• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
WAIT. I Just Thought of something, regarding the unvailing:

Ridley truly is WAY too Big

...............of a Hype Bomb to be revealed in a random Nintendo Direct. and with the game just two months from release in Japan, it seems like a logical time to reveal him
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok @ RogersBase RogersBase I made a decision that is going to be better for you and me but also implies that it will take more time.

2 days before E3, I did a really big essay on him that talked generally about him and more about the direct. The problem with it is that it relies on something that has been deconfirmed today, he wasn't announced at E3.

However, after thinking about it, I found that the clip itself logically doesn't make sense to even exist. It's contradicting with Sakurai himself and his way to talk to the fans. I think he's pretty likely to be playable now.

I had the intent of redoing my essay tomorrow but since you're there, I will do it today. It will be my longest post on this forum ever and that's why it might take time to do it.

Are you ok if I pm you the post after?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait...
Newcomer...
Right after E3...
What if...
Sakurai didn't have the time to finish the character before E3?
And is revealing them early because it's a special case?
Who knows?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ok I reverse the megaman shadow points thing now ridleys shadow points on the megaman picture

I hope you can see the dots

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wait...
Newcomer...
Right after E3...
What if...
Sakurai didn't have the time to finish the character before E3?
And is revealing them early because it's a special case?
Who knows?
Maybe the character was just so large that they didn't have enough time to finish for E3

or the character was so big that it didn't fit on the E3 showfloor

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Maybe the character was just so large that they didn't have enough time to finish for E3

We understand eachother.

D

Deleted member

Grima Confirmed?

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
ok I reverse the megaman shadow points thing now ridleys shadow points on the megaman picture

I hope you can see the dots
All of these shadow comparisons just boost my confidence through the roof day after day :) Obviously not 100% confident, but I'm feeling a solid 80% at least at this point.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Ok @ RogersBase RogersBase I made a decision that is going to be better for you and me but also implies that it will take more time.

2 days before E3, I did a really big essay on him that talked generally about him and more about the direct. The problem with it is that it relies on something that has been deconfirmed today, he wasn't announced at E3.

However, after thinking about it, I found that the clip itself logically doesn't make sense to even exist. It's contradicting with Sakurai himself and his way to talk to the fans. I think he's pretty likely to be playable now.

I had the intent of redoing my essay tomorrow but since you're there, I will do it today. It will be my longest post on this forum ever and that's why it might take time to do it.

Are you ok if I pm you the post after?
Sounds good! Interested in hearing your thoughts!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That's still WAY too big. He's the size of two of her.
Thanks for comin over Roger, whether our research is worth it in the long run or not, it's awesome you'd take the time to come over and see the evidence for something you don't believe. It's also awesome you listen to your fans for discussion points for the podcast.

D

Deleted member

We're just gonna make Size Puns throughout the next 2.5 Days, aren't we.
I'll start us off:

If Ridley isn't revealed this Monday it will be a BIG let-down.

If Ridley isn't revealed in the trailer, I'll be
HUGELY disappointed.

I'll be here all week folks.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'll start us off:

If Ridley isn't revealed this Monday it will be a BIG let-down.

If Ridley isn't revealed in the trailer, I'll be
HUGELY disappointed.

I'll be here all week folks.
ooh, ooh, let me try. My sentences are quite elegant. One might even call me a wordsmith.

Ridley is big. Very big. Really, really big.

I think I'm getting the hang of it

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
For newbies, I'll pull out the ol' Ridley's projected size based on the Direct again and Angelglory's predicted size.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what would be hillarious?
If the "Newcomer" is announced in Pyrosphere, but not even a second after the Tagline appears onscreen, Ridley interrupts the show, throws the no-longer "Newcomer" into the Lava below, and he's playable instead of the poor soul to be thrown into the Lava Pit.
BEST REVEAL TRAILER.

D

Deleted member

ooh, ooh, let me try. My sentences are quite elegant. One might even call me a wordsmith.

Ridley is big. Very big. Ridley, Ridley big.

I think I'm getting the hang of it

You gotta remember to change your "really's" to "Ridley's" and make all your BIGS font size 7, purple, capped, and bolded.

Looks like someone needs to go back and study their Ridleynese again.

I fixed it for you this time, but

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Thanks for comin over Roger, whether our research is worth it in the long run or not, it's awesome you'd take the time to come over and see the evidence for something you don't believe. It's also awesome you listen to your fans for discussion points for the podcast.
Either you're making a joke or you're serious.
...And I'm leaning towards the former.
Not sure.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
You know what would be hillarious?
If the "Newcomer" is announced in Pyrosphere, but not even a second after the Tagline appears onscreen, Ridley interrupts the show, throws the no-longer "Newcomer" into the Lava below, and he's playable instead of the poor soul to be thrown into the Lava Pit.
BEST REVEAL TRAILER.
For some reason I intentionally pictured Ridley ripping the newcomer's name off the screen and throwing it in the lava instead of the character him/herself. XD

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley plz throw Chrom's name into the lava and have K rool shoot Chrom with the blunderbuss.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I still don't get it. What am I missing?
Well, there are a few things to this.

Personally, I believe that was a very, very planned segment. Maybe even to the point of scripted. If you re-watch it, you'll notice the sound has been cut out of it. There's definitely something odd with it.

Others think Ridley will have a unique flying mechanic, which is also a good theory. Traditional gliding from Brawl seems to be gone, and other flying characters, Metaknight and ROB, who might share this, haven't been shown.

There are one or two other theories, but those are the prominent ones.

That's fair. We know for sure at this point that Ridley is at least in the game, which is more than we can say for K. Rool. I can understand your plight.
I think Ridley will have something similar to Peach's (I think she kept it right?)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...I think RogersBase is related to Shokio.
Just a thought. o_o

Top Bottom