• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Range Of Gazelle Punch

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
I was bored one night, and found myself labing around with the gazelle punch. After a while i actualy got the timing down, to the the point where i can do it "fairly" consistently. It certanly is a weird move, and can throw a lot of people off guard.

If you don`t know what the gazelle punch is, its quite simple. When doing a jump ledge getup, if you press special, while you have the KO punch at just the right timing, you will clip on to the stage and do a grounded KO punch.

I took myself the time to map out all the active frames the gazelle covers just to give people a perspetive about it.

Gazelle range.jpg

- The KO punch has 3 active frames.
- The red shows all the distance the KO punch will travel while the frames are active. If your opponent is standing on the very edge of the stage the wind boxes will carry them into the KO punch.
- The blue shows how far mac travels.
- The white is to show where there is no hit boxes. The punch barely misses Doctor Mario.

Now i might be of by a few pixels, but it should be pretty accurate. Of course some characters have bigger hurtboxes than others, so do keep that in mind.

In conclution:
The gazelle punch covers a surprising amout of range. Much more than i would have thought.
Hope some of you found this usefull!

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Still doesn't explain why tf I get windboxes every time I use KO Punch, why ain't there a downvote button?!

Sarcasm aside, this is actually pretty helpful. I thought it had about the range of, say, Ganon's FSmash, but not that much ha ha. Might begin labbing with Mac later today with this info to see what I can get out of it.

Top Bottom