• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The recovery Kid.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
So, I just recently found that you can magnet pull without the b-stick. Not sure if everyone already knew that, but it's real easy to do. just pk fire the opposite direction then pull out magnet afterwards. I'm not sure if you fly as far as a b-stick magnet pull, but it works wonders for horizontal recovery.

Because of this, my friends have all laeled Lucas as a cheat. So what are your favorite ways to recover?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, I found this out last week. I was so glad, because now I don't have to sacrifice C-Stick smashes. :chuckle: It's fun to PK Fire one direction, and then Magnet Pull back the direction you came from. MINDGAMEZ.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
You really can do this?

Step-by-step instructions would be -

1. Face toward the ledge from off stage
2. Use pk fire to face the other direction
3. Use magnet while still in that 'drifting' moment
4. SHOOT LIKE A LASER WEEEEEOOOOOOOO
5. Get back onto the stage?

This would be extremely useful. I always thought most of the b-sticking techniques were useless except that one, but I didn't want to sacrifice my c-stick for it.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
found this a while ago, but here it is, full powered magnet pull

1. Jump forward (if you want it less powered just jump+midair jump)
2.PK Fire in the OPPISITE direction you are moving
3.down+B
win

MacTheZombeh

Smash Rookie
Yes, i've done it before, but i'm not too good at it... i like his normal recovery :D

Star Lucas

Smash Cadet
I do it, but rarely. What's this b sticked magnet? I know what b stick is, just don't know how the magnet input affects Lucas.

Levitas

the moon
It's easier to magnet pull with the bstick because you can just wavebounce a pk fire, hold your directional input, and flick down C for the optimal magnet pull.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Speaking of Magnet pulling, there's something i've been unable to do.

I don't know how to reverse the direction the magnet is pulling me. Normally it just continue to pull me in the same direction, but occasionally I try to reverse the direction, or I do it by accident so the magnet actually pulls me the opposite direction I'm wavebouncing. I think I see prOPAC do it consistently, I'd like to know how exactly. :o

Levitas

the moon
ProAPC bsticks, so his inputs are the same as wavebouncing pk fire, except you hit down c for the reverse magnet pull. In other words, jump, hold forward, flick down c.

I don't know much about doing it w/o bsticking. I haven't found a really practical application where it's a lot better than something else, though.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
magnet pulling the opposite direction is done by B reversing the magnet. Or in this case, press down B and then flick the analog in the opposite direction that you're currently travelling. It's not that useful except if your opponent catches on to your magnet pull recovery and tries to predict it with aerials. You'll have time to recover with PKT2 safely usually afterward.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
found this a while ago, but here it is, full powered magnet pull

1. Jump forward (if you want it less powered just jump+midair jump)
2.PK Fire in the OPPISITE direction you are moving
3.down+B
win
yeah, its a b-sticking alternative, i thought i discovered it, and was about to post it this morning... but its already on one of the stickies :\

S.D

Smash Master
I use this to recover when you're up high, it takes out the risks of pkt2. Handy especially against people who haven't seen it before and aren't used to facing a multitude of recovery options.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
well, i found something else> I successfully reversed the magnet, so as i fly forward, it's in my hand but then sometimes, something weird happens. I try to reverse it but i fly a little the distance i'm coming from. then i gotta use pkt to get back on the stage. i think i figured out how to do it, and it seems to work mind tricks too.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hahahaha. Someone already bumped up the thread before me, and he joined in 2007.

And I've been on these boards since 2004, just I had to make a new account since my last one was banned.

Lizard

Smash Ace
i don't understand why i sometimes go back the way i came when i pull.... i don't b-stick.

btw, Irsic, i saw some of your video's, and i am wondering how you reverse the psi magnet to the other direction after you pk fire.

thanks for the help

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i don't understand why i sometimes go back the way i came when i pull.... i don't b-stick.

btw, Irsic, i saw some of your video's, and i am wondering how you reverse the psi magnet to the other direction after you pk fire.

thanks for the help
you are reversing the psi magnet

which video did you watch?

Top Bottom