• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wow, you really took offense to that. I don't have a problem with Ridley or his fans, I just think he's a bit of an odd character to have such popularity. I'd love to see him in.
When you deal with comments like this for 15 long years, you're definitely going to be annoyed whenever this happens.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Wait, your biggest beef about Ridley is that he's just this "big scary monster boss"? And that you think is following is like a cult?

Wow, you really aren't familiar with the Metroid franchise are you? The reason Ridley is so damn popular is because he's the main villain of the series, and the one who basically set everything in motion by destroying Samus's home colony and killing her parents. He is to the franchise as Bowser and Ganondorf are to their respective franchises.

He is also the second most recurring character in the series, which really says something considering that nearly everyone else has a tendency to die in the game they're introduced in. As leader of the Space Pirates, his influence is seen everywhere wherever the Space Pirates attack, even after they're destroyed for good in Super Metroid.

His most defining characteristic, which is very much shown in all of his fights, is that he's a fierce and cunning warrior who revels in his bloodlust for battle. It's never about size. If you want to complain about a Metroid villain who's all about being big, look for Kraid.

Basically, if you're going to complain about someone being this "big boss who's all about being big", then we might as well cut out Bowser and Ganondorf because oh snap, they're gigantic in their games. Also, we shouldn't even consider K. Rool because he's nothing more than just a mere boss, who's also really BIG.
Vallians/Rivals: :4bowser::4dedede::ganondorf::wolf::metaknight::warioc: :mewtwopm::4villager:

Cut them all I say!!! Who wants to play as cool boss character or rivals!!!? Honestly this series is lacking some vallians. Ridley is one of the few amazing vallians left.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

I get the feeling that Sakurai is throwing us a MAJOR curve-ball about Ridley...
E3 2014 could be a happy day for us, Ridley supporters...

THIS is EXACTLY how the E3 crowd will react to Ridley's announcement as a playable character

Listen between 0:09 and 0:15...You'll hear the crowd chanting "RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY":)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
One thing I don't understand is why there is just so much support for Ridley. He's this boss character in Metroid, and he is pretty big, and wouldn't normally be considered as a Smash fighter. It seems like a strange character to have such a cult following.
You may already have recieved enough responses, but whatever.

He actually has a far more important role in the series than just "a boss character in Metroid", technically being the one that started the events of the series (killing Samus' parent, which lead her to become a hunter).

Plus, Metroid has a very dire amount of representation in Smash as far as characters go, only having the main protagonist and the main protagonist without her suit. Now, since Metroid doesn't really have that many characters to offer regardless, and most of the ones that could are already disconfirmed anyway (Dark Samus, Mother Brain), Ridley is pretty much the most popular choice for this position.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Part 2 shadow analyze

Part 2 of the shadow analysis: Before we start, I would like to address one more thing out of Part 1:

HE DECONFIRMED RIDLEY!

When the footage was shown in the Yellow Devil section, he never mentioned Ridley as another boss; He only heavily implied so.

He also deconfirms characters without beating around the bush, as with Waluigi, Ashley, Dillon, Wonder Red...

Sakurai:
"We didn’t introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here’s Dillon from Dillon’s Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling.
This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there’s no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge."

Sakurai:
"The Wonderful 100!! We also made trophies of some of the other Wonderful Ones."
There's a precedence of deconfirming characters directly. Ridley was not directly deconfirmed, so his chances still remain high.

EDIT

http://s4.postimg.org/5tqojhmi3/uhh.png

This is an even better explamation of where im getting at.

Anyhow, onto the second part.

HE'S HUGE!
Yeah, about that...
Okay, yeah, it DOES looks huge, but his shadow doesn't cover the central platform with the little pegs there.

Why is that relevant? Well, look at this picture.

His shadow is not as big as the center platform, which means he is smaller than he lets on.

Plus, his wings give off the illusion that his body is enormous.

But if we take some measurements...
We can see that his wingspan far exceeds his body.

And if we exclude the wings of the shadow picture above:

Wow, that's so much smaller.

And another thing:

the shadow does stretch out at points, so its an illusion to make Ridley much larger than he appears to be:

Not only is the shadow much larger, but the bottom is really stretched.

HE'S A BOSS CHARACTER, NOT A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!
Possible, but the exact quote was:
"Boss characters makes appearances in other stages, not just this one."
Why say boss characters?

I mean, these guys are/were bosses in their own games at some point, and they're characters.

Yes, even good ol' DK. So we can't rule out vague diction.

Another point against him being a boss: Did you notice Pikachu actually escapes Ridley?

Now this was a few moments before Ridley started flying again.

So how did Pikachu escape without any struggle? He was definitely not struggling.
According to the wiki on grabs, if your damage is at 0%, you can escape without struggle in about six seconds.

But the absolute weirdest sign is that just before the footage fade out, he may have jumped.
View attachment 12399

Compare with Brawl Ridley(s). Their movement is so smooth and well-telegraphed, much like most bosses in other games.

Compare with shadow footage Ridley. His movement is so jerky, much like how every character throughout the Smash Bros. series moves.

For all we know, that quote could mean anything.

SIZE COMPARION

Alright, let's start with the most important thing in my opinion: his hand and tail.
Pictured: Ridley's hand.

Pictured: Ridley's tail. (Estimated)

Because these shadows are on a wall, the only thing that can distort it is a zoom in effect on the picture. But since the shadows mostly stay true to the size of the characters, these are at least 80% accurate to actual size, in my opinion.

And it took me a while, but I found a another character shadow on the pillar, Donkey Kong.

At 2:29, look at the pillar, slow down the video, and don't blink.

That's my estimate, but I'm probably off on the fill in, so keep that in mind.

Ridley's tail talon is no where near Donkey Kong's height. It is most likely only 1/2 ish of Donkey Kong's height.

and his hand is only 1/6 of Donkey Kong's height.

Onto the hand!
Picture A: Ridley's size in Other M.
Picture B: angel glory's resized Ridley holding Samus.

Judging by the hand picture, if we increase the size of the hand shadow by a few knuckles, doing so would most likely yield Ridley's size from Picture B.
As for his tail, it's most likely this size:

Left: This is the size of Ridley's tail in Other M as compared to Samus.

Right: This is the estimated size of Ridley's tail in Sm4sh as compared to Pikachu.

Credit to @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt for this

Assuming the blob above is Pikachu, roughly six Ridley tails can fit inside Pikachu.
Therefore, Ridley's range of sizes are these, hardly boss-sized.

Ridley's largest size:

Ridley's smallest size:

Size comparison with Bigley and Smalley:

Bonus Yellow Devil comparison.

Next up his head:

his head is right there and my estimates are correct by his head size and kirbys shadow (which will be a little lower on this post)
is 2/3 or 1/2 ridleys head

And now the best part of them all: Body comparisons!
Okay, I gathered a few pictures of as many character's shadows as possible. (If you want to help me with this part, you can find me some full shadow pictures of other characters that aren't being covered by other obstructing/obscuring objects.)

As I mentioned earlier, Ridley's wings make him look a lot bigger, so for estimation purposes, I excluded the wings for size comparison. Also keep in mind that these aren't 100% perfect.

Heeeeeere we go

Charizard

Source:
at 2:01

Kirby

Source:
Go to 1:25
(Don't blink and you will see it. This took me many attempts to get this one.)

Zero Suit Samus (And by extension, Samus)

Source:
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/
you will see it under the correct categorys

Greninja

(this one was Really tough)

See Charizard for the source, and go to 1:38.

(With a keen eye, you can see Greninja's shadow)

Rosalina
(This is by far the most useful for arguments, because Rosalina and Bowser are almost the exact same height.)

(yes I know because of how she is its the best I can do)

Rosalina is almost as large as Ridley's whole body!

Source:
Go to 2:18.

(but if you guys/girls not commenced by this see if you can get me a better Rosalina shadow)

Ok Bowser is next

The Next picture is where the shadow is.
(picture by @ majora_787 majora_787 )

So, with this now without a further ado. Here is the pin points.

Blue, & Green, = shadow positions.

Red, & Yellow, = Approximate measurement of the shadow over here.

Hehehe look at that "Bowsers shadow is almost as big as Ridleys."

Source:

And going back to Rosalina's shadow.

Like I Said Rosalina, & Bowser Are Almost the same Height

Megaman & Pikachu

This is by far the most useful of them all megaman is in the air and is almost the same height as ridley (in the air wise).
So I decided to reverse the pin points on this one.

And sure enough I could do Ridleys pin points in this megaman picture.

Look at that Megaman's shadow is 2/3s of Ridleys Shadow.
(and if you look at pikachus shadow its 98% the same size as his own shadow when Ridley grabbed Pikachu.)

Source:

and now the best for last

I did Mother Brain, but I did Ridley's shadow points instead.

(The green dot is on the other size because that's his foot. And since Pikachu is on the other side, I need to use his other foot for reference.)

:crazy: Wait a Second Ridley shadow is smaller than mother brains

look at these

Ridley has always been bigger than Mother Brain, (Well, except for the NES, but Zero Mission retconned that) so why is Mother Brain's shadow now bigger than Ridley's?
well that's what I got you want more you can help for finding more shadows of other characters or better pictures or mention anything I missed I will post it for a part 3 (sectioned missed arguments)

so what are you thoughts

link to part 1
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ii-u-3ds-thread.324284/page-636#post-16727842]

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Part 2 shadow analyze

but first one more thing of part 1

HE DECONFIRMED RIDLEY
when the footage was shown it he never mention ridley about other bosses (when he said not just this one he was talking about yellow devil)

he deconfirms characters directly

he did that with 4 highly requested ones

Sakurai quote
We didn’t introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here’s Dillon from Dillon’s Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling.
This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there’s no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge.

sakurai quote
The Wonderful 100!! We also made trophies of some of the other Wonderful Ones.

so he deconfirms directly ridley was not a direct deconfirm so hes still in the game

NOW for Part 2

ITS HUGE
wrong again arguers

yea it looks huge but his shadow does not cover the middle with the little pegs there

but what does this have to do with size look at these

the shadow is not as big as the whole thing which means hes smaller

and his wings also gives the illusion his body is enormous

but measurement (this Is by gimps measuring by pixels)

see his wings are longer than his body

if we exclude the wings of the shadow picture above

yea way smaller ant he?

oh one more thing

the shadow does have some stretch out points so its a illusion of his size like this

see how its stretched out on the bottom and look bigger
now for the next part

HES A BOSS NOT PLAYABLE
possibly but except for one thing the quote was
boss characters makes appearances in other stages not just this one

BOSS CHARACTERS

why refer as boss characters

I mean aren't these 3 boss characters

(dk is before the donkey kong country series)

so that could mean anything

and theres another thing suspicious on him being a boss did you know Pikachu accually escapes ridley

now this was a few momments before ridley started to start flying again

so how did Pikachu escape without any struggle and also he was definatly not struggling

and according to the wiki on grabs you can escape without struggle it takes 6 seconds if your damage is at 0% aproximatly anyway

but the weirdest the absolute weirdest sign is just before the fade out of the footage he may have jumped
View attachment 12399

look at the brawl ridley(s) there movement is so smooth most boss in other games are like this

and if you look at shadow footage ridley his movement is all jerky like how every character threw the smash series move

now for the one we all that quote could mean anything

SIZE COMARISON

ok lets start with the most important in my opinion his hand and tail

that's his hand
now his tail

(this one is a estimate)

the key of these pictures because its on a wall and the only thing that can hide is a zoom in affect on the picture but the shadoes mostly stay to size of the character so these are atleast 80% accurate actually size in my opinion

and it took me awhile but I found a another character shadow on the pillar (Donkey kong)
at 2:29 look at the pillar slow mo the video and don't blink

that's the estimate but im probably off on the fill in remember that

but ridleys talon is no where near donkey kongs height its probably only 1/2 ish of donkey kong

and his hand is 1/6 of donkey kong
so for the hand

that's picture A

picture B is angel glorys sized ridley holding samus

juding by the hand one increase the size of the hand one by a few knuckles of the picture B one that's probably his size

and his tail

is probably this

the talon to the right of Pikachu is estimately the size of the ssb4 ridley talon

the one next to samus right is estimately (the bigger one to be specific) is the estimate of how big the ridley talon is in other m

next up his head

his head is right there and my estimates are correct by his head size and kirbys shadow (which will be a little lower on this post)

and now the best part of them all Body comparisons

ok I gather a few pictures of shadows of as many characters as possible
(you want to help with this part you can find me some full shadow pictures of other characters that not being covered a little bit by other stuff I can do those)

(oh as I mentioned earlier Ridleys wings make him look a lot bigger so for estimate purposes I excluded the wings for size comparison)

Heeeeeere we go

(oh yes these are not 100% perfect)

Charizard

Video where I got the chariard picture

Kirby

Video where I got Kirbys Shadow
at 1:25
Don't blink and you will see this took me many attempts to get this one

Zero Suit Samus (well kindof samus at the same time since they're Almost identical)

Where I got this

Greninja

as for where I got this one

Same as Charizard except at 1:38 instead

(if you have eyes of a hawk you can see the greninja shadow and if you don't blink)

Rosalina

this is by far the most usful for arguments because Rosalina and bowser are almost the exact same height

see that Rosalina is super close to ridleys whole body

(but if you guys/girls not commenced by this see if you can get me a better Rosalina shadow)

I did mother brain as well but I did the reverse I did ridleys shadow points

(the green dot is on the other size because that's his foot and Pikachu is on the other side so I need up to his foot)

look at these

ridley has always ben bigger than mother brain why is mother brain shadow bigger than ridleys??????

well that's what I got you want more you can help for finding more shadows of other characters or better pictures or mention anything I missed I will post it for a part 3 (sectioned missed arguments)

so what are you thoughts

link to part 1
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ii-u-3ds-thread.324284/page-636#post-16727842
That's really good! I would support putting this as part of the OP for this topic.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Part 2 shadow analyze

HE DECONFIRMED RIDLEY
when the footage was shown it he never mention ridley about other bosses (when he said not just this one he was talking about yellow devil)

Sakurai quote
We didn’t introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here’s Dillon from Dillon’s Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling.
This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there’s no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge.

sakurai quote

so he deconfirms directly ridley was not a direct deconfirm so hes still in the game

NOW for Part 2

ITS HUGE
wrong again arguers

yea it looks huge but his shadow does not cover the middle with the little pegs there

yea way smaller ant he?

oh one more thing

the shadow does have some stretch out points so its a illusion of his size like this

now for the next part

HES A BOSS NOT PLAYABLE

BOSS CHARACTERS

and theres another thing suspicious on him being a boss did you know Pikachu accually escapes ridley

so how did Pikachu escape without any struggle and also he was definatly not struggling

and according to the wiki on grabs you can escape without struggle it takes 6 seconds if your damage is at 0% aproximatly anyway

but the weirdest the absolute weirdest sign is just before the fade out of the footage he may have jumped
View attachment 12399

look at the brawl ridley(s) there movement is so smooth most boss in other games are like this

and if you look at shadow footage ridley his movement is all jerky like how every character threw the smash series move

SIZE COMARISON

that's his hand
now his tail

(this one is a estimate)

the key of these pictures because its on a wall and the only thing that can hide is a zoom in affect on the picture but the shadoes mostly stay to size of the character so these are atleast 80% accurate actually size in my opinion

and it took me awhile but I found a another character shadow on the pillar (Donkey kong)

but ridleys talon is no where near donkey kongs height its probably only 1/2 ish of donkey kong

so for the hand

that's picture A

juding by the hand one increase the size of the hand one by a few knuckles of the picture B one that's probably his size

and his tail

is probably this

the talon to the right of Pikachu is estimately the size of the ssb4 ridley talon

the one next to samus right is estimately (the bigger one to be specific) is the estimate of how big the ridley talon is in other m

next up his head

(you want to help with this part you can find me some full shadow pictures of other characters that not being covered a little bit by other stuff I can do those)

(oh as I mentioned earlier Ridleys wings make him look a lot bigger so for estimate purposes I excluded the wings for size comparison)

Heeeeeere we go

Charizard

Kirby

Zero Suit Samus (well kindof samus at the same time since they're Almost identical)

Where I got this

Greninja

(if you have eyes of a hawk you can see the greninja shadow and if you don't blink)

Rosalina

this is by far the most usful for arguments because Rosalina and bowser are almost the exact same height

(the green dot is on the other size because that's his foot and Pikachu is on the other side so I need up to his foot)

look at these

ridley has always ben bigger than mother brain why is mother brain shadow bigger than ridleys??????

so what are you thoughts

link to part 1
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ii-u-3ds-thread.324284/page-636#post-16727842
All these size comparisons raise major questions.

If Ridley is in fact meant to serve as a stage hazard, then why would Sakurai make him the smallest he's been since Metroid 1? The idea of a stage hazard is to be big and threatening, so why shrink Ridley down so drastically? Furthermore, it seems like this particular Ridley is a hybrid between multiple incarnations. If the goal is to replicate the area from OM, why bother changing the main aspect of it to a completely unique design?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Part 2 shadow analyze

HE DECONFIRMED RIDLEY

Sakurai quote

sakurai quote

NOW for Part 2

ITS HUGE
wrong again arguers

yea way smaller ant he?

oh one more thing

now for the next part

HES A BOSS NOT PLAYABLE

BOSS CHARACTERS

View attachment 12399

SIZE COMARISON

that's his hand
now his tail

(this one is a estimate)

so for the hand

that's picture A

and his tail

is probably this

next up his head

Heeeeeere we go

Charizard

Kirby

Where I got this

Greninja

Rosalina

look at these

so what are you thoughts

link to part 1
This is a really excellent job! Put in some punctuation corrections, and I would definitely copy/paste this argument against detractors.

The only thing I kinda doubt is Ridley grabbing Pikachu, as the zig-zag tail could be caused by the uneven floor of the Pyrosphere platform, but really, I don't care whether or not Ridley grabbed Pikachu. Lots of characters can hold characters with some mobility, Kirby being the first example that pops in my head.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Part 2 shadow analyze

HE DECONFIRMED RIDLEY

Sakurai quote

sakurai quote

NOW for Part 2

ITS HUGE
wrong again arguers

yea way smaller ant he?

oh one more thing

now for the next part

HES A BOSS NOT PLAYABLE

BOSS CHARACTERS

View attachment 12399

SIZE COMARISON

that's his hand
now his tail

(this one is a estimate)

so for the hand

that's picture A

and his tail

is probably this

next up his head

Heeeeeere we go

Charizard

Kirby

Where I got this

Greninja

Rosalina

look at these

so what are you thoughts

link to part 1
What I learned is that Rosalina is big as ****.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Part 2 shadow analyze

HE DECONFIRMED RIDLEY

Sakurai quote

sakurai quote

NOW for Part 2

ITS HUGE
wrong again arguers

yea way smaller ant he?

oh one more thing

now for the next part

HES A BOSS NOT PLAYABLE

BOSS CHARACTERS

View attachment 12399

SIZE COMARISON

that's his hand
now his tail

(this one is a estimate)

so for the hand

that's picture A

and his tail

is probably this

next up his head

Heeeeeere we go

Charizard

Kirby

Where I got this

Greninja

Rosalina

look at these

so what are you thoughts

link to part 1
The dot shadow comparisons are amazing. Haha Ridley as tall as Rosalina im loving it. Ridley is confirmed playable in my eyes until Sakurai says otherwise.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
GameFAQs is tiring.

Just today, some fool declared that Ridley fans are a joke because they "always post pictures and videos" in response to TooBigots. And yet, this charming fellow presumably doesn't bat an eye when any other fans defend any other character.

"BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY BAD!!!1!!1!"

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, good job on that post and all, but it's so many images and embed videos in one page that my poor 5 year or so old laptop can hardly handle loading it all without the browser lagging up. Don't do this again, and if it gets added to the OP, collapse tags please.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think the real question here is: can this topic reach 666 pages before E3?
And I realize now that my worries were unwarranted because the topic has grown by 28 pages in 4 days. (At this rate it will hit 666 in another 4 days.)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I have an even bigger question.

Can this topic get at least a million views?

D

Deleted member

I think one thing that people overlook is that the Geothermal Power Plant battleground itself is smaller than its Other M incarnation when compared to Samus.
That would mean by default Ridley wouldn't have the same ratio to Samus as in Other M, otherwise he's bordering on Godzilla territory for the stage.

So size shouldn't be so analytically looked at (especially when all we have is a ****ing shadow) in context of "playable size" vs. "boss size". Regardless of his role, he's going to be smaller than in Other M.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is a really excellent job! Put in some punctuation corrections, and I would definitely copy/paste this argument against detractors.

The only thing I kinda doubt is Ridley grabbing Pikachu, as the zig-zag tail could be caused by the uneven floor of the Pyrosphere platform, but really, I don't care whether or not Ridley grabbed Pikachu. Lots of characters can hold characters with some mobility, Kirby being the first example that pops in my head.
if you give me those mistakes and I will fix them for yea

oh one more thing for everyone on my 2 posts

please share them if you wish

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I think one thing that people overlook is that the Geothermal Power Plant battleground itself is smaller than its Other M incarnation when compared to Samus.
That would mean by default Ridley wouldn't have the same ratio to Samus as in Other M, otherwise he's bordering on Godzilla territory for the stage.

So size shouldn't be so analytically looked at (especially when all we have is a ****ing shadow) in context of "playable size" vs. "boss size". Regardless of his role, he's going to be smaller than in Other M.
Well Yellow Devil takes up almost half the stage and when he attacks he takes up the whole stage.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131212140648/ssb/images/0/04/The_devil.jpg

Yet here we are with a much larger stage being Pyrosphere with a Rosalina sized Ridley. There is plenty of room to make him bigger even bigger then Yellow Devil if they wanted. Why so absurdly small?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would call Ridley a 50/50 at worst to be honest. It's not impossible, but we have an under-sized Ridley who moves bizarrely slowly, grabs but does not immediately damage opponents (which is insanely unlike AI boss or otherwise), is supposedly exclusively on a stage which already most likely has a lava-related hazard, and was not deconfirmed explicitly but was instead vaguely implied by having his shadow shown in a section called "Yellow Devil" (and not Bosses or something).

I consider him all but confirmed at this point with all of this weird stacked up. Any disappointment I get from being wrong later is mine. :p But I have a feeling.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Vallians/Rivals: :4bowser::4dedede::ganondorf::wolf::metaknight::warioc: :mewtwopm::4villager:

Cut
What I learned is that Rosalina is big as ****.
Mario Galaxy She is big as ****
Mario Kart wii she is big as ****
Mario Galaxy 2 She is big as ****
Mario Kart 7 She is big as ****
Mario Party IT she is big as ****
Mario 3d world she is big as ****
I just discovered something that confirms ridley, sakurai has a cat, cats has 9 lives, ridley has been in 9 metroid games, ridley confirmed

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Won't quote the big post but here's my reply:

Wow now this is quickly gone from impossible to tell to almost playable. The E3 argument shows how he can only be playable and revealed at E3 but now, you just provided the proof that it would make so much sense. In my opinion, Sakurai is playing with us so that we could laugh and enjoy his troll. He hides the fact that he granted us our most request. I think that at this point, it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to be an hazard, it's not a 50/50 anymore; it's almost a lock and he still didn't provided any explanation but E3 is coming so what is the only thing that could happen? Think about it for any pro hazard, IT IS TOO LATE TO BELIEVE THAT HE'S AN HAZARD. Seriously, he wouldn't have waited for weeks to tell he's an hazard where E3 is supposed to hype people. I agree hazard can be cool but is one of the most requested character shown as hazard is E3 material? It is not because it would be underwhelming. In brawl, he was a boss because they put too much focus on sse and so destroying ridley's chance. But here, SSE is gone and so more time to do character and so there's no clear reason to why they chose to keep him as hazard.
I'm really going to add something in my sig to tell that I was wrong about it if he's not playable because now I'm sure he will be.

/thread

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow from my thing i pretty much almost change the hearts of some of the disbelief people of ridley ever since the shadow

(Excluded people who still believed)

By the way the key of the measurement is all of the shadows of the pryosphere(world or only geothermal power plant) are going to have the simular growth and illusion as ridleys

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's a shame E3 is still a month away. :\ But the hype could destroy the internet, and that would be kind of inconvenient.

Morbi

Scavenger
Is it bad that I am excited about Ridley at E3 not because he would be announced... but because everyone would finally come to terms with the notion that they were wrong the entire time?

Morbi

Scavenger
after the smash direct, this site crashed fr like some hours. Imagine the E3 after the confirmation of ridley this is going to be crazy!!!
I feel as though that would be a minor hype killer. We wouldn't really be able to talk about the announcements, but at the same time; it is hype in and of itself that the site is going to crash.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be completely honest, that scenario is the main reason why I support Ridley so much.
It is good to know that I am not alone; I feel bad about supporting a character that I don't really care about all too much, but it annoys me when people pretentiously assert fallacious reasoning. It reminds me of Toon Link all over again.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Is it bad that I am excited about Ridley at E3 not because he would be announced... but because everyone would finally come to terms with the notion that they were wrong the entire time?
No, not really. I imagine anyone person with a basic sense of logic would take great satisfaction in seeing those idiotic Ridley detractors put in their place.

On the flip side, it would be (and kind of already is) awful to be wrong about Ridley after all this. Those detractors can be so needlessly cruel at times...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No, not really. I imagine anyone person with a basic sense of logic would take great satisfaction in seeing those idiotic Ridley detractors put in their place.

On the flip side, it would be (and kind of already is) awful to be wrong about Ridley after all this. Those detractors can be so needlessly cruel at times...
And i created 2 golden bullets to defeat those ridley detractors

Now not entirely getting hopes up but i can't wait to see the looks on they're faces when ridley is confirmed playable

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

I don't even know how I would feel if I was wrong. I would probably be too embarrassed to show up on these boards again. But you know, that isn't going to happen. :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't even know how I would feel if I was wrong. I would probably be too embarrassed to show up on these boards again. But you know, that isn't going to happen. :troll:
That's quite a bold thing to say, considering you're gambling on a character that is strongly suggested to be a stage hazard. I'm not saying Ridley's been ruled out, but do keep in mind that there's a very real possibility that Ridley is just a stage hazard, just like Sakurai alluded to. It's a bit dangerous to place so much confidence in a character who's role in the game is strongly hinted, by the director himself, no less, to be something other than playable. Just giving you a fair warning; don't get too sure of yourself.

Morbi

Scavenger
That's quite a bold thing to say, considering you're gambling on a character that is strongly suggested to be a stage hazard. I'm not saying Ridley's been ruled out, but do keep in mind that there's a very real possibility that Ridley is just a stage hazard, just like Sakurai alluded to. It's a bit dangerous to place so much confidence in a character who's role in the game is strongly hinted, by the director himself, no less, to be something other than playable. Just giving you a fair warning; don't get too sure of yourself.
That is exactly why I am so sure of myself; ambiguity will always inadvertently allude to the truth, or at least that is the case in my experience.

Top Bottom