• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The original Mother protagonist, Ninten, for Smash as DLC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

(Sorry that I couldn't find an image that isn't huge. I'll try making something in PAINT.net later)
I created this thread because I couldn't find anybody else who wants Ninten in this section.

Ninten is the main protagonist of the first Mother game. He is a boy from Mother's day who uses baseball bats and things like that, much like Ness. He suffers from asthma during battle. His adventure begins when household objects start attacking him and ends the event by slaying a doll. He starts to investigate and it is revealed to be Giygas's doing. He has only appeared in Smash as sticker in Brawl and there is no trophy of him or anything in Smash 4. He is the only PSI user who learns no offensive PSI, you may think this means there is no unique moveset potential or that he would be a Ness clone, but you're wrong if you do. Well, if they're lazy they would make him a Ness clone which would make no sense. Anyway, pros and cons.

Pros:
Gives an underrated franchise more representation.
Gives a game with no representation other than music some attention.
He has some unique moveset potential and could be a defense based character.

Cons:
Mother is irrevelant. This kind of effects his chances.
He is from a Japan only game. Although, it should be released on the VC. A translation has already been already made. C'mon Reggie, give us Mother 1!
He looks just like Ness, which could cause confusion. Though, we do have Dark Pit and Lucina.

Moveset ideas:
Neutral special: Hypnosis. Put's the user to sleep for a short amount of time, a lot like Jigglypuff's sing.
Up special: Teleport. This works like Mewtwo's teleport and can teleport you in any direction.
Down special: PowerShield. This is another counter, sorry. lol
Side special: Ninten throws a boomerang and after a couple of seconds comes back to him.
Jab: He uses his baseball bat to attack the opponent.
Up smash: Uses a slingshot to attack what is above him. If Palutena can have crazy range on her up smash, Ninten can.
Side smash: Ness's side smash where he attacks with a baseball bat, except Ninten's is stronger.
Down smash: Ninten spins around and attacks what is around him with a baseball bat, a bit like Shulk's down smash. I only did something like this because I didn't want to use anything from Ness.
Up tilt: Attacks what is above him with his baseball bat.
Side tilt: Slashes his baseball bat like a sword user would with a sword. This is quite laggy.
Down tilt: A bit like Marth's but with a baseball bat. It is slightly laggy.
Dash attack: Spins with his baseball bat. This is a laggy move but has pretty good range.
Neutral air: Like his jab, he attacks with a baseball bat generically, but in the style of a swordsman's nair.
Fair: Stabs the opponent with his baseball bat.
Uair: Like Shulk's up air but with you guessed it, a baseball bat. It's quite powerful.
Dair: Slashes his baseball bat like a sword at whatever is under him. This is a meteor smash.
Bair: Stabs what is behind him.
Pummel: Pummels the opponent with a baseball bat.
Up throw: Attack's the opponent with a baseball bat and then throws them upwards. This is powerful and sends opponents quite far.
Forward throw: Throws a boomerang at the opponent up close and then throws them afterwards. This is powerful but doesn't send the opponent very far.
Down throw: Smashes the opponent with a bat and proceeds to throw them away. Like his other throws, this is powerful but again, doesn't send the opponent very far. Good for starting a combo.
Back throw: Smashes the opponent and then throws them backwards. This sends the opponent quite far but is the weakest of Ninten's throws.
Final smash: Calls Ana, Loid and Teddy to help him finish of the opponents. It's a bit like Shulk's final smash, but the three instead use things they use in Mother. Loid uses his guns, Teddy uses his physical strength and Ana uses her PSI.

Arguements:

Mother is irrelevant!
Hello says Duck Hunt Duo.

Mother is a Japan only game!
Marth, Lucas and Roy say hello too. Though, I think the original FE game was remade and Roy was in FEA as DLC. According to the Gematsu leak which was probably based on outdated information, Lucas was cut due to time constraints.

Mother isn't iconic / isn't a major Nintendo franchise!
Many people know who Ness is, and Kid Icarus is a minor Nintendo franchise and that has three representatives.

Supporters list
TBA

Ninten for Smash!

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Sorry... But I kind of already created a Ninten support thread. It's just that it has been so long since anyone has commented on it that it would be understandable if you overlooked it. Here's the link to mine if you want to look/comment on it: http://smashboards.com/threads/4th-d-slip-master-ninten-for-dlc.379203/

If you didn't know, then the mods don't like two threads about the same topic. So sorry but expect this thread to be locked soon.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Sorry, didn't notice that.
We should have a thread stickied that lists all characters with a support thread.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh. Sorry, didn't notice that.
We should have a thread stickied that lists all characters with a support thread.
We used to, but I'm not really sure what happened to it.

None the less, you should be able to use the search option on the top of the page just as easily. Also, I'll lock the topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom