• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

I am not really complaining about Villager not getting a trailer. :p

Anyways, have you guys decided who will make the "mandatory" threads when Ridley is confirmed? Like the "I was wrong" thread, the "Will you main Ridley?" thread, etc. I want to make the "Will you main Ridley" one :p
I kind of want to do the "I Was Wrong Thread"

So I can finally contribute something.

Some of the Ridley veterans are probably going to take precedence for that over me though.

I feel like @ majora_787 majora_787 would be a good fit for that.

*Shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'll personally kill the person in this thread that makes the "I was wrong" thread before me :evil:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Alright.

I think I've got links to most everyone's requests for the OP (yes Phaazoid even Oasis is a goober)

I'm not writing stuff myself though. I got some requests for some of you people talented at wording things. I need someone to make (or link me to) an up to date version of the trophy theory after Lucina and Robin's reveal. I also need someone to make a post about Chrom's outright deconfirm with sources.

I also am awaiting @Smashoperatingbuddy123 's updated Shadow analysis with Megaman and a few touch ups.

IF all goes well, I should be able to have it done tonight
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-splounge-water.324284/page-637#post-16728288 SOB did their thing, I believe.

Also, I don't mind writing up stuff. Gimme a minute, unless someone else is up to it. I've got nothing to do right now, so I can get on it.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Some of the Ridley veterans are probably going to take precedence for that over me though.

*Shrugs*
I would suggest Phaazoid, Ismar or Andrea, personally. I do agree that more active users should get priority in creating the mandatory threads.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll personally kill the person in this thread that makes the "I was wrong" thread before me :evil:
*gulp*

Anyways, I think I'm over my ship for Ridley and Palutena. Now I'm all for Ridley and Robin♀, and I can only imagine what Ridley's confession would sound like. Their son is another question entirely.

"How is it possible that I fell for a human, and for you of all people? It does not matter if I die a thousand more deaths; I promise you that the Space Pirates will be at your side forever."

Just something I made right off the bat. Sorry again, AndreaAC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least there would be some basis behind the attraction.
With Robin being Grima and all...or is Grima male no matter what sex Robin is?

EDIT: Never mind, he is.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
By the way, I think @ AustarusIV AustarusIV ; should get the honor to make the Ridley Social thread, since he seems to be the biggest Ridley supporter in this thread. No pun intended and no offense to any of the various other Ridley supporters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*gulp*

Anyways, I think I'm over my ship for Ridley and Palutena. Now I'm all for Ridley and Robin♀, and I can only imagine what Ridley's confession would sound like. Their son is another question entirely.

"How is it possible that I fell for a human, and for you of all things? It does not matter if I die a thousand more deaths; I promise you that the Space Pirates will be at your side forever."

Just something I made right off the bat. Sorry again, AndreaAC.
Andrea only gets mad about shipping when it is about *sees she is viewing thread* Uh, actually, there is nothing about shipping other than Ridsalina

D

Deleted member

At least there would be some basis behind the attraction.
With Robin being Grima and all...or is Grima male no matter what sex Robin is?

EDIT: Never mind, he is.
Oh that doesn't matter, we ship everything regardless of the gender of the parties involved.

Ridley X Grima?

I do this too much...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
By the way, I think @ AustarusIV AustarusIV ; should get the honor to make the Ridley Social thread, since he seems to be the biggest Ridley supporter in this thread. No pun intended and no offense to any of the various other Ridley supporters.
Truly I AM the biggest Ridley supporter.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Alright.

I think I've got links to most everyone's requests for the OP (yes Phaazoid even Oasis is a goober)

I'm not writing stuff myself though. I got some requests for some of you people talented at wording things. I need someone to make (or link me to) an up to date version of the trophy theory after Lucina and Robin's reveal. I also need someone to make a post about Chrom's outright deconfirm with sources.

I also am awaiting @Smashoperatingbuddy123 's updated Shadow analysis with Megaman and a few touch ups.

IF all goes well, I should be able to have it done tonight
Can my very first post in the boards get a mention? Its a recap of the Phantom reveal, done to prove how much trollish Sakurai can get. If it actually contributes to something of course.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I haven't been here for a while, but my support hasn't wavered. Go Space Pirates!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Truly I AM the biggest Ridley supporter.
I"M Dirty Dan

Can my very first post in the boards get a mention? Its a recap of the Phantom reveal, done to prove how much trollish Sakurai can get. If it actually contributes to something of course.
Link it for me. I'm not doing the searching I'm doing the organizing

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'd say his social thread should be done by the person who's been here and stuck around the longest, who was the most active in this thread out of everyone. I know that I'm out of the running.

majora_787

Smash Hero

*Shrugs*
Que? You rang?

Honestly, I'm not interested in making or managing a thread that people would probably actually troll harder than they troll this one. :p

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
So is it just me who dreams about SSBM Reboot? Nintendo made peripherals so you can enjoy gameplay with gamecube controlers. And the fact that people have been requesting Game Cube VC for a long time, and yet nothing except WindWaker HD (kind of a reboot) for Wii U has been made. I would love Sakurai if he rebooted Melee and called it Melee 2.0... and added other characters and such. Kinda depends however, on what project Sakurai will work on next; probably another Kid Icarus game for Wii U or 3DS. Or will he work on another Smash title in the future with Nintendo's so called "Fusion". I know this is a Ridley discussion thread, but what are your thoughts? Who knows? If we don't get Ridley we can at least beg him to reboot Melee just like Windwaker and tell him to add Ridley since he was originally a part of the trailer...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So is it just me who dreams about SSBM Reboot? Nintendo made peripherals so you can enjoy gameplay with gamecube controlers. And the fact that people have been requesting Game Cube VC for a long time, and yet nothing except WindWaker HD (kind of a reboot) for Wii U has been made. I would love Sakurai if he rebooted Melee and called it Melee 2.0... and added other characters and such. Kinda depends however, on what project Sakurai will work on next; probably another Kid Icarus game for Wii U or 3DS. Or will he work on another Smash title in the future with Nintendo's so called "Fusion". I know this is a Ridley discussion thread, but what are your thoughts? Who knows? If we don't get Ridley we can at least beg him to reboot Melee just like Windwaker and tell him to add Ridley since he was originally a part of the trailer...
No. Sakurai considers smash a party game anyway and if he does listen to stuff like that, the next thing that will happen is people who want a For glory sequel

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'd just like to shamelessly plug my Meta Ridley campaign again.

(Also, can someone who has Prime 3's Meta Ridley model try to recreate the size difference? Note: NOT Omega Ridley.)

In Meta We Trust!
His model never was ripped from MP3. I like it more than Prime 1/Brawl version...well...i would like it more if it would have a longer lower jaw.

Why make a Melee reboot if a SSB WiiU/3DS sequel can be done instead? With gameplay still being something between Brawl and Melee (i guess...), so, not only hardcore Melee fans will enjoy it. Maybe with Wavedashing. Anyway, there is no point in making a Melee reboot when something better can be done instead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His model never was ripped from MP3. I like it more than Prime 1/Brawl version...well...i would like it more if it would have a longer lower jaw.
It's been almost 7 years and it hasn't been ripped yet?
I'm as dumbfounded as my avatar right now. :crazy:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'm optimistic about Ridley being playable, but I'm not confident enough to say more than 50-50. Don't get me wrong, I believe that yesterday increased Ridley's chances, but I just don't want to be overconfident and then end up being let down afterwards, because it'll hurt more if the worse case happens (which I hope doesn't happen, Ridley needs to be playable this time).

It does seem strange how:

Disconfirmed characters
Waluigi - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in a PotD and in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Ashley - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in a PotD and in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Starfy - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in a PotD and in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Samurai Goroh - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Dark Samus - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Dillon - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in a PotD. (Source)
Midna - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in a PotD and in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Isabelle - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified in a PotD and in the SSB Direct. (Source)
Phosphora - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown in a PotD, role later revealed in another PoTD/screenshot. (Source / Source 2 (As Assist Trophy))
Chrom - Quick and straight to the point: named, shown and role specified (through gameplay) in the video yesterday. (Source / Source 2 (Confirmed to not be playable by Nintendo to IGN))

Ridley
Not named.
Not shown (we only saw his shadow and a tail (if slowed down the clip/stop).
Role wasn't specified, his was basically called a boss character without being directly referenced, implied to be doing something on Pyrosphere.
Teasing via a PotD, shadow in the direct, trophy quiz in the direct.
Loads of Pyrosphere pictures and many clips of footage of Pyrosphere that lack Ridley.
No Pyrosphere presence at E3 or in demos, and Sakurai didn't mention Ridley.

It's like Sakurai doesn't want people to get the wrong idea, and wants to get it out the way and say who is and who isn't playable. But then why is Ridley, written off by many as supposedly "dis-confirmed", getting different treatment from the rest...? And what's worth noting, after the confusion of yesterday's video, Nintendo went out their way to confirm to people that Chrom is not playable. Months after the SSB Direct, we have not heard anything from either Sakurai or Nintendo about Ridley. If he's meant to be not playable, why didn't they say it there and then? It just seems like a baffling strategy for Sakurai to do, if Ridley isn't playable, he should have said there and then, not drag it out for months on end and up to the Japanese release day, getting our hopes up and then destroying them afterwards. People want to know about Ridley, yet he's tip-toeing around the subject still... I seriously want Ridley playable, and not knowing any concrete information is what's really annoying about this situation, and it's getting to the point where I'm getting annoyed with Sakurai.
@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr This should work for the Chrom IGN thing, I just added sources to everything.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr This should work for the Chrom IGN thing, I just added sources to everything.
Nice! Now I could just use a quick trophy write up with pictures and everything and I will be ready to begin!

I never quite got the competetive community.
I never quite got the casual community.

Well I got them. Just didn't understand why there's always so much hate towards us. We recognize the fun in casual play, yet casual diehards will yell at us for being "Melee elitists" when we just want a competitive game.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Nice! Now I could just use a quick trophy write up with pictures and everything and I will be ready to begin!

I never quite got the casual community.

Well I got them. Just didn't understand why there's always so much hate towards us. We recognize the fun in casual play, yet casual diehards will yell at us for being "Melee elitists" when we just want a competitive game.
It's not that I hate it, I just don't understand it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's been almost 7 years and it hasn't been ripped yet?
I'm as dumbfounded as my avatar right now. :crazy:
Yeah...i searched for it for 1 week and failed to find it for my project. This model isn`t the only one that never was ripped - his original Prime 1 model wasn`t ripped either.
Oh, actually, MP3 model WAS ripped, but it never was released for public. It was rigged for MMD.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I don't mind fighting competitively. I just get sick of people comparing the new Smash Bros games to Melee. All the time.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with wavedashing to the point of complaining that Sakurai didn't put it in the new Smash, and I don't care.

And from what little I know of the stupidly-complicated techniques, L-Canceling is completely superfluous.

Top Bottom