• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, although I'd already be satisfied to finally get a newcomer I actually wanted... Oh, btw, has there already been a discussion about what her stats would be? Like weight, speed, strength, etc.? I've seen quite a lot moveset ideas around the internet but nothing regarding that matter.
I don't think so actually. `
I've always thought of her to be similar to Fox in someway with those attributes, but maybe that wouldn't work... Do you have some ideas in mind?

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I kinda see her on the heavy end of the light weight class, bit less than Sheik but more than Fox, somewhere around 81 because of her staff (and her "armor" from Adventures if it is part of her appearance).

This would also mean that her speed would be similar to Falco, maybe a bit faster (which would be favourable, something around ZSS's or Sheik's level) since she's a fox ;) Due to her weight, I can see her jumping a bit lower than Fox.

Regarding strength, I think it would be fair to have her dealing heavy blows with heavy knockback and multiple hit attacks with weak knockback. To set up combos for example.

Oh, and I'd also like to add my idea for a final smash which would be her sending out two or three Krazoa Spirits in a straight line in different height. Whoever gets hit will be trapped in a, well, crystal and then be hit by a flurry of attacks, including the staff abilities like fireball or ice odem. In the end Krystal crushes the crystals (whoa, try saying that fast many times in a row xD) with the staff's earthquake ability to send her opponents flying.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I love your work, Alfore!

Touching on a topic from a bit ago, Commands greatest sin for me was destroying Fox and Krystals's character to insert drama. As someone said earlier, they really weren't themselves in that game.

Well, now that the ballet is over, we get to play the waiting game.
There was a ballet? How'd I miss this?

Yeah, although I'd already be satisfied to finally get a newcomer I actually wanted... Oh, btw, has there already been a discussion about what her stats would be? Like weight, speed, strength, etc.? I've seen quite a lot moveset ideas around the internet but nothing regarding that matter.
Well, I had some pretty detailed ideas about such things at one time. Also gave a lot of thought to her size as well. She's generally the same height as Fox. In Adventures she appeared slightly taller, in Assault she was basically the same size, and in Command she appeared slightly smaller. Average that out and she should be Fox's height. May seem a bit small, but I think it's important that she's properly proportioned relative to the other Star Fox characters. Besides, Fox has a low stance anyways, so Krystal could appear taller just by having a more upright stance.

About her weight, just looking at her she seems skinnier than Fox and no taller. Fox is pretty light though. I personally wouldn't have an issue is she outweighed him. I'd actually prefer it since Fox just seems too light to me. Using a weight around Peach's would make sense enough to me.

Her speed, I figure she should be faster than Falco and slower than Fox. Somewhere between Pit and Palutena speed imo. She's likely to have a number of moves with disjointed hitboxes that come out faster than any of Palutena's moves so her ground speed doesn't need to be super high but a nice "middle fast". Not Sonic fast but not quite average speed fast. Perhaps 12th to 15th fastest or so.

About her strength... she should have some variation and it does depend a lot on her moveset. The staff has some powerful abilities that I imagine coming out slower and doing plenty of damage like her ground quake. I also see her having a number of multihit moves. I think something like Link's strength is decent. Does plenty of damage and average knockback on most moves. I personally developed a gimmick in my Krystal moveset however that implemented a charge state from charging neutral B or finishing out her jab. I can explain this in more detail later if you like. Basically, the charge state would alter the effects and strength of her aerials and smashes. I figured on it being one time use after a charge but I suppose it could be three or something. A good analogy is to think of Lucario charging his Aura Sphere, storing it, and being able to release the power in any aerial or smash with full aura effects even if he was low damage. Just an alternate way to expel a charged move in other words. If Krystal had this power I imagine her having move changes similar to how Robin has smash aerials. Seeing as the staff uses many different elemental powers though, I see each new effect being different. Perhaps she gains a paralyzing effect similar to ZSS on one of her smashes or a burying effect on another. Maybe one gains a ton of shield damage. Basically, this is a gimmick that allows Krystal to be default average in terms of strength but also have a way to deal very powerful or useful moves under special circumstances.

Oh, and stuff like jump height and fall speed and aerial mobility. I think she should fall slower than Fox for sure, though faster than Falco. Pretty average here. Jump height, I like it being pretty high but obviously not Falco high. Maybe in the top 10 of jump height. Where ever Sheik is in jump height might be good. Aerial mobility, a bit more than average perhaps. Something close to Marth's mobility though probably not quite that good. It's pretty tied into her fall speed actually, so I can see her having similar mobility as Marth but faster fall speed to make her seem less of an aerial spacer relative to him perhaps.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Some more detailed than others.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I always imagine that if Krystal was in that her stats would be a mix of Fox's and Falco's.

Speaking of stats i always found it funny that Assault and Smash had almost completely different stats.

Falco was fast in Assault and had terrible health. Even his jump in Assault was average. But in Smash Falco was always kinda average in run speed and because of his fall speed he had decent survivability. He was however great in the air in both games.

Fox in Assault was the Mario of that game but a little better. He was either average or above average in Assault in terms of stats but he's a glass cannon in Smash. He does a lot of damage and dies really easily.

Wolf was insane in Assault. Ran really fast, had the highest amount of health, and was really good in the air. In Brawl he was the heaviest of the three Star Fox characters, his B-air was amazing, but he was kinda slow on the ground. His air speed was incredible.

Krystal had underwhelming stats in Assault, but she was new to all of this and would probably be a lot better by now. Hopefully she isn't really underwhelming in Smash

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm not quite sure about weight, maybe a little less than falco but more than Fox, so like 81. In terms of speed I'd prefer her to be around Palutena's speed (1.888) but realistically I see her being closer to the pit's. Strength depends on the speed, if they go 1.888 then I think she'd be a little weaker than Palutena but overall have more range and slightly faster attacks however if they were to go with pit's then I think she'd better suit someone like Lucina in terms of strength. Height's a tricky one but I think she should be somewhere in between Fox and Falco although with a more upright stance.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
There was a ballet? How'd I miss this?

Well, I had some pretty detailed ideas about such things at one time. Also gave a lot of thought to her size as well. She's generally the same height as Fox. In Adventures she appeared slightly taller, in Assault she was basically the same size, and in Command she appeared slightly smaller. Average that out and she should be Fox's height. May seem a bit small, but I think it's important that she's properly proportioned relative to the other Star Fox characters. Besides, Fox has a low stance anyways, so Krystal could appear taller just by having a more upright stance.

About her weight, just looking at her she seems skinnier than Fox and no taller. Fox is pretty light though. I personally wouldn't have an issue is she outweighed him. I'd actually prefer it since Fox just seems too light to me. Using a weight around Peach's would make sense enough to me.

Her speed, I figure she should be faster than Falco and slower than Fox. Somewhere between Pit and Palutena speed imo. She's likely to have a number of moves with disjointed hitboxes that come out faster than any of Palutena's moves so her ground speed doesn't need to be super high but a nice "middle fast". Not Sonic fast but not quite average speed fast. Perhaps 12th to 15th fastest or so.

About her strength... she should have some variation and it does depend a lot on her moveset. The staff has some powerful abilities that I imagine coming out slower and doing plenty of damage like her ground quake. I also see her having a number of multihit moves. I think something like Link's strength is decent. Does plenty of damage and average knockback on most moves. I personally developed a gimmick in my Krystal moveset however that implemented a charge state from charging neutral B or finishing out her jab. I can explain this in more detail later if you like. Basically, the charge state would alter the effects and strength of her aerials and smashes. I figured on it being one time use after a charge but I suppose it could be three or something. A good analogy is to think of Lucario charging his Aura Sphere, storing it, and being able to release the power in any aerial or smash with full aura effects even if he was low damage. Just an alternate way to expel a charged move in other words. If Krystal had this power I imagine her having move changes similar to how Robin has smash aerials. Seeing as the staff uses many different elemental powers though, I see each new effect being different. Perhaps she gains a paralyzing effect similar to ZSS on one of her smashes or a burying effect on another. Maybe one gains a ton of shield damage. Basically, this is a gimmick that allows Krystal to be default average in terms of strength but also have a way to deal very powerful or useful moves under special circumstances.

Oh, and stuff like jump height and fall speed and aerial mobility. I think she should fall slower than Fox for sure, though faster than Falco. Pretty average here. Jump height, I like it being pretty high but obviously not Falco high. Maybe in the top 10 of jump height. Where ever Sheik is in jump height might be good. Aerial mobility, a bit more than average perhaps. Something close to Marth's mobility though probably not quite that good. It's pretty tied into her fall speed actually, so I can see her having similar mobility as Marth but faster fall speed to make her seem less of an aerial spacer relative to him perhaps.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Some more detailed than others.
Nice. Way more detailed than my ideas. I totally agree with her size, weight and aerial behaviour.

Regarding her speed, I think it should be at least somewhere around Falco's level (maybe slightly lower). It just wouldn't feel right to have a Starfox character as slow as Palutena. I mean, in Brawl even Wolf was faster than Pit.

Your idea with this elemental charge mechanic sounds pretty cool. My take on it would be charging her staff with fire, ice or electrical damage by first charging up Neutral-B (Fireball--> Fire effect), Side-B (Ice Odem--> Ice effect) or Down-B (Quake--> Stun/Electric-effect). How did you imagine it to work?

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Nice. Way more detailed than my ideas. I totally agree with her size, weight and aerial behaviour.

Regarding her speed, I think it should be at least somewhere around Falco's level (Maybe slightly lower) It just wouldn't feel right to have a Starfox character as slow as Palutena. I mean, in Brawl even Wolf was faster than Pit.

Your idea with this elemental charge mechanic sounds pretty cool. My take on it would be charging her staff with fire, ice or electrical damage by first charging up Neutral-B (Fireball--> Fire effect), Side-B (Ice Odem--> Ice effect) or Down-B (Quake--> Stun/Electric-effect). How did you imagine it to work?
I actually did a bit more research so I'll be more specific with some of these stats. Was just going to edit this in, but you responded.

So, after actually reviewing character weight classes I see that Peach actually outweighs Falco. Seems a bit silly, but I guess Falco is a bird. Perhaps Sheik/Zelda weight is a good average, though they're a bit heavier than Falco. Yeah, your 81 suggestion seems okay. Same as ZSS, very slightly lighter than Falco.

Also reviewing running speed, Palutena is 11th fastest and Pit is 23rd/24th fastest tied with Dark Pit obviously. So yeah, Palutena is pretty fast in terms of running speed at least. Faster than I'd make Krystal in fact. A good average is in between Palutena and Pit imo. So basically, I'd like her to share or be right around Marth/Lucina's speed after reviewing running speeds of all the characters. Since she'll be slightly smaller than them with reach similar to theirs I could see her being a little slower than them. Toon Link is very slightly slower so perhaps his speed is one Krystal could share. 18th fastest. Falco is 41st fastest and Fox is 4th by comparison.

Last, reviewing jump height stats I think having a nice high jump height with Sheik is pretty nice. Sheik is 5th/6th with Wii Fit. Though, I'd be okay with it being as low as Shulk's since his is still good but not huge and Krystal would be a relatively small character anyways. Shulk has the 10th best jump height. Fox is 13 btw and Falco is 1.

Related to the above is aerial mobility and I reviewed these stats too. I'm thinking Krystal would fit really well into the "22nd class" with Little Mac, Lucario, Lucina, Marth, Pac-Man, Robin, and Zelda in terms of horizontal aerial mobility. Pretty average really. And for Fall speed... well, all the spacies fall pretty fast. Fox is number 1 and Falco is 3, though Falco may not seem to fall as fast since he has such a high jump, but his short hops are fast. I still hadn't realized Falco falls so fast though. Given that Krystal would have more reach and disjoint anyways, I think she shouldn't be in the same class as Fox or Falco for fall speed. I think the 9th or 12th place class in fast falling might be good for her. This would pair her with either Mac, Mega Man, and ZSS at 9th or with Ganon, MK, or the small Miis for 12th.

Oh, and about my charge state idea, here's a full on standard moveset description incorporating my gimmick...

I liked my storable staff power gimmick, but of course I would since I came up with it.

Basically, her neutral B can be rapid fired or stored. If it's stored, the staff blinks or glows like when Samus stores a charged shot. Now, Krystal can either press B again to unleash a powerful charged projectile, or she can save the stored charge and her next smash, including Robin-esque aerial smashes, could gain a special effect. So with a charged staff Krystal can give these following moves a special effect... fsmash, dsmash, usmash, fair, bair, dair, uair. For convenience, I'll call the charged staff a "primed staff".

I'll describe my standard attack ideas since we're doing that now I guess. It will also help people visualize how the gimmick works.

Jab - Taken from Adventures, it's a modification on Fox's staff combo when you hold the control stick down. The Adventure's combo is a staff attack swinging from top right to bottom left, then an upswing going back from bottom left to back and to the right, then Fox spins the staff in front of him moving it from right to left and back, then he makes a sharp horizontal swing from left to right and if you hold the attack button her charges up his staff. The plan with Krystal is to have the final hit of her jab be the horizontal swing but let it happen before the charge. She'll be able to charge the staff much like Fox does in Adventures and it'll be a quicker alternative to her neutral B charge. This will put her staff into a "primed" mode ready to be used by pressing neutral B for powerful projectile or to be used with a smash. Since this one is complicated, I'll link a video example... https://youtu.be/bqmpRI9XeMM?t=25m44s

One minute prior to that fight scene in the video you can hear Krystal's description of the staff and the fact that it has the power to teach Fox it's abilities. This further emphasizes that what Fox does with the staff are likely things Krystal could too.

Now for the rest of the moves....

Dash Attack - A running roundoff into a slide. It resembles her dodge in Assault and I imagine it resembling her forward roll in Smash. Could be a bit confusing to the opponent looking the same as the roll, but instead having a hitbox on her legs as she flips and on her body when she lands. It's a slower dash with longer range moving her forward. Think Zamus's dash attack and how it shoots forward and the brunt of the hit is at the end.

Ftilt - Krystal pulls the staff from the holster on her back quickly and swings the staff forward in a vertical arch while leaning forward on one foot. This is a quick ftilt with great range and low knockback. A great poking tool, even if it's a swing, heh.

Utilt - Krystal claw swipes above her head quickly and and follows up with a flexible kick swinging up similar to Sheik's utilt as I recall. Lowish knockback and can combo at low percents. The time between the two strikes is very minimal.

Dtilt - a crouched spin that hits with her tail and her staff in front of her. Like Fox and Falco's dtilt except she gets a second stronger hit with the staff immediately after her tail hit. Isn't as useful as a combo attack being more powerful but it gives her some space similar to Ganon's dtilt thanks to her staff.

Fsmash - Krystal uses a double strike smash similar to Link's. She first stabs her staff into the ground diagonally in front of her. She can then pause before inputting the second part of the smash, which is a vaulted flying kick. She uses her staff as a pole vault to launch herself into her kick. The second attack is the powerfule attack while the first strike is a weak attack that pops the enemy up into the kicks sweet spot. If you miss with the first strike, the second strike can be ducked under by some characters. She moves forward similar to Fox with this move.

Fsmash Prime - Same as her usual Fsmash but the first strike cause paralysis similar to Zamus's gun. This allows her to cancel the second hit and run in for a grab or other follow up.

Usmash - Krystal slams her staff down on it's end and stabs it upwards. The effect is similar to Shulk's usmash, with the slam down catching opponents and the stab up launching them.

Usmash Prime - The stab up has an added ice effect that can freeze opponent in a block of ice at mid to high damages. The more damage the longer they stay frozen. This allows you to follow up hit them in midair after they get frozen.

Dsmash - Krystal raises her staff up and slams it down hard creating a quake. It's launch power isn't huge but it attacks on either side of Krystal simultaneously for good damage. It's a slow attack even uncharged though with more cool down than the other smashes.

Dsmash Prime - Same as her regular dsmash except opponents inside her hurtbox during the move get buried. The cool down is a bit less too, allowing her to follow up. The range of the move is slightly increased on both side of her and the sourspot hits do the same thing as the regular Dsmash.

Nair - Krystal jumps and tucks her legs up tight and pulls her staff in front of her torso horizontally and spins. Similar effect as Zelda's nair. Krystal's tail and folded knees are low sour spot hitboxes that pull the opponent in and up into her more damaging a ranged staff hitbox.

Fair - Krystal jumps and spins forward in a tightly tucked somersault with the staff in it's holster on her back, but extended. This move imparts momentum in the direction it's used. It's her slowest aerial too with significant landing lag. Her spin ends with her pulling the staff from her back and breaking her spin by punching the staff in front of her and opening her body. Her tail, front of her body, and head are sour spot hitboxes that drag into the staff hitbox during the spin. Her spin is similarly as fast as Wolf's nair. If the opponent was trapped in the staff's hitbox, when the spin ends they'll be launched diagonally up at the end of the move. If she spaces it right and hits opponents with the strong end hitbox without trapping them in the spin, she can semi-spike opponents that get under her.

Fair Prime - Same as regular fair except the staff does electrical damage and has a strong semi-spike on it's final hit.

Bair - Krystal swings her left leg back in a move much like the rest of her Star Fox comrades, but follows immediately with a sharp staff swing behind her. Even though it's a two hit move it's pretty fast. The kick is a sex kick that lingers and can knock into the staff hit. The way it looks is Krystal kicks her left leg back and at the same time reaches over her right shoulder to grab the holstered staff and swings the staff as she turns her head and body left in the direction her leg just kicked.

Bair Prime - Same as regular bair but the staff shoots a couple blaster shots quickly similar to Villagers bair. This gives it range. Hitting with the staff allows the opponent to be combo'd into the blaster shots and get pushed out further. It's a tad slower as a result though.

Uair - Krystal spins her staff above her head very similar to a Pit move. Not much else to say here. Obviously I could think of something more unique, but this gives her a juggling tool that's protects her hurtbox from above fairly well. It's a quick move.

Uair Prime - Same as uair but this one has a windbox that extends above and beside Krystal, pushing opponents away. A great gimp tool against bad recoveries or to keep opponents above you like with Game and Watch's uair. Maybe it could even gain Mega Man uair effects in prime mode.

Dair - Krystal stabs her staff down and a blast of rocket boost fires off. Has stalling effects like ROB's dair. Strong spike.

Dair Prime - Same as regular Dair but the hitbox lingers and actually pushes Krystal up a good amount. The staff can be primed with this move in mind and dair can be used in concert with her up B giving her an awesome recovery boost!

Anyways, those are all the basics. I'm not gonna get into grabs, throws, getup attacks and the like and I already spoke briefly about specials. Some of these I'm really keen on and other I'm not totally sold on my own idea yet. I do like most of them though.
Like I said at the end of this quote, some of these ideas are pretty solid in my head while others have flexibility. Basically, I could see myself changing some things, but this gets the basic idea of the gimmick across nicely.

Sorry about giving you so much to read, heh.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
All I can say is I would like Krystal stats to be in between Fox and Falco's, but slighly more towards Fox side.

I imagine her being a speedy fighter.

AceArcana AceArcana Also welcome to the group! I remeber watching some of your drawings months ago.

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Also reviewing running speed, Palutena is 11th fastest and Pit is 23rd/24th fastest tied with Dark Pit obviously. A good average is for her to share or be right around Marth/Lucina's speed. Since she'll be slightly smaller than them with reach similar to theirs I could see her being a little slower than them. Toon Link is very slightly slower so perhaps his speed is one Krystal could share. 18th fastest.
Yeah, just noticed I was looking at walking speed rankings... However, I think Marth/Lucina would still be to slow. It isn't much but I'd rather put here on 13 or 14th.

Basically, her neutral B can be rapid fired or stored. If it's stored, the staff blinks or glows like when Samus stores a charged shot. Now, Krystal can either press B again to unleash a powerful charged projectile, or she can save the stored charge and her next smash, including Robin-esque aerial smashes, could gain a special effect. So with a charged staff Krystal can give these following moves a special effect... fsmash, dsmash, usmash, fair, bair, dair, uair. For convenience, I'll call the charged staff a "primed staff".
So basically, the charge would have different effects depending on the move. That's also interesting. But imagine having different effects on the same move depending on which special you charged. Would make for an awesome mix up but maybe too complicated to pick up easily. I'd be fine with it though.

Sorry about giving you so much to read, heh.
Don't worry. I asked for it, didn't I? xD

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
All I can say is I would like Krystal stats to be in between Fox and Falco's, but slighly more towards Fox side.

I imagine her being a speedy fighter.
The same for me more or less. Here's the TL;DR version of what I wrote about Krystal's stats relative to the other spacies...

Weight
Falco - 82
Krystal - 81
Fox - 79

Running Speed
Fox - 4th
Krystal - 18th
Falco - 41st

Jump Height
Falco - 1st
Krystal - 7-10ish
Fox - 13th

Horizontal Aerial Mobility
Krystal - 22nd class
Fox - 26th class
Falco - 44th class

Fall Speed
Fox - 1st
Falco - 3rd class
Krystal - 9th or 12th class

Characters most like Krystal in stats?
Little Mac's Weight, Fall Speed, and Horizontal Aerial Mobility.
ZSS's Weight and Fall Speed.
Lucario's Jump Height and Horizontal Aerial Mobility
Marth/Lucina's Running Speed and Horizontal Aerial Mobility
Slightly Slower Running Speed and Jump Height than Diddy Kong.

This is all just my interpretation of the character of course, but she seems pretty balanced. There really isn't quite a character that could give me a feel for this interpretation though. Little Mac is closest, but jump height and speed has a lot to do with how aerial mobility and fall speed feel. You could at least get a feel for how DI with Krystal would be from Little Mac and how much horizontal movement you could get during a fall as well as figure her death percent from certain moves. Just remember she'd have a much better recovery and jump height, heh.

Yeah, just noticed I was looking at walking speed rankings... However, I think Marth/Lucina would still be to slow. It isn't much but I'd rather put here on 13 or 14th.

So basically, the charge would have different effects depending on the move. That's also interesting. But imagine having different effects on the same move depending on which special you charged. Would make for an awesome mix up but maybe too complicated to pick up easily. I'd be fine with it though.

Don't worry. I asked for it, didn't I? xD
Yeah, that would had a whole new layer of move variation. I suppose it would be dependent on whether her specials would all charge like that though unless it would be a stored ability from just performing a move. A sort of, if "A" was your last special than your next smash/aerial will have "A" effect. Would be pretty sweet. My gimmick gives each aerial/smash it's own unique special effect but your idea makes it so that every smash/aerial has 3 or 4 different effects it could have. Wouldn't be quite the variety of effects but each move wouldn't be limited to just one either. Frankly, I'd take either or in a heartbeat for a Krystal moveset. I hope we can be so lucky as to at least have something similar if Krystal makes it on the roster.

So you'd rather her have Diddy Kong speed. I'm cool with that. I was just looking for balance. And Diddy Kong speed is only a bit faster than Marth/Lucina anyways.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I just hope she isn't lighter than Fox. Odds are she won't fall as fast as he does so if she's light she'll get launched to easily. Why is Fox like the 5th/6th lightest character in the game?!

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Frankly, I'd take either or in a heartbeat for a Krystal moveset. I hope we can be so lucky as to at least have something similar if Krystal makes it on the roster.
I hope we can be so lucky to get her at all...

I just hope she isn't lighter than Fox. Odds are she won't fall as fast as he does so if she's light she'll get launched to easily. Why is Fox like the 5th/6th lightest character in the game?!
I asked this myself a lot already. I started playing Sm4sh with Fox and it really bothered me to get kicked off the stage so easily. Especially now with the recent jab nerf. I mean, yeah he's fast but speed alone doesn't make up for it, imo.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

I asked this myself a lot already. I started playing Sm4sh with Fox and it really bothered me to get kicked off the stage so easily. Especially now with the recent jab nerf. I mean, yeah he's fast but speed alone doesn't make up for it, imo.
Exactly. I'd take her as a semi-clone even, since it would at least mean she got her foot in the door. I can hope that she realizes potential much better than that however. I think we all want Krystal period, but also want Krystal to be represented fairly and uniquely. Just saying that both of our ideas, would just be all that much more awesome if they did something so special for her.

Man, if Krystal becomes a fighter and I guessed really close with her actual stats, that'll be a hilarious.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
O

One would think that having metal legs would At least put a little weight on you but apparently he's as light as a yellow mouse and a tiny space man

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
O

One would think that having metal legs would At least put a little weight on you but apparently he's as light as a yellow mouse and a tiny space man
That's what I never got about the spacies. They wear metal prosthetics and they're the second coming of Sonic the hedgehog. I know this for sure.... Krystal is FAST. Fox McCloud fast if the Assault stats are anything to go by, but they're both still outperformed by Wolf (on paper). In Brawl, you'd think it was a different story.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well...wasn't the whole theory about the prosthetic legs shot down some time around 64? I know at some point they said "they're just high tech boots, guys". Maybe it was their original plan with the first game, but it seems they've decided against it since.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I thought the Smash version of the Star Fox characters kept the prosthetic legs.

And the characters in Assault ,besides Slippy and Peppy, were really fast. I remember them having small dust clouds behind them when they ran.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Well...wasn't the whole theory about the prosthetic legs shot down some time around 64? I know at some point they said "they're just high tech boots, guys". Maybe it was their original plan with the first game, but it seems they've decided against it since.
Originally they indeed had metal prosthetic legs (Starfox, Starfox 64). This was changed in Adventures and kept in Assault.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
d
With great speed comes great weakness.
upload_2015-10-6_17-25-16.jpeg

Fox isen't meant to be a resistent fighter he was meant to be so fast so that other fighters have problems landing hits.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The only character that has obviously visible prosthetic limbs is Oikonny.

Even then, I thought it was because he had an Andross complex/wanted to be a floating head/hands anyway.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the prosthetic leg thing is a fan theory as it's been deconfirmed a number of times, and even proven to be useless anyway, and wasnt it the US that made this up? Nintendo Power if I remember had a knack of doing this during the 90s.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Exactly. I'd take her as a semi-clone even, since it would at least mean she got her foot in the door. I can hope that she realizes potential much better than that however. I think we all want Krystal period, but also want Krystal to be represented fairly and uniquely. Just saying that both of our ideas, would just be all that much more awesome if they did something so special for her.

Man, if Krystal becomes a fighter and I guessed really close with her actual stats, that'll be a hilarious.
Yeah, something special to her would be nice. Something like that may even silence all the unjustified hate just because it's such an interesting mechanic.

I'm pretty sure the prosthetic leg thing is a fan theory as it's been deconfirmed a number of times, and even proven to be useless anyway, and wasnt it the US that made this up? Nintendo Power if I remember had a knack of doing this during the 90s.
Well, if you look at the Starfox cover art this just doesn't look like normal legs, if you ask me. Look at the ankles...

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I see that your gimmick has her having different effects based on what elemental special is charged/stored? Wow, she can be even more unique than i thought, though i still say a magic bar gimmick and a unique looking shield should accompany that great idea.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Just thought I should post this since it's being talked about:

The SFZ art... looks more like armored boots to me.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If it's not the people who don't know anything that are trolling us, it's the people who do. How exciting.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I see that your gimmick has her having different effects based on what elemental special is charged/stored? Wow, she can be even more unique than i thought, though i still say a magic bar gimmick and a unique looking shield should accompany that great idea.
Well, to be fair, that's Ace's take on my gimmick and my interpretation of how it would function. My original gimmick was just that her neutral special could be stored and unleashed in either a neutral special projectile or in conjunction with an aerial or smash that would be given a special attribute as a result. My original idea is quoted in this post of mine... #12648

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
If it's not the people who don't know anything that are trolling us, it's the people who do. How exciting.
This guy appears to have worked for Nintendo as a voice actor and a product demonstrator. Wouldn't it be normal for him to have some ex-colleagues (who ACTUALLY KNOW something) he's still in contact with? Additionally, he didn't pull something like that before, so the whole thing doesn't smell as fishy as other leaks, imo.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This guy appears to have worked for Nintendo as a voice actor and a product demonstrator. Wouldn't it be normal for him to have some ex-colleagues (who ACTUALLY KNOW something) he's still in contact with? Additionally, he didn't pull something like that before, so the whole thing doesn't smell as fishy as other leaks, imo.
I'm not doubting Roger's credibility, it's just annoying that we have another tease master dangling meat in front of the starved lions. The tweets are too vague to be worth anything. They're useless. The only thing we could get out of them is that there's an announcement coming this month, which is what most people were hoping for anyway.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I'm not doubting Roger's credibility, it's just annoying that we have another tease master dangling meat in front of the starved lions. The tweets are too vague to be worth anything. They're useless. The only thing we could get out of them is that there's an announcement coming this month, which is what most people were hoping for anyway.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I gotta admit this piece of meat looks especially juicy to me since I really wanted to have Wolf and Krystal in Sm4sh from the beginning and now after almost a year since release it finally looks like we'll get something Starfox related. I mean, why would he answer with quotes from secondary characters that are not as popular if not teasing certain main characters?

Of course, we already expected an announcement but now we finally got some hints which actually (somewhat) confirm this and also hint at what it is about.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Pretty much exactly my feelings on it too. In fact, I almost used nearly the exact same analogy in the Social thread. Had it written in and everything. But instead I decided to go with a simpler explanation since I was trying to make a point to a guy that literally begged Roger for info. Weird. I was going to use starving dogs though, heh.

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Pretty much exactly my feelings on it too. In fact, I almost used nearly the exact same analogy in the Social thread. Had it written in and everything. But instead I decided to go with a simpler explanation since I was trying to make a point to a guy that literally begged Roger for info. Weird. I was going to use starving dogs though, heh.
Let's look at the bright side. We now have a new subject to focus on after the ballot ended. Episode (October) VI: A New Hope ;)

Top Bottom