• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Courage do you have Project M on? It just showed you waiting at the right ledge.

Edit: never mind lol
GGs Timmy! Dang, you got A LOT better :dizzy:

Like besides Yoshi, the only characters I think i did ok with are DDD and Lucario...even then I got impatient(a few times for the lols) and dropped games. Still tho, nice Ness. Nice PK shananigans

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Well GGs CourageHound!
I got like the dumbest KOs on your D3 though... I remember winning with the bat that I didn't even input and then on Pokemon Stadium I got 2 PK Flash KOs... :p

And that Ness vs. Marth match... I felt so dumb once my shield broke. It felt so hype though (especially when I got a Jab Lock but BARELY missed the F-Smash). XD

Mind giving me advice on the Yoshi MU? I get frustrated to no end against him... -__-

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Well GGs CourageHound!
I got like the dumbest KOs on your D3 though... I remember winning with the bat that I didn't even input and then on Pokemon Stadium I got 2 PK Flash KOs... :p
lol yea I remember running into the second flash on purpose to so if I cuz armor it with Super D3 Jump. Lol i missed timed it xD

And that Ness vs. Marth match... I felt so dumb once my shield broke. It felt so hype though (especially when I got a Jab Lock but BARELY missed the F-Smash). XD

Mind giving me advice on the Yoshi MU? I get frustrated to no end against him... -__-
Tbh...I have no idea how to give advice vs Yoshi with ness. I guess be patient and don't get grabbed? I mean, Ness is one of my more favored MU just because I'm allowed to be aggro at times and I'm also good at evading and walling.

Give me a situation and I think I can give you advice on what to do.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
lol yea I remember running into the second flash on purpose to so if I cuz armor it with Super D3 Jump. Lol i missed timed it xD

Tbh...I have no idea how to give advice vs Yoshi with ness. I guess be patient and don't get grabbed? I mean, Ness is one of my more favored MU just because I'm allowed to be aggro at times and I'm also good at evading and walling.

Give me a situation and I think I can give you advice on what to do.
Um, do you know what Ness can do while Yoshi is recovering? I know PK Flash (and PK Thunder to an extent) doesn't work cause I get egg'd lol

Also can you please tell me how to avoid Yoshi Bomb? I get hit by it more than I should...

I guess my biggest issue is that I can't really use PK Fire in this MU and Yoshi just racks up damage on me like crazy (his aerials just flow so smoothly). >__>

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Well your practice definitely showed through, once you got me in the air it was literally me going from like 10->80%. I was freaking out lol
I SD all the time with multiple characters. xD I've come to shrugging it off unless it's happening repeatedly and killing the atmosphere. Like, pew pew! We're fighting and I just manage to recover. Ledgestall... whoops, missed the ledge, down I go. x5.
I'm not either, but over time I've learned what people do, for example when they dodge Din's or whatever, so I try to psych people out with it. It has an unexpectedly huge hitbox. Point is, try to find how people react to whatever you do as Marth and try countering it. Like... uhh... something cool I saw recentlywas dolphin smash -> instant counter (as in down b). If you knew the person was gonna try punishing the endlag. It could come in handy? ^^ I'm sure there'd be some other marf tricks if you try looking around. :p

Thank you! I will turn zelda into a feared combo wracker!
... well, you could say it was more of a followup, but combo sounds better. :p #falseadvertising
Well, give it a go someday when we play again! I don't think I use enough of TL's projectiles, I use them moreso to accent his attacks. I'm using arrows less and less recently... so I'd love to see you do it and try learning some things. :D

... Anyone else for brawl? ^^
Panicking a little?ol,I got pretty nervous myself a lot of times .OH! So,that's what happened. Ah,icic.SDing usually happens to me when I forget I used my second jump.it's really silly xd

Dolphin smash to instant counter is a pretty clever tacticr,good example,I'm pretty slow at downloading a players mind set when it comes to their reactions to certain moves,the stronger a player,the harder it is to read them.

Rofl your funny. xD and the supposed combos you did were a follow up instead? i guess that means I failed to DI at any given time.interesting

The links are more of a zoning type character,I'm more of a rush down and mix up kind of guy,I like characters that space well but link offers too much space. I merely use link because I have a lot of love for the games. X3

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Eh, I'll take it. Not a lot of people around. I'm not that great at PM though

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Looks like we may have something. I'm a little worried about your connection though, Path. :o
:'( Yeaaaap. It has a bipolar personality. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it lags as heck. You can go ahead an 1v1 though, if more people show interest we can try setting up something.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
I think Jiggles is done playing, unless anyone else wants to join.
GGs btw, Jiggles!
Technical skill is still my biggest barrier in PM. I know what I want to do, I'm just not good enough to do it, lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ok, now i can. Still for doubles?

I just found mi headphones so i can play aaall night :)
A bit off topic, but nice avatar dude. Casshern is such a beast.

Also if I wasn't in Australia, I'd consider playing right now.

Haven't actually wanted to play Wi-Fi for like... 2 years. lol

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
A bit off topic, but nice avatar dude. Casshern is such a beast.

Also if I wasn't in Australia, I'd consider playing right now.

Haven't actually wanted to play Wi-Fi for like... 2 years. lol
I'm not biased or anything...

...but you should Wi-Fi sometime. And rage at the lag.
Edit: @ Grey Cool! Still up for a few matches?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Aero pls infract Path 4 dub posts pls.
kei

... harbarahabhaayrgahagsyabh done

Do you still have access to the report tab? (I'm curious)

I'm not biased or anything...

...but you should Wi-Fi sometime. And rage at the lag.
I tried playing someone in Hawaii once when they begged me, it was a horrible experience. One game took like 10 minutes.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
kei

... harbarahabhaayrgahagsyabh done

Do you still have access to the report tab? (I'm curious).
Yeah I do. It's weird. I have the powers of a mod (seeing reports, can edit, lock, delete threads, etc) but I can't see to infract.

Top Bottom