• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Potluck Character Assembly Game

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
The objective of this game is to exercise collaborative, logical thinking while brainstorming ideas for an original character never before seen in Smash Bros. , and while a reimagining of an old character is valid, original characters are preferred. Each poster presents ONE suggestion for the new character until they are responded to. This suggestion may be for a move, an alternate outfit, a mechanic, appearance, name, story, franchise (may or may not exist), a collection of physical properties, trivia, etc. The next poster critiques (respectfully) and/or modifies the above suggestion, and then adds their own suggestion, but it must not be a replacement for the above poster's suggestion. It may be difficult to discern what counts as 'one' suggestion, so there is no strict definition, but the purpose for the 'rule' is to allow plenty of room for other posters to present ideas.

After the character is deemed complete by a vote from all contributing posters within a forty-eight hour period, anyone may then make one new suggestion for one new character, and the cycle repeats like so.

As an example and starter, I present a new character named Pizza-ro (pronounced as 'pizza' and 'row').

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Pizza Slice sounds, and is, unoriginal and doesn't seem to be the best choice for a model. Personally, I would have them be a Pizza Box with Pizza Slices on the bottom of the box and on the sides, with a sharpie in the box to represent a mean face.

The intro animation is them getting out of an oven with black ash(?) on them, and they shake themselves off in a similar manner to Ness in his intro animation

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Pizza Slice sounds, and is, unoriginal and doesn't seem to be the best choice for a model. Personally, I would have them be a Pizza Box with Pizza Slices on the bottom of the box and on the sides, with a sharpie in the box to represent a mean face.

The intro animation is them getting out of an oven with black ash(?) on them, and they shake themselves off in a similar manner to Ness in his intro animation
The opening of the box would be a natural mouth, so I might put the face on the outside of the box.

As an aesthetic touch and potential combat mechanic, steam rises from the pizza whenever Pizzaro opens his/her mouth near the beginning of battle. As time passes, the steam subsides.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
the steam will increase if they are at high percent.

for his neutral special, the box opens his mouth and shoots out a Pizza Slice, which acts as a projectile

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
the steam will increase if they are at high percent.

for his neutral special, the box opens his mouth and shoots out a Pizza Slice, which acts as a projectile
I would have Pizzaro utilize hands to pick up the slice and throw it forward in a rapidly downward progressing arc, depending on how long B is held.

When the pizza is hot (either because Pizzaro is beginning battle, or because he is 'sizzling' mad from high damage, as you proposed), it inflicts twice the normal damage (9%).

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
The pizza could be hot when touched by fire or explosion attacks.

His final smash will have him put his opponents into an oven.

Top Bottom