• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ack, sorry Falkoopa. I've been busy with Fire Emblem Awakening and Anna's awesomeness for the past few days that I totally neglected to come to smashboards much at all lately. Okay here is the next few codec's.

This time covering Kirby for Luke, Olimar for Flora and Lucario for Emmy.
[collapse=Layton and Luke about Kirby]
Oh I remember this thing, that pink thing over there copied my top-hat once.
That's Kirby over there Professor, he's from a place called Dreamland and his signature move that he's famous for is the ability to copy his opponents signature attacks by inhaling them.
Since when was forgery something to be proud about?

Eitherway, your hat isn't the only thing he will gain out of doing this. He will also get his hands on your Slot-Machine Gun and use it against you, so be careful Professor!
I see, so this Kirby is a lot more of a trickster than I originally thought, anything else I need to know my boy?

Yeah besides that Kirby also has many other things in his disposal such as his hammer, the final cutter and the ability to turn into a really heavy object.
I guess I'd better be prepared for anything this little guy has to throw at me then. I must say for such a little thing, he sure has a large amount of tricks up his sleeve.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora about Olimar]
Professor, have I ever told you that I found a cute little pikmin in our garden once.

I don't believe so, do these things really exist?

Well it could have been a Pikmin or a really funny looking ant. Anyway, Olimar, like you has been into some really dangerous adventures in the past. And he would have never survived those if it weren't for those adorable little Pikmin friends by his side.
They do look like quite the brave little soldiers of his.

They risk their own lives for him. Battling, collecting various things as well as getting eaten for him. It's quite sad when you think about it. Especially when you think of them as these really tiny little creatures that live in your garden. It makes you think about what many bugs have to go through in their daily lives that we probably can't even imagine.
Yes, bugs are indeed quite the brave little creatures who go through many dangerous obstacles that we don't have to worry about in our daily lives. Olimar knows about the dangers in the Pikmin home world and so he does his best to try and protect as many of them as he can. It must feel quite heartbreaking when he sees these little creatures sacrifice themselves for the sake of him. They are certainly some really noble lifeforms I must say.

I bet you can relate with him right Professor?
To tell you the truth my dear. I can relate better with his Pikmin. I've got you, Luke and everyone else to protect "from" harm in every dangerous adventure we go in and not
"throwing" you into it like Olimar does, after all. [/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Emmy about Lucario]
Oooh, look at Lucario over there Professor, those flames in his hands spell trouble.

I've heard that Lucario is a fighting and steel type Pokemon, so I'm going to assume you know quite a bit about this Pokemon, Emmy?

And if I do. Those Flames are known as his "Aura" which I suppose you can say is his life force, and he can use this "Aura" to convert into more power. The more you damage him, the stronger his Aura gets. Making him more powerful in the process.
I suppose that I should be more careful the longer I battle Lucario. Or else this will spell trouble for me. Isn't it, Emmy?

It is indeed. Better make a point of taking him down while he's still pretty weak or avoid his attacks as best as you can when he's at his strongest. Remember Professor, if there is anything I've learned when it comes to fighting. The best defense is not getting hit at all.
You don't need to tell me twice, Emmy.

Of course, who am I to tell the Professor Hershel Layton how to fight? Good luck, Professor!
[/collapse]

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
That just reminded me! If layton gets into SSB4 kirby will get a top hat!
More reason to support Layton.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lol I remember seeing that drawing in the Official Nintendo Magazine once. :p

That just reminded me! If layton gets into SSB4 kirby will get a top hat!
More reason to support Layton.
Kirby in a top-hat, who wouldn't love that? I bet even Sakurai would love to see his creation kick butt in smash with a top-hat on. Come on Sakurai, there is your top-reason to make Professor Layton playable in smash! :awesome::troll:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I guess I'll do one with Ike. (will add pics later)
[Spoiler/]
Emmy-Watch out, Professor, you were almost hit by Ike's blessed sword, Ragnell.
Layton-A sworduser eh, can you tell me some more about this, Ike.
Emmy-Sure, Ike looks like your regular hardened mercenary, but he has a little bit of a gentlemanlly side himself.
Layton-How so?
Emmy-Well, he fights for the people important to him his friends, plus he has an humble personality.
Layton-Lets get back to fighting Emm---
Ike-Unleah AETHER!!!
Emmy-Professor, are you ok you were just hit by his signature move Aether.
Layton-Yes, now I shall continue fighting.
[Spoiler/]​

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wow... I love how many people are getting on the band-wagon to support Layton!

*I updated my Avatar! Man, I love Totoro....*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nice, FireEbmlemnier. I'll add it to the OP in just a minute. Okay this time I'm covering Zelda for Luke, Peach for Flora and Samus for Emmy. Hope you enjoy.

[collapse=Layton and Luke about Zelda]
My word, that truly is a beautiful lady over there. Am I wearing my top-hat straight up my boy?
That is Zelda you are dealing with, Professor. I don't think you need to worry about how formal you look since your clothes likely will get messed up in the middle of battle anyway.
Ah, yes. This is a battle after all. I'm not sure how I feel about hurting women in combat though.
Well you might want to put your gentlemanly code of conduct aside Professor. Zelda is a reincarnation of an ancient Goddess, perhaps that's why she looks so divine.
I see. So if she is a reincarnation. Does she possess any miraculous powers then?
Well she has three sacred powers called "Din's Fire", "Nayru's Love" and "Farore's Wind" if those count. Not to mention a few other magical spells she can pull off.
Din's Fire, Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind you say? Quite the Peculiar names.
I've heard their named after the three Godesses who created the land of Hyrule. Din's Fire allows Zelda to shoot an explosive Fireball a fair distance away. Nayru's Love provides her with a small protective barrier that doesn't only protect her, but also reflect projectiles back at her opponents. And then there is Farore's Wind, which lets her teleport a good distance into any direction.
I see.
And... There is one more thing she can do, Professor...
And that is?
I'll let you solve that puzzle, Professor.
Hmm...
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora about Peach]
I say, isnt that Princess Peach I see over there? She is the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom who Mario comes to the rescue for isn't she?

She is indeed Professor. Boy is it just me, or does she always join the smash in a much more elegant dress than she usually does?
I suppose you're right my dear, odd. I would think that if one were to go out into a battlefield, they wouldn't go and wear their best clothes for it do they?
Perhaps this shows that Peach doesn't care about getting herself dirty and therefore wears her best clothes in order to show her opponents that she isn't some girly girl who is afraid of her nails breaking and all. Don't you think Professor? After all, Peach does tend to get a lot of flack for being treated as a soft girl all the time.
I suppose you may be on to something my dear.
Hmm... Perhaps I should also change my clothing into something more elegant too. And then come into your adventures and not care at all if my best dress gets dirty during our cases. What do you think Professor?
Uh... maybe that's not such a good idea Flora. Perhaps Peach just has a lot of spare money and can therefore afford getting her dresses all messed up. But I wouldn't want you to do the same my dear. It's not in for a lady to burn her beautiful dresses away as if its wood. You look just fine the way you do.

I guess your right with that. Professor, but this does bring up the puzzle...
Go ahead my dear?
If she has so much spare money that she can spend on expensive dresses that she is only going to destroy later on. Why does she not use that money to get a better security system in her castle? So she wouldn't have to worry about getting kidnapped by Bowser?
Ahaha, I suppose you brought up quite the interesting puzzle my dear. But I don't think that's a puzzle for either of us to solve. We may better not ask that question to her though. Because it's rude.
That's true Professor. But isn't talking about people right in front of them rude as well?
True, perhaps we should discuss this later in a more suitable environment then.
Alright, see you later then Professor.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Emmy about Samus]
My word, that woman sure is one tough lady.

W-Whoa! How did you know she's a woman, Professor?
... Emmy, it has been more than 25 years now. I think it has pretty much become common sense that Samus is a woman.
Oh... r-right. Of course, how silly of me. Anyway, Samus is an intergalactic Bounty Hunter who often deals with many dangers in outer space. Her common arch-enemy is Ridley who she often has to deal with in many of her adventures.
Sounds like quite the unusual lady.
Well Samus has been brought up with the Chozo. Her lifestyle is quite drastically different from any other common lady. Be especially sure you stay clear from her arm canon, it has quite the tricks up its sleeve.
Such as the massive charge shot I saw her charge up and shoot around?
As well as missiles, yes. But speaking of her Charged Shot. Be sure you don't come in contact with it once your health is down Professor. You're not going to like it.
I can imagine that. It does look quite deadly. Thank you for the advice Emmy.
Anytime Professor.
[/collapse]

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, less than 24 hours left before the first trailer. I highly doubt Layton is going to show up but still... As Flora said in Unwound/Lost Future: "Cross your fingers..."

Also (this also goes for the Kururin and Mallo threads) Once we know the full title. I will be updating the OP with the new title included. I'll also update the support sigs that I've made. Can't wait.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been posted here or how many of you actually know about this, but I'll post anyway for speculation.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/07/02/professor-layton-joins-smash-bros

This article mentions a few other characters considered for Smash, one of them being Mega Man who has been confirmed. Looking back at this thing gives me a bit of hope for the professor and Geno showing up especially seeing how Villager also showed up via invitation in the trailer.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm not sure if this has been posted here or how many of you actually know about this, but I'll post anyway for speculation.

This article mentions a few other characters considered for Smash, one of them being Mega Man who has been confirmed. Looking back at this thing gives me a bit of hope for the professor and Geno showing up especially seeing how Villager also showed up via invitation in the trailer.
I'm all for seeing Layton but if I see him with Geno, then I'll probably be in fear of Sonic and Snake being cut. Anyways hope he has the best of luck being revealed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I recall this being a prank that was set up quite some time ago. Besides that news is old and came out way before smash 4 even started development so I wouldn't hold much faith in it.

I can't help but feel that we probably won't be getting any new third parties besides Megaman and (I guess) a Namco character. Which is a little disappointing. And if we do. It probably won't be Layton. After yesterday I'm starting to feel that his chances are only a pipe dream now. I would love to be proven wrong though. :/

Groose

Smash Champion
Layton is one of those characters who fits so well in with Nintendo that it's suprising he is third-party. I have mixed feelings about the Professor joining the fight... I love him, but I'm afraid there are more iconic third-party characters out there.

Nintendo, go and purchase Level-Five already.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Layton is one of those characters who fits so well in with Nintendo that it's suprising he is third-party. I have mixed feelings about the Professor joining the fight... I love him, but I'm afraid there are more iconic third-party characters out there.

Nintendo, go and purchase Level-Five, Platinum, and SEGA already.
Fixed. :rolleyes:

Groose

Smash Champion
Nintendo purchasing SEGA would be the most ironic thing in the world. SEGA does what Nintendon't and all that... lol.

But, I digress.

Sakurai is probably struggling to fit as many characters in as possible... quite like a puzzle, I'd say. And where there is a puzzle...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well if for any reason Sakurai ever wanted a third party who is famous on the handheld Systems. Layton is the gentleman.

Oh well, I'm not really seeing Layton as likely anymore anyway. It would certainly be a pleasant surprise if he did make it in though.

For now, I'm just hoping that Toon Link and/or Mewtwo will be back.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm.... On second thoughts. I think I will try and give Layton a second chance. Sure he may not have the popularity and requests that Megaman and Sonic have and seeing how very limiting Sakurai is in terms of third party characters. He is probably not going to be in this game. But I will try and increase interest and support for now anyway. For smash 5.

Hopefully that will get him somewhere at least...

Also, after seeing Megaman's moveset. What do you guys think of me revising Laytons moveset by giving him more puzzle based moves? The moveset I currently gave him is based largely on the cutscenes where he either used a sword or a self made machine. And I think Sakurai would more likely base his moves on the various puzzles he solves.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hmm.... On second thoughts. I think I will try and give Layton a second chance. Sure he may not have the popularity and requests that Megaman and Sonic have and seeing how very limiting Sakurai is in terms of third party characters. He is probably not going to be in this game. But I will try and increase interest and support for now anyway. For smash 5.

Hopefully that will get him somewhere at least...

Also, after seeing Megaman's moveset. What do you guys think of me revising Laytons moveset by giving him more puzzle based moves? The moveset I currently gave him is based largely on the cutscenes where he either used a sword or a self made machine. And I think Sakurai would more likely base his moves on the various puzzles he solves.

his side special could be one of those moving blocks

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, it looks a little dim for our favorite puzzle-solving Professor, but remember comrades, as long as it's not released, there is still hope!

Professor Hershel Layton for SSB4!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, it looks a little dim for our favorite puzzle-solving Professor, but remember comrades, as long as it's not released, there is still hope!

Professor Hershel Layton for SSB4!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Something tells me that if Layton were to get demand now, he would have a better chance in the next Smash Bros game and not this one...

I think the reason why this thread kinda died out was because of Sakurai's "Third Parties need to be special" reason. Or something along those lines which is quite concerning for Layton. I mean yeah, he's great and he definitely deserves to be in Smash, not to mention that his main games have always been pretty faithful on Nintendo consoles where a good number of people even mistake him of being a Nintendo character. But is he special? I guess we won't know for sure what Sakurai thinks of him... :/

I still would say we should raise support for Layton anyway, even if his chance for this game is low. but that's just me...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Something tells me that if Layton were to get demand now, he would have a better chance in the next Smash Bros game and not this one...

I think the reason why this thread kinda died out was because of Sakurai's "Third Parties need to be special" reason. Or something along those lines which is quite concerning for Layton. I mean yeah, he's great and he definitely deserves to be in Smash, not to mention that his main games have always been pretty faithful on Nintendo consoles where a good number of people even mistake him of being a Nintendo character. But is he special? I guess we won't know for sure what Sakurai thinks of him... :/

I still would say we should raise support for Layton anyway, even if his chance for this game is low. but that's just me...

Eh, I agree. The Professor will probably be ruled out this time around, but just as you said, let's promote him!

Ok, question... How would you rank the 5 Professor Layton games? Where will AL stand?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think 3rd party characters need to have the benefit of nostalgia moreso than 1st or 2nd party characters. Sonic, Snake and Mega Man all have HUGE fan bases and people who think fondly of them. Even appearing in general pop culture.

I don't think Layton has that historical or cultural appeal to warrant a spot on the roster. That's the one thing that really skewers his chances. It doesn't help things that he seems to be a pacifist. Of course Villager is a pacifist too but he can go down the mischievous antics route....Layton can't go down that route because he's a fairly serious character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh, I agree. The Professor will probably be ruled out this time around, but just as you said, let's promote him!

Ok, question... How would you rank the 5 Professor Layton games? Where will AL stand?

Yes we should indeed, If we can manage to get him as popular as we can now even if he doesn't make it in, it could possibly have had a large enough effect to get him into Smash 5. After all, the same went for Megaman who was heavily requested during the Brawl days but then was included in Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U and Sakurai said that he was put in because he was the second most requested third party behind Sonic during the Brawl days. We should just raise support for now.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the Original Trilogy I must admit so my current top 5 would be.

1. Unwound / Lost Future
2. Curious Village
3. Miracle Mask
4. Elysian Box
5. Last Specters Call

I'm not sure where I would put Azran Legacies though as I haven't played it yet so I will have to wait and see for that.

I think 3rd party characters need to have the benefit of nostalgia moreso than 1st or 2nd party characters. Sonic, Snake and Mega Man all have HUGE fan bases and people who think fondly of them. Even appearing in general pop culture.
I doubt it, Sakurai's only requirements in terms of third party characters are that they need to have appeared on Nintendo consoles and that they have originated in a videogame. It doesn't matter when they originated. Just that they have and that they appeared on Nintendo consoles. And so far the main Layton games have been very close on the Nintendo consoles having only the spin offs appear on the IOS. Heck it had been so close to Nintendo that for a time many people confused the series for a Nintendo IP.

Snake was also not included due to his history or nostalgia with Nintendo (heck he had more history and nostalgia with Sony than Nintendo) or due to any demand really, he was included as a friendly request from Kojima and of course the Layton series is still only a 6 year old franchise so its obvious that its fanbase isn't as big as Sonic or Megaman which have been running for more than 20 years thus they had more time to grow a huge fanbase, but the fact the series did become very popular very quickly is still quite a nice achievement especially for such a young franchise.

Sonic and Megaman were included due to huge fan demand, yes the whole Sonic vs Mario thing and Megaman's NES popularity was most likely the reason why most fans supported them. But that doesn't mean that only third party characters from the eighties and nineties can make it into the game. Like I said, Snake wasn't put in due to fan nostalgia or anything.

It doesn't help things that he seems to be a pacifist. Of course Villager is a pacifist too but he can go down the mischievous antics route....Layton can't go down that route because he's a fairly serious character.
Oh please not this pacifist argument again, Its not just Villager but even Wii Fit Trainer should have pretty much thrown that argument out of the window, she doesn't fight, she's a fitness/yoga trainer. If people who didn't fight at all can make it in. What's stopping Layton from making it in? Especially since he did actually fight a lot before? Plus we have the likes of Olimar who are pretty much on the same boat as Layton. Olimar only fights in order to defend himself and others so they wouldn't get killed in the distant planet. Just like how Layton only fights in order to defend himself and others so they wouldn't get killed either in the Layton games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention that Layton series creator Akihiro Hino has shown interest in continuing the Professor Layton series after all.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/07/15/level-5-ceo-keen-to-continue-professor-layton-series/
http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/15/professor-layton-may-return-in-a-new-game/

Hino said Azran Legacy turned out well, and that he’s not ready to see the series end.
If Level-5 does make a new game, he added, it will include new kinds of challenge.
With Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy being localised for a western release, Hino explained to attendees at the Japan Expo on July 5th that he was pleased with the sixth game and no longer wanted to stop there.

Last year, he’d expressed his interest in seeing Professor Layton on Wii U.
Either sales have improved or Hino might feel that he still has got some unfinished business with the Layton series. Understandable if you consider the ending of Unwound/Lost Future where Layton received a letter from Luke for a new adventure and he actually received another letter but that's spoilers for Azran Legacies so I'm not going further with that. The point is that they have still got room for at least one more sequel trilogy which I personally feel the series could really use in order to properly wrap everything up.

But anyway's. This is good news that the Layton series will likely still continue beyond Azran Legacies. So we can raise support for Layton and not have to worry too much about Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS being his only chance of getting into Smash.

As the series could likely still continue for at least two more years after Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS's release. I guess this is a good idea to raise support for him now then.

Also, by the way. Are you guys still interested in the Layton codecs? Or should I just leave them at that? :/

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention that Layton series creator Akihiro Hino has shown interest in continuing the Professor Layton series after all.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/07/15/level-5-ceo-keen-to-continue-professor-layton-series/
http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/15/professor-layton-may-return-in-a-new-game/

Either sales have improved or Hino might feel that he still has got some unfinished business with the Layton series. Understandable if you consider the ending of Unwound/Lost Future where Layton received a letter from Luke for a new adventure and he actually received another letter but that's spoilers for Azran Legacies so I'm not going further with that. The point is that they have still got room for at least one more sequel trilogy which I personally feel the series could really use in order to properly wrap everything up.

But anyway's. This is good news that the Layton series will likely still continue beyond Azran Legacies. So we can raise support for Layton and not have to worry too much about Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS being his only chance of getting into Smash.

As the series could likely still continue for at least two more years after Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS's release. I guess this is a good idea to raise support for him now then.

Also, by the way. Are you guys still interested in the Layton codecs? Or should I just leave them at that? :/
Gentleman, let's use this incredible news as a rallying point. We meed to stop moping around in defeat just because Megaman was revealed and Namco is probably going to get a rep. Is it likely that Layton makes an appearance in Smash 4? No. However, he's a hell of a lot more deserving than all of these other characters that people are supporting on the character board. Keep fighting the good fight!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gentleman, let's use this incredible news as a rallying point. We meed to stop moping around in defeat just because Megaman was revealed and Namco is probably going to get a rep. Is it likely that Layton makes an appearance in Smash 4? No. However, he's a hell of a lot more deserving than all of these other characters that people are supporting on the character board. Keep fighting the good fight!

Haha nice speech Hoots. :) Yes we really need to stop moping around in defeat and really start raise support for Layton. I mean if people managed to get characters like Geno very highly requested for Smash despite then there is nothing stopping Layton (Not implying that Geno is a bad choice or anything, just that support can do wonders for any character), we should just raise support for him. Even if he doesn't make it into Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS it should have had a large enough impact to get him noticed for Smash Bros 5 like how it was for Megaman and many other characters. Especially since Hino is interested in having him in Smash and with him wanting to continue the series gives us all the more reason to raise support for him. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Now THAT'S Celebration worthy stuff. Oh, and please continue the codecs. I'm waiting for Don Paolo.

Here's my ranking of Layton games.

1. Unwound Future
2. Miracle Mask
3. Curious Village
4. Diabolical Box
5. Last Specter

I would further WHY I enjoy these, but I don't have time as of. Now. But don't worry *Puts on Mask of Chaos* I'll be back.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Now THAT'S Celebration worthy stuff. Oh, and please continue the codecs. I'm waiting for Don Paolo.

Here's my ranking of Layton games.

1. Unwound Future
2. Miracle Mask
3. Curious Village
4. Diabolical Box
5. Last Specter

I would further WHY I enjoy these, but I don't have time as of. Now. But don't worry *Puts on Mask of Chaos* I'll be back.
You enjoyed Diabolical Box more than Last Specter? Curious, indeed!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, for the codecs I'm going to cover Diddy Kong for Luke, Toon Link for Flora and Lucas for Emmy. By the way, Lucas's codec contains spoilers for Azran Legacies so be aware.

[collapse=Layton and Luke about Diddy Kong]
Oh, look at that little Monkey in red clothes, is that a Nintendo hat he's wearing?
He does, that's Diddy Kong Professor, he's the little buddy of Donkey Kong and is always by his side in many of his adventures, just like you and me.
That's quite nice to hear. I would suppose Diddy would like a nice tasty Banana wouldn't he?
If I had one I would have given him one but seeing as how he throws them in order to make people slip on them, I guess he got quite a stash of them in store eitherway.
Oh my, so he litters banana's on the floor? Well I guess I can't blame him for that, monkeys aren't usually taught to throw litter in the bin like every other true gentleman.
Do you recon it was Diddy Kong's banana's we kept running into during our adventure in Future London, Professor?
Very doubtful my boy. but eitherway, what other monkey tricks does Diddy Kong have up his sleeve?
Well I'm not sure if you ever believed in Jungle Technology, Professor. But Diddy Kong does have a Peanut Popgun which as the name implies shoots peanuts and a rocketbarrel that allows him to fly high into the sky.
Quite the unusual monkey then I'd say. I'd better keep a close eye on him.
I sure wouldn't mind talking to him sometime.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora about Toon Link]
That boy with the cat-eyes sure looks familiar.
Oh I see you're fighting Toon Link Professor, he does look familiar. I believe you are thinking of Link right?
You are spot on with that my dear, Toon Link does look like a smaller and.... more expressive version of Link. Speaking of which, would he be one of those "incarnations" Emmy and I discussed about Link?
Probably, while Link enjoys traveling by horseback, Toon Link prefers the open sea. I don't blame him, I always wanted to travel the sea, it sounds so calm and relaxing.
We might pay a visit to Luke's new home by boat if you like, Flora.
That sounds great Professor! But back to Toon Link. Unlike Link, he's much more faster and agile and he makes use of the regular Boomerang instead of the Gale Boomerang Link uses, Toon Link's bombs also show a much larger explosion and he makes use of the Fire and Ice Arrows so be careful of those.
For a little guy he sure shows some big potential. I guess I'd better keep a close eye on him.
You sure should Professor. Toon Link may look a little cute and silly but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be taken seriously. The little boy packs quite a punch surpassing even Link at times.
I'll keep that in mind, Thanks Flora.
You're welcome Professor.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Emmy about Lucas (WARNING! Spoilers to Azran Legacies)]
This boy, gives off a more timid aura than the rest of the fighters here. What gives Emmy?
Oh that's Lucas Professor, I'm not surprised you think that way. The poor child has been through some rough times you know.
Such as?
Well for one, back when he was very young, his mother got killed and if that didn't make things worse, he was also separated from his brother.
Oh....
Hmm....
You can relate with him can't you professor? You are thinking of.... him... don't you?
Yes.... I do, seems like Lucas and I got a few things in common. Did things turn out well for him?
Well if by "well" you mean if he got reunited with him again, yes he did but his brother returned as a "Masked Man"
Oh....
Do you want me to continue on how things ended Professor?
Does his Brother.... Die.... in the end?
Correct.
I... see...
Sorry for bringing back painful memories Professor, I guess we shouldn't of had this conversation.
No it's okay Emmy. After all, nothing can be done to what happened in the past, besides this makes me relate with Lucas's feelings better since I went through a similar thing in my life. I'd be more than happy to talk to him and help him improve his life. It's the least I can do for him.
That's a great attitude to have Professor. Just keep your head up, smile and look ahead to the future! Its what your loved ones would have wanted. I'm sure Lucas's live will improve as well and with you by his side I'm sure things will get better for him.
Thank you for the kind words Emmy.
Anytime Professor!
[/collapse]

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think tomorrow i'll make a codec for ness partly in celebration that i finally get to play earthbound

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You enjoyed Diabolical Box more than Last Specter? Curious, indeed!
I found the origin story of LS to be new, and LS had a more relaxing setting. A really good game, but in PL standards, I liked the Agatha Christie-like setting, and the unsettling nature of Folsense. All of these games are absolute gold, I just enjoyed some parts of others more.

I was impressed with LS' feeling after the Specter attacked. It felt... uncontrollable and chaotic. The erratic and smooth movements, and the smashing of the building with it's head!

Curious Village gave us the setting for Layton, Luke, and the entire game series. Besides I loved Don Paolo in CV more than any game.

Warning -Mild Spoilers ahead-

The Miracle Mask gave us one of my favorite endings, as opposed to a sad, or bittersweet one like in previous titles, this was just pure joy. I loved it. The music, and the new approach to walking around made it feel fresh. I can't wait for Azran Legacies, Because of this game.

And finally, the Unwound Future. A Layton game has yet to top the emotional impact of that game on me. Well, and I cried. And I don't know any Layton fan that didn't.

Music, Characters, setting. All of these made The Unwound Future the best Layton game as of yet, IMO.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Like I said, I'm a bit of a sucker for the Original Trilogy, not that the prequels are bad or anything. I just kinda enjoyed the characters and themes in those games more. Plus they have more replay value for me. I especially enjoyed Curious Village and Unwound/Lost Future the most. But I guess all of that is just my opinion really.

By the way. I'm not sure if you guys have already seen this but the UK logo of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy has been released.

Not sure if this is old news since I just now found out about this. ^^;

Looks neat, the game is supposed to come out late this year in Europe if I recall correctly, can't wait, and I can't wait to hear more info of any future Layton games that are in development. Hopefully it's a sequel trilogy with Layton as the main character and everything.

Top Bottom