• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just had an horrible idea ...
What if Ridley was teased as a boss in SSB4 the same way he is teased in almost every metroid games ?(shadows or appearance in the beggining of each game)

I do believe there are evidence s for Ridley to be playable and I really wish he'll make in
But I just had this idea to maybe not put my hopes too much high
What do you think ?
Can someone destroy my theory please ?
Have you seen my size charts?

If need be, I can walk you through how I came to this size.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
What if Ridley was teased as a boss in SSB4 the same way he is teased in almost every metroid games ?(shadows or appearance in the beggining of each game)

I do believe there are evidences for Ridley to be playable and I really wish he'll make in
What do you think ?
I don't think he was ever teased in any metroid game with a shadow, infact you usually see him in his full glory pretty early on in the game then fight him later.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

I do believe there are evidences for Ridley to be playable and I really wish he'll make in
What do you think ?
I don't think he was ever teased in any metroid game with a shadow, infact you usually see him in his full glory pretty early on in the game then fight him later.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well, he's hidden within the shadows before battle in SM, dunno if it counts...

You ought to draw him a medal!
Give me a minute.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I turned notifications off for likes, too annoying being alerted just for a simple like.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
While you're drawing, can I get some Ridley x Pikachu ship fanart? I need to mess with a few people. :troll:

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen my size charts?

If need be, I can walk you through how I came to this size.
I've read all the thread recently and I agree with all your size and other works about him being playable
I do think he'll be playable
I'm just fearing and trying to think like a detractor so someone could shut my fears off
Do you know what I mean ?
I'm trying to find idea that could makes him a boss in order to prove myself he is playable with your help !

yeah, ive played almost every main series metroid game and he's never been teased as a shadow
In metroid prime we can see his shadows in phendrama at the beggining, right ?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've read all the thread recently and I agree with all your size and other works about him being playable
I'm just fearing and trying to think like a detractor so someone could shut my fears off
I'm trying to find idea that could makes him a boss in order to prove myself he is playable with your help !

Well, Majora does have a comprehensive post about how hyping Ridley as a boss makes no sense...

Too lazy to scrounge for it tho...

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

I think this would be closer to our reaction when Ridley is announced as playable

Last edited:

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice

yeah thats true, but that doesnt really count cuz we see him in the frigate orpheon and we chase him down to Tallon IV

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
You guys may want to lower some of your expectations, to be honest, because the whole "not confirmed as boss" thing is a bit similar to something else-something that happened during E3.
When the new Legend of Zelda was shown, people were confused about Link's design. However, Aonuma stated "no one explicitly said it was Link." This made a TON of fans to believe that it wasn't Link at all, and was instead another character like Zelda.
But then Aonuma stated it really was Link and he was just screwing around with everyone.

I admit, I am not a fan of Ridley. In fact, his confirmation might keep me from getting the game before Christmas. However, I do know that many people will be disappointed if he is not playable. However, I'm not saying this to get you all in an outrage. I'm simply saying to lower your expectations to either soften the blow if he's a stage boss, or to get even more hyped if he ends up being playable.
As a fan of Waluigi, I was devastated when I saw he was an assist trophy again, and that comment from Sakurai really made it worse. So think of this not as a gloat, but as a warning. If he ends up playable then there you guys go. If not, then that's just the way it is.

On another note, if someone thinks Ridley is gonna be revealed on Monday, why would Sakurai just shove him in on a random Monday instead of an important event, like the game's release or E3? Sure there's Sonic, but then there's Megaman and Pac Man. Surely Ridley would get a bigger honor than a nonimportant Monday, hm?

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Well, Majora does have a comprehensive post about how hyping Ridley as a boss makes no sense...

Too lazy to scrounge for it tho...
I certainly already saw it then
As I said, Ridley as a boss would be stupid since all the evidence we have so far
I'm just putting theory which aim to destroy the most "argument" anti-ridley people could have !

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You guys may want to lower some of your expectations, to be honest, because the whole "not confirmed as boss" thing is a bit similar to something else-something that happened during E3.
When the new Legend of Zelda was shown, people were confused about Link's design. However, Aonuma stated "no one explicitly said it was Link." This made a TON of fans to believe that it wasn't Link at all, and was instead another character like Zelda.
But then Aonuma stated it really was Link and he was just screwing around with everyone.

I admit, I am not a fan of Ridley. In fact, his confirmation might keep me from getting the game before Christmas. However, I do know that many people will be disappointed if he is not playable. However, I'm not saying this to get you all in an outrage. I'm simply saying to lower your expectations to either soften the blow if he's a stage boss, or to get even more hyped if he ends up being playable.
As a fan of Waluigi, I was devastated when I saw he was an assist trophy again, and that comment from Sakurai really made it worse. So think of this not as a gloat, but as a warning. If he ends up playable then there you guys go. If not, then that's just the way it is.

On another note, if someone thinks Ridley is gonna be revealed on Monday, why would Sakurai just shove him in on a random Monday instead of an important event, like the game's release or E3? Sure there's Sonic, but then there's Megaman and Pac Man. Surely Ridley would get a bigger honor than a nonimportant Monday, hm?
K.

I'm not expecting him Monday, but on an August Direct.

Does this will do?

Please, someone needs to know where I took this.
My first guess was Mario.

Then my second guess was Paper Mario.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
What if Sakurai expect us to expect that he is unpredictable ?
So he makes us think Monday will be Shulk's reveal to make us think it won't be Shulk, but since it's predictable it will actually be shulk because now we don't expect it anymore !

So maybe it's the same for the "obvious" Ridley reveal on august

Or maybe I should stop thinking, and live happy with my wife and children (IF I HAD ONES)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I dunno. You make it sound like not a big reveal, but none of the other reveals were announced in advance. This one, on the other hand, is being purposely hyped up. Sakurai is turning an unimportant Monday into hype city.

(I personally think that if Ridley is playable he will be a secret character, though, so I'm not thinking Ridley on Monday)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Why would a character being in or out really play that big of a factor on when you decide you get it?
That's a good point. If there's a character in that you don't like, just NOT play as them.

The idea of character inclusions breaking whether someone wants to purchase a game is rather ludicrous. I'm not afraid to say that Dark Pit would be a waste of a character slot, but I wouldn't not buy the game out of spite.

Character EXCLUSIONS? Totally understandable.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I would hope he has a big reveal during a direct, but after Pac-Man being announced through a live blog during the round table, you can never be too sure :p Just trying to account for all possibilities, I suppose. I would personally love to see Ridley show up during the August direct like @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt would. Then again, that could just be too obvious for Sakurai to allow us the pleasure :laugh:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That's a good point. If there's a character in that you don't like, just NOT play as them.

The idea of character inclusions breaking whether someone wants to purchase a game is rather ludicrous. I'm not afraid to say that Dark Pit would be a waste of a character slot, but I wouldn't not buy the game out of spite.

Character EXCLUSIONS? Totally understandable.
If this game doesn't have Mario, Doc Mario, Baby Mario, Paper Mario, and Shadow Mario, and about 30 others that I can't be bothered to name, I'm done with smash

Alternately, if there were 12 Links, I might consider buying it.

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Why would a character being in or out really play that big of a factor on when you decide you get it?
Normally it wouldn't, but there's one thing.
Online mode.
Let's be honest, all of you are going to be maining Ridley, right?
There are literally thousands of people who want to use him as their main, and chances are online matches will be filled with him. Let's all be honest here, after the pit-spammers in Brawl's online it wouldn't be too fun to be fighting three other people all playing as Ridley.

I still will get the game, that's certain. Megaman is too awesome to be overlooked. But with all the Ridleylove going on, I wouldn't be too surprised if one of my first online matches was against at least one guy playing as Ridley.

Anyways, what's this about an August direct possibly confirming Ridley? I have no idea which of the thousand pages this is on, though I'm a bit curious.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Online mode.
There are literally thousands of people who want to use him as their main, and chances are online matches will be filled with him. Let's all be honest here, after the pit-spammers in Brawl's online it wouldn't be too fun to be fighting three other people all playing as Ridley.

I still will get the game, that's certain. Megaman is too awesome to be overlooked. But with all the Ridleylove going on, I wouldn't be too surprised if one of my first online matches was against at least one guy playing as Ridley.

Anyways, what's this about an August direct possibly confirming Ridley? I have no idea which of the thousand pages this is on, though I'm a bit curious.
Metroid anniversary + there's been a direct every 2 months revealing a new character so far

So by patterns (which definitely always works with Sakurai) chance of a Direct in August, announcing a new Metroid game and Ridley in smash, making everyone here piss themselves with fanboy/girl

that's the gist of it

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
now there's an oxymoron if there ever was one
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ridley Supporter !
If i find some sh*t detractors could say you people could hopefully find a good argument agaist so technically the Ridley chances will grow higher

"You have to think like you enemy in order to kill it " Jean Paul Obama - 1670 before JC

Never stop thinking. Ridley will always be with you, no matter how twisted we make him seem here.
If I get a child and a wife, Ridley will eventually come to kill me and my wife so my child will become a super badass space hunter to save the galaxy !
I wouldn't be even mad actually

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Online mode.

You forget that the Mega Man fans probably outnumber Ridley fans on the whole thanks to the fact that TooBigots may be Mega Man or any other character fans.
Because Mega Man is you know, Mega Man.

You seem to be forgetting as well that while we fervently support Ridley, there is a large number of people that don't, so it's fairly unrealistic to assume that you'd see Ridley only matches on a frequent basis online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What if Sakurai expect us to expect that he is unpredictable ?
So he makes us think Monday will be Shulk's reveal to make us think it won't be Shulk, but since it's predictable it will actually be shulk because now we don't expect it anymore !

So maybe it's the same for the "obvious" Ridley reveal on august

Or maybe I should stop thinking, and live happy with my wife and children (IF I HAD ONES)
Sakurai is unpredictable, so he'll post Ridley!
But he knows we know he's unpredictable, so he'll post Shulk!
But now he knows that we know that he knows that we know he's unpredictable so-
Oh dear I appear to have gone cross-eyed.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
This is my idea of Ridley's trailer, it uses the same style of the cutscenes of other m
-We start with zero suit samus fightning pit, megaman and mario, the place is very dark and you can't see a thing, then the camera stops focusing on the fight and looks at the background, two green eyes appear out of nowhere and moves, we are back in the fight and megaman shots a mega blaster to samus, samus dodges the attack but the attack hits a wall, lava starts flowing and it is revealed that they are fightning in the pyrosphere, samus is knocked by pit and hits the floor, she then sees a figure moving in the shadows and her face changes from being annoyed to being worried, she looks where mario, pit and megaman are fightning and they are suddenly knocked by a fire ball, samus seems surprised and then a big shadow appears on from behind, she turns and see Ridley apearing with an evil grin, similar to the scene on other m, Ridley lands on the pyrosphere and the newcomer image "Ridley terrorizes from the sky", we see gameplay of him, the other m theme on the background, we see him flying, throwing fire balls, after the gameplay footage we see ridley walking towards mario and the others, who are knocked down, then he is hit from behind, he turns and see samus looking at him with a defiant looks, Ridlet smirks and we see a flashback, we see him in front of a young girl and then in front of samus on her power suit, Ridley and Samus runs towards each other and the trailer ends.

Top Bottom