• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero In Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Okay, well we all know Megaman right? We all love him. However, what about his older brother? That's right, I'm talking about no other than one of the top Maverick hunters of all time... Zero. Unlike Megaman, Zero demonstrates supreme close combat skills. He rarely uses his buster and relies on his trusty Z-saber to get the job done. He has the same attributes as Megaman except he has an edge when it comes to experience. His weapon set ranges from long range to medium to short range making him an adequate match for, say, Link. He's got plenty of attitude to boot, so his taunts and endings will be suave to say the least. His Z-buster rivals the blue bomber's X-buster and bests it in the long run. Elegant, fierce, powerful, quick, and a complete bad *** are only some of the words you could use to describe this fierce deity among Maverick Hunters. So c'mon!! Show the blue bomber's brother some love!! I won't post my ideas for movesets until I hear it from the rest of you. Also, what version of Zero would you like to see if he did make it into brawl? In addition, what items do you think capcom would bring over if both the blue bomber and the red rider*haha...trying to find a nick name for him* were put into this game? Happy posting!!!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
na... only the main character from 3rd party franchises should get in. this zero seems like the equivilent of shadow. just because a character may be stronger than another doesnt mean it is more important than it. especially if it is the main character.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Techinically, Zero is his own character as is Shadow. They both have their own games therfore making them main characters. Unlike Shadow though, Zero has a series of his own games, a huge fanbase, as well as many requests for his return in future megaman games. He is different from shadow as he isn't a mirror image of Megaman. He is a completely different character and would be amazing to play as. Having two people from the megaman universe would be really cool and Zero would play completely different than Megaman making them both pretty good additions to SSBB.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
its not that, its just that i believe only the main characters of franchises should get in. the number of 3rd party slots will be extremely low (2-4), so having a non main character over a 3rd party franchise main character wouldnt be very fair.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I agree with that. However, if Capcom decides not to put megaman into the game, then Zero would be a good replacement for them. It was just an idea. Thanks for your input!

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
At last, someone has made a Zero thread! I definately want to see him in Brawl! I can't stress this enough.
i would have made one a long time ago, but noone would have replied. anyway, zero is a main character, as well as a supporting character. it makes no difference if he does not start out as one in the x series, if he is playable as a character and has his own alternate story, he is a main character, and having his own series brings him up to that position. besides, we know the creator of the mega man series created zero before X and was originally going to make zero megaman x, so that hints some preference over X right there, especially if he created the Zero series specifically for zero. the reason for the games being handheld is simple. console games always tend to be bigger compared to the megaman\x games, so it makes sense to put the zero series on gba.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I have saw that information on wikipedia. Zero was supposed to be the central character of the MegamanX series, but due to lack of popularity & fan complaints, he turned out to be just a support character. Good research Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom