• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
You know, It's probably a good thing Kraid hasn't been seen in a while. Back in Melee and smash 64, Ridley and kraid were seen as a pair. If Kraid continued to be seen with Ridley, It wouldn't happen because people would want Kraid to be in as well.
Luckily for us, Kraid was scrapped for metroid prime(though planned) and hasn't had any recent appearances, completely separating his relevancy from Ridley's.
Kraid was confirmed as a smash run boss in an interview around the direct! I'm happy to see Kraid coming back for Smash 4 (even if it's in only the 3DS version, but whatever)! Ridley, on the other hand, should be playable. @Skyblade12 made the point better than I could put into words (seriously, that was beautiful), but I'm going to add one point to it...what kid would see Ridley amiibo, a DRAGON, by the likes of Mario, Pikachu, and Samus, and not immediately say, "I WANT THAT ONE". With them recently going up for preorders around the web, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley was revealed before the Japanese release and his amiibo also went up for preorder the same day. That's the best part about his inclusion. We'd get a beautiful page on the official website with Ridley's model, a wonderful piece of artwork, and countless screenshots showing him off. And to top it all off, we'd get a Ridley amiibo to actually hold and cherish along with the game. I would purchase 2 of Ridley's in particular; one to play Smash with, and one in the box, just to serve as a testament to Ridley finally debuting in Smash. It would be a fitting tribute to the great and honorable Space Pirate Commander.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
When did you guys first want Ridley playable? I had never played a Metroid game before, so I had no idea who he was until Brawl. When I fought him in the subspace emissary I wanted to play as him so bad. The first thing I thought was he'd need to be smaller, weirdly I never thought he'd be too big. Naturally I was really sad when he was "disconfirmed", then I found this thread about two weeks after the direct. :grin:
I have played the Prime games through trilogy. I got interested in Ridley....I don't know, a few months back? Seemed like a cool character to me, wondered what all the fuss was about.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
hmmm hey guys? what if an alt costume for ridley would be meta ridley, omega ridley, or ridley-x?
Has been discussed before. The Ridley that was shown in the direct is the Other M incarnation, AKA Roidley. Roidley's proportions differ greatly from any of the other incarnations, so he can't have actual seperate alt models. Colours/textures might work fine though.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
When did you guys first want Ridley playable? I had never played a Metroid game before, so I had no idea who he was until Brawl. When I fought him in the subspace emissary I wanted to play as him so bad. The first thing I thought was he'd need to be smaller, weirdly I never thought he'd be too big. Naturally I was really sad when he was "disconfirmed", then I found this thread about two weeks after the direct. :grin:
Ever since I first played Super Metroid I was like. "Man, if only this guy was in a fighting game". Then I got Melee and I was like "OH MAN! IT'S THAT DUDE FROM THAT ONE THING!" when he was in the intro. Spent a few years trying to unlock him to much disappointment.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Has been discussed before. The Ridley that was shown in the direct is the Other M incarnation, AKA Roidley. Roidley's proportions differ greatly from any of the other incarnations, so he can't have actual seperate alt models. Colours/textures might work fine though.
Remember thou, it could also be The Other M Concept Art Ridley, AKA Conceptly, since it also matches up with the shadow fairly well, and the tail clip is also the same.

Ever since I first played Super Metroid I was like. "Man, if only this guy was in a fighting game". Then I got Melee and I was like "OH MAN! IT'S THAT DUDE FROM THAT ONE THING!" when he was in the intro. Spent a few years trying to unlock him to much disappointment.
I know that Feel bro. ;_;

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
You only start wanting something bad, when you think you had it. I don't think the Ridley demand would have been as strong as it is, if it weren't for the Melee tease at E3.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Remember thou, it could also be The Other M Concept Art Ridley, AKA Conceptly, since it also matches up with the shadow fairly well, and the tail clip is also the same.
Eh, maybe. They have identical tails though.

Started when everyone got hyped during him and Samus' part, and everyone thought he was a playable character. Funny how we're in a similar situation in a way.
Mind you, they might've been hyping at Samus or Metroid in general.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley means a lot to me; he means about as much as Wolf. I remember Melee's cut-scene that implied that they were playable. In fact, those two characters were my motivation to complete the game 100%, my sister and I deluded ourselves into believing that he was a secret unlockable character. We decided to give up after we got Diskun (and learned how to use the internet :troll:). In Brawl, Wolf's secret inclusion was one of my favorite video-game moments; however, Ridley was nowhere to be found... well you know, he was a boss and whatnot. So for the sanity of my past self, I need Ridley to be playable.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Warning Received

Ridley disconfirmed i think...

Link?

Ridley means a lot to me; he means about as much as Wolf. I remember Melee's cut-scene that implied that they were playable. In fact, those two characters were my motivation to complete the game 100%, my sister and I deluded ourselves into believing that he was a secret unlockable character. We decided to give up after we got Diskun (and learned how to use the internet :troll:). In Brawl, Wolf's secret inclusion was one of my favorite video-game moments; however, Ridley was nowhere to be found... well you know, he was a boss and whatnot. So for the sanity of my past self, I need Ridley to be playable.
Same here man :D
**** that G&W, i expected Ridley to be the last one until i unlocked this dumbass. X-D

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
This guy is a nobody, I don't believe this guy for a second, also, the All-Star screenshot debunks this claim right off the bat.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That's from the 26th of August, how comes nobody has seen it until today? Weird.

Also, is this the real Vaanrose?

lilt

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...tes-dont-falter.324284/page-896#post-16910213

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
Man....I leave this forum for a few days and everyone is feeling down......So what if Shulk made it in Smash and our Space Dragon Leader is nowhere in sight? This is no reason to give up.

Sakurai is WELL AWARE of the Ridley requests....and the Director is not shy to deconfirm characters and nothing stops the man from deconfirming Ridley in a POTD........Yet, Sakurai does not show us Ridley.....I wonder why?

I don't know about the Space Pirates here, but I am not throwing in the towel...not until the very end.
We made this far, fellow Space Pirates!!!
DON'T FALTER NOW!

BTW, The reason I missed this forum for a few days is because.......I am an uncle now :)
Congrats!

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ridley disconfirmed i think...
Oh ho ho, that better not be the complete roster. I mean, seriously? They revealed most of the the most interesting newcomers months before the release? Shameful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I don't get how people are so fanatic and motivated to find any evidence against Ridley. Like, what's the point? If I don't like a character I'm not even spending any attention to it. **** I care?

Plus there's ****ing 12 days left lol what the actual ****?

Last edited:

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Ah take a troll on him.

(1) All-star Mode was locked

(2) The character order on the screen shows clearly that the shown roster is not the final one, because the order is not correct. This only happens in smash games when the roster is incomplete. (Chars should be next to their game chars)
Well the pictures could be taken at different times, the melee roster has holes too. I don't want to be a debby downer but this seems to be the end

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't get how people are so fanatic and motivated to find any evidence against Ridley. Like, what's the point? If I don't like a character I'm not even spending any attention to it. **** I care?

Plus there's ****ing 12 days left lol what the actual ****?
I suppose you would have to detest a character entirely to understand why some people go through the effort.

Oh ho ho, that better not be the complete roster. I mean, seriously? They revealed most of the the most interesting newcomers months before the release? Shameful.
Gotta sell the game.

Seriously though...is he trying to troll or is he legitimately telling us that it's the final roster? I think we should all prepare ourselves for the worst case scenario.

Top Bottom