega Kick.
being able to learn (and teaches it in PokePark Wii) Iron Tail.

Lastly, let's not forget :mewtwomelee: using Shadow Claw long before it was an actual move, and not being able to learn it in-game.

The last time I checked, 269 pounds is not supposed to be attributed to being a lightweight, floating ability or not.
So because he has the ability to move stuff with his mind, he should be floaty.
List me something from the Pokemon game released prior to Melee that indicates he uses his Psychic power to float or reduce his weight.
Sakurai was just trying to be true to the series/movie (and I don't think at the time he could imagine such a floaty character with a good recovery being so heavy). Plus citing from my vague memory, I recall there's actually examples of Psychic Pokemon actually doing that.

Alakazam, in particular, wouldn't be be able to walk around with his greatly enlarged head without using Psi energy to support it.

This thread is starting to become depressing.
I've only been preaching this for what, 5-6 years? We're all just dust in the wind.~

Can't we all just be fans of Ridley in our own way? :>
No. All people who don't revere him as our messiah must be eradicated. Kill the infidels We will assimilate everything.

DON'T MEAN TO SNAP AT YOU OR ANYTHING, it's just been a very trivial discussion to have, lol.
Any discussion that isn't how great silk is is trivial, or how pretty you're going to look in your wedding garb.

I don't see how including Ridley would ruin his character. It's as if him being included would suddenly turn him into a complete joke
:ganondorf:

a complete mockery of himself as he's just prancing around in a pink frilly dress while throwing flowers and candy at people. If anyone had brain cells, that would not be the intention of Ridley at all and would be avoided by any soul that has common sense. Instead, it would be highlighting Ridley's general archetype: A large ruthless dragon that would gladly tear you a new one.
That wouldn't be a mockery, that would be amazing. A mockery would be Sakurai succumbing to the general naysayer's thoughts/making him a huge boss that will never be playable because some people think it wouldn't be right. Granted, everyone has their own opinion, and I dig that. But letting the outcries of the few ruin everything for everyone else is just silly. Sillier than Ridley in a pink dress. (seriously why would he wear anything but purple?)

And last but not least:

I can't cover his entire post. I don't have time anymore. It'd take a lot of writing.
His points were lousy. I swear half the time (or all the time probably) he's trolling. He has repeatedly rehashed things I've covered in detail, yet exaggerates them further like some kind of joke. He did go into my post bit by bit. With shallow points that, as I said, I've covered more than once.
I'll take apart two things he said though.

Usual, meaning when Bowser is seen as large, which as I've pointed out is when he's hoarding power or using magic. Otherwise he's smaller than that comparison. Unlike Ridley, Bowser's size variates wildly, and there's even plot excuses for this.

Once again, in this image, Bowser is using power stars to greatly increase his size. This is not his normal size.
More on this being touched up upon in my following response/quote, but canon be damned, the developers are adjusting the size to fit the situation. And that's all that should matter at the end of the day.

And apologize for the quality, but this was the best I could find atm. This was Bowser's size at the end of Galaxy AFTER all the starts left him, no magic, plot ex machina or anything to say otherwise.

Tell that to them too.

His size changes based on either power stars, magic, or both. I can't confirm this but I believe he has a semi-permanent large size when not particularly using stars or magic at a time, but has it fixed that way due to past magic.
At the same time, it could also be argued that Ridley's size is inconsistent as a matter of bio/genetic engineering as a result of the Space Pirates constantly working to "improve" themselves. This is actually canon in both Metroid Prime (with both Meta Ridley and the Pirates infusing themselves/their weaponry with Phazon) and in the main series as well (the "Zesbian" Pirates genetically altered their hands to be the crab-like pincers that can also fire beam weapons), and isn't too far-fetched, especially in comparison to the "Magic A is Magic A" argument. To pile on, the technological limitations barrier argument (them making Ridley/Bowser the size they were supposedly always "envisioned" to be) is more or less a matter of perspective, as we cannot know the developers exact thoughts on the matter (nor do I believe they'd care that much, they just do this for a living, not to live up to some almighty canon multi-verse theory).

All I do know is that Metroid was mainly based off of the Alien movie series (hence where Ridley got his name in the first place, after Sir Ridley Scott), in which the intimidation/"fear" element was kept in the token/nominal Alien species despite varying size differences with humans (the only real "big" one being the queen, your standard xenomorph is about as consistent in size as Ridley himself is, usually becoming bigger/smaller to fit the role in the plot, be it being more "intimidating/scary" or being a bit less so to make the queen appear superior). I realize it's a moot point arguing/comparing the 3 in the long run, but considering their history/relationship, I figured it'd be an interesting thing to point out. Even discounting both this and other Nintendo series, media will almost assuredly always scale things up to appeal more to audiences. As I stated before, it feels much more "awesome" to kill something ferocious and sinister that could eat you in one bite, yet to some it would also feel "awesome' to play as said ferocious/sinister being. I myself am a fan of the character no matter what they do to him.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You hurt his feelings. You are hereby banished from the Ridley thread, forevemore.

I would quote Ismar's post and say things about it but it's too big. That was both sarcasm and not sarcasm at the same time and now my head hurts.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Looks like the debate is still ongoing here too, can't catch a break there...

Hello fellow Ridley supporters, Ridley's been a character that I've wanted to be playable since Brawl and I was disappointed when he didn't manage to get in. I'm hoping that this time will be it and that we'll finally be able to play as our favorite purple dragon along with the Smash cast. Hang in there guys!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Smashboards forum user Dark Phazon has been a **** munching ass crab by repeatedly posting the non-word/phrase "RealTalk". It has been getting on everybody's nerves and it needs to stop. Therefore I am petitioning that the administrators of Smashboards add "realtalk" "RealTalk" "real talk" and every approximate variation of this phrase to the word filter so it is never seen again.

Dude. Don't be an *sshole.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wait, there's a word filter?

I thought everyone was just really polite how they worded things.

wow, I'm dumb.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Dude. Don't be an *sshole.
You see what happened when you quoted that post? It filtered out words. Beautiful. The problem is that it missed a few.
That is why I your senator Lange am campaigning to eliminate the RealTalk menace for a better tomorrow.
Listen to that.
RealTalk.
You can just... see the cowboy hat Shy Guy in it...

RealTalk...

RealTalk...

RealTalk...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're just some troll aren't you?

Seriously, this is flaming.

You could get banned for this.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you want to talk about trolls you should read some of his posts.
He means what he says and he's actually a pretty cool guy. He's not hurting anybody.

You honestly are heading there.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I suppose I forgot this board doesn't have a sense of humor.
Or it's just you two.
That's a form of bullying.

It's not funny.

Post that in the Social thread and you will get ripped apart.

Now leave. You're not funny, and you're just being an ass at this point.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Just who the hell do you think you are?
What kind of a loner spends his free time doing something like this? What, you're annoyed by his use of stupid catchphrases?
And you think you can remedy the situation by being a complete sphincter?
You actually took that bit seriously.

All of this is hilarious because one of the first things that happened when I started posting here was a whole lot of insults and flaming. No one called anyone else out on it. But I make a comical insult in the context of a joke which is obviously not meant to be taken seriously and others put their serious face on and give me the group glare.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So you admit he's annoying.

I forgot this board doesn't have a sense of humor.
Or it's just you two.
Just who the hell do you think you are?
What kind of a loner spends his free time doing something like this? What, you're annoyed by his use of stupid catchphrases?
And you think you can remedy the situation by being a complete sphincter?

Honestly, people. Why are you giving this Mr Lange guy attention in the first place?
You should know better to succumb to people who beg. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol @Oasis being banned.

I've straight up talked **** to sooooooo many people on this board, and never been banned. You think that little Krabby butt is gonna get banned?

And leave Dark Peepee alone. He's a nice lady.

Top Bottom